Author Topic: White replacement keys for Filco Majestouch?  (Read 2876 times)

Offline RichestManInTown

White replacement keys for Filco Majestouch?
« on: Fri, 21 August 2009, 17:18:16 »
I just ordered a Filco Majestouch Linear Force keyboard. For a while I have been using autohotkey to map media, volume and other commands to the number pad and I would like to have these keys be different colors. I was wondering if anyone knows if there are replacement keys that will work on this keyboard that come in white or light grey so I can dye them.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 August 2009, 17:23:22 »
You mean like this?

http://keycapsdirect.com/

Filco does make a lettered white Majestouch board that can be special ordered, but I can't imagine you'd want to do something like that. There are some older boards that use Cherry switches that are gray/beige, but not sure of fitment

Offline RichestManInTown

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 August 2009, 17:36:36 »
Keys like the ones at keycapsdirect.com would be great if they could be had at a lower price, though I am content to have them just colored with no fancy symbols on top.

Offline RichestManInTown

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 August 2009, 23:29:09 »
You're right, that was kind of disheartening, those orange blue and green keys are almost exactly the colors I was hoping to get.

Along with my keyboard I ordered the lavender WASD replacement keys elitekeyboards.com offers. I plan on replacing them and the ESC key which should give me five key's to test with coloring. I've had good results from Krylon Fusion paint in the past so I'll try giving that a shot when the board arrives. Thanks for the advice.