Author Topic: [GB] Noxary 268 (100% Shipped)  (Read 150334 times)

Offline euphxenos

Re: [GB] Noxary 268
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 08:19:08 »
Just to give you some idea of how quick those Cerakote samples go out, the Cerakote color sample I requested on 10/14 (a Saturday night) was mailed out to me on 10/16 (the following Monday).  I'm not sure when it got here because I wasn't paying that much attention to the mail, but it's already here.  It was mailed USPS first class from White City, Oregon, which should give you some idea of how long it would take a sample to reach you.  It's a 1" by 4" strip of aluminum sheet, Cerakoted in the requested color.

:thumb:

did the cerakote people send you guys an email when the samples were sent out?  i placed a request last tuesday and haven't gotten anything yet besides the automated request confirmation email.

No, they didn't email me when they mailed the sample.  It just went out in the next business day's mail.

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #201 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 09:08:42 »
Regarding cerakoting, what would you choose to pair it with GMK Yuri? I‘d like to order a few sample as well, maybe in a colour that matches Yuri‘s alphas? What do yoi think?

Offline Trente

« Reply #202 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 15:10:34 »
Regarding cerakoting, what would you choose to pair it with GMK Yuri? I‘d like to order a few sample as well, maybe in a colour that matches Yuri‘s alphas? What do yoi think?

I don't have any Yuri or cerokate sample, but by judging the sample picture online, blue titanium, navy blue, hunter orange are the blue and orange color I would prefer. But if you are planning to do something like blue top and grey bot ( more conventional) titanium blue and cobalt would be something I love.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #203 on: Sun, 29 October 2017, 17:13:17 »
most cerakote places can do color matching
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 02:02:35 »
Just to give you some idea of how quick those Cerakote samples go out, the Cerakote color sample I requested on 10/14 (a Saturday night) was mailed out to me on 10/16 (the following Monday).  I'm not sure when it got here because I wasn't paying that much attention to the mail, but it's already here.  It was mailed USPS first class from White City, Oregon, which should give you some idea of how long it would take a sample to reach you.  It's a 1" by 4" strip of aluminum sheet, Cerakoted in the requested color.

did the cerakote people send you guys an email when the samples were sent out?  i placed a request last tuesday and haven't gotten anything yet besides the automated request confirmation email.

No, they didn't email me when they mailed the sample.  It just went out in the next business day's mail.

thanks, got my samples today.  of course the color i was most interested in was out of stock, so that color was missing. :(

but yes the samples looked quite different in person and really helped for making a choice. 
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #205 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 04:12:56 »
most cerakote places can do color matching
How does that work? Do I have to send them a sample and they‘ll basically decide what matches the sample best?

thanks, got my samples today.  of course the color i was most interested in was out of stock, so that color was missing. :(

but yes the samples looked quite different in person and really helped for making a choice.
Could you upload some photos of your samples? Which colour did you choose and what set are you planning to use with it?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] Noxary 268 - 8 Spots Available
« Reply #206 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:14:43 »
Hi all,

I've been thinking about the future of 268 recently whilst I've been finishing of my new designs.

In short, instead of running future rounds of 268 as planned, I'll be making this the only run. I understand some people missed out, so instead of having 42 total (22 AG + 20 268), I'll be rounding the 268s to 28 to make the total 50.

This means there are 8 new spots available; if you're interested, please fill for form out.

https://goo.gl/forms/BsH2Q3fqM4cb9nTC3

Regarding placing the order with the factory, I'm aiming to do it this week. Just been finalizing the slight changes needed after the sample - I'll be going over these in a future post.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:22:47 »
mad lad.

submitted.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:24:29 by megaforce93 »
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #208 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:33:07 »
Got one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hope you don't mind me putting mx browns in it..

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:41:18 »
Hi all,

I've been thinking about the future of 268 recently whilst I've been finishing of my new designs.

In short, instead of running future rounds of 268 as planned, I'll be making this the only run. I understand some people missed out, so instead of having 42 total (22 AG + 20 268), I'll be rounding the 268s to 28 to make the total 50.

This means there are 8 new spots available; if you're interested, please fill for form out.

Regarding placing the order with the factory, I'm aiming to do it this week. Just been finalizing the slight changes needed after the sample - I'll be going over these in a future post.

Oi if you can extend the slots then can you change my order to cerakote too  :p :p :p :p
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline y2bd

• I'm just here for the caps
    • Twitter
« Reply #210 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 13:46:07 »
Hi all,

Thanks

The future designs must be really good if it's enough to convince you to close 268.

Offline dreamx420

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 16:31:27 »
What about opening more slots for the AG?  ;D

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Re: [GB] Noxary 268 - Opening 4PM EST 10/14
« Reply #212 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 16:45:18 »
Im going with the 68 key layout, and the associated fixed layout plate. Blocker, Brass plate, and gonna try for a "British Racing Green" inspired anno.

Gonna have to dig up a set of coniferous i thinks, but plum will look great with green any day of the week.

What a British Racing Green -esque aluminum case with Coniferous might look like. The exact shade is Pantone 3435C, which appears to be pretty close to BR Green.

« Last Edit: Wed, 01 November 2017, 16:51:55 by eksuen »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #213 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 16:54:03 »
What about opening more slots for the AG?  ;D

It's limited to 22 :rolleyes:

mad lad.

submitted.

:-*

Got one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hope you don't mind me putting mx browns in it..

As long as they're not stock...

Oi if you can extend the slots then can you change my order to cerakote too  :p :p :p :p

The future designs must be really good if it's enough to convince you to close 268.

Designing these is just a big balancing act. It'll be familiar but most things are different :thumb:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #214 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 21:39:24 »
All 8 slots invoiced for, please pay promptly :thumb:

I've left the form open in case anyone drops out.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #215 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 23:00:44 »
Are these future designs you're considering also going to be 65%, or some other size layout?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #216 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 23:08:02 »
Are these future designs you're considering also going to be 65%, or some other size layout?

Generally just whatever I'm feeling at the time. Original plan was to do an 80% in this exact style, and then move onto 60% etc. If I stick with one design for long enough, there will be lots of layouts :))

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #218 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 23:11:36 »
"Other size layouts" like 1800 or compact sounds fantastic :)

I'll have to try those layouts ;) Any recommendations on stock boards? I'm thinking I should try the Leopold.

I decided 65% this time as I thought it was the logical step forward from using 60% for a year. Working well, as I really wanted these dedicated arrows.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 23:26:26 »
I can see you particular case design with the leopold 980 layout in my dreams. It'l be something very special and unfortunately something very hard to get. Something like the holy grail that is LZ CP.

Offline mkarlsson

« Reply #222 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 04:33:37 »

Generally just whatever I'm feeling at the time. Original plan was to do an 80% in this exact style, and then move onto 60% etc. If I stick with one design for long enough, there will be lots of layouts :))

Oh yes please 80%!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Offline vegs

« Reply #223 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 06:15:09 »
Had to sit out on this one but I'm really looking forward to seeing the TKL. Now I might have to decide between that and Keycult :eek:
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline avid

« Reply #224 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 06:16:44 »
TKL would be fantastic!  :thumb:

Offline bminhz

« Reply #225 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 11:20:28 »
Invoice has been paid....just wonder if I could switch to the non-blocker version instead of one?

Offline y2bd

• I'm just here for the caps
    • Twitter
« Reply #226 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 11:21:24 »
Invoice has been paid....just wonder if I could switch to the non-blocker version instead of one?
You may have the only 268 in existence without blockers then, hah.

Offline bminhz

« Reply #227 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 11:23:34 »
haha no worries...I am fine with one...just got confused between the AG and regular version one

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 11:24:26 »

I actually meant to remove it from the options. I've already changed the plate files so no non-blocker layouts are supported and it cleaned things up a lot. :'(

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #229 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 11:27:48 »

I actually meant to remove it from the options. I've already changed the plate files so no non-blocker layouts are supported and it cleaned things up a lot. :'(

But there is one in existence... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bminhz

« Reply #230 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 11:38:07 »

so it was not on the AG version as well? just curious :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 13:45:26 »

so it was not on the AG version as well? just curious :)

Either could have the option, just no one did.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
[GB] Noxary 268
« Reply #232 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 02:58:44 »
What's the estimated time for production after orders are put in?

Edit- I'm dumb

Deadline & Lead Times:

I'll allow 1 week after starting for payment. After this, the order can be submitted to the factory and will take about 8-10 weeks to arrive.

« Last Edit: Fri, 03 November 2017, 03:04:38 by Kafka »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #233 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 13:52:37 »
I made a pixel art for my blocked 268.  check the sig!
keyboards.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #234 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 22:36:00 »
Just wanted to give a quick update on what's happening.

Currently I'm waiting on the final engravings files. We're waiting on this because some small adjustments were made (nothing notable), and because I forgot to ask for them sooner. I expect to get these Monday/Tuesday, and then everything will be ready.

I've changed a few aspects of the design; nothing major, but I think the difference they make is massive.

The main "problem" I had with the sample was that the overall look was very rounded/curvy. I identified the two things that'll change the look the most without changing anything major (as noted below).
  • I've changed the inner corners from 2mm to 1mm. It'll result in better cap fitment aesthetics, and changes the overall look a tiny bit.
  • The inner edge has also been changed. Previously it was a .5mm fillet, but I've now changed it to a .35mm chamfer.
Another thing I changed on the top piece is the blocker. For the sample, I forgot to extrude a face so therefore it wasn't correct -- it is now. You can see in the OP that the left arrow key is super close, but I've changed this to be equal with the rest of the cap to bezel gap. I've also added some indents for bumpons, although I'd recommend using the board without any for the height.

Regarding plates, I've changed a few things with these too.
  • Since no one chose the no blocker option, I updated the plate to only support layouts with the blocker. This means the plate will be cleaner.
  • I've updated the stabilizer holes. Previously they were uniform, and had no correlation to the stabilizer orientation. Unfortunately, neither way around meant you could access the stabilizer wire. I've now updated the stabilizer cutouts to be 1) orientated to the stabilizer, and 2) so you can access the wire clip in point. They look a little different (not sure I'm too keen yet), but the function over form is worth it here.
  • Made the N cutout uniform on both plates, previously one was .1mm too high. It's now in the centre of the bottom row, both vertically and horizontally.
  • Added ISO for the universal plate, it's ugly, but it's the best that can be done.
Please note I haven't finished adding the corners for the universal plate.

PCB has also been updated with the following changes:
  • Removed Alps support (switches wouldn't fit in 268 anyway).
  • Removed all unnecessary holes, but kept the layouts without a blocker for the future.
  • Removed LED backlighting.
  • Added some holes to add a cable instead of attaching to the smaller USB holes (this is for a future project).
  • Added more support around where stabilizers screw in. Previously it was just a mostly complete hole, but now it's a full circle.
We'll be ordering a new sample of this to confirm the changes are fine.

Next update should be that the order has been submitted and in progress :-*

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #235 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 22:57:44 »
We can still install leds in the switches? Did you remove the smds for rgb underglow or the 2 littles holes for in switch leds?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #236 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 23:03:22 »
We can still install leds in the switches? Did you remove the smds for rgb underglow or the 2 littles holes for in switch leds?

Yeah there is still in switch LEDs. Not sure it was ever mentioned but the PCB had SMDs for underglow, so that's whats been removed.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #237 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 23:03:42 »
Sounds like underglow. Overall the changes look great.
keyboards.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #238 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 00:15:12 »
That iso cutout is making the 68key plate really tempting...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #239 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 00:16:26 »

you don't even use ISO
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #240 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 00:19:41 »

you don't even use ISO

Still gotta admit, the universal plate got a nice upgrade by removing blockerless support.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #241 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 00:25:51 »

you don't even use ISO
Thats the point..? lol

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #242 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 00:42:29 »

you don't even use ISO
Thats the point..? lol

That is fair to. I wonder if anyone getting one actually uses iso, i would assume there must be someone since support is being maintained. I will admit, the iso cutout is the only really "ugly" part of the universal plate to me. But I have no issue with it for people who need it.

For me it was never even in consideration though cause I love the idea of a 65% with the same spacebar placement as all my tsangan boards. Someone needs to make a board in that layout with a blocker where the left ctrl is as well. It would be perfect :D.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #243 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 00:44:35 »

you don't even use ISO
Thats the point..? lol

That is fair to. I wonder if anyone getting one actually uses iso, i would assume there must be someone since support is being maintained. I will admit, the iso cutout is the only really "ugly" part of the universal plate to me. But I have no issue with it for people who need it.

For me it was never even in consideration though cause I love the idea of a 65% with the same spacebar placement as all my tsangan boards. Someone needs to make a board in that layout with a blocker where the left ctrl is as well. It would be perfect :D.
I really just need that stepped caps and 1.5u bottom row, iso really ruins it ):

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #244 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 00:51:04 »
Yeah if the 68 plate supported stepped caps I would just go with that one, but since it doesn't universal plate it is

Offline Nenija

« Reply #245 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 02:50:47 »

I wonder if anyone getting one actually uses iso, i would assume there must be someone since support is being maintained.

Hello ;D

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #246 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 07:21:49 »

I wonder if anyone getting one actually uses iso, i would assume there must be someone since support is being maintained.

Hello ;D
rip

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #247 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 08:14:17 »

Hello ;D
rip

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #248 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 08:31:09 »
I'd create a form or something and figure out if all holes are being used, but I know someone using the exact opposite (normal backspace, ISO enter/shift, stepped caps), 1.5 bottom row) so no point :))
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 November 2017, 10:05:36 by xondat »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #249 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 11:40:08 »

Almost ready :-*