Author Topic: Post Art You Like  (Read 5954 times)

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
Post Art You Like
« on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:54:42 »
RULES: EVERY post must contain a piece of artwork you like.
43182-0
Artist: StudioQube
I've been a huge studioqube fan ever since middle school LOL. They are just two brothers doing an independent studio and they've hit it big. One of their recent projects was official Halo 4 concept art.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Post Art You Like
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 09:58:25 »
43184-0

^^ Tis art to me and I love it!  :thumb:

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:01:28 »

Hex from Daniel LuVisi's Last Man Standing, possibly one of my all-time favourite character designs. Buy Dan's LMS book, seriously.

And no, that's not a reflection, the universe is his skin.

Will probably post a lot in this thread if I cba digging up pics and stuff.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:03:15 »

Kris Kuksi does amazing sculpture.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:08:59 »
Before making this my primary community I was a member of a few community's dedicated entirely to making forum signatures.  May sound stupid but we used to make some pretty crazy looking **** back in the day, and some people are still at it.  Most of the communities have been dead for awhile but a lot of the guys I used to tag with (thats what we called making the sigs) turned out to be incredible artists and have been extremely successful in the digital art world.  Here's some of my favorites from guys I know

http://strangeprogram.deviantart.com/art/Spiralling-148633601
http://fmacmanus.deviantart.com/art/Lost-199851496
http://gasolin3.deviantart.com/art/Overload-198822354

Also check out the following if you wanna see more, I know a ton of the guys who are members here.
http://depthcore.com/
http://www.intrinsicnature.net/
http://www.cosmosys.net/
http://www.slashthree.com/

The only tagging community that is even remotely alive right now is tagfreak.net/forum/ and it is pretty dead compared to some of the communities from 3-5 years ago that I was a part of.  I only really hang around there to talk to some old friends that are still around.  You can probably find some pretty idiotic **** on there that I've said in the past.

Now I have Geekhack so I don't need any other community.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:12:11 »
Show Image

Hex from Daniel LuVisi's Last Man Standing, possibly one of my all-time favourite character designs. Buy Dan's LMS book, seriously.

Wow I have his book and loved every bit of it, such a cool art and story behind it  :thumb:
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:14:41 »

Offline kolonelkadat

• Force Project X
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:15:41 »

afaik its an album cover. I love this style.
"Obviously, windows are central to Windows. But what is a window?"

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:39:25 »
Show Image

Wow I have his book and loved every bit of it, such a cool art and story behind it  :thumb:

I have both that and a pre-order in for the new release, which I think is more of a re-release with a bunch of fan-art and stuff in it rather than a sequel to Gabe's adventures.

There's also a film of it being made, I really hope it does the work justice.

And obligatory artwork(click for bigness, it's worth it);

By Mathias Verhasselt, one of the people who got me into concept art to begin with. He's now a senior artist on the Blizzard cinematic team if memory serves right, his stuff is amazing.
Find him on facebook and take a look at his work for the Daily Spitpaint group, the stuff he can do in just 30 minutes is amazing.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 10:42:18 »

More of a poster I'd say. But this brings back lots of memories.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 November 2013, 11:13:52 by Lastpilot »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 12:17:39 »
Conor Harrington, one of my favorite street artists:

Offline jinxedx84

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 12:20:35 »
43187-0
-filco TLK MX Blue & IMSTO thick blank blue keycaps
- White Poker II MX Blue

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 13:09:52 »

I own this original. The artist is Mike Maydak and I own another one of his originals, and many prints.

http://mikemaydak.com/gallery/
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 13:45:35 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 16:53:02 »
43207-0
Garden of Earthly Delights - Hieronymus Bosch

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 16:57:16 »
(Attachment Link)
Garden of Earthly Delights - Hieronymus Bosch

I remember that from a car ad, the company hid the cars in the painting...

Offline 127001

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 17:05:18 »

The Three Oncologists

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 17:11:10 »
Conor Harrington, one of my favorite street artists:

Conor Harrington is dope.

I prefer Anthony Lister, though.

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 08 November 2013, 20:29:52 »

Was located in a hallway in Dropbox, San Francisco. Unsure of the artist since we were too busy and forgot to ask the client.

Offline iri

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 09:08:54 »
well, let's first narrow it down to the art i've seen with my own eyes.

one of my favourite paintings of all time, A prayer to Khonsu by Stefan Bakałowicz:

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 09:33:34 »
Show Image

Was located in a hallway in Dropbox, San Francisco. Unsure of the artist since we were too busy and forgot to ask the client.

That is pure awesome.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 10:13:10 »

Offline iri

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:25:35 »
russia's traditional ornaments

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:48:23 »
I used to be a glass blower, so I am partial to blown glass.

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 00:58:33 »
I used to be a glass blower, so I am partial to blown glass.

Show Image

That's awesome.  Love it.

Offline iri

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 04:31:07 »
46319-0

46321-1

46323-2

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 19:01:29 »
46393-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Morwrath

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 19:13:56 »

Ducky Mini w/ white LEDs [Browns]

WTB SLUSHY RED CC/BROBOT!!
Got 3D and Hack Orange for trade, both MX.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 19:50:21 »
I've always been a big fan of stephen powell's blown glass art. I used to live in the same town as him, and he's a really great guy. My mom taught his son in middle school.

from his "echoes" gallery on his website
http://www.stephenrolfepowell.com/worksindex.html

He has donated some works to the local library, and some days I'd go in there and read a book while looking at them.

He's also the main  reason Centre college has one of the better glassblowing programs.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 21:02:50 »

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 07:36:01 »
You should check this guy out he is awesome!
http://www.jaestudio.com/index2.php#/home/

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 16:54:30 »
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 17:12:43 »
Show Image

:eek: so cool who is the artist?

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 17:59:18 »
That is Dan Seagrave, a British artist who is known for doing covers for a whole bunch of death metal bands. I just love his style.

www.danseagrave.com
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 03:27:17 »
48388-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 03:28:17 »
And for comparison, the original:

48390-0