geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

I created a keycap set and named it "Gardenia"

(1/4) > >>

BananaEmpress:

Link to the Imgur gallery of this render: https://imgur.com/a/xBe14hs

Hello everyone! I wanted to share with you a little something I worked on for the past weeks - I created a keycap set inspired by warm tones and indoor plants. Thanks to my SO I now have an obsession with designing these and thought I could push my skills a little further. I also developed an obsession with indoor plants while in quarantine so my brain gave birth to this. The keyboard and pad are created by me using Blender and then rendered in Adobe Dimension. I've also credited the 3D artists that made the lovely decorations available for use. Let me know what you think of it - critiques are always welcomed!

Also posted this on reddit, my SO recommended me I post it here also since you guys know this stuff all to well :D

paperassgasket:
Interesting choice to have a different color numrow. Not my thing but I respect it. Colors remind me a bit of GMK Fox. The contrast is a bit too stark and the usage of 4 (5 w/ Spacebar?) colors here seems a bit busy and disorganized particularly with the dark green mods and nav cluster but light green F-keys and numpad.
Conceptually though, you are definitely on to something. That terracotta brown is a nice color and the greens you are using seem to be very popular lately.

BananaEmpress:
Thank you for the feedback! Yes it's a bit of a strech making the numrow different, but I decided to test how it looks. Will try and group the keys a bit better and color them more neatly - will also look into other keycap sets and see where they stand regarding the number of used colors and in what proportions they're used. I'm glad to hear that I'm on the right track though! Will work more on this set to try and perfect it. Thank you again for taking your time commenting and sharing your opinion, I really appreciate it  :D

KermittDaFrog:
Wow ! Nice keycaps set   :D
How much time did you past for modelling all of that in blender ?
I'm interested in 3d modelling, but i never really tried to model something, except technical parts in fusion 360 for 3d printing !

paperassgasket:

--- Quote from: BananaEmpress on Sun, 28 March 2021, 14:36:20 ---Thank you for the feedback! Yes it's a bit of a strech making the numrow different, but I decided to test how it looks. Will try and group the keys a bit better and color them more neatly - will also look into other keycap sets and see where they stand regarding the number of used colors and in what proportions they're used. I'm glad to hear that I'm on the right track though! Will work more on this set to try and perfect it. Thank you again for taking your time commenting and sharing your opinion, I really appreciate it  :D

--- End quote ---

Absolutely. I appreciate the genuine effort you are putting into this set.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version