Author Topic: Does anyone have diagrams/pin specs for the SMK/Monterey Alps-like switch?  (Read 2850 times)

Offline dante

BlueNalgene is taking interest checks on a new project: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81608.0

SMK/Monterey compatibility may be possible but info on this is pretty limited.  Can anyone one chime in?
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 May 2016, 12:20:37 by dante »

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
I can help, I have a whole tray of smk monterey blues on my desk atm. Would you like me to send you one?

Offline dante

I sent a message to BlueNalgene - waiting to hear back from him.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81608.msg2161238#msg2161238

Thanks!

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
Here is some images too, they may help you out a bit. The shape is considerably different and the pins are also different. I will respect anyone exponentially more if they get a alps AND smk pcb worked out.

agan, since the shapes are so different, same with the plates.

Dont be shy about asking for a switch to check dimensions and stuff, ive got plenty.

Offline BlueNalgene

Sweet Mike.  I think that pic of the bottom of the switches might be enough for me to figure out the placement for the holes.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
Sweet Mike.  I think that pic of the bottom of the switches might be enough for me to figure out the placement for the holes.

If you can figure this out, count me in for a tkl pcb. super excited about this project, finally alps gets the love it always deserved!

Offline BlueNalgene

Check my work

The SMK set is at (x,y in mm):
(-3.15, 5.75) and (3.15, 4.5) from the centroid pictured. 
Using a standard Cartesian plane, not that backwards **** KiCAD uses.

The blue square is the 14x14mm cutout.

I don't think the tenkey I made will be able to handle this modification since the USB hub wiring takes up a lot of space.  However, it might work for the TKL.

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
Holy **** man, you are a genius. from my measurements it seems to be right.  I am really excited for this project!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
Oh wow I'll be watching this, been planning to hardwire my monterey but having plate problems
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
Oh wow I'll be watching this, been planning to hardwire my monterey but having plate problems

Let me guess, you dont like big ass enter and 1u backspace? :p I had the same problem with my monterey plate, as seen in one of my images eariler.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter

Let me guess, you dont like big ass enter and 1u backspace? :p I had the same problem with my monterey plate, as seen in one of my images eariler.

I'm having a hard time finding a plate which fits the Monterey, stabilizer and keycaps is no problem as it can be found online
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo