Author Topic: [IC] Geometric Deskmats  (Read 7466 times)

Offline WorryRock

• Worry_Rock#8203
[IC] Geometric Deskmats
« on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 12:08:51 »
Welcome to my IC!

These are some designs Im been working on and with the colors that came out based on some feedback.

Design: Cube

Black

Alternatives: Navyish, Gray, Green, Red, Violet.

Design: Forest

Black

Alternatives: Navyish, Gray, Green, Red, Violet.

Design: Cyclone

Black

Alternatives: Cream tone, gray, violet and different tones of red and blue blue and light blue.

Specs:

90 x 40cm ; 4mm Thickness.
Stitched Edges
Cloth Top ; Rubber bottom

Aditional Info:

Edge colors will change

Full images

Form

Updates:

03/03/21: Discarded some options to reduce number of variations.
13/02/21: I already talked with some vendors, but until march I can't get samples. So until that time we can't place a date for GB.

« Last Edit: Wed, 03 March 2021, 14:04:48 by WorryRock »

Offline ddnomad

Re: [IC] Geometric Deskmats
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 12:32:34 »
Oh wow, dark deskmats with subtle pattern. Like somebody finally decided to make deskmats practical!

I’m all in for each of the blackish ones.

I’m a bit concerned about the first pattern you’ve shown though. Reminds me of something Zambumon or other guys already did so it may be treated as plagiarism (nfi whether it counts like one).

Anyways, I’m excited!

Offline mrhedgehog0

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 14:11:58 »
I would like to get this. These look amazing. IMO, stick with the black, it looks the best.

Offline njrobb

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 14:30:22 »
I'm really diggin' the Cyclone design a lot. The black is really nice, I'd definitely snag a few. :thumb:

Offline Anthixious

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 15:31:47 »
Damn that took a while for an IC, nice job man, success!  :thumb:

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 15:37:01 »
My name is treeleaf. Putting a proposed price is a good idea. It will filter out people who are not willing to buy the deskmat yet show interest in it.
Like me. I don't want to buy a deskmat.
 :rolleyes:
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline WorryRock

• Worry_Rock#8203
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 22:01:34 »
Oh wow, dark deskmats with subtle pattern. Like somebody finally decided to make deskmats practical!

I’m all in for each of the blackish ones.

I’m a bit concerned about the first pattern you’ve shown though. Reminds me of something Zambumon or other guys already did so it may be treated as plagiarism (nfi whether it counts like one).

Anyways, I’m excited!

Thank you, I appreciate the comment!
I saw a similar desk mat with that design on Instagram a few weeks ago. But I couldn't really find where or when it was from.

I would like to get this. These look amazing. IMO, stick with the black, it looks the best.

I'm really diggin' the Cyclone design a lot. The black is really nice, I'd definitely snag a few. :thumb:

Damn that took a while for an IC, nice job man, success!  :thumb:

Thanks guys!

My name is treeleaf. Putting a proposed price is a good idea. It will filter out people who are not willing to buy the deskmat yet show interest in it.
Like me. I don't want to buy a deskmat.
 :rolleyes:

Still don't know, but I'll try to make it a low price.

Offline S61

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 22:47:56 »
love  Cube and  Cyclone   ;D

Offline philipb

• Enigo designs
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 23:58:08 »
Love these! Wouldn't definitely like to see a white and black set

Offline Suli

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 00:07:39 »
Definitely going to pick up 1 or 2 if standardly priced and Asia/Oceania vendors will be available.

Offline whezil

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 00:35:31 »
The tree and cyclone designs are my favorite. I'm not sure which ones to pick though, all the color options look so good! Hmm...

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 00:50:03 »
I really like these, especially the dark ones. I do, however, think the cube is very close to the zambumon hex deskmat.
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline LordOwen

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 19:32:38 »
I am fully in on some of the Cyclone mats. The other patterns kind of mess with my eyes (something to do with the repetition, maybe), but Cyclone is pretty comforting, actually.

Offline firewrath9

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 19:58:52 »
i literally have a mat with one of the same patterns on my desk right now lmfao
https://imgur.com/a/7Ur0sQp

Offline CosminOance

• 'tis the season to be yourself
    • PixelDrama.club by Cosmin Oance
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 20:37:11 »
They did seem familiar to me also.
You can find the other 2 patterns in design tutorials online, although I believe OP did give them a spin and that could involve a lot of work for someone starting out. I mean, there are only so many nice patterns and people are bound to have used them in the past. Like with authors being inspired unconsciously by other authors whose works they've read. 
I don't mind someone taking them and making them into desk mats or what not, as long as it isn't presented as original work.

As for the tutorials:
No 8 from here https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/geometric-patterns-design
The geometric swirls tip no. 1 from here https://blog.bannersnack.com/geometric-patterns/

Anyway, my 2c, as it were. GL to OP.

Offline Moac

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 12:32:19 »
Awesome design...hope they make it so I can buy one.

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 13:58:19 »
You can find the other 2 patterns in design tutorials online, although I believe OP did give them a spin and that could involve a lot of work for someone starting out. I mean, there are only so many nice patterns and people are bound to have used them in the past. Like with authors being inspired unconsciously by other authors whose works they've read. 
I don't mind someone taking them and making them into desk mats or what not, as long as it isn't presented as original work.

As for the tutorials:
The geometric swirls tip no. 1 from here https://blog.bannersnack.com/geometric-patterns/

I’d say I like these “tutorial” designs far more than all the “advanced” ones that were offered as part of group buys and such previously :)

Anyways, any ETA on the group buy OP?

Offline CosminOance

• 'tis the season to be yourself
    • PixelDrama.club by Cosmin Oance
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 14:37:33 »
I agree. That's why I made sure to say that I believe work was involved and as far as geometric shapes, you can't reinvent the wheel, sort of speak.

The only issue would be the one case where the design is already mass produced by china at cutthroat prices then sold by everyone and their grandma on craft sites like etsy and what not. 

Offline WorryRock

• Worry_Rock#8203
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 16:29:45 »
i literally have a mat with one of the same patterns on my desk right now lmfao
https://imgur.com/a/7Ur0sQp

Can you give me more info? Date, creator... thanks

As for the tutorials:

I dont copied anyone, when I make those patterns i didn't saw that a deskmat with that design already existed.
I made a lot of geometric patterns with different color options and those were the ones I like the most. I don't think I "created" or own these designs, nor do I think they are very complex.
It would have no sense if someone in the future sell this designs (without knowing that someone did it before) and I would bother, because... you can see those patterns in internet. I'll get mad instead if someone start an IC/GB with the three of these designs at the same time, it would be a suspicious and obvious.
And the tutorials... I didn't use tutorials, if you know how to use illustrator (or other) and you have a bit of creativity you can find the way to make it. I don't think use a tutorial is something bad. There is a tutorial for everything, you only have to know how to google. I don't think you meant to offend, discredit or something, I'm just saying it to make it written.

As for the tutorials:

I’d say I like these “tutorial” designs far more than all the “advanced” ones that were offered as part of group buys and such previously :)

Anyways, any ETA on the group buy OP?

In the next few days I will be contacting vendors. I want to have some samples to make sure there are no errors.

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 14:09:34 »
Any updates on how comms with vendors are going?

Offline WorryRock

• Worry_Rock#8203
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 03 March 2021, 14:08:33 »

Yes! I've already spoken to most of the regions. I was waiting for March to come around to start setting things up with the vendors. Maybe soon I will announce the vendors or a little later when there is already a GB date

Offline yotasan

• ARCANE - PHOTOGRAPHY ARCHIVE
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 09:37:35 »
cyclone mats look super good, i hope they get made!

Offline ddnomad

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 05 March 2021, 15:06:28 »

Yes! I've already spoken to most of the regions. I was waiting for March to come around to start setting things up with the vendors. Maybe soon I will announce the vendors or a little later when there is already a GB date
That’s great to hear! Keep us posted

Offline wawa

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 06 March 2021, 14:54:00 »
I'm 100 percent in for the black cube mat