Author Topic: 【IC】Zero-G Studio X DMK ABS Keycap Set "THIRD SPACE"  (Read 9198 times)

Offline Zero-G Studio

• Find the balance between colors
【IC】Zero-G Studio X DMK ABS Keycap Set "THIRD SPACE"
« on: Thu, 12 May 2022, 21:39:15 »
Hey everyone!

The Zero-G “THIRD SPACE” Double Shot Cherry Profile Keycap Set is now in IC.
Please fill out this IC form if you’re interested or have any feedback:
IC FORM

Introduction
The “THIRD SPACE” keycap is designed by Zero-G Studio and manufactured by Domikey.

Design inspiration
In the 1970s, the American sociologist Ray Oldenburg proposed the concept of "third space" from the perspective of urban and social research. He calls the place of residence the "first space", the place where he spends a lot of time working is called the "second space", and the "third space" is the informal public gathering place outside the place of residence and work, and the concept of the "third space" emphasizes the social role of the place, such as cafes, tea houses, bars, community centers, and so on.

Today we bring you this set of blue-based design "third space".

The main color is blue with two different saturations, representing another space outside of work and life. It's also real, right all around us.

It's a VR game-themed design. The birth of VR games makes us feel the immersive game experience, as if entering another world.

World of Warcraft is the first MMORPG to include a quest system.In the novel design, I added exclamation points and question marks to pay tribute to World of Warcraft, a milestone in the MMORPG game and a great game that has accompanied me for 10 years.

World of Warcraft used to be my third space besides work and life. On the continent of Azeroth, I have a group of friends and comrades who have never met. We chatted together, play through quests together , and did tasks together. As if this were another world. In reality they may be all over the world, but on the road to Azeroth, they are right next to me.

With this set of designs, we commemorate our lost youth and pay tribute to our best friends in the game.

Kits

Base

NOVEL
We are trying to use translucent ABS keycaps to design NOVEL, of course, what I am showing now is just some effects, it is not the final solution.

Relegendable keycap
For a better match, we tried to make a Relegendable keycap, he can change the stickers you like according to your preferences. Keycap renderings to be presented later.

Spacebars

Alt Color

Color Palette
In order to achieve the blue effect in the rendering, we made more than 40 physical color cards for screening, and repeatedly compared them under different lights to select the most beautiful blue.

SPECS
Designed by Zero-G Studio
Manufactured by Domikey
Profile: Cherry (1-1-2-3-4-4)
Material: ABS
Double-shot legends

Renders

Kit Pricing
TBD

GB Dates
GB time is expected to open in July

vendor
GLOBAL:KPREPUBLIC
NA: ThocKeys
AU/NZ(OCE):Allcpas
CA: DeskHero
UK:ProtoTypist
EU:KEYGEM
AS:MoYuStudio
VIE:Uniq Meck
TW: INPAD

Timeline
Production period is estimated to be around 100-120 days after the GB ends.

Collaboration
If you are interested in collaborating, please contact us by

Contact
Discord:https://discord.gg/NAS6dWPKUJ
mail:43178850@qq.com
wechat:1861185029

« Last Edit: Wed, 22 June 2022, 01:04:00 by Zero-G Studio »

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
Re: 【IC】Zero-G Studio X DMK ABS theme keycap "Metaverse"
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 May 2022, 21:51:45 »
After this week, I don't think anyone that would be interested in a crypto themed set has the money to buy one

Also GMK Metaverse has been a thing for years, could you not think of a unique name for this set?

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 May 2022, 22:06:18 »
After this week, I don't think anyone that would be interested in a crypto themed set has the money to buy one

Also GMK Metaverse has been a thing for years, could you not think of a unique name for this set?
This theme isn't just for those blockchain or virtual currency players.
I think the metaverse is about all of us. With the development of technology, although we have not joined the popular blockchain industry, our lives are indeed gradually affected by the concept of the metaverse, including movies, games, Books, socializing, shopping and many more.
GMK's Metaverse is a game-themed design, so I don't think it's actually a conflict.
And the elements contained in this theme are actually the definition of the metaverse. I also gave the definition of the metaverse at the beginning of IC. ;D

Offline chat and team

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 May 2022, 22:06:50 »
This is pretty good better than whatever the weeb one was at least.
geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
Chinese overlords won

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 May 2022, 23:04:34 »
LOL
the only feedback I'm willing to leave here is the name choice is in conflict with an existing and well known set, it's in your best interest to change it. also pretty disrespectful given you're clearly aware of the other set. but yeah no f*ck off with that nft theme

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 00:16:20 »
I like the set , except the novs lol.

Also suggest another name
More
Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13

Offline Helminth

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 00:44:02 »
It's a decent looking set but I would change the name as it conflicts with an existing set.Also the name and colors makes me think of Facebook which tbh is not a good thing. Also please change the noveltys they really don't fit what you are going for. At that point just make a crypto set.

Offline kapowaz

• kapowaz industries
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 04:18:20 »
I don’t normally make a habit of dunking on peoples’ designs for aesthetic choices, but the crypto-based novelties are cringeworthy and the timing is incredibly poor. I’ve been reading about people attempting because of the crypto market imploding, and so I have very little time for anyone trying to throw out one last grift at the expense of people hoodwinked into believe it was going to take them to the moon.

Edit: a word is obviously automatically removed here but hopefully you can fill in the blanks. Suffice to say there’s a real human toll on people who have speculated on crypto.

Offline panka

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 06:46:34 »
can someone clarify why this looks almost exactly like https://kbdfans.com/collections/pbtfans/products/pbtfans-doubleshot-spark ?

Offline purryoverlord

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 07:11:23 »
I wonder when will people realize that this type of IC comes from the east pretty much already done. I haven't seen them changing opinions because of something that we said. The name is probably already established there, the novelties, the color, etc. Unless something we are saying is matching some of the criticism they received there, it's not gonna matter at all because their main priority is their public and then they share to us that "hey this exists if you are interested!" The same way we do it with our western ICs at zfrontier (the IC comments there are always people asking to not do GMK and do with a OEM manu for example, or less kittings, cheaper keysets). What they will take from this is that it wont sell as well in the west and that's pretty much it.

Also whoever said this looks like pbt sparks, bro are you okay? this is waaaaaay more saturated, if anything it would be like GMK Jamón but blue.

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 08:29:37 »
LOL
the only feedback I'm willing to leave here is the name choice is in conflict with an existing and well known set, it's in your best interest to change it. also pretty disrespectful given you're clearly aware of the other set. but yeah no f*ck off with that nft theme
I respect each author's work, and my feedback is that I think this set of themes is a good fit for the Metaverse's name. And I've been discussing the new theme name with the guys at the studio today and updating it. So please believe that we thought it had a name that matched the theme at the time and interpreted it differently, so it didn't feel relevant, but since you've come up with it, we should have corrected it accordingly. THX

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 08:30:48 »

Thanks for liking, we have updated the name to virtual world today

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 08:32:24 »
It's a decent looking set but I would change the name as it conflicts with an existing set.Also the name and colors makes me think of Facebook which tbh is not a good thing. Also please change the noveltys they really don't fit what you are going for. At that point just make a crypto set.
Thank you for your suggestion, it has been modified and will be gradually optimized and corrected in the subsequent IC

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 08:37:41 »
I don’t normally make a habit of dunking on peoples’ designs for aesthetic choices, but the crypto-based novelties are cringeworthy and the timing is incredibly poor. I’ve been reading about people attempting because of the crypto market imploding, and so I have very little time for anyone trying to throw out one last grift at the expense of people hoodwinked into believe it was going to take them to the moon.

Edit: a word is obviously automatically removed here but hopefully you can fill in the blanks. Suffice to say there’s a real human toll on people who have speculated on crypto.
I see what you mean, but the topic describes a more advanced internet age. And on the subject of cryptocurrency, I think he did make some people suffer a lot, but should we also see the positive side of him, what we want is a virtual world like the one in the Ready Player One movie. It can make our life easier and more progress.

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 08:42:45 »
I wonder when will people realize that this type of IC comes from the east pretty much already done. I haven't seen them changing opinions because of something that we said. The name is probably already established there, the novelties, the color, etc. Unless something we are saying is matching some of the criticism they received there, it's not gonna matter at all because their main priority is their public and then they share to us that "hey this exists if you are interested!" The same way we do it with our western ICs at zfrontier (the IC comments there are always people asking to not do GMK and do with a OEM manu for example, or less kittings, cheaper keysets). What they will take from this is that it wont sell as well in the west and that's pretty much it.

Also whoever said this looks like pbt sparks, bro are you okay? this is waaaaaay more saturated, if anything it would be like GMK Jamón but blue.
Thanks a lot for your advice, but I believe the design is partially borderline. For all the opinions and suggestions in the work, we will see it at the first time and attach great importance to it. Of course, there may be a time difference problem, which will cause the reply to be a little slower, but it will never be ignored. And please believe that the design we make has what we want to express in it. What we hope is a new era of the Internet is coming. A virtual world of our imagination. So we also changed the theme name.

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 08:45:27 »
can someone clarify why this looks almost exactly like https://kbdfans.com/collections/pbtfans/products/pbtfans-doubleshot-spark ?
The two sets of keycaps should be different in terms of color and matching. If it's a matter of shades of color. I feel like a lot of themed keycaps take this same-color over-the-top approach. Don't know if you agree with me?

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 08:49:55 »

Thank you very much for your suggestion, because of the time difference, we may be a little late to fix it.

Offline panka

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 08:51:43 »
The two sets of keycaps should be different in terms of color and matching. If it's a matter of shades of color. I feel like a lot of themed keycaps take this same-color over-the-top approach. Don't know if you agree with me?
i do, but it's quite the coincidence that they look so similar and came out in the same timeframe
oh well, **** happens

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 08:55:57 »
i do, but it's quite the coincidence that they look so similar and came out in the same timeframe
oh well, **** happens
Do they really look the same? Completely different colors, different themes. In terms of saturation. I think his color scheme might be similar to GMK Jamón. But I promise absolutely nothing like KBDfans Spark, one is grey and one is blue. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline Zero-G Studio

Re: 【IC】Zero-G Studio X DMK ABS theme keycap "Virtual World"
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 09:12:01 »
Thanks to all the friends who gave feedback. Due to the time difference and work problems, there is no timely reply and processing, but we will take every friend's feedback seriously and give a timely response.
We have carefully considered and considered the elements and colors of each design. If there are any points that we have not considered thoroughly, please correct and give feedback in time.
But I hope you can still communicate with a peaceful mind, thank you.

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 09:40:05 »
We will be making a new NOVEL in the next week. It will be a set of NOVEL themed around the virtual world. Thanks a lot for everyone's suggestions.

Offline KBKlon

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 11:50:06 »
It would be nice if the alphas and mod colors were swapped.

Good to see icon sets from DMK. I wasn't a fan of DMK text mods which only offer "Alt Gr" on one of the 1.5u bottom row keycaps while the other one is just "Alt" (kinda breaks the symmetric aesthetic of a tsangan bottom row).

Offline Jr.Mars

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 17:51:55 »
good looking set.
gdwic

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 13 May 2022, 21:50:39 »
It would be nice if the alphas and mod colors were swapped.

Good to see icon sets from DMK. I wasn't a fan of DMK text mods which only offer "Alt Gr" on one of the 1.5u bottom row keycaps while the other one is just "Alt" (kinda breaks the symmetric aesthetic of a tsangan bottom row).
We will try to match, if the effect is good, we will adopt, thank you ;D

Offline KBKlon

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 14 May 2022, 09:47:01 »
F13 please?

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 14 May 2022, 21:08:34 »
F13 please?
DMK has no F13 molds for now. I have recorded this problem and reported it to DMK.

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 14 May 2022, 21:09:20 »
good looking set.
gdwic
thanks, like it

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 00:59:39 »
This is pretty good better than whatever the weeb one was at least.

LOL

We accepted everyone's opinions and suggestions, and set a new name for the theme "Third Space".
And some friends have raised some objections to products such as cryptocurrencies and blockchain. We have also made modifications, and we will redesign the NOVEL. He will be a virtual themed design.
Thanks again for everyone's comments and suggestions. We will continue to pay attention to your feedback and make optimization adjustments. What we want to do is not only a design that we think is good, but also a design that you like.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 01:06:13 »
Another miss. This set has nothing on sets shirt available on aliexpresss in terms of aesthetics
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline KBKlon

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 18 May 2022, 09:06:18 »
F13 please?
DMK has no F13 molds for now. I have recorded this problem and reported it to DMK.

Could you please provide a blank R1 key in the base kit if there's no F13 key.

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 20 May 2022, 02:37:20 »
F13 please?

Could you please provide a blank R1 key in the base kit if there's no F13 key.
Because DMK doesn't have the F13 mold yet, but I have already put this suggestion for feedback. We will add some new kits in the future, which I believe will meet your needs.

Offline KeebRehab

Re: 【IC】Zero-G Studio X DMK ABS Keycap Set "THIRD SPACE"
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 21 May 2022, 23:28:17 »
I'm sorry but it's funny how you scrapped the Cryto/NFT theme just to change it to Ready Player One. Do you realise that Ready Player One is almost just as unsavoury of a theme?

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 22 May 2022, 21:36:30 »
I'm sorry but it's funny how you scrapped the Cryto/NFT theme just to change it to Ready Player One. Do you realise that Ready Player One is almost just as unsavoury of a theme?
I think you may have misunderstood the meaning of my theme, because I prefer to play games and match the desktop, so the theme is the third space. It means that in our work and life, we can all create a free space of our own. And the "Ready Player One" movie happened to be a virtual game space, so I used him as an analogy.
But I think each of us should have a dedicated space of our own, where we can freely entertain, socialize, and do whatever we like.
I don't know how I explained it, do you agree? ;D

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 23 May 2022, 03:16:51 »
does this also come with the rounded spacebars like other dmk sets??
More
Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 24 May 2022, 21:43:22 »
does this also come with the rounded spacebars like other dmk sets??
This space is the circular space bar of dmk. It may be that the blue color is not very clear. We are re rendering the real color card, and give the matching display effect of different matching columns, which will bring more kit. Probably this weekend.

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 20:28:59 »
update: 2022/6/2
Our update this time has made a lot of changes. For example, we have added keycaps with replaceable stickers and added technically translucent keycaps. Hope you all like it. :D

Offline Zero-G Studio

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 08 June 2022, 05:05:28 »
update: 2022/6/8
The color card selection process
Matching effect display