Previous Events Archive > KEYCON 2013 CHICAGO

Things I learned at Keycon...

<< < (10/13) > >>

HoffmanMyster:

--- Quote from: tjcaustin on Mon, 19 August 2013, 15:56:18 ---One more, flight delays suck.  Especially hour long ones

--- End quote ---

:(  You made it back though, right?  Hopefully it was worth it still!  :D

tjcaustin:

--- Quote from: HoffmanMyster on Mon, 19 August 2013, 16:02:09 ---
--- Quote from: tjcaustin on Mon, 19 August 2013, 15:56:18 ---One more, flight delays suck.  Especially hour long ones

--- End quote ---

:(  You made it back though, right?  Hopefully it was worth it still!  :D

--- End quote ---

Just finally got in the air 2 hours late

damorgue:
I learnt the same as many other have mentioned. People do not look like you think they do.

The_Beast did not look like a lumberjack
mkawa did not look like a younger Mr. Miyagi
CptBadass did not look like a character from M.A.S.H
Neither did mashby
Americans from the southern states do not look like cowboys

I may suffer from stereotypical preconceptions. No offense.

Binge and sifo were not that far off.

vivalarevolución:

--- Quote from: HoffmanMyster on Mon, 19 August 2013, 13:51:35 ---
--- Quote from: prdlm2009 on Mon, 19 August 2013, 13:47:23 ---
--- Quote from: HoffmanMyster on Mon, 19 August 2013, 12:43:14 ---
--- Quote from: prdlm2009 on Mon, 19 August 2013, 10:24:30 ----I want to live in Minnesota/Wisconsin solely so I can be immersed in the accent

--- End quote ---

Which one of us convinced you to come up to WI/MN?  There weren't too many of us there.

--- End quote ---

Oh it's more from the four or five trips that I have taken to Minnesota and Wisconsin, and my propensity to take up the accent when I am there for a couple days.  And all the lakes and rivers.

--- End quote ---

Yay!  I'm pro-WI.  :)  Make sure you let me know if you're visiting, I'll take you out for some drinks.  If you want - I won't force you.

We do talk real nice, so I can't blame ya.

--- End quote ---

Could you explain the WI/MN?

HoffmanMyster:

--- Quote from: prdlm2009 on Mon, 19 August 2013, 18:10:07 ---Could you explain the WI/MN?

--- End quote ---

You mean my location?  Sure.  I am from southeast WI, go to school in MN, and am currently living in east central WI.  I was living in WI last fall, MN this past spring, WI this summer, and MN this fall.  For simplicity, I opted to just say I live in both states.

I also wanted to make it known that I basically live in both states for meetup purposes or anything of that sort.  Someone in MN might otherwise be hesitant to ask someone from WI to help out with something, but since I have an apartment in MN I could easily and quickly travel there even when I live in WI.

Hope that answers your question.  :)

So...according to your fascination with MN/WI accents, we should be best friends since I live in both.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version