Author Topic: I lost one but gained a few  (Read 4649 times)

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
I lost one but gained a few
« on: Tue, 18 September 2007, 22:20:59 »
My Cherry 4100's plug broke when I was plugging it in at work last week. Bummer, huh? I don't think I even want to fix it. I have a keyboard that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, and if it is, I will upload some pics.

So for now, I stuck with carp Apple membranes like everyone else at that place. The problem is that the Cherry was the only keyboard I have that is quiet enough to use at work. I couldn't imagine me typing an email in the middel of the newsroom with a model M or some Alps switches - they would kill me. At times, many times, that place is silent as a tomb.

The one that is supposed to be delivered tomarrow has Alps switches, so it's gonna be loud, and I bought one of the last remaining Mac Mini keyboards from Karl at DSI. I got one of them with black switches like my Cherry, but they are the full sized MX switches. I am excited about that one. I'll post a review of both when I get them.

Later.

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 September 2007, 23:19:33 »
That doesn't sound like a big job to fix it. Quiet newsroom? That's not how it is in the movies!

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 18 September 2007, 23:55:53 »
And also, "Stop the presses" is really uncommon in the movies. In real life, it happens too much and it's never good.

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 19 September 2007, 00:19:28 »
Why not one of those new Apple Aluminium keyboards?

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 September 2007, 01:09:25 »
Scissors switches.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 20 September 2007, 12:24:52 »
I have heard that the new Apple keyboards aren't quite as mushy as the MacBook, so I may have to head over to the Apple Store and click on one.

I don't think there is a chance in Heck that I'll buy one though.