Author Topic: Welcome new members!  (Read 793126 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Welcome new members!
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 20:39:19 »
+1 Post :P
.. trying to sell my Zowie Celeritas

Er, actually posts in the New Members forum do not count towards your post count.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jenggo

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 20:25:46 »
my 1st post...
hope i can found what i need for my keyboards  ;D
Filcos | JD40 | Planck | FJELL | Jetfire | Weaven | GON 60 | BWU | DasKeyboard | PokerII | Strafe | Octagon v2 | TX 1800 | TXCP | Realforce 104UB | KMAC 1 | TXPad | DC60 | Ergos

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 17 November 2012, 20:26:37 »
Welcome to GH!

What are you looking for?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 02:42:07 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

if you can't find what you are looking for here, it is almost certain that someone will know where you can find it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 26 November 2012, 03:44:47 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

if you can't find what you are looking for here, it is almost certain that someone will know where you can find it.

trust the man! we know where you can get what you want! :)

Offline bace

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 22:12:47 »
Quick stupid question. Are we allowed to sell other computer peripherals besides keyboards in the classifieds?
[Current] : Maxkeyboard NightHawk x8 ; Topre Realforce 103UB 55g ; Topre TypeHeaven

[Past] : Noppoo Choc Mini ; Das Keyboard Pro ; Filco Majestouch 2 Linear R Black Ninja 104 ; White Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 104 ; Plu ML-87

Logitech G500

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 28 November 2012, 22:50:24 »
Yup! Sell anything you'd like!

Offline bace

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 00:41:21 »
Yup! Sell anything you'd like!

sweet thanks!
[Current] : Maxkeyboard NightHawk x8 ; Topre Realforce 103UB 55g ; Topre TypeHeaven

[Past] : Noppoo Choc Mini ; Das Keyboard Pro ; Filco Majestouch 2 Linear R Black Ninja 104 ; White Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja 104 ; Plu ML-87

Logitech G500

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 16:46:30 »
Once you have at least 60 posts.

Offline bace

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 30 November 2012, 17:50:29 »
Once you have at least 60 posts.

yup. working my way up there.

Logitech G500

Offline iri

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 06:36:59 »
hi everyone. i'm typing this post on a cloud of boobs. wtb blue/red/brown/62g springs for another ergo clear mod.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 17:15:34 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

There seem to be a few Russians joining recently.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Re: Welcome new members!
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 00:32:44 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

There seem to be a few Russians joining recently.
Tipo33 or Ski is Russian too

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 20:34:39 »
In Russia Geek Hacks YOU!

Offline soft insanity

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 15 December 2012, 16:05:22 »
Hey guys, just here to try to get some pbts from a group buy.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 15 December 2012, 23:12:29 »
Hey guys, just here to try to get some pbts from a group buy.

Sure, browse away.  You can post in existing classifieds threads with less than 60 posts - you just cannot create new threads there.

Offline sammsorensen

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 18:30:48 »
Informative!
Filco MJ2 TKL brown

Offline dohboi

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 02:58:54 »
Hey guys! Found this forum while I was browsing to find some PBT caps for my new board and thought it would be very useful. Just purchased a Filco Ninja TKL Cherry Black as my first board, and I hope I made a good choice! From what I'm seeing, if I want to preserve these beautiful keys, I would probably have to get another full set of keycaps in its place, defeating the purpose of having these keycaps...  :(

So I decided to join here to search for extra sets of these to maintain that matte look I love so much. And since I'm still not exactly a touch-typist yet, since I still look down here and there especially for anything above row 4, I can't do an all blank keycap set just yet.

Does anybody know which companies make keycaps with a similar profile to the Filco OEM caps? That way I can keep using these here and get a ton of blank keycaps for the keys I do know to keep these matte. If I understand correctly, its only a matter of a few weeks before these keys get shiny!

Offline pauLuap

• This text is personal.
    • NearlyEverything.com
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 03:59:27 »
...and thus, my lurking ends.  I knew I could only hold out for so long, but I just couldn't keep resisting.

Clack!
+----------------------------------+
These words have been read.

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 15:06:39 »
Hello GEEKHACK

I'm new on the forum as of a week or so.
Most of what I know about mechanical keyboards was learned here and at deskthority.net

I have a back room with some crappy membrane switch keyboards and some rubber dome DELL and NEC boards as well.

Recently I got a Matias Quiet Pro for PC which I am happy with, to replace a CM Storm Trigger that I was less than happy with. (Really it's was me and not the keyboard, it was a fine keyboard, with great bone structure and everything...)

I'm a software engineer at Pro-Active Engineering in Madison, WI. where I do embedded software, applications  and other assorted IT tasks like machine setup, networking etc. all kinds of thing related to the needs of a versatile engineering firm.

At work I'm surrounded by talented engineers and technicians, doing PCB layout, schematic design, fabrication drawings, prototypes and mechanicals, parts sourcing and procurement, BOMs, QA and testing, prototypes, fabrication and assembly.

And then there are the machines, stencils and selective soldering, pick and place machines and wave soldering, laser engraving and bar code printers, workstations with hand assembly and inspection tools.

A family member works nearby in an acrylic fab plant that makes custom housings and much more than I know about.

I was looking at the Phantom keyboard project and thinking that would be cool with Matias's quiet ALPS switches, perhaps a row of multimedia keys and a low profile front, and projection multicolored LEDs instead of backlit.  Along with some nice warm sculpted spherical PBT keycaps on a tenkeyless board.  it would be cool to have it powered by something like an arduino so geekhackers could do stuff to it even after manufacture.

Personally I'd like to see it with a 'big-ass enter key and a short right shift so that the / and \ keys could be adjacent.

Well that's me, dreaming!

Nice to meet you all :)

« Last Edit: Sat, 05 January 2013, 15:08:31 by deepthawt »
More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline iri

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 15:14:45 »
hello, engineer for engineers! just out of curiosity, where did you get your matias?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 16:33:10 »
...and thus, my lurking ends.  I knew I could only hold out for so long, but I just couldn't keep resisting.

Clack!

Welcome to Geekhack!

Hello GEEKHACK

I'm new on the forum as of a week or so.
Most of what I know about mechanical keyboards was learned here and at deskthority.net

Welcome to Geekhack too :)

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 17:15:29 »
hello, engineer for engineers! just out of curiosity, where did you get your matias?

I bought my MQP from Josh at http://mechanicalkeyboards.com

More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline Firefly303

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 00:21:55 »
Seems theres a post count  requirement on  the Interest Check Subforum.

bummer.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 02:43:36 »
Seems theres a post count  requirement on  the Interest Check Subforum.

bummer.

Did you try to create a new thread?  If so, you do need at least 60 posts for that.

Or did you try to reply to an existing thread?

Offline jgutman

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 13:31:34 »
Just joined!
I'm wanting to build a steampunk-style keyboard and am a bit intimidated buy having to cut up keys to just get the round stems.
OK, ok, call it laziness.
Anybody know of a vendor that had these pre-cut or better still, with old typewriter keys already glured on?
Thanks.

Offline iri

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 17 January 2013, 09:25:46 »
I'm wanting to build a steampunk-style keyboard
like this?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline deltr

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 21 January 2013, 09:27:43 »
This is a great idea to get people to actually participate in the forum. More importantly, it's more reason for us to enjoy our keyboards!

Offline crazeco

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 02:15:42 »
I lurked too long, registered too late, and bought too much!

Offline Rafen

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 28 January 2013, 06:11:57 »
I lurked too long, registered too late, and bought too much!

Yep...that sounds about right.  :))

Offline denmark

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 12:17:58 »
Hi, new member here. I was hoping someone had a review about armaggeddon keyboard. Until now im undecided whether cm, ducky, for a TKL.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 29 January 2013, 17:18:42 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

If in doubt, CM QFR if backlighting is not a requirement, Ducky if you need backlighting.  Both are great keyboards :)

Offline kblo

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 19:18:31 »
Hi all, joining today but im a regular reader of gh.

I going to buy a mech keyboard real soon and finally be part of this club too.

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 11:46:22 »
I joined GH last week and I'm looking for people from Brazil.
Anyone from Brazil here?
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline noons

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 01 March 2013, 16:10:26 »
Well I guess I am going to have to get more involved and lurk less as I need to thin out my collection that has grown (thanks to geekhack)! ;) If you guys talk me into buying a topre I am going to be pissed.
Tofu65 Turquoise Tealios | Drop ALT LP Alpacas | 2X Leopold FC750R MX Brown | KUL MX Brown w/Cherry Stab MOD | Leopold FC660C BLANK | REALFORCE 87U 45G | HHKB PRO2 | Leopold TKL MX RED | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX BLUE

Offline 420

• Leopold FC700R
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 22:40:51 »
hi im new here from indonesia... just switch to mechanical keyboard not long ago and pimping it.... and this website is cool so i decide to register myself... hahhahahah

Offline Blazed

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 07 March 2013, 23:29:24 »
hi im new here from indonesia... just switch to mechanical keyboard not long ago and pimping it.... and this website is cool so i decide to register myself... hahhahahah

I was going to ask what keyboard, then I looked at your profile :)

I am using filco with mx blues. I like click

Offline 420

• Leopold FC700R
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 11 March 2013, 04:58:43 »

I was going to ask what keyboard, then I looked at your profile :)

I am using filco with mx blues. I like click

i love the blues... i previously owned a blackwidow.. but after i found out about poor anti ghosting i sold it and change to red switch...

i miss the clicky noise..... probably my next keyboard will be mx blues.... got to save up for this ***** aint cheap.... hahahah

Offline viking_57

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 15 March 2013, 07:30:26 »
Hi ALL!
Happy to find such a forum.
I thought it was just me who gets obsessed.
Remote Controls, PVR's must be anything that taps or clicks.

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 15 March 2013, 12:43:38 »
i got a bad feeling ill lose a lot of money on this forum  :p
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 19 March 2013, 16:36:48 »
i got a bad feeling ill lose a lot of money on this forum  :p
definitely!
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline flizz

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 00:36:10 »
thanks for the info, i was wondering why i couldn't post in the classifield forum.

Offline Henkers

• Youtube
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 20 March 2013, 18:50:56 »
Sounds like i should start saving then...

Offline bvtton

• bvtton
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 14:29:16 »
My name is bvtton and  I am addicted to input devices. Been lurking in GH and deskthority for quite some time, finally got my first mechanical keyboard (CM Storm QF Rapid, MX reds) and loving it.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 26 March 2013, 14:32:40 »
Congrats, bvtton! Welcome to geekhack. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Offline Neal

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 31 March 2013, 17:05:18 »
Hi! I lurk quite a bit. ;_; And spend money...

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 16:28:22 »
I'd better get started, this QuickFire TK I'm trying to sell is just sitting here collecting dust!
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline templai

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 08 April 2013, 17:16:52 »
Hi, my name is Daniel and I'm new here.

Also been lurking in GH and deskthority for a few months already. I've had my Filco tenkeyless for about 5 by now, which is my first mechanical board. Loving it so far.

« Last Edit: Mon, 08 April 2013, 21:25:11 by templai »

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 05:13:54 »
Hi, my name is Hưng and I'm new member.
Also been lurking in GH and deskthority for a few months already. I've had my Filco tenkeyless for about 5 by now, which is my first mechanical board. Loving it so far.

Offline Chau

• .5 Korean, .25 Vietnamese, .25 Chinese, Oz accent
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 09 April 2013, 05:17:00 »
Chao em. Welcome.