Author Topic: [IC] Detroit, MI Meetup?  (Read 30248 times)

Offline Little4Real

[IC] Detroit, MI Meetup?
« on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 16:35:58 »
I'm not sure if it would happen, but there's been meetups close to here (Cleveland/Columbus/Chicago) With there being so many people in the metro area and meetups taking place so close by, it doesn't seem too far-fetched to have other keyboard enthusiasts in the area who'd want to get together.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
Re: [IC] Detroit, MI Meetup?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 18:04:16 »
Possibly if it's closer to spring or summer, Michigan drivers are morons when there's inclement weather.

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 19:26:53 »
Possibly if it's closer to spring or summer, Michigan drivers are morons when there's inclement weather.

I used to think so until I spent time in DC

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 19:35:47 »

I was thinking summer or fall, but it's better than driving in the south during the winter.

Offline autobot

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 20:46:47 »
Summer would be awesome!  :thumb:

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 21:24:57 »
Possibly if it's closer to spring or summer, Michigan drivers are morons when there's  weather.

FTFY. Also, Made the move to FL this year...these idiots can't drive through anything either. Feels like I never left home haha. Good luck with the meet! Sad I won't be in the mitten to help.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 14:43:29 »
As it happens, I am local to Detroit. Even moreso than you are in Toledo.

If I recall correctly, there were very few of the 'old timers' of the site from this region, so I doubt there'd be anyone I've been particularly well acquainted with. Also depending on what level of "show and tell" is expected, the border might be a strange place to bring a car full of keyboards.
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 13:32:54 »
Yeah, I don't really know anyone in the area who's interested in keyboards either. I figured it would be worth a shot to try.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 16:04:58 »
I'm in West Michigan, might be able to make Detroit work!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 16:25:02 »
Necroposting, but Ann Arbor sounds like a much better location for a mech meetup

Offline Mavrick0889

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 19:39:25 »
I’m in Canton, new to the keyboard club but want to learn more.

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 20:45:41 »
Grand Rapids area but could probably make it to Detroit area for something :)

Offline badmark

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 22 January 2022, 14:30:29 »
Are there folks out there interested in setting up a Detroit area Keyboard Meetup? They seem to be starting back up. Would love to attend or even help organize. I can also be reached on https://reddit.com/r/BudgetKeebs

Cheers!

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 22 January 2022, 15:01:23 »
Still interested

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 02 February 2022, 00:07:01 »
Haven't really been active in the community lately, but I'm still interested in a Detroit or Ann Arbor meetup (Ann Arbor ESPECIALLY)

Offline SmokrJokr

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 23 February 2022, 17:24:38 »
Id be down for an Ann Arbor meetup, Metro Detroit, dont matter.

Offline delldeaton

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 30 May 2022, 16:17:00 »
Kindly add me to the "list" of those interested in information on prospects for keyboard meetup in southeast Michigan area.

Thanks.

Offline CavemanLeFancy33

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 00:13:13 »
East Lansing here. Super interested in a meetup.

Offline Heavyrock1212

• New to the hobby, and am obsessed currently
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 00:11:54 »
Hell yea I'd love to go to a keyboard meetup, only have made one board so far but would love to show it off and see what everyone else has!
its better to cum in the sink then to sink in the cum

Offline rice97

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 11 July 2022, 23:35:33 »
My gf and I were super bummed we were gonna miss the CannonKeys meetup because it was so far away so this would be AWESOME!!!

Offline Emqubed

• Portfolio site
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 31 July 2022, 09:58:42 »
If someone is willing to connect in the metro Detroit area to partner with me, I have the means and some folks who could help to set this up! I work and live in Detroit so I'm partial but I will say it'd likely be easier and cheaper to organize a small meetup in the area.

I have only been in the community for about a year and a half but I know how rare meetups are so I would love to help set this up for MI folks. If this hasn't already happened of course!
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 July 2022, 10:13:40 by Emqubed »

Offline BurroWingOwl

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 08:14:37 »
Also live and work in Detroit, MI, would very much love to help arrange a local meetup!

Offline mangopud

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 01 September 2022, 10:56:17 »
If you're interested in attending and maybe organizing, please fill out this Google Form: https://forms.gle/9bTPFtdsY2J3raKc7!

Once there are 10 interested people and 2 people willing to organize, I'll send out an email.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 September 2022, 11:01:14 by mangopud »

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 18:35:46 »
On second though, Ann Arbor would make for a better meetup destination. It's much easier to navigate and more central to visitors than Detroit would be; especially for those who are coming from SW MI, northern MI and UP, the Toledo area (yes I said Toledo), as well as people who may be making their way from NE Indiana.

Offline marcusant

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 18:45:01 »
Looking forward to the meetup!

Offline badmark

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 04 October 2022, 08:33:32 »
We have a Detroit/Mid-West meetup setup for the Oct. 29th, come one, come all, but make sure to RSVP.

https://www.motorcitymechs.com/

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 06 October 2022, 07:46:54 »
Green with no stress marks = unstressed and younger harvest, the smoother the jalap, the more mild it is
White lines begin to appear due to stress events like sun, lack of water, or simply maturing too long
Soon those white lines stretch out, and the pepper begins to change from green to orange/red. Those will be the spiciest.

So basically, jalapenos that are spoon fed are white glove, but those peppers from the hard streets that seen some **** are spicier for it

I must disagree with you completely. You can't predict the heat of a jalapeno by looking at it. Maybe some of the other peppers, but not jalapenos.

These photos depict 3 peppers that I picked off of the same plant in my garden. The red one and the green one are very close in heat, with the red one being very slightly hotter and somewhat sweeter.

However, the center one that has partially turned red is considerably hotter than either of the solid-color ones.

For whatever it's worth, I do have 5 different types of pepper plants within about a 20 foot radius, and they are likely promiscuous with their pollen.

I was literally JUST in Detroit for the North American International Auto Show  :'(
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D