Author Topic: Need Mythical TKL with left FN+WASD = Arrow Keys  (Read 2147 times)

Offline pm_

Need Mythical TKL with left FN+WASD = Arrow Keys
« on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 09:43:46 »
Hi -

I need a ten keyless keyboard where there is a left function key, preferably in place of the left windows key, that turns WASD into arrow keys. Key (re) mapping software may also work, but my preference would be to remap the Windows key as a function key, and if my memory is correct, the Windows key is not programmable on most keyboards.  So finding this as a native option on a TKL would be preferred.  60% and similar keyboards (e.g. HHKB) are not an option due to WAF.

Is anyone aware of any TKL keyboards that implement this?  Preferably with a Cherry MX Silent or Topre switches?  Would a Filco Majestouch 2 + Pegasus Hoof Controller work, and if yes, is that really my only option?

Offline joey

Re: Need Mythical TKL with left FN+WASD = Arrow Keys
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 09:45:31 »
Just get Filco + Pegasus :thumb:

Offline Tactile

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 12:14:42 »
Choose a TKL you like and add one of these.
REΛLFORCE

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 23:35:14 »
Both Joey and Tactile have good solutions. A compatible TKL and one of Bpiphany's aftermarket controllers is quite good if your want to keep the whole thing self-contained. If you want to use any keyboard you like though, Hasu's USB-USB converter is better. depending on how much room you have inside your preferred keyboard's case, you might be able to mod it to internally house the Converter.

A third option is to build your own Programmable TKL from scratch, such as a Phantom (available at MechanicalKeyboards.com, I think) or something like this a Winkeyless B.87.
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline pm_

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 23:40:56 »
I thought I'd follow up. I ended up getting a Filco Majestouch 2 TKL HAUKUA (Silent Reds) and a Pegasus Hoof. I ran into some issues programming the Pegasus Hoof with Java and putting it into boot loader mode, but once I got those sorted out and the Hoof flashed, it looks like I have what i wanted.  I'll probably post a review in the Reviews forum, but wanted to try to tie up this thread.

Regarding the issues I had flashing the Pegasus Hoof, I wrote that up here:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46700.msg2537042#msg2537042

Thanks all for your help!