Author Topic: Do you have any defective/damaged KBParadise V60MTS?  (Read 6277 times)

Offline dante

Do you have any defective/damaged KBParadise V60MTS?
« on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 19:48:37 »
I have not contacted Signature Plastics about this yet - but I thought that maybe if you had a defective/damaged V60MTS that arrived that maybe KBP would be generous enough to donate it to SP for Alps keycap compatibility research?

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Re: Do you have any defective/damaged KBParadise V60MTS?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 23:08:15 »
Now...why would they need to do that? Is it the stabilizers?
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline dante

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 23:29:42 »

Yes.  Some have Cherry cruciform.

A rep at TaiHao is stopping by KBP today to pick up a V60MTS for analysis to see if they can replicate the setup.  I thought I'd ask if one happened to get banged up state side but still functional enough to hand over / borrow to Signature Plastics for compatibility testing.

Obviously the keyboard is too new to start a group buy for keycaps (the existing MOQ might be a killer) but I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

The V60MTS caps are ... OK ... I accept them because the switches are awesome and aesthetically it hasn't been PolyCarb'ed to death by Matias :D   Nonetheless the thing I read about time and time again in reviews is "Great keyboard, but you might have limited keycap options."   I just want to open up as many options as possible for enthusiasts of the board so it doesn't become an excuse.

Who knows, if we can get some standards up in this ***** maybe we can get more enthusiast 60% Alps boards cooking too.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 November 2014, 23:41:42 by dante »

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 10:14:58 »

Yes.  Some have Cherry cruciform.

A rep at TaiHao is stopping by KBP today to pick up a V60MTS for analysis to see if they can replicate the setup.  I thought I'd ask if one happened to get banged up state side but still functional enough to hand over / borrow to Signature Plastics for compatibility testing.

Obviously the keyboard is too new to start a group buy for keycaps (the existing MOQ might be a killer) but I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

The V60MTS caps are ... OK ... I accept them because the switches are awesome and aesthetically it hasn't been PolyCarb'ed to death by Matias :D   Nonetheless the thing I read about time and time again in reviews is "Great keyboard, but you might have limited keycap options."   I just want to open up as many options as possible for enthusiasts of the board so it doesn't become an excuse.

Who knows, if we can get some standards up in this ***** maybe we can get more enthusiast 60% Alps boards cooking too.

We are definitely with you on this. We would LOVE to carry multiple color choices for the Alps switches. KBParadise is definitely bringing Alps' sexy back...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!