Author Topic: [GB] GMK Olivia++ | Orders Closed  (Read 272154 times)

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
Re: [GB] GMK Olivia++
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 10:37:28 »
December 12, 11:35 ET:

Core Light: 1119
Core Dark: 476
Novelties: 190
Extension: 247
ISO UK: 60
Spacebars: 666
hihihi: 170

* Zfrontier's numbers are from December 11, 3:03 ET.

Offline bobgr8

« Reply #151 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 11:52:27 »
When would this ship?

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 11:58:11 »
When would this ship?

Late April is what it says on the site

Offline delrn

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 12:19:24 »
When would this ship?

As always, add about 1-2 months for delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 12:23:54 »
When would this ship?

As always, add about 1-2 months for delays.

I concur

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 14:35:43 »
GMK's current lead time is 20 weeks from when the order is placed. With shipping to each of the vendors, customs clearance and packaging that should leave us around May 2019.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #156 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 16:27:43 »
More
December 12, 11:35 ET:

Core Light: 1119
Core Dark: 476
Novelties: 190
Extension: 247
ISO UK: 60
Spacebars: 666
hihihi: 170
* Zfrontier's numbers are from December 11, 3:03 ET.

More
<— history to date
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 December 2019, 00:39:57 by dvorcol »

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 12 December 2019, 23:32:23 »
Question: does GMK Olivia ++ provide "Back Space" keycap for R2? I preordered Rama 65B, and their backspace is on R2

there is no R2 Backspace in GMK Olivia++, this set has R2 Delete instead (like the original HHKB)

Yes, This is my only concern from the first day Olivia++ launched. This will not fit nicely in my Rama Koyu.
They are the same key, just different legends (though basically the same if you come from the Mac/HHKB side). It will fit just fine on your Koyu.

Not really, Since the Koyu has R2 1,5u "Backspace", and R1 1u "Delete" + R1 1u "\". It is just not perfect to replace R1 1u "Delete" with other R1 key such as "Print", "Lock", "Pause" and "Insert."

"Delete" is delete, "Backspace" is backspace.

Would appreciate if this GB can add 1,5u "Backspace."

What? The Koyu pcb will run VIA, you can make any key what ever you want. What are you basing your claim that "the Koyu has R2 1,5u "Backspace", and R1 1u "Delete" + R1 1u "\"", the renders? Personally I never use R1 1u Delete on my 65s it just looks too weird on that top row. Also it's way to late to ask for this change. This should have been mentioned during the IC phases of the keyset.

Guys, chill. I respect Olivia's decision as GB runners for this decision.
Did not ask for change. Said "Would appreciate if this GB can add 1,5u "Backspace.""
Only hoping like other successful GB reach way above MOQ, maybe in the end as a bonus, there is a surprise additional key that which is R2 1,5u "Backspace" or other Novelties.

Yes, KOYU has VIA to play around with. I can change any keys whatever i want with VIA to my KOYU.

Just a friendly FYI, RAMA KOYU has build in Plate which is unibody with the top Case/Cover.
And the top row is only milled with 1u, and the PCB is also fixed 1u top row. Link to Rama Works KOYU unboxing (
t=8s). And attached pictures directly from Rama page.* RW-KOYU-MONO-HAZE_2048x2048.jpg (93.11 kB - downloaded 154 times.)

Meaning, KOYU does not have top Row 2u "Backspace".
The Default "Backspace" layout for KOYU is R2 1,5u.
If want to move Backspace to top row, meaning i must use R1 1u Backspace.
However, R1 1u "Backspace" is not included in this GB. So, meaning i got to fill in the top row with other R1 1u available such as "Print", "Scroll, "Pause", and others.

KOYU is not as flexible as your M65A or upcoming M65B which has 2u "backspace" option on the plate.
(unlucky for us KOYU owners).
And not sure whether M60A has a fixed all 1u top row or not, Any M60A owners here?

Hope it enlighten the thoughts.

Cheers.
Peace out you all.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 December 2019, 02:16:43 by ConfuseBill »

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 02:06:50 »
Not really, Since the Koyu has R2 1,5u "Backspace", and R1 1u "Delete" + R1 1u "\". It is just not perfect to replace R1 1u "Delete" with other R1 key such as "Print", "Lock", "Pause" and "Insert."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Too bad so sad that this GB is run by someone who disagrees with you then.

Show Image

Chill guys.
I come in peace.

I support GB runner 100% for their decision. And did not ask for a change.
Just saying that "This will not fit nicely on my KOYU." Already explained the reason in my reply to Tyson.

No more argument.

But, really, really wishing if this GB surpasses way higher than MOQ, there is surprise bonus key. Maybe R1 1u Novelty, or maybe R2 1,5u Novelty.  :p

Cheers.
Peace out.

Btw, what Windows laptop is that in the pictures.....
It does look like MX Low Profile switch.
Oh wait, is it Butterfly Switch...
Oh, oh. That maybe the Scissors switch
Yeah, let's go back to Scissors switch.
Just kidding y'all.

Happy Holiday, Merry Christmas.
 ;D

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 07:08:11 »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Too bad so sad that this GB is run by someone who disagrees with you then.

Show Image

Chill guys.
I come in peace.

Just saying that "This will not fit nicely on my KOYU." Already explained the reason in my reply to Tyson.

No more argument.

But, really, really wishing if this GB surpasses way higher than MOQ, there is surprise bonus key. Maybe R1 1u Novelty, or maybe R2 1,5u Novelty.  :p

Cheers.
Peace out.

Just kidding y'all.

;D
Nobody comes in peace in this community, bro. We're all a bunch of fat, greasy, pretentious neckbeards ready to jump on anyone and everyone for anything. So buckle up, keyboard warrior. This is the Olivia++ thread. The Gremlins are hungry and ready to pounce

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #160 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 13:49:06 »
December 13, 2:49 PM ET:

Core Light: 1171
Core Dark: 495
Novelties: 194
Extension: 260
ISO UK: 64
Spacebars: 698
hihihi: 176

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #161 on: Fri, 13 December 2019, 16:19:55 »
More
December 13, 2:49 PM ET:

Core Light: 1171
Core Dark: 495
Extension: 260
Spacebars: 698

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2019, 13:19:38 by dvorcol »

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #162 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 15:52:53 »
December 14, 16:52 ET:

Core Light: 1183
Core Dark: 498
Extension: 261
Spacebars: 700

* Novelkeys' numbers are from December 13

Offline RainyDays

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 17:16:59 »
Why is the dark kit not provided as an alpha kit nstead? Wouldn't it need less to reach MoQ

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #164 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 17:26:33 »
Why is the dark kit not provided as an alpha kit nstead? Wouldn't it need less to reach MoQ

Because in that case you would need to buy both regular base and the dark alpha kit...? Now you can just buy the dark base and be done with it.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 14 December 2019, 17:39:17 »

Show Image

Chill guys.
I come in peace.

No more argument.

Cheers.
Peace out.

Just kidding y'all.

;D
Nobody comes in peace in this community, bro. We're all a bunch of fat, greasy, pretentious neckbeards ready to jump on anyone and everyone for anything. So buckle up, keyboard warrior. This is the Olivia++ thread. The Gremlins are hungry and ready to pounce
Normally your cynicism is on point, but this community is actually pretty decent (in large part because people can vote with their wallets or start their own projects instead of just sucking it up and buying a Corsair).

If people want more complete ISO support they can buy Umbra or Nautilus Nightmares or wait for Nord or one of the KAT sets (which supports even more languages).

Its not like being a fan of anime outside of Japan and having no ability to financially support the creators or influence the market, you can offer feedback in the IC, get blown off, leave, and choose to support buys that offer what you want instead.

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #166 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 00:21:34 »

Show Image

Ah, it does look pretty wack having "Delete" 1u on the top row, and right below it above enter having another "Delete."
231930-0
I use Delete more than anything for work, so I need it on the base layer. Meh, I'll just do what I've always done and use a boop-able matching artisan for the 1u.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 01:12:43 »

Show Image

Ah, it does look pretty wack having "Delete" 1u on the top row, and right below it above enter having another "Delete."
(Attachment Link)
I use Delete more than anything for work, so I need it on the base layer. Meh, I'll just do what I've always done and use a boop-able matching artisan for the 1u.

Heh, I use ~ key so it's not an issue for me, but yeah that is super tacky.

Offline bukowski

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 04:19:47 »
Imagine asking for iso in every IC with those pathetic turnout.

Litterally can't even come up with half of the Hihihi or Rama numbers.
As far as I'm aware most (but not all) ISO users also have seperate language specific characters aswell, so offering just the ISO UK set without the additional language keys for French, Dutch, German, Nordics etc. really doesn't give the set many potential buyers. Just a theory.
Yeah, you are right. This kit is useless to people from Germany(+Austria) and France(+Switzerland). So the ISO-Kit ignores the two biggest european countries (170 Million people, not even counting the nordic countries). For me that means I'm not buying the base kits and extras, just because my legends are not covered.

Great job!

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 04:22:49 »

Show Image

(Attachment Link)

Heh, I use ~ key so it's not an issue for me, but yeah that is super tacky.

Wow, double "Delete" key is a pretty dope, so we won't miss that delete key right after we miss-type anything. ***Just kidding***
Yes, an artisan or novelties will do nice to cover the R1 1u, should find Rose Gold Aluminum R1. Does Rama has Rose Gold R1 1u keycaps?   

Maybe, FUYU should change that R2 1,5 "backspace" to "delete" as well. @Mcnos though you gonna make EPBT for FUYU. How bout the Pyramid scheme, EPBT then GMK. Look at Toxic, first JTK, then GMK.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #170 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 05:22:53 »
Yeah, you are right. This kit is useless to people from Germany(+Austria) and France(+Switzerland). So the ISO-Kit ignores the two biggest european countries (170 Million people, not even counting the nordic countries). For me that means I'm not buying the base kits and extras, just because my legends are not covered.

Great job!

If you have no interest on buying the set or any of the extra stuff, or you want to ask about the GB timeline or any other GB aspect or have serious concerns about the vendors selling this set that should be known by the rest fo the community, why do you keep posting on this thread?

Just because you post about it over a dozen times doesn't mean that neither the group buy runner or other people are not aware of your position and have not taken it into consideration.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103619.msg2841877#msg2841877

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103619.msg2841683#msg2841683

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103619.msg2841611#msg2841611

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102914.msg2835373#msg2835373

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102914.msg2834273#msg2834273

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102914.msg2833600#msg2833600

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102914.msg2833246#msg2833246

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102914.msg2831872#msg2831872

Great job!

« Last Edit: Sun, 15 December 2019, 05:24:48 by Zambumon »

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #171 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 06:45:27 »

If you have no interest on buying the set or any of the extra stuff, or you want to ask about the GB timeline or any other GB aspect or have serious concerns about the vendors selling this set that should be known by the rest fo the community, why do you keep posting on this thread?

Just because you post about it over a dozen times doesn't mean that neither the group buy runner or other people are not aware of your position and have not taken it into consideration.

Great job!

That feeling when the keycap designer actually verifies that your concern is valid and it's being considered.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 December 2019, 08:57:15 by wholypantalones »

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 06:52:37 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36773.0

2) Threadcrapping: If you aren't interested in joining a group buy, STAY OUT OF THE GROUP BUY THREAD. This goes doubly so if you disagree with the way the buy is being run, the product being purchased, or have any other complaint not relevant to buying into the group buy. Repeat offenders put themselves in danger of moderator action.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #173 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 07:37:55 »
We are almost to a combined base kit sales of 2,000! And we are only half way through.

Thanks again for everyone joining this! :)

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 08:26:33 »
December 15, 9:25 ET:

Core Light: 1238
Core Dark: 520
Novelties: 203
Extension: 269
ISO UK: 67
Spacebars: 729
hihihi: 181

* Zfrontier's numbers are from December 13

Offline megaforce

« Reply #175 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 11:23:54 »
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline OzzyG

« Reply #176 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 11:32:47 »

This is pretty awesome, Having it being my first group buy I really hope the dark core reaches MOQ. Looks like if the numbers stay steady it should reach it.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #177 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 12:09:34 »
If core dark doesn't quite get to 1000 (and I think it still will)...they're gonna take our money.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #178 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 12:16:55 »
This is pretty awesome, Having it being my first group buy I really hope the dark core reaches MOQ. Looks like if the numbers stay steady it should reach it.

This won't be a worry. Dark core will get produced.

Offline OzzyG

« Reply #179 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 13:15:27 »

This won't be a worry. Dark core will get produced.

If core dark doesn't quite get to 1000 (and I think it still will)...they're gonna take our money.

Woohoo! Thanks for that, I'm not sure how I missed that. So stoked now!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #180 on: Sun, 15 December 2019, 16:14:20 »
More

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2019, 13:19:02 by dvorcol »

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #181 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 07:54:20 »
December 16, 8:54 ET:

Core Light: 1279
Core Dark: 546
Novelties: 208
Extension: 281
ISO UK: 71
Spacebars: 764
hihihi: 187

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #182 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 11:07:28 »
This is awesome. Olivia++ will become the next Laser Cyberdeck!

Offline alanskiii

« Reply #183 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 12:37:45 »
Go dark go!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #184 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 13:17:54 »
More
December 16, 8:54 ET:

Core Light: 1279
Core Dark: 546
Novelties: 208
Extension: 281
Spacebars: 764
hihihi: 187

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2019, 12:32:32 by dvorcol »

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 14:37:27 »
764 spacebars   :eek:

Offline whyamihere

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 16:44:36 »

:^)

the lack of nordeuk and 40s kits are really holding the sales back

/s
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2019, 10:02:31 by whyamihere »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 16:56:05 »

oh boy here we go again
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Dakk1d

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 02:55:58 »

oh boy here we go again

What he's saying is true though :)

But I guess life's rough when you use a niche layout in a niche hobby amirite.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 02:57:24 »

oh boy here we go again

Yeah... it'll hit the already low MOQ eventually. An extension kit with a HHKB delete with 'Backspace' on it and whatever else people are shouting for now for might sell 3 times as many (at the same price?), but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  the UK ISO kit is actually pretty neat since it can cover a light and dark base at the same time for a reasonable price.

Offline dugihk

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 03:42:21 »
Beautiful ! :thumb:

Offline whyamihere

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 10:05:24 »

oh boy here we go again

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 10:22:57 »
December 17, 11:22 ET:

Core Light: 1316
Core Dark: 595
Novelties: 211
Extension: 291
Spacebars: 782
hihihi: 190

* Zfrontier's numbers are from December 16

Offline bukowski

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 11:00:45 »

Great job!

Because I tried to get a statement for a seperate NorDeUK-Addon Groupbuy. The chance has vanished now, since people are not going to order Base Kits on the possibility that it might be useable one day.

Please dont be mad.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2019, 11:08:49 by bukowski »

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 11:12:52 »

Great job!

Because I tried to get a statement for a seperate NorDeUK-Addon Groupbuy. The chance has vanished now, since people are not going to order Base Kits on the possibility that it might be useable one day.

Please dont be mad.
LeL iF yOu WaNt ThE kIt JuSt RuN iT yOuRsElF

Offline vision-quest

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 11:52:38 »

Damn, nearly 2k kits just over 2 weeks in. Impressive.

Offline dietonto

« Reply #196 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 11:55:00 »
I cant wait to receive this set  ;D

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #197 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 12:29:49 »
More

More
<-- history to date
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 December 2019, 15:48:06 by dvorcol »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 15:32:46 »

oh boy here we go again

i use colemak and instead of whining about how no set supports my layout/the support kits are expensive, i made my own set that supported it and every other layout :)

i love olivia
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 15:36:34 »

oh boy here we go again

i use colemak and instead of whining about how no set supports my layout/the support kits are expensive, i made my own set that supported it and every other layout :)

i love olivia
Care to share how you 'made your own' set of blanks? For the sake of getting all of the whiners, to shut up, of course.