Author Topic: [IC] Cherry dyesub full sets v4  (Read 121860 times)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Re: [IC] Novelty Cherry dyesub v2 / Full sets v4
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 00:04:58 »
So for dual language sets I think
US/Arabic
US/Chinese
US/Japanese
US/Hebrew
US/Greek

But I think perhaps on some other fonts. Maybe give the Cherry style a rest for a change?

You can never have enough Cherry font.  It's the best.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 06:33:54 »
can you also do korean?
Hangul is Korean...
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 06:47:26 »
awww yiss arabic! :D

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 10:35:12 »
Maybe Macedonian layout?  :))
Show Image

Maybe Serbian ;)

Show Image

Sounds good only 2 extra keys and both parties would be happy :D

I wonder if this can actually happen. I don't know what the MOQ would be or if enough people would be interested. But, people on here do buy US/RU & US/Hangul despite an overwhelming majority not knowing either Russian or Hangul, so there is hope.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 10:49:41 »
This is true. I think as long as it looks exotic and cool anything has a chance. As far as design MOQ goes, I have historically set it at 20 of a design to make the set up effort worth it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 April 2014, 10:52:06 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline sublime

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 16:50:51 »
Glad you're considering Arabic and Chinese Ivan. I can practically guarantee you two buys if those get through

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 17:09:51 »
can you also do korean?
Hangul is Korean...
yeah i know that but i don't see hangul on that list...

Offline Kfactork

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 17:28:24 »
can you also do korean?
Hangul is Korean...
yeah i know that but i don't see hangul on that list...
Oh yeah and Hangul. Sorry I forgot about it.
He did mention later that he forgot to include it, but he does have it in the list. I am interested in a set too, so I will be vigilant. 8)

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 17:30:30 »
I'd say we stay away from Hangul, there are plenty out there already and it is getting boring. Arabic sounds and looks cool and would be a nice change.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 17:41:15 »
I'd say we stay away from Hangul, there are plenty out there already and it is getting boring. Arabic sounds and looks cool and would be a nice change.
and here i thought you are actually a korean lol. please point me to where i can get these hangul keycaps since you know plenty of them (because i actually use hangul) thanks

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 18:32:29 »
http://imsto.cn/index.php?route=product/product&path=62&product_id=62
The quickest and most simple google search lead me to this. I bet there are many more out there even from past group buys, but why search for something when you can ask someone to do it for you right?

Offline Kfactork

« Reply #211 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 18:47:57 »
The quickest and most simple google search lead me to this. I bet there are many more out there even from past group buys, but why search for something when you can ask someone to do it for you right?
Actually with a simple search I can find no other sets beside the one currently on imsto. But I want a white based set that imsto no longer carries (not in the store right now at least).
And I tried searching in Classified, most of them are already sold, or WTB instead. So I genuinely want to know where to buy them, and I think SSIPAK is just annoyed that you said they are easy to find. Let's not start trash talking in the thread please.

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 18:52:20 »
and here i thought you are actually a korean lol. please point me to where i can get these hangul keycaps since you know plenty of them (because i actually use hangul) thanks
Check classifieds, pm imsto, check classifieds.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 18:56:38 »
find more for me since you are good at it. I dont want blue keycaps

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 18:57:10 »
Actually with a simple search I can find no other sets beside the one currently on imsto. But I want a white based set that imsto no longer carries (not in the store right now at least).
And I tried searching in Classified, most of them are already sold, or WTB instead. So I genuinely want to know where to buy them, and I think SSIPAK is just annoyed that you said they are easy to find. Let's not start trash talking in the thread please.
this x10000000

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #215 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 19:19:31 »
If you are in a dire need of pbt dyesubs, yes there aren't any stock ones other than imstos at the moment (I thought he still has the white one but he does not), but if you only want for the layout you can try from wasd maybe? Other than that in the classifieds, someone might not be using his from previous buys so you might get lucky..

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #216 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 19:34:15 »
If you are in a dire need of pbt dyesubs, yes there aren't any stock ones other than imstos at the moment (I thought he still has the white one but he does not), but if you only want for the layout you can try from wasd maybe? Other than that in the classifieds, someone might not be using his from previous buys so you might get lucky..
please do your research next time before you claim other people are stupid. i already saw that blue keycaps from imstos even before you made your post with your link. I clearly knew that you can not find any new hangul keycaps at the moment and that is why i made a suggestion in this thread but you came along and question my knowledge not just once but twice. if you want to play smart, please be sure that you can back it up before you click that post button 

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #217 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 19:49:29 »
First of all Hangul was requested long before you even posted here so I would suggest reading before posting. Second, as I said in my previous post (since you are obviously in for the layout only) wasd are selling Hangul set any color you want and that will be way cheaper for you too. I didn't wanted to argue about this I simply suggested that there are other interesting (not already used) stuff that we can do, nothing more.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #218 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 20:07:14 »
First of all Hangul was requested long before you even posted here so I would suggest reading before posting. Second, as I said in my previous post (since you are obviously in for the layout only) wasd are selling Hangul set any color you want and that will be way cheaper for you too. I didn't wanted to argue about this I simply suggested that there are other interesting (not already used) stuff that we can do, nothing more.
once again, i suggested hangul because I didn't see hangul in op's list of dual language keys that he is currently interested in. I already saw that it's been requested before but op didn't include it in his latest post. also it's hilarious because you think that insulting people are same as you giving simple suggestions. oh and of course you didn;'t want to argue. no way. and who said i want abs hangul keycaps?

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 20:17:04 »
Ok I am sorry for insulting you. If you have anything more to say on the matter feel free to PM me, we done thread crapping.

Offline Vintage

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 14 April 2014, 22:05:03 »
....drama...

All I have to say is that if Hangul was offered, I bet a lot of people (including myself) would jump on it. The amount of Hangul sets that are available right now shouldn't matter IMO.
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline justnits

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 00:33:31 »
hangul as main legend and english as sublegend? why not? :D
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #222 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 00:55:43 »
i've also wanted a set with Univers 57 Condensed - the old italic Apple keyboard font, bottom-left aligned with lowercase modifier text.

any love for this idea at all? it could mean new colors (if that's possible) close to apple's Platinum (or hell even snow white schemed):
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Kfactork

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 01:34:00 »
hangul as main legend and english as sublegend? why not? :D
Ha! Spoken like a true Jeanne d'Arc. If it's possible I'm all for it ;D

Offline chongu

Re: Novelty Cherry dyesub v2 / Full sets v4
« Reply #224 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 06:10:23 »
something like this...i love this colour scheme...
sub legend can be chinese or russian or german or something...
(Attachment Link)
^ My vote goes to this!

Offline chongu

Re: Novelty Cherry dyesub v2 / Full sets v4
« Reply #225 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 06:11:02 »
Double post - sorry.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #226 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 06:15:09 »
any love for this idea at all? it could mean new colors (if that's possible) close to apple's Platinum (or hell even snow white schemed):
Show Image

Hmm isn't that too thin for dyesub?
Also, what about Futura of thinness isn't a problem?

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #227 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 06:45:42 »
Show Image

Hmm isn't that too thin for dyesub?
Also, what about Futura of thinness isn't a problem?

Show Image

I though keycaps on Apple's one are dye-sub? :/
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #228 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 06:49:23 »
yeah.. those are dyesub PBT caps on the apple board.

futura looks good too but im specifically interested in replicating the apple dyesubs of old.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 06:59:34 »

Neat, didn't know that!

futura looks good too but im specifically interested in replicating the apple dyesubs of old.

I bet you can get some support from the Mac users on GH as they always want the command key and such :thumb:

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 07:03:41 »

Neat, didn't know that!

I bet you can get some support from the Mac users on GH as they always want the command key and such :thumb:

maybe... i don't know how many mac users today care that much about the history of apple/mac os but regardless, its a nice typeface that has never been replicated AFAIK :)

and we could have a clarus key!! moof!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 07:06:25 »
It is a very cool font and one that I wouldn't mind having on a white keyboard. The font itself is Univers 57 Oblique.
The off-white with grey looks very distinguished.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 07:08:47 »
It is a very cool font and one that I wouldn't mind having on a white keyboard. The font itself is Univers 57 Oblique.
The off-white with grey looks very distinguished.

I remember downloading the font and using it to do some mockups and 57 oblique looked wrong... but the condensed one looked a bit better. I can check again if there is interest in a set like this and i dont mind doing whatever graphical work is required for a set.

the question is do we want 'command' and 'option / alt' or do we want it windows-style.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #233 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 07:20:08 »
I'm in for an Apple replicate set, well, if we have enough interest, a full white or full grey set would be great
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 07:42:57 »
I'm not a huge fan of italics, but if enough people want something like an Apple nostalgia set it's a possibility. Also hopefully sideprinting dyesub will be an option by the time we are ready so could put alt, and any other necessary legends to make the sets multi os friendly and still clean looking.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 April 2014, 07:46:20 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 07:49:35 »
I'm not a huge fan of italics, but if enough people want something like an Apple nostalgia set it's a possibility. Also hopefully sideprinting dyesub will be an option by the time we are ready so could put alt, and any other necessary legends to make the sets multi os friendly and still clean looking.

is it too much to do extra keys? like, do they have a set 104-key set as a product, or could we create a set of keys with an arbitrary number? personally, i would rather have a faithful reproduction with additional keys for windows.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #236 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 07:57:50 »
Not really. The way they have molds set up in multi key arrangements makes it hard. I guess it would be better to just leave it Mac specific then. There will be plenty of other choices for Windows oriented sets anyway.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 08:00:55 »
Not really. The way they have molds set up in multi key arrangements makes it hard. I guess it would be better to just leave it Mac specific then. There will be plenty of other choices for Windows oriented sets anyway.

hmm okay, i figured it had to be something like that given how hard it is to get mods in sizes i usually need.

i guess the mac-specific set would be hard to market to windows users who might not like the mac-relation but enjoy the font... really, the only thing that would be different is the alt key would have Option on it and the command key would use a different symbol, but those can be placed in the right order for windows/linux users. also the backspace key would say delete and the enter key would have to have return, but when i think about it, none of these legends present a fundamentally different set of functions anyways... so my vote is for faithful replication, probably of the AEK or AEKII because it's the closest to a 104-key windows board.

Offline mrklaw

« Reply #238 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 16:40:46 »
Show Image

I'd love to get a 1.25 Clarus the dogcow key.
Ducky Zero with DSA Dolch and SA Vim key

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 15 April 2014, 16:50:33 »
Show Image

I'd love to get a 1.25 Clarus the dogcow key.

i like your style

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #240 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 21:14:02 »
Inverse two-tone white/beige.

Cherry G80-0499HAU aka Commodore PC5
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Aside from the interesting look, there's the added "bonus" of getting the wrong/opposite color fulltouch caps lock. So for those who bought into the R2 sets and who would buy these too, you'd would think you'd have two bad sets, but in reality you'd have two good sets.

That, or just the actual correct color caps lock alone.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #241 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 22:28:23 »
Inverse two-tone white/beige.

Cherry G80-0499HAU aka Commodore PC5
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Aside from the interesting look, there's the added "bonus" of getting the wrong/opposite color fulltouch caps lock. So for those who bought into the R2 sets and who would buy these too, you'd would think you'd have two bad sets, but in reality you'd have two good sets.

That, or just the actual correct color caps lock alone.

Ha Ha.  Good point.  Hopefully they would be an exact color match.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline mrklaw

« Reply #242 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:12:03 »
Any Ingress players around? I'd love some keys with Ingress logos.

You can find high quality svg, png, psd, etc at this location http://cr0ybot.github.io/ingress-logos/
Ducky Zero with DSA Dolch and SA Vim key

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #243 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 17:58:38 »
I would really like to run a Commodore style set at some point, but it's more likely to be attempted with GMK. When I try that I think I may give the alphas and mods+nav break up a shot again and run it with 2 options. Have the black on darker beige alpha set, a black on white mods+nav, and a black on beige mods+nav.
That way people that have black on white set could get a black on white mods+nav for mono or a beige set with modern keys, or can go with the Commodore style, or go with an all black/beige mono set.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 April 2014, 18:00:13 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #244 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 07:49:53 »
I would really like to run a Commodore style set at some point, but it's more likely to be attempted with GMK. When I try that I think I may give the alphas and mods+nav break up a shot again and run it with 2 options. Have the black on darker beige alpha set, a black on white mods+nav, and a black on beige mods+nav.
That way people that have black on white set could get a black on white mods+nav for mono or a beige set with modern keys, or can go with the Commodore style, or go with an all black/beige mono set.

Yeah. Good idea :thumb: I think more people 'll interest & i am in that :P

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #245 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 17:59:44 »

Would much rather have Commodore style in thick PBT, but GMK would be nice also.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #246 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 22:34:40 »
I love PBT, but the fact that we can never have a full support keyset like we did with GMK ABS always bring me down :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #247 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 12:02:59 »
Next round of sets might have 1.5 mods and 7x spacebar if they are ready as I have been informed molds for those are in the works. Of course the cost on these sets will be up to $15 higher than before. Still working on trying to convince produce molds for ISO enter and 1.75 shift and then it would at least have all the essentials.

Offline justnits

« Reply #248 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 12:10:24 »
Next round of sets might have 1.5 mods and 7x spacebar if they are ready as I have been informed molds for those are in the works. Of course the cost on these sets will be up to $15 higher than before. Still working on trying to convince produce molds for ISO enter and 1.75 shift and then it would at least have all the essentials.

lovely!
what colour sets u have in mind so far?
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #249 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 13:39:57 »
Probably either all white or white/beige classic. Other custom order colors is too high MOQ with KBC, though it might be doable with PLUM. But I think certain color might not be doable as I think still at least 300 sets.