Author Topic: [GB] CF-LX: Carbon Fiber 60% Case [DONE]  (Read 268457 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: [GB] CF-LX: Carbon Fiber 60% Case
« Reply #700 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 00:11:03 »
Any updates?  Looking awesome.

just getting final shipping and price estimates. after that I'll have to get the CF back from the first shop
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline axtran

« Reply #701 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 10:27:42 »
Anything going on with CF-LX lately?

Sent from my iPhone
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline manofinterests

• Manofinterests Youtube
« Reply #702 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 12:49:05 »
Any updates?

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
« Reply #703 on: Fri, 26 August 2016, 20:32:21 »
I'm waiting for Carbon from hwood, once I got them, it will start running right away.

Picture of triple layers acrylic mid piece:

KEYBOARD MACHINERY SERVICE SINCE 2015.
Instagram: instagram.com/triviumkeyboard
Facebook: facebook.com/triviumtek

[GB] Weaven Housing Kit      [GB] Lustro Housing Kit

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #704 on: Sat, 27 August 2016, 23:03:22 »
I wish hwood34 would give a timeline for finishing this GB.

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
« Reply #705 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 05:46:10 »
The lastest delay was because I didnt confirm my address to hwood btw. Forgot to press send after type out the email on phone.

Sorry :D

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #706 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 00:03:25 »
just one more thing to clear up and the carbon fiber will be sent out. package is massive....

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline NOLAnuffsaid

« Reply #707 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 00:27:17 »
just one more thing to clear up and the carbon fiber will be sent out. package is massive....
Can you pm me the address you babe for me, please?  I'm concerned you may have an old address.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Offline axtran

« Reply #708 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 11:13:51 »
Anyone know the size of the screws that foggyflute used? I'd like to see about getting black or gold screws :)

Offline skaloola

« Reply #709 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 22:51:55 »
could we see pics of the carbon fiber you're sending out?  thanks

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #710 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 01:16:50 »

The pics I posted earlier of the protos should give you what you need. Afraid no one will be seeing the inside of the package until it gets opened by foggyflute :p

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
« Reply #711 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 04:18:16 »
Anyone know the size of the screws that foggyflute used? I'd like to see about getting black or gold screws :)

M3 button socket hex, stainless. Black one are chemical hardened but not gonna do well in long run (still rust), thats why I go with stainless. Did use black screw on my 360 go pro rig:

It get so ugly after 3-4 month, but YMMV since I live in tropical area, and the rig did go under rain a few times.

Offline axtran

« Reply #712 on: Thu, 15 September 2016, 12:57:43 »
Thanks! I will stick to stainless then

Sent from my iPhone

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #713 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 02:06:58 »
Do you still ship screws with the rest Hwood or do we have to get some ourselves? Perhaps the last messages only concern those willing to have custom screws on their board.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline axtran

« Reply #714 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 07:40:01 »
Do you still ship screws with the rest Hwood or do we have to get some ourselves? Perhaps the last messages only concern those willing to have custom screws on their board.

I'm hoping foggyflute can solve everything for us since his mock-up design looks great! :thumb:

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #715 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 09:21:38 »
/EDIT: It's foggyflute here, forgot to lock out bazh account on this particular browser.

Already got more than enough screw and post, case will be shipped from me assembled. It's metrix hex so best to have hex key, but you can use Torx screwdriver no problem. I bet everyone got a set of torx already, right?

Did not heard from hwood since last week. I still not got his tracking number for the carbon.
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline skaloola

« Reply #716 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 16:47:23 »

The pics I posted earlier of the protos should give you what you need. Afraid no one will be seeing the inside of the package until it gets opened by foggyflute :p

/EDIT: It's foggyflute here, forgot to lock out bazh account on this particular browser.

Already got more than enough screw and post, case will be shipped from me assembled. It's metrix hex so best to have hex key, but you can use Torx screwdriver no problem. I bet everyone got a set of torx already, right?

Did not heard from hwood since last week. I still not got his tracking number for the carbon.

whats up hwood?  it'd be nice to see a pic of the carbon fiber that's going to be shipped to Froggy.  would make us all feel more comfortable knowing that the GB is making progress and showing us what our money was spent on.

don't think this is unreasonable seeing as it's been over a year

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #717 on: Mon, 19 September 2016, 17:31:46 »

The pics I posted earlier of the protos should give you what you need. Afraid no one will be seeing the inside of the package until it gets opened by foggyflute

whats up hwood?  it'd be nice to see a pic of the carbon fiber that's going to be shipped to Froggy.  would make us all feel more comfortable knowing that the GB is making progress and showing us what our money was spent on.

Yea sorry, I'll throw the tracking up on here when I get back. It's been difficult finding a way to get to the FedEx place since the click n ship isn't working. I'll just Uber over or something.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #718 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 02:06:50 »

Well I'm not sure I got one. I'll have to check at home. I don't remember ever using one to be honest. ^^

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #719 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 17:40:16 »

Well I'm not sure I got one. I'll have to check at home. I don't remember ever using one to be honest. ^^
just order yourself a set from aliexpress shouldn't cost more then a few bucks and could come in handy in the future.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 September 2016, 22:04:22 by Hellcatz »

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
« Reply #720 on: Fri, 23 September 2016, 20:48:18 »
Really? Im must be out of touch then @.@

Will throw a hex key in with each set. Cost me about $0.1 each. But use a better one if you have.
Never hurt to have a set of Wiha or Wera.

Recommended set:

Nanch S2 (high quality china, metric hex):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QZLV03O/

Wiha (germany, made in vietnam or china):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000WTBO4/ (inch hex)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000T9ZSJA/ (metric hex)

Wera (made in germany):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009ODV0PI/

... cheap tools are the rubberkeyboard of tools!

Offline skaloola

« Reply #721 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 20:33:03 »

The pics I posted earlier of the protos should give you what you need. Afraid no one will be seeing the inside of the package until it gets opened by foggyflute

Yea sorry, I'll throw the tracking up on here when I get back. It's been difficult finding a way to get to the FedEx place since the click n ship isn't working. I'll just Uber over or something.

so the hold up is something with fedex's click'n'ship?  is there anything we can do to help?

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #722 on: Thu, 29 September 2016, 17:22:09 »
Really? Im must be out of touch then @.@

Will throw a hex key in with each set. Cost me about $0.1 each. But use a better one if you have.
Never hurt to have a set of Wiha or Wera.

Recommended set:

Nanch S2 (high quality china, metric hex):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QZLV03O/

Wiha (germany, made in vietnam or china):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000WTBO4/ (inch hex)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000T9ZSJA/ (metric hex)

Wera (made in germany):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009ODV0PI/

... cheap tools are the rubberkeyboard of tools!

Oh thanks for all the links. I'll check them out. Thanks for adding a hex key on the set, really appreciated.

To be honest I've never assembled a board myself (yet) so I might not be the most representative persona. ^^

Offline skaloola

« Reply #723 on: Tue, 04 October 2016, 22:32:10 »

so the hold up is something with fedex's click'n'ship?  is there anything we can do to help?

could we get some pictures that this big box of raw materials actually exists and the hold up is just finding the time to ship it out?

or tracking number (+ insurance etc please!) showing you've sent it out

Offline manofinterests

• Manofinterests Youtube
« Reply #724 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 17:39:32 »
A concrete update would be nice. The last update I saw was that:

Any update on at least that?

Hopefully everything starts wrapping up soon

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
Re: [GB] CF-LX: Carbon Fiber 60% Case (BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD BOYS)
« Reply #725 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 18:52:44 »
We in the '1 year GB' club now boys  :(

ugh

****ing sorry about this, none of you guys deserve to suffer from ****ty coordination. last time I do something like this probably...

523 day club now lads.

Can we get a detailed update? This threads been rather polite. We deserve more than a one line update.

Please just tell us all the details of the current material shipping situation and what, if anything, you need help with to get this finished. Then we can all leave this GB purgatory.  :'(
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 October 2016, 18:54:17 by nathanrosspowell »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #726 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 20:14:41 »

some pictures I took earlier. Idk how long fedex takes for international stuff but the delay comes from finding time to actually go to the fedex facility since the online label wouldn't work and I didn't feel comfortable just leaving this box out in the open waiting to be picked up

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #727 on: Thu, 06 October 2016, 08:37:10 »
Show Image

Show Image

some pictures I took earlier. Idk how long fedex takes for international stuff but the delay comes from finding time to actually go to the fedex facility since the online label wouldn't work and I didn't feel comfortable just leaving this box out in the open waiting to be picked up

Thanks for the picture.

When are you planning to go to the fedex facility?

From the location on your profile, the fedex place is open 7:30 AM–9:00 PM weekdays and also 8:00 AM–6:00 PM on Saturdays. I don't know your work schedule but it seems like it shouldn't take over two weeks to organise a package drop off.

Offline manofinterests

• Manofinterests Youtube
« Reply #728 on: Mon, 10 October 2016, 15:40:54 »
Any update on the shipping? I agree with Nathanrosspowell. I don't think it should take over two weeks to organize a package drop off, but now it has. I'd hope that we can at least get this out of the way so that Foggyflute can get started on what work he needs to do to help us all out and conclude this GB.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #729 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 15:30:20 »

Offline eeymiel

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #731 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 13:31:09 »
Hwood im a bit concerned for your well being. Tell us truthfully how much you are into your own money for this group buy. shipping a 25 lb package being sent to vn cant be cheap (guessing in the 2-300 range).

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #732 on: Fri, 14 October 2016, 13:36:30 »
Hwood im a bit concerned for your well being. Tell us truthfully how much you are into your own money for this group buy. shipping a 25 lb package being sent to vn cant be cheap (guessing in the 2-300 range).
Not sure honestly. Package was 450.
I was the one who started the group buy and set the prices and delayed it a year, I'll take whatever hit I need to to get this out.

Offline stix

« Reply #733 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 04:41:59 »
Not sure honestly. Package was 450.
I was the one who started the group buy and set the prices and delayed it a year, I'll take whatever hit I need to to get this out.

Remember that you're not alone here and that there are people willing to help. Please PM me your PayPal, it wont be a lot but every little helps right.
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 October 2016, 07:03:02 by stix »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #734 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 08:20:07 »
Looks like the package just got delayed at customs today because "Description provided is insufficient to classify commodity." :rolleyes:

Not my fault they don't have more specific categories...

Offline axtran

« Reply #735 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 10:11:41 »
Looks like the package just got delayed at customs today because "Description provided is insufficient to classify commodity." :rolleyes:

Intervention required from you or something that the other guys (FoggyFlute) can help with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #736 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 10:12:36 »

Intervention required from you or something that the other guys (FoggyFlute) can help with?

Should just be me. I'm sure I can just call and fix everything today

Offline axtran

« Reply #737 on: Sun, 06 November 2016, 23:41:45 »
Anything new on the CF-LX front? :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #738 on: Sun, 06 November 2016, 23:45:35 »
Anything new on the CF-LX front? :)

Foggyflute got everything sorted out and the package was delivered. He can give you more updates on the production as they come

Offline Xonar

• Cathode Ray Tubes
    • DPS
« Reply #739 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 17:00:27 »
Alright... I think it's time for me to call it quits on this one now.  :( If someone wants to take over my spot (1 happy case + midpiece) shoot me a pm.
IBM Model F XT 5291 Bigfoot x2 | Unicomp UN4KPHA JP Spacesaver M | IBM Model M 3270 APL 122-Key | SHARP X68000 | SGI AT-101 | Samsung TH-5539 FAME Blue Alps | IBM Japanese Pingmaster | HHKB Type-S | IBM Model M 1392595, 6/4/1990 | IBM Model M 1391401, 2/2/1988 | Lexmark-branded 1398601 Model M, 8/18/1995 | Unicomp UB40T5A 122-Key, 5/20/2011 | Sun Type 4 | Sun Type 5c | DEC LK-401AA

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #740 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 20:58:58 »
I've asked foggy to post all updates as they come here

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #741 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 21:14:14 »

I hope everyone is aware that foggy is now very sick  :(

From the Weaven thread:

Hi everyone,

As you may well known from Bazh's last update, foggy has felt sick, so I'm here to help and take over the handling and shipping work.

About foggy, dude have been diagnosed with autoimmune disease, which is kind of serious health problem if you don't know yet. Poor guy got so bad luck that the disease kick in at the trachea, which cause him hard to breathe and have to go to the hospital like everyday. Even Bazh has not caught up with his condition for foggy has very little communicate with everyone, even friends here in Vietnam, even I didn't know about it till Bazh's recently update and asking.  So there's that, the GB was delayed for this but let's hope the guy will be okay and hopefully the doctors were wrong.

Back to the GB, I've just arrived in HCMC yesterday, after a day visiting foggy now I has had access to the office, everything is still here hopefully. I'll start packing things and quoting price for you guys immediately. There's a lot of keyboard cases here and fortunately foggy has done all the prepare work so hopefully things will go smoothly. I'll do my best to help so bare with me if it's a bit slow or something I'm not sure. It's the first time I deal with this much product at once.

Cheers,

Pearvn.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #742 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 10:07:14 »

I hope everyone is aware that foggy is now very sick  :(

From the Weaven thread:

Hi everyone,

As you may well known from Bazh's last update, foggy has felt sick, so I'm here to help and take over the handling and shipping work.

About foggy, dude have been diagnosed with autoimmune disease, which is kind of serious health problem if you don't know yet. Poor guy got so bad luck that the disease kick in at the trachea, which cause him hard to breathe and have to go to the hospital like everyday. Even Bazh has not caught up with his condition for foggy has very little communicate with everyone, even friends here in Vietnam, even I didn't know about it till Bazh's recently update and asking.  So there's that, the GB was delayed for this but let's hope the guy will be okay and hopefully the doctors were wrong.

Back to the GB, I've just arrived in HCMC yesterday, after a day visiting foggy now I has had access to the office, everything is still here hopefully. I'll start packing things and quoting price for you guys immediately. There's a lot of keyboard cases here and fortunately foggy has done all the prepare work so hopefully things will go smoothly. I'll do my best to help so bare with me if it's a bit slow or something I'm not sure. It's the first time I deal with this much product at once.

Cheers,

Pearvn.

Oh jeez. Guess that's what I get for not checking GH religiously anymore...

Offline axtran

« Reply #743 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 23:43:43 »
Yep. I consider my Weaven "lost" now. :(

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #744 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 04:34:28 »

Come on, it is not because Foggy is quite ill at the moment that Bazh, Pearvn and co. are not trying their best to deliver everyone's goods ASAP. Yes it might take longer than expected but I think everyone will have what they paid for eventually. I'm not saying that because I already received my Lustro but because I do believe in them. They are dedicated to deliver a good service and good quality products even though they have a hard time atm due to the current situation.

But I feel you, it sucks when you have to wait a long time for something you crave for.  :(

Offline axtran

« Reply #745 on: Sun, 18 December 2016, 23:58:58 »
Well, Lustro and Weaven are done, just in limbo (check out the updates in those threads). NA orders are all SOL at the moment. International billed directly to recipients worked out though. I actually have a Lustro that I traded for, and receiving it from its trip from VN to EU and then to me in the US has proved faster than the original shipment of GB boards to NA :(

Considering our raw material just made it to HCMC with pearvoz not even living in the same city, I'm also considering CF-LX at high-risk.

Offline hanoipho

« Reply #746 on: Mon, 19 December 2016, 04:09:12 »

Come on, it is not because Foggy is quite ill at the moment that Bazh, Pearvn and co. are not trying their best to deliver everyone's goods ASAP. Yes it might take longer than expected but I think everyone will have what they paid for eventually. I'm not saying that because I already received my Lustro but because I do believe in them. They are dedicated to deliver a good service and good quality products even though they have a hard time atm due to the current situation.

But I feel you, it sucks when you have to wait a long time for something you crave for.  :(

:thumb:

Offline axtran

« Reply #747 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 07:57:03 »
Probably safe to consider this dead considering how Weaven and Lustro stopped having updates. :(

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #748 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 16:03:54 »
Probably safe to consider this dead considering how Weaven and Lustro stopped having updates. :(
Why do you always have to be so negative. Chill out and see how this plays out.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #749 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 17:26:22 »
Why do you always have to be so negative. Chill out and see how this plays out.

It's good to be optimistic, but in his defense it's been playing out for 607 days. The current hope of the GB sits with someone in Asia who has come down with an illness, who has 2 other GB responsibilities that take precedence over the CF-LX, and he hasn't signed into GH for almost 2 months.  :rolleyes: