Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 383702 times)

Offline turangaleela

• らんだむぶれいん!わおっ 叫んじゃえ わおっ
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #1450 on: Sat, 16 July 2022, 16:00:30 »
Just caught up with Barry. Fantastic season, incredibly dark which is a development I'm super super into.
Now I'm marathoning through my Venture Bros. DVDs before the movie comes out. God I love that show.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1451 on: Sun, 17 July 2022, 00:51:51 »
New season of What We Do In The Shadows! LET'S GOOOO

^ Barry is a great show

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1452 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 20:21:09 »
I watched paws of fury the legend of hank and i regret it so much

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1453 on: Sat, 23 July 2022, 20:48:26 »

The Orville isn't playing around anymore.

S03E08 was dramatic for what it did for the overall story arc, but it was one of the most clumsy and worst-written episodes ever.

Yeah, let's destabilize and jeopardize the entire galaxy for the sake of a single child, that's the ticket.

The Moclan thing may have transcended the Klingons in stupidity and ridiculousness by now.

Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1454 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 02:48:37 »
Watched that new Grey Man movie. Really nice, like a good action movie, sometimes felt like better than latest Mission Impossible :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1455 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 13:19:03 »
Watched that new Grey Man movie. Really nice, like a good action movie, sometimes felt like better than latest Mission Impossible :)

haven't seen yet,  now excited.

Offline PlayBox

« Reply #1456 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 15:06:14 »
finished the grand tour se4e4 (the last one for now) now watching james may: our man in italy currently at e2.
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1457 on: Mon, 25 July 2022, 16:37:58 »
Going to the Sox game! Gonna be a good time, even if I don’t keep up with baseball like I do with hockey.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline phinix

« Reply #1458 on: Tue, 26 July 2022, 02:57:00 »

haven't seen yet,  now excited.

Some scenes are of course too much, like car/tramway chase - simply impossible in real life, but still, I liked watching it.
Gosling is a pleeety boy and looks good in this kind of action movies. I liked his "calmness" and patience in it, same as in Blade Runner. :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline turangaleela

• らんだむぶれいん!わおっ 叫んじゃえ わおっ
« Reply #1459 on: Tue, 26 July 2022, 13:48:38 »
Going to the Sox game! Gonna be a good time, even if I don’t keep up with baseball like I do with hockey.

Say hi to comm ave for me and stay cool/hydrated! I'm in enemy territory... (see location)

Offline andymoor5

« Reply #1460 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 01:52:55 »
Re-watching the Sopranos - brilliant stuff, easy viewing for me .

Offline phinix

« Reply #1461 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 02:53:55 »
I watched Downton Abbey and Downton Abbey New Era.
Simple, light movie, unless you don't like to watch films about english higher class :) Here in Scotland its not that popular  :D
Similar subject, Gosford Park, also good, liked it.

« Last Edit: Fri, 29 July 2022, 02:58:56 by phinix »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1462 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 01:17:15 »
Dr Strange Multiverse was one of the worst Marvel movies I have ever seen in recent memory. Maybe even in the top 5 worst MCU films of all-time for me. Horrible editing, nonsense writing, terrible pacing, awful dialogue. Only saved by hammy acting.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1463 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 08:12:13 »
it is pretty bad. the worst ?  those hulk movies are def worse.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1464 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 10:58:03 »
Suprisingly dc super pets was enjoyable

Offline briathwaite82

« Reply #1465 on: Sun, 31 July 2022, 11:44:40 »
I am watching right is no time to die with subs and For me this film was perfect! Exciting, tense, heart breaking, just epic from start to finish.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1466 on: Sun, 31 July 2022, 15:48:10 »
Resident Evil, 

kindddeeeof see why it's being h8ed on now,  it's impinging on the genz woke culture, but the main leads are attractive women.  and you know how misogynistic and _sensitivo_ the woke crowd is these days.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1467 on: Sun, 31 July 2022, 17:50:10 »
Hrrrrm... bananas still green, but the inside is already ripe.

Is this just the weather or these Resident Evil bananas ?

Offline phinix

« Reply #1468 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 08:09:49 »
I watched Unplugging, with Eva Longoria.
HORRIBLE movie. 1/10.
I fast forwarded it last 40 minutes just to see what else is going to happen and how it ends. Meaningless, stupid story, terrible acting and execusion.
Do NOT watch it, unless you want to see how bad nowadays movies still can be...

« Last Edit: Wed, 03 August 2022, 08:12:10 by phinix »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1469 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 08:24:28 »
HORRIBLE movie. 1/10.
I fast forwarded it last 40 minutes just to see what else is going to happen and how it ends. Meaningless, stupid story, terrible acting and execusion.

Show Image

now that you tell us it's bad, Tp4 must watch it, to verify how bad

that movie poster is kinda cringe

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1470 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 08:50:38 »
Just out of morbid curiosity, I looked up the Wikipedia entry on the movie.
The plot summary was 14 words long.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1471 on: Wed, 03 August 2022, 11:03:41 »

You can't judge a book by it's cover but you can tell a lot about a movie by the poster.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline iri

« Reply #1472 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 15:39:12 »
imdb rating 4.1/10 lmao
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #1473 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 17:51:26 »
HORRIBLE movie. 1/10.

Show Image

now that you tell us it's bad, Tp4 must watch it, to verify how bad

Tp4, you have to watch it now! :)
You'll see how annoyingly bad it is, the way they edited it, put scenes together, the whole story supposed to be funny, but its not, they move from one scene to another, do seriously pointless things, oh my god, it was sooo bad that I had to see how it ends, so fast forwarded it.
Spoiler.. hard to call it a spoiler - pointless and stupid scene - woman for no reason picks up a chicken (hen) and squeezes it so hard that she breaks her leg, so takes human painkillers to her mouth, bite them to crash it, takes few sips of water to mix it and spits it into chicken's... how do you call this thing in English... beak (just googled it:)) so chicken won't feel the pain.
Who the hell would do that? who the hell writes such a movie script? What did I watch there? Why?
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 September 2022, 13:21:25 by phinix »

Offline phinix

« Reply #1474 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 17:55:04 »
Just out of morbid curiosity, I looked up the Wikipedia entry on the movie.
The plot summary was 14 words long.

That simply explains it.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1475 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 17:55:43 »
imdb rating 4.1/10 lmao

That is too much, dude, watch :)

I dare you all, watch this movie, lets see how you gonna judge it :D

Offline phinix

« Reply #1476 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 17:59:58 »
In the meantime... tonight I watched some normal, simple, very positive, light comedy, Tootsie.
I like Dustin Hoffman very much, this is nice, smooth comedy, one of the best from those times. Watched it maybe 5-6 times in my life already, I like to go back to old movies.

I watched (and watch) a lot of movies in my life. I thought I will post here and mention them, so maybe you will find something you watched and liked in the past, just to bring back good memories, feelings, emotions :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 August 2022, 18:03:04 by phinix »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1477 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 20:17:11 »
watching it now,  it's so fake.  even the setup for the family is unbelievable.

longoria doesn't have the screen presence for this type of movie,   every scene so far is cringggge as heck...

ughh.... agggggghghh... it hurts.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1478 on: Thu, 04 August 2022, 20:27:32 »
the dialog, it's like they can't act their characters, so they have to explain their characters verbally, and in such a pedantic way, there's no subtlety.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1480 on: Fri, 05 August 2022, 05:20:54 »
See, I told you! I just couldn't believe that someone could actually write this script then release this movie!
Dialogs were "plastic", flat, stupid.

As a cinematography enthusiast, I actually felt offended after watching it   :confused:
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 August 2022, 05:23:12 by phinix »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1481 on: Fri, 05 August 2022, 10:09:54 »

As a cinematography enthusiast, I actually felt offended after watching it

Off the top of my head, American Movie was probably the most ridiculous film I have ever seen.

Offline iri

« Reply #1482 on: Fri, 05 August 2022, 15:34:26 »
may I suggest The Room
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1484 on: Fri, 05 August 2022, 20:24:50 »
Wonder what commander T'pol's costume budget was,  there isn't a single cm of it that isn't 100% fitted. Vulcans are obviously excellent tailors.

289936-0

289938-1

289942-2

Offline phinix

« Reply #1485 on: Sat, 06 August 2022, 07:57:24 »
I want to watch some nice sci-fi movie tonight - what would you guys suggest?
I mean something like Event Horizon, Alien, Total Recall etc

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1486 on: Sat, 06 August 2022, 08:17:10 »
You use the word "nice" so I will take you literally and recommend Arrival derived (with almost no credit!) from a story by the great and vastly under-rated writer Ted Chiang.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1487 on: Sat, 06 August 2022, 08:29:09 »
They're making the 3 body problem adaptation,  wandering earth was also not bad.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1488 on: Sat, 06 August 2022, 08:41:00 »
y'all saw Prey ?  issss jus ok' no ?  not saying it's bad, buhhhhh, mmmm..... idk, if superman is OP, well the predat0r seems Under Powered given his supposed intellect and ability.

289955-0

Offline phinix

« Reply #1489 on: Sat, 06 August 2022, 11:14:33 »
You use the word "nice" so I will take you literally and recommend Arrival derived (with almost no credit!) from a story by the great and vastly under-rated writer Ted Chiang.

I actually re-watched it a month ago, but thanks, it is indeed an example of "nice" sci-fi :)
I shouldn't use word nice with Aliens.

What I mean I would like to watch some well made movie, can be scary, I like scary movies, like Aliens or similar.
Like a sci-fi thriller.

Offline iri

« Reply #1490 on: Sat, 06 August 2022, 13:48:21 »
Bladerunner?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1491 on: Sat, 06 August 2022, 14:57:18 »
Sandman on NF. Only a few episodes in, I am finding it a little divisive with some of the 'changes' they decided to make for the shows audience. It seems totally unneeded to have changed any major characters or plot point to better suit today's current social climate. It is really wedged in there, and for zero gain or decernable reason other that to be 'woke.' And I hated typing that sentence, but turning John Constantine into a happy lesbian is just... it is NOT that character in any way at all whatsoever. I love Constantine and his misery and chain smoking, this was some bull**** bored meeting created character with no tooth, she doesn't even smoke!

But other than them ruining one of my favorite comic characters, the show is pretty good. It could never live up to expectations from fans, but the guy playing Dream REALLY looks like him. I did not think they could capture that slightly dazed vibe he has, plus how skinny he is in the comics, but Sturridge did a great job I think. He kinda looks like a fit version of Nathan Fielder from Nathan For You.
Currently 3 eps deep, I hope it can find it's footing a little better as the plot unfolds.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1492 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 19:04:47 »
Trek Lower Decks is legitimately good. cheese @ times, but it's still fairly mature/ self aware.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1493 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 08:42:45 »

cheese @ times

I will give it a try sometime. Picard season 2 would have been great if they had stripped out all the crap and fights and made it a single 1-hour show.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1494 on: Thu, 11 August 2022, 14:29:39 »
I don't understand, you'd think Vulcans would use their terraform tech to make their planet look less crummy/desolate.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1495 on: Sun, 21 August 2022, 00:28:43 »
Trek animated series..  it always moves slower than you remember,  but still good vibes.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1496 on: Sun, 21 August 2022, 04:01:43 »
Blazed through all of Snuff Box in a sitting. Wish there were more, it's just my type.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1497 on: Tue, 23 August 2022, 14:41:00 »
Ok... yea....dat Top gon' movie were pretty gud with all the kekekekekek wooooosh, pwwwwwwwooooooooooo....

HDR effects were subtle, well balanced, does not unnecessarily draw attention.

290661-0

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1498 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 20:11:15 »
Just watched NF Resident Evil. I don't think the writers and director have ever played an RE game or seen anything from the source material ever in their lives. The show had basically zero to do with anything in the games lore, and the vibe was completely wrong. I'd be surprised if this gets picked up for a 2nd season.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1499 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 20:14:47 »
It's not bad on its own. sort of like stepford wives meets zombies.