Author Topic: Star Wars fanboy keywok Giveaway!  (Read 44928 times)

Offline bcredbottle

Re: Star Wars fanboy keywok Giveaway!
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 06:48:15 »
purple anodized C3PO

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 07:29:21 »
purple anodized C3PO

Show Image

I envy your MSPaint skills bro.

Give this man a keycap!  :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 08:55:32 »
More
Nice booper first off as with most I was a star wars lover growing up I think the first thing I remember off it was my 6th I want to say 6th christmas in which my parents got me both a power of the force x-wing and tie fighter along with pilot luke and stormtrooper and a copy of star wars a new hope on VHS, the gold box one if I remember loved that tape.

Anyway just got a Nerf first order stormtrooper blaster a few days ago will grab a photo and its pretty awesome I would recommend it to anyone for some foam dart shooting fun, looks the part too!

Anyway as for my most recent star wars add it would be:
Show Image

And we all know why stormtroopers can't hit anything too:
Show Image

Otherwise waiting on a SHfiguarts First Order Stormtrooper after christmas to come, and the movie too :) but I won't see it until a few days after it comes out so no spoilers geekhack

Ohh also anyone else opening the Lego star wars advent calendar this year, just got a star destroyer today  :p

PS: I hope nubbs win's because he had a idea for a ewok keycap like 5 months ago in the clack thread so hopefully he gets one :p

I totally forgot about my high AF Ewok comment fur the 420 se. Edit: My phone always does fur instead of for.  It's annoying.  I think it fits in this case though.

I still love that nendoroid, it's so cute.

And the First Order Stormtroopers are just awesome looking.  That SHfiguarts one looks damn cool.  I got one of the Black Series ones from Comic-Con, but haven't been able to bring myself to actually open it.

« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 08:57:07 by nubbinator »

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 09:08:24 »
More
Nice booper first off as with most I was a star wars lover growing up I think the first thing I remember off it was my 6th I want to say 6th christmas in which my parents got me both a power of the force x-wing and tie fighter along with pilot luke and stormtrooper and a copy of star wars a new hope on VHS, the gold box one if I remember loved that tape.

Anyway just got a Nerf first order stormtrooper blaster a few days ago will grab a photo and its pretty awesome I would recommend it to anyone for some foam dart shooting fun, looks the part too!

Show Image

Show Image

Otherwise waiting on a SHfiguarts First Order Stormtrooper after christmas to come, and the movie too :) but I won't see it until a few days after it comes out so no spoilers geekhack

Ohh also anyone else opening the Lego star wars advent calendar this year, just got a star destroyer today  :p

PS: I hope nubbs win's because he had a idea for a ewok keycap like 5 months ago in the clack thread so hopefully he gets one :p

I totally forgot about my high AF Ewok comment fur the 420 se. Edit: My phone always does fur instead of for.  It's annoying.  I think it fits in this case though.

I still love that nendoroid, it's so cute.

And the First Order Stormtroopers are just awesome looking.  That SHfiguarts one looks damn cool.  I got one of the Black Series ones from Comic-Con, but haven't been able to bring myself to actually open it.

Show Image

Open it! Play with it!

I found this guy the other day. Super happy!

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 09:31:34 »
Always loved the armor in Star Wars (clone's, Stormtrooper's, Mandalorians, etc.)  Hoping when Star Wars Battlefront is finished it will include clone troopers.

Looking forward to the movie.  Unfortunately will not be able to see the movie when it comes out as my ROTC battalion is having a branching ceremony. Sir, seriously?  Star Wars > Branching ceremony but whatever.

Caps look awesome Booper, thanks for the giveaway.

Offline t347

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 10:28:12 »
Thanks for the giveaway Booper!

I was a kid when Episode III was coming out, and in the lead up to its release I could not get enough Star Wars.  I insisted that my room be repainted and become space themed.  I pre-ordered Lego Star Wars and played it non-stop for weeks until I beat the whole thing.  It was one of the first games I ever beat!

My Star Wars love was so prolific that a few years later my aunt wanted to buy me a Star Wars themed present.  Only she messed it up, she bought me Star Trek monopoly instead of Star Wars.  She died a month after that and to this day I refuse to get rid of the game-- even though it was the wrong one.

Realforce 87u 55g

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 10:47:28 »
My best memory is my dad taking me to go see all three original star wars movies in theaters. It was one of my best memories as I was so amazed by the effects and the story it pushed me along the path I am today, a huge computer building IT nerd. (And I love it!)  :thumb:

Offline just66in

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 11:09:13 »
Lovely looking keycaps and it's great to see other extreme collections posted here.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 11:26:34 »
I know I already entered the giveaway (THANKS BOOPER!!!), but I can't resist posting more.

My son's room, right before he was born. His name is Cannon.

Yes, those are Star Wars nutcrackers on the shelf. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 11:34:50 »
Now show his keyboard off jdcapre ;)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 11:38:34 »
wow, these are awesome.  great job as always booper...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 11:45:29 »
Now show his keyboard off jdcapre ;)

I think you have the only known picture...

Photo credit: CPTBadAss
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 11:54:40 by jdcarpe »
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:21:01 »
Finally got time to take pics at work.  I wanted to post these with my original post, but oh well.  My work crew:

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:32:29 »
I know I already entered the giveaway (THANKS BOOPER!!!), but I can't resist posting more.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Holy crap!!!  #jdcarpewins

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:34:04 »
if i post my tattoo of a ewok do i win, as proof its actually me its directly above a tattoo of jdcarpe hehe
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:46:46 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:50:54 »
Good work! :)

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:54:37 »
I feel pretty sad to say this, but I only just watched 4, 5 and 6, 3 years ago during a movie marathon with some friends. It was pretty fun to watch but then everyone told me not to watch parts of the 1, 2,3 movies.. Anyone have a say on this? I don't mind watching some movies again, I just don't know why people have said that they are boring or something.
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:57:09 »
I feel pretty sad to say this, but I only just watched 4, 5 and 6, 3 years ago during a movie marathon with some friends. It was pretty fun to watch but then everyone told me not to watch parts of the 1, 2,3 movies.. Anyone have a say on this? I don't mind watching some movies again, I just don't know why people have said that they are boring or something.

Machete order is the way to do it. 4, 5, 2, 3, 6. Skip 1.

If you've watched 4, 5, 6, you might enjoy 2, 3. They don't have nearly the same charm as the originals, but they're fun movies if you go into them without the expectations that fans of the originals had.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 12:57:47 »

Watch and form your own opinion.
The general consensus is that they're not the Star Wars everyone grew and love in the '70s and '80s. Rightfully so. I watched them and enjoyed them when they came out in theaters, but after getting older and watching the older ones time and time again, I agree with everyone that the prequels just don't capture the magic. At all.

Still, I got the Blu-ray Saga set when it released and enjoy Episodes I-III as much as I can.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 13:03:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh man. That lucky duck! I want my room to look like that now! haha.

Finally got time to take pics at work.  I wanted to post these with my original post, but oh well.  My work crew:

Show Image

Nubs! Dat Wampa! I love your collection and your post!!! OMG. So many nerdy Star Wars feels. This thread is the best idea I've had all month!

if i post my tattoo of a ewok do i win, as proof its actually me its directly above a tattoo of jdcarpe hehe

I would have to see that to believe!! Bunny having ewok and spock tattoos would be too good to be true! Unless it's actually a tattoo of JD, that would be equally impressive though. hahaha

---

There are too many good posts! I think I'm going to be busy all weekend making more ewoks! I don't know how I'll pick just one entry  ;D

omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 13:10:33 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 13:21:33 »

Show Image

Nubs! Dat Wampa! I love your collection and your post!!! OMG. So many nerdy Star Wars feels. This thread is the best idea I've had all month!

It was an awesome idea. 

To make things even nerdier, I have to admit that Thrawn actually inspired some of my research and thought process in grad school.  The idea of studying a culture's art to understand the culture was fascinating to me.  I ended up doing an examination of art, artistic institutions, and politics in France for my Master's thesis and was planning on looking at the role of art in community identity, art as a tool for identity formation and idea transmission within the Polish solidarity movement, and looking to see if symbolic imagery in polling locations can impact voter behavior.  I was always fascinated by art, but I don't think I really would have started to look at it that way without those Star Wars books.

Also, Poland has, by far, the best Star Wars posters:

I would have to see that to believe!! Bunny having ewok and spock tattoos would be too good to be true! Unless it's actually a tattoo of JD, that would be equally impressive though. hahaha

---

There are too many good posts! I think I'm going to be busy all weekend making more ewoks! I don't know how I'll pick just one entry  ;D

« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 13:24:11 by nubbinator »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 13:59:21 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh man. That lucky duck! I want my room to look like that now! haha.

Show Image

---

sent a pic as a pm to you just in case i dont get a chance to take a thread worthy one with lots and toys and stuff before deadline

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 14:04:41 »

Show Image

It was an awesome idea. 

To make things even nerdier, I have to admit that Thrawn actually inspired some of my research and thought process in grad school.  The idea of studying a culture's art to understand the culture was fascinating to me.  I ended up doing an examination of art, artistic institutions, and politics in France for my Master's thesis and was planning on looking at the role of art in community identity, art as a tool for identity formation and idea transmission within the Polish solidarity movement, and looking to see if symbolic imagery in polling locations can impact voter behavior.  I was always fascinated by art, but I don't think I really would have started to look at it that way without those Star Wars books.

Also, Poland has, by far, the best Star Wars posters:

Show Image

---

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Whaaaat!? You have a masters? I'm learning so much about you! That's really awesome. It's really cool that you can track a lot of your creativity back to Star Wars. I found a lot of inspiration from it too when I was younger! It opened me up to the possibilities of all kinds of life outside our planet and really expanded my little kid brain. Not quite to the same extent as you though!

Now I want to participate!

--

Here is some of my Star Wars stuff! I used to have a Han life-size cut out too, but he didn't make it through my last move :(

This guy is the ****. He still talks to me -

2008 Booper doing a costume trial run with my freshly made lekku

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 14:08:25 »
That's an incredible cap, but I'm not even on the same plane as you guys :P

Good luck to everyone!
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 14:09:12 »

sent a pic as a pm to you just in case i dont get a chance to take a thread worthy one with lots and toys and stuff before deadline

:eek: :eek: :eek:

omg. You weren't kidding!!!!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 14:17:45 »
tattoo of jdcarpe

:eek: :eek: :eek:

omg. You weren't kidding!!!!

Nope, he's not even kidding. :P

in memoriam

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 15:18:27 »
I like Twi'leks. I have been wishing for a prominent male twi'lek character in The Force Awakens that I would costume as but I have not seen any twi'lek at all in any picture from the movie.
I have build a basic support structure out of styrene that I have heated and bent so it fits my head. The male twi'lelk skull (or at least the one of Bib Fortuna) is a bit simpler than the females' in that the skull is largely cone-shaped with conical lekku straight on the sides of it, so I think it should be relatively simple to make. The difficult parts would be the seam between the fake skull an my real skin.

Otherwise, to show off ... I usually post this image. I'm the guy in orange. It is no montage: it was shot at Finse, Norway where the outdoor scenes for Hoth in the Empire Strikes Back were shot.

I would never get a tattoo, but I know several people with quite large or many Star Wars tattoos. One guy got several actors to autograph his skin - which he got made permanent by a tattooist.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 December 2015, 15:28:45 by Findecanor »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 15:53:42 »
Went to McDonald's for lunch today, per his request.

in memoriam

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 16:59:14 »
so many cool pics!

Good luck to all.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:08:05 »

Show Image

Show Image

I need that ahri :((

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:29:04 »

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 17:33:08 »
my entry is just a memory involving the nintendo 64 games

My bro is about 10+ years older than me and so there wasn't a whole lot growing up that we could share an interest in. I remember when we first got the n64 (my first time ever really playing video games) and I ended up loving it. Turns out my bro was a big fan too. So it was cool having something in common with him. Anyways, I just remember watching him play Star Wars and just thinking he was really cool (and when he was done playing I would try the levels too and always mess up). It was super cool when we got the pod racer game cause I was a bit older and I could actually have a chance at beating him. Honestly, if it weren't for the video games I probably wouldn't even care about Star Wars at all (saw the movies pretty young and didn't really feel impacted by them) but it was the games and being able to actually do some of that stuff and explore etc that really kept me interested.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread

Offline onemegamanfan

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 23:09:12 »
Here is one example of my SW fandom.  My keyboard sleeve:

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 23:44:56 »
So I was going to write a Doctor Who and Star Wars crossover fanfiction in the middle of the clone wars, but work has been super hectic and i know have to pick up a 12 hour shift tomorrow at work so I won't be able to dedicate the necessary time to write a good fic. I might post it later to this thread, but it won't be posted until well after Monday. Instead I'm just gonna wish everyone a great time watching the Force Awakens and ask how people are prepping for the movie!! Thank you for this giveaway Booper!

I'll be marathoning the movies and the clone wars/Rebels cartoons starting tuesday. I'm going in a modified machete order of IV, Rebels Cartoon, V, I, II, Clone wars Cartoon, III, VI. Tuesday, Dec 15th one of my favorite restaurants is having a Star Wars Trivia and Costume contest with special Star Wars cocktails that I'm super pumped to drink!!!
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 02:08:45 »
Star Wars butt dance.

Butt dance, butt dance...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 17:17:07 »
i have an imperial cog tattoo, you scrubs can't compete

JUST SEND THAT BAD BOY TO ME ALREADY.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 December 2015, 17:32:08 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 17:33:17 »

Show Image

EZ WIN

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:07:32 »

Show Image

are you trying on new shoes or do you leave the tags on  :p

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:10:13 »

Show Image

not exactly new.. but i was trying them on to see how they fit so i can get another color of the same model.. i think i've had these a few months now  i just forget to use them OnO

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 20:17:56 »

Show Image

not exactly new.. but i was trying them on to see how they fit so i can get another color of the same model.. i think i've had these a few months now  i just forget to use them OnO

WOW
now we have one thing we like in common

CPT been bombarding me with ASICS stuff
ASICS or NB hmmmmmm
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 21:10:55 »

Show Image

WOW
now we have one thing we like in common

CPT been bombarding me with ASICS stuff
ASICS or NB hmmmmmm

you too? GOD DAMN THAT CPT!

jk i love him. but my wallet.. it doesn't approve of our love.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 12 December 2015, 22:33:33 »
Wow, so much goodness in this thread. I had tears just reading about jokrik and Nub’s post. And so near the Force Awakens! Growing up I have none of these awesome toys, coming from a family that doesn’t have a lot of income. I normally play with my friends Star Wars toys. When I finally own a PC, I finally get to immerse in Star Wars universe - played the heck out of X Wing vs Tie Fighters, Bioware’s Star Wars RPG, that FPS game  which I’ve forgotten the name of. Most of the star wars stuff I own are software. But it was truly great to read some of your stories. Keep it coming!!

Offline Belfong

Star Wars fanboy keywok Giveaway!
« Reply #94 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 04:43:53 »
Have you all seen this?
You probably have. It's old. But worth revisiting.

Offline fehrm

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:09:07 »
I'm not trying to enter the competition, it wouldn't be fair. I had to register though to say that those look absolutely amazing. Soo well done!

Offline Pdub

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:10:09 »
I made this gif!

MRW Star Wars is less than a week away!

« Last Edit: Sun, 13 December 2015, 12:12:43 by Pdub »

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 16:58:21 »
I have a memory of watching a new hope for the first time. Before watching it what I knew of star wars was the prequels. I found them not at all interesting and that was my view of star wars. The idea behind them seemed interesting but I don't think they are anything like the original trilogy. This is obviously not a new opinion, but they gave me no interest or enthusiasm for the universe.
This was changed forever when I watched a new hope. This was a time when I bought a lot of VHS's in random assortments of 4 for £1. This was one of my favourite things to do as I had ready access to a lot of movies for cheap and although they were on VHS they were ok to me. So one time 1 of those 4 was a new hope. After watching it I was dumbfounded as it was excellent and completely contrary to the star wars I knew. Finally I felt like I understood star wars and how good it was. It was a true revelation. It was one of my favourite watching experiences ever. Although I have never seen it in the cinema I cherish the memory of seeing it for that first time.

Now I have a nice collection of fan edits remasters and a whole assortment of different editions and I absolutely love star wars.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 17:10:07 »
I always loved the series when I was younger but grew out of it, still excited for the 22nd (which is when I see it).

The detail in that cap is INSANE. Great work.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 17:13:01 »
I always loved the series when I was younger but grew out of it, still excited for the 22nd (which is when I see it).

The detail in that cap is INSANE. Great work.

One does not simply grow out of Star Wars.