Author Topic: [IC] SLK Dessau (Group Buy LIVE May 1st – June 1st)  (Read 113061 times)

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Re: [IC] SLK Dessau • slkdessau.com
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 07:33:20 »
Thank you for the update and looking great so far.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adιlie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #201 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 15:46:45 »
reminds me of a more polished version of those crappy typewriter-looking keycaps you can find on amazon

Offline fairypenguin

• zzz
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 07 April 2022, 16:50:13 »
I enjoy DSA, so I bet these would feel great to use too. They look so nice.

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 11 April 2022, 17:59:56 »
Excited to share we'll be working with Turbulent Labs on some beautiful accessories to pair with SLK Dessau.
There will be desk mats and wrist rests in two sizes and two colorways, and coasters if there's interest in those. All of these offerings will be made from full grain Nappa leather.
More info to come once we finalize some of the details 🙏

« Last Edit: Mon, 11 April 2022, 18:49:12 by kema »

Offline WhiteHelix

• KurantRubys Techblog
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 12 July 2022, 09:00:27 »
I absolutely love the design, reminds me a bit of Dieter Rams Braun products. Definitely a have to buy.

Offline Zaum.Tech

« Reply #205 on: Tue, 09 August 2022, 12:24:39 »
Dieter Rams is certainly what comes in mind. Intriguing.

Offline Sail

« Reply #206 on: Fri, 18 November 2022, 15:26:53 »
It's been quite a while since we've had an update on this project.
Have things just stalled or is progress still being made?
82G2383 APL keys    G303

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 05 February 2023, 16:49:26 »
Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates here, progress had been slow but in early January, we got our samples to a place we were happy to move forward with.
The group buy will run from May 1st to June 1st with delivery estimated in December.

Over the next few months we'll be fixing up renders and the minisite, working on our artisan collabs, continuing to refine the keycaps and doing a full set of samples (this will probably be completed during the group buy itself).

For now, if you'd like to get email updates, do join click the "SLK Updates" button on FK Caps' new site: https://fkcaps.com/keycaps/slk/dessau

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #208 on: Sun, 05 February 2023, 17:32:35 »
Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates here, progress had been slow but in early January, we got our samples to a place we were happy to move forward with.
The group buy will run from May 1st to June 1st with delivery estimated in December.

Show Image

Over the next few months we'll be fixing up renders and the minisite, working on our artisan collabs, continuing to refine the keycaps and doing a full set of samples (this will probably be completed during the group buy itself).

For now, if you'd like to get email updates, do join click the "SLK Updates" button on FK Caps' new site: https://fkcaps.com/keycaps/slk/dessau

very exciting. any news about what the price might look like?

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 05 February 2023, 19:04:02 »
very exciting. any news about what the price might look like?

I'll check with the team and see when we can confirm retail pricing :thumb:

Offline KHAANNN

Re: [IC] SLK Dessau (Group Buy May 1st – June 1st)
« Reply #210 on: Fri, 03 March 2023, 01:13:39 »
Incredible! Really looking forward to this one

I found the centered 1.75U Shift a bit off putting, I think it should've been right aligned

Mainly for separated arrow 75% keyboards
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline KHAANNN

Re: [IC] SLK Dessau (Kits Updated 2/17)
« Reply #211 on: Sat, 04 March 2023, 04:17:49 »
Hello all, here are the proposed changes. NorDe support (without tertiary legends) added into what was originally the Misc Kit. And legended ergo keys replacing the blanks in the Compact Kits, with some 1u and 1.5u keys that can already be found in the Base Kits.

Let me know your thoughts 🙏

Compact Kits

Show Image

Show Image

International & Misc Kits

Show Image

Show Image

One other thing: I'm using a Vortex Race 3 which has these unusual 1.5u ESC and DEL keys. No doubt I'd be more than happy if there were a kit covering this but I guess it's even more niche than NorDe. So to cover those keys, will the ergo kit be the one with spare 1.5u keys? Or any other way how I could cover them?

Those keys will be covered by the Compact Kits above ✌️

My feedback is:

1.25U Shift should be centered, right aligned looks extremely awkward since there isn't enough space

There should be a right aligned 1.75U Shift somewhere, you have a center aligned 1.75U Shift in the main kit, a left aligned one in the extras kit, but for separated arrow 75%'s and 65%'s, a right aligned 1.75U Shift is needed to go along with the design principle where you chose to right align right modifiers

To be honest just center align all modifiers before it's too late? That right aligned 1.25U Ctrl in the main kit also looks weird and I see you included a 1.25U centered Ctrl just for people who'll think so too

Not really a big issue though, and I respect the original design decision, from my perspective, only a 1.75U Right aligned Shift solves the problem

If the 1.75U Right aligned Shift is added to the main kit, I'll join for both colorways, if not, I guess I'll have to decide on just one and it's hard to decide :)
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #212 on: Sun, 19 March 2023, 10:12:35 »
I know I'm super late to ask something like this but would it be possible to add a media keys kit? I never use most of the key in the side cluster (Except for Pg Up/Dn & Delete)and wish that more keysets would include media key replacement options. This would be perfect for this keyset since all the keys seem to be the same size so I could put the media keys anywhere. Thanks  ^-^

Offline LASERman Projects

• Soldering is my native language.
Re: [IC] SLK Dessau (Kits Updated 2/17)
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 20 March 2023, 08:02:35 »

To be honest just center align all modifiers before it's too late?

I agree just for the fact that some people would like to put kecaps in very unusual locations.

Although I like the original idea of legends aligned to sides.

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 00:12:18 »
Kits/design have been locked in with our manufacturer so we can't make any changes but I personally like the look of the edge aligned mods over centered. Media keys would be cool for a future run for sure, but for a first run we wanted to keep kits slim and simple.

Also noting here Aiglatson Studio will be joining us as a vendor based in Thailand :)

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #215 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 18:41:49 »
are the stem recessed like GMK or flush like CRP?

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #216 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 21:20:16 »
which company will manufacture this?
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline Nuap

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 03 April 2023, 23:38:58 »
which company will manufacture this?

The original post states "Produced by FK Caps"

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #218 on: Tue, 04 April 2023, 10:31:28 »

They're recessed, the skirt extends past the lowest part of the stem 👍

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 04 April 2023, 11:08:57 »

Hi mr kema. Is fk caps a new company? Have they manufactured want keycap set before? Where are they located and who are they? Are your affiliated with them beyond offering this set from them?
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 05:18:53 »

Hi mr kema. Is fk caps a new company? Have they manufactured any keycap set before? Where are they located and who are they? Are you affiliated with them beyond offering this set from them?

Offline Nuap

« Reply #221 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 20:59:54 »

Hi mr kema. Is fk caps a new company? Have they manufactured any keycap set before? Where are they located and who are they? Are you affiliated with them beyond offering this set from them?

They've been around for at least 3 years and successfully ran MBK Choc. I believe their HQ is in France.

Not really sure what relevance any affiliation has on the GB.

Offline KiserDesigns

• Kiser Designs Store
« Reply #222 on: Fri, 07 April 2023, 12:15:17 »
This is giving typewriter vibes, and I love the font on the legends.
Being uniform profile makes it really flexible when kitting out odd layout boards, I could totally see this profile becoming a staple like DSA is for the 40% space.
Nice work!

Offline hzh0525

« Reply #223 on: Thu, 20 April 2023, 06:19:02 »
very universal for retro lovers!

Offline sirm1ster

« Reply #224 on: Thu, 20 April 2023, 17:30:36 »
Very nice keycap set. It might bring me back in the scene.

Would this base set for a 75% keyboard like the Zoom75 or gmmk pro?

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #225 on: Thu, 20 April 2023, 18:17:41 »
I hate uniprofile but I need these. They're just so weird I need them for like, a macropad or something.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline Nuap

« Reply #226 on: Thu, 20 April 2023, 19:33:33 »
Kema said on Discord that "base kits for US buyers will be $99"  :thumb:

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #227 on: Sat, 22 April 2023, 23:20:27 »
Kema said on Discord that "base kits for US buyers will be $99"  :thumb:
Awesome!!  ^-^

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #228 on: Sun, 30 April 2023, 11:50:05 »
Hey all, front post updated with all the new info including pricing, accessories and labeled flatlays. Still waiting on approval for the GB thread but content will be the same, thanks! 🙏

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
Re: [IC] SLK Dessau (Group Buy LIVE May 1st – June 1st)
« Reply #229 on: Mon, 01 May 2023, 11:24:07 »
GB is live at the following:

Cannon Keys (US)↗
Deskhero (CA)↗
zFrontier (CN)↗
zFrontier (AS)↗
Yushakobo (JP)↗
Aiglatson Studio (TH)↗

Deskhero, CandyKeys, Prototypist, SwitchKeys should be up shortly !
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 May 2023, 20:54:27 by kema »