geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

Group Buy 4 - Interest check for a CAPSLOCK Vim KEY

<< < (2/3) > >>

gilgam:

--- Quote from: hashbaz;408529 ---Personally I just forgo caps lock altogether, and have two escapes.  I'd be in for at least one vim caps lock if we can get enough interest to make it feasible.
--- End quote ---

So do i

I have a problem with Uppercase accent letter in French though. Caps lock is a must have
Having a capslock key for the function row may be nice but more expensive ...

If you have any interest please tell me how many keys you would like.

daerid:
I'd be in for one of these at least. This is what I wanted from the last vim group buy. Also, if they could match the Filco profile, that'd rock

hashbaz:

--- Quote from: daerid;409078 ---I'd be in for one of these at least. This is what I wanted from the last vim group buy. Also, if they could match the Filco profile, that'd rock
--- End quote ---

+1.  Not really interested in another spherical vim cap.

grasshopper:

--- Quote from: hashbaz;408529 ---Personally I just forgo caps lock altogether, and have two escapes.  I'd be in for at least one vim caps lock if we can get enough interest to make it feasible.
--- End quote ---

I don't use caps lock either. However, I still think it's desirable for a caps lock key to be available because some programs set caps lock to on or off. If you don't have a caps lock key then there's always the danger that caps lock could accidentally be set to on and you'd have no easy way of turning it off.

That being said, it might be possible to fix the problem with key remapping, assuming the PS/2 standard doesn't require caps lock to be a dedicated key. For example you could set up a keymap so that pressing ALT-GR + the Vim key sent a caps lock keycode. Has anyone actually tried this?

DrTrivial:
I would be in for two caps lock vim keys if this ever goes through.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version