Author Topic: geekhack noob  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Aerendraca

geekhack noob
« on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 11:39:05 »
Hi guys, I'm pretty new here but I've been watching for a while. Woah, that sounds creepy, I'm nice i promise!

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
Re: geekhack noob
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 13:05:00 »
Don't worry ^^
We all started off as lurkers, I'm sure.

Welcome to GH, hope your wallet doesn't hate you after you've checked out all of the group buys, classifieds, and other cool forums :P

You got a mechanical keyboard on you yet? If so, which one?
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 28 March 2014, 21:55:02 »
Hihi lurkers are totally cool, glad you've decided to register/post.
I love Elzy

Offline Aerendraca

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 02 April 2014, 07:18:01 »
I did have a very old Filco 5220 (1987) mechanical keyboard but I've just stripped it for the Cherry mx switches after it was accidentally dropped from a significant height by a colleague.

I'm actually embarking on a bit of a diy custom keyboard specifically targeted for use with Photoshop; which is where I intend for the these recovered switches to be implemented. That said, I am starting to get a bit of serious admiration over some of the mechanical keyboards on the forums and hadn't seriously considered buying one, but some of them are true works of art which makes the idea of a (possibly custom built, if not custom coloured) full mechanical keyboard very appealing.

p.s This forum is a hive with people and information, I love it! I lurk no more.