Author Topic: [IC] GMK Zooted - 4/20 - GROUP BUY IS LIVE  (Read 121174 times)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [IC] GMK Zooted. Happy 420!
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 18:26:18 »
Saw the title. Thought "I bet that set looks so bad."

Looks at set.

I love this.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 19:31:25 »
Will be in for the base!

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 20:03:48 »
I'm definitely in for this one! :eek:

Offline Beni986

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 20:08:49 »
I'm liking the leaf novelties that match other sets :thumb:
Noxary T60 | LZ CLSm

Offline Tennstrong

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 20:22:08 »
Needs orange (poss mod legend color?) for pistils , wouldn't mind the accent being a honey/shatter sort of color. Time (4:20) &  (7:10) novs? Concentrate novs, possibly a Rosin squish & maybe a "RUN BHO" nov (same fashion as RUN DMC) , could do a spliff enter etc

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 20:49:10 »
I'm liking the leaf novelties that match other sets :thumb:

Could be the salty kit of 2020

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 21:29:21 »
these are all cool ideas for the novelty addons, but i'm not trying to spend more than $50 for novelties lol. pls leave it as is or don't modify it too much
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 April 2020, 21:34:04 by dsw_408 »

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 06:03:23 »
Sooo... the ANSI Enter novelty would have a joint and the ISO Enter novelty a bong?

Dammit, I feel the police will come knocking at my door just for commenting on the thread. The actual police, not the "partial ISO support" police...

Also bong on vertical 2u.  You know, to keep my numpad lit too. 

Some other novelty suggestions: Volcano (you know the one), gas mask, lighter.

I didn't think I needed another GMK set, but this might change my mind!

Offline bliss

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 13:47:07 »
Simply looks good! There may be some patience required until GMK gets the colors right, but it will be worth it. Looks spot on in the render.

Offline Pozz

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 14:42:50 »
I can already see the novelties reaching MOQ within the first week.

I love this shade of green, might have to jump on this train  :eek:

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 16:07:11 »
Purple arrow key cluster?

Offline zap2oz

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 15:04:16 »
Color scheme looks good! Count me in.

Offline bliss

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 06:54:39 »
To put it bluntly, I'd be in!

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 22:44:05 »
+2.

Offline Nudd

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 25 April 2020, 14:39:55 »
I registered to say "take my money, as it is"

Need a set for my Planck as well please

Offline LubedNReady

• keep it kinky with Krytox
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 11:53:39 »
Say what you want about the politics of cannabis, but the color palette of this set is beautiful.

Also...

240953-0
i fap with 205g0

Offline roznalos

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 12:22:44 »
I’m so in on the base kit!

Offline diazel

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 16:25:50 »
I mos def be in

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 17:08:15 »
2 WEEK UPDATE and a big old hurdle

Thanks all for your interest in this set, I've read all the responses here and on reddit n that and all the suggestions have been taken into my brain to be considered and utilised or tossed aside. Thanks especially to Zekkin and Bliss for posting tunes. Good tunes!

Now for the news: Feedback has been quite overwhelmingly positive and I felt like we wouldn't have a problem hitting MOQ and getting it made. A couple of vendors expressed interest and GMK were contacted to ask about their view of the set and whether they'd manufacture it. Unfortunately they told us in the politest way possible that they liked the colourway but would not make the set with this theme and novelties. I'm disappointed but not surprised.

So, I guess there's a couple of options here really:

1. Keep it GMK and change the theme. I really love the colours in this set and honestly GMK are the company that I would trust to bring it to life. There's a reason they have the reputation that they do. Working with them to get the colours just right for GMK DMG really showed me their top tier level of professionalism and how easy they were to work with. I think the GMK version of this colourway is probably the prettiest of the potential possibilities. However, no weed theme! And weed IS the theme, and I like the theme and I really want the novelties... so, yeah.

2. Go with another manufacturer. This option is more open ended, could mean going the dye sub pbt route, could change profile, could make more easily affordable kits and even one with a lot more novelties... but I need convincing that another manu can get these colours right, and anyway there's no guaranteeing any manufacturer would be ok with running the theme.

So this is where we're at. I'm really undecided on this at the moment. I'd like to hear your thoughts. I'm mulling it all over. Maybe inspiration will come if I just hit this vape.

Hits vape.

Offline Heist Morty

• MD.Doof
    • Mascis Designs
Re: [IC] GMK Zooted. Happy 420! MAJOR NEWS UPDATE
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 17:30:56 »
I personally support moving to ePBT or some dye-sub fab and getting it done that way.

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 17:31:26 »
2 WEEK UPDATE and a big old hurdle

Thanks all for your interest in this set, I've read all the responses here and on reddit n that and all the suggestions have been taken into my brain to be considered and utilised or tossed aside. Thanks especially to Zekkin and Bliss for posting tunes. Good tunes!

Now for the news: Feedback has been quite overwhelmingly positive and I felt like we wouldn't have a problem hitting MOQ and getting it made. A couple of vendors expressed interest and GMK were contacted to ask about their view of the set and whether they'd manufacture it. Unfortunately they told us in the politest way possible that they liked the colourway but would not make the set with this theme and novelties. I'm disappointed but not surprised.

So, I guess there's a couple of options here really:

1. Keep it GMK and change the theme. I really love the colours in this set and honestly GMK are the company that I would trust to bring it to life. There's a reason they have the reputation that they do. Working with them to get the colours just right for GMK DMG really showed me their top tier level of professionalism and how easy they were to work with. I think the GMK version of this colourway is probably the prettiest of the potential possibilities. However, no weed theme! And weed IS the theme, and I like the theme and I really want the novelties... so, yeah.

2. Go with another manufacturer. This option is more open ended, could mean going the dye sub pbt route, could change profile, could make more easily affordable kits and even one with a lot more novelties... but I need convincing that another manu can get these colours right, and anyway there's no guaranteeing any manufacturer would be ok with running the theme.

So this is where we're at. I'm really undecided on this at the moment. I'd like to hear your thoughts. I'm mulling it all over. Maybe inspiration will come if I just hit this vape.

Hits vape.
Damn that is disappointing. Either way I love the colors and I have my doubts with PBT being able to pull it off. Love the novelties too though. Torn on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 17:33:48 »
Damn, GMK being a buzzkill....... :p

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 17:51:07 »
Omg what a joke. Weed is still considered a drug to some people? And also it’s not like GMK comes up with ideas.... we pay them to do what and make what we want. I can understand if someone wanted to make like a Hitler set with swastikas and crap but to say they won’t make a weed leaf? It’s like legal most places and not even controversial. I bet if I wanted to make a Johnny walker keyset based on my favorite label of scotch (more like a tribute because they killed green label. Idiots) GMK would make it. Alcohol is responsible for way more harm in the world than weed will or ever has. This is all
Coming from someone who personally doesn’t like weed.

Anyone else sick of being sensored by corporations? Anyone actually think you are living in a free country right now? If so go call 10 or your friends and find a park sit around and hang out at. See how long it takes to get broken up for violating social distancing despite the numbers coming in. Blowvid19 was less deadly than the 2018 flu. And they’ll still try to vaccinate you. I laugh at anyone who actually falls for that and gets blowvid vaxxed or willingly let’s the government track them to “track the spread”

GMK lost all respect here. While I used to still buy sets I liked despite it being over priced. Despite it being abs and once there is shine it’s baskcally a throw away sack of crap, and despite them showing no effort to make smaller kits for people like ergo users actually be able to afford a set, even though like 5% of GMK sets offer ergo options and when they do you are required to buy base set and have a hundred unused keys.

Bye bye GMK. Germany sucks anyways and so does minke or whoever your cabal country leader is.  Evil woman

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 17:52:40 »
Omg what a joke. Weed is still considered a drug to some people? And also it’s not like GMK comes up with ideas.... we pay them to do what and make what we want. I can understand if someone wanted to make like a Hitler set with swastikas and crap but to say they won’t make a weed leaf? It’s like legal most places and not even controversial. I bet if I wanted to make a Johnny walker keyset based on my favorite label of scotch (more like a tribute because they killed green label. Idiots) GMK would make it. Alcohol is responsible for way more harm in the world than weed will or ever has. This is all

Anyone else sick of being sensored by corporations? Anyone actually think you are living in a free country right now? If so go call 10 or your friends and find a park sit around and hang out at. See how long it takes to get broken up for violating social distancing despite the numbers coming in. Blowvid19 was less deadly than the 2018 flu. And they’ll still try to vaccinate you. I laugh at anyone who actually falls for that and gets blowvid vaxxed or willingly let’s the government track them to “track the spread”

GMK lost all respect here. While I used to still buy sets I liked despite it being over priced. Despite it being abs and once there is shine it’s baskcally a throw away sack of crap, and despite them showing no effort to make smaller kits for people like ergo users actually be able to afford a set, even though like 5% of GMK sets offer ergo options and when they do you are required to buy base set and have a hundred unused keys.

Bye bye GMK. Germany sucks anyways and so does minke or whoever your cabal country leader is.  Evil woman
Go hit a bowl my guy

Offline pcire

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 17:54:17 »
GMK, then other profiles

Maybe change the novelties a little but for GMK?

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 18:32:16 »
The colors are too nice to drop the idea and involvement of GMK.
I would think of rethemed the set to something "safer", which not cause insecurity and issues ;)

The main theme is a pure nature :) why not to continue that path and explore colors like "whitish green", "milky green"?

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 18:35:59 »

Offline spoopycheezy

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 20:18:12 »
I think it would be approved if the weed novelties werent so... directly weed. may be something more subtle like stylized smoke? hippy/psychedelic references? id really like to see this set move forward to gb!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 20:27:43 »
I think it would be approved if the weed novelties werent so... directly weed. may be something more subtle like stylized smoke? hippy/psychedelic references? id really like to see this set move forward to gb!

This is what I'm thinking as well -- keep the same colors and just change the novelties to something that aren't literal, but at least figuratively allude to the theme. It really doesn't have to be a pot leaf.

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 21:05:40 »

This is what I'm thinking as well -- keep the same colors and just change the novelties to something that aren't literal, but at least figuratively allude to the theme. It really doesn't have to be a pot leaf.
You own clack leafs though

Offline holtenc

« Reply #80 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 21:17:30 »

Bro, you just went form ranting about the nonacceptance of weed along with some weird mention of Hitler thrown in, then straight into conspiracy theories about corporate censorship plus anti-vax sentiment in the same paragraph, and THEN continued with your typical *****ing about GMK blah albah blah blah i quit reading. get a grip dude.

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 21:22:27 »
I was waiting for something like Muted to run and MoDo Light didn't quite cut it for me. This set however is perfect. Green is probably my favourite colour and I really hope the purple accents stay even if the set ends up changing theme. I'd be fine with either an other manufacturer or different novelties, but I prefer Cherry profile.

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 21:25:43 »
stuff here

Bro, you just went form ranting about the nonacceptance of weed along with some weird mention of Hitler thrown in, then straight into conspiracy theories about corporate censorship plus anti-vax sentiment in the same paragraph, and THEN continued with your typical *****ing about GMK blah albah blah blah i quit reading. get a grip dude.

honestly, it was pretty fun to read and a nice change of pace from the normal "omg in for base" humdrum of this place

Offline despairsray

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 23:37:36 »
That's unfortunate. I would buy this set even if it was just the base, which I am going to assume that they would not mind producing? They have issues with the novelties and the theme right? If there was a way to keep the colors but change the theme a little bit, I am still in.

Offline wil

« Reply #84 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 00:36:18 »
if it's possible, enlist a designer and come up with ways to keep the theme but make it subtle.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 04:10:33 »
if it's possible, enlist a designer and come up with ways to keep the theme but make it subtle.

Offline bliss

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 08:02:34 »
The name is too aggressive, in the sense that no manufacturer with reputation wants to be linked forever with a set named 'Zooted' :D (even though the colorway is beautiful)

About the novelties though, they should be no problem on their own, because all sorts of hemp products are sold in Germany, too (just not with THC). Here is an image from https://hanfgruen.de/

For instance, CBD is used to alleviate pain among other uses. It is made from the same plant, and THC is removed from it.

Alternative names I could think of:
  • GMK Hemp
  • GMK CBD
  • GMK Pistachio :D

Edit: What about GMK Kite?
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 May 2020, 11:08:51 by bliss »

Offline alphabirth

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 16:10:56 »
stuff here

honestly, it was pretty fun to read and a nice change of pace from the normal "omg in for base" humdrum of this place

Yeah, first, lol at the crazy rant.

2nd, I may be in the minority, but I actually prefer PBT.  Especially if ePBT or Keyreative would be more chill about the novelties.

Offline Rob27shred

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 16:36:07 »

^This 100%, as much as I'd love a set with weed leaves, joints, bongs, vapes, etc. all over it, the colors are too nice to take elsewhere IMO. We pretty much know GMK can pull this off, I wouldn't be so sure about another manufacturer with ABS & I don't think these colors would pop right on PBT.

Offline dondongler

• Gotta Light?
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 17:42:14 »

^This 100%, as much as I'd love a set with weed leaves, joints, bongs, vapes, etc. all over it, the colors are too nice to take elsewhere IMO. We pretty much know GMK can pull this off, I wouldn't be so sure about another manufacturer with ABS & I don't think these colors would pop right on PBT.

Things I really like about this set are the muted green colors and going with GMK. The leaf novelties with different colors to match other sets was a rad add on as well, but without them this set is still dank. I'd say changing the name up a bit and redesigning the novelties is the way to go, would love to see some of those aliens you were talking about.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 18:23:13 »

Things I really like about this set are the muted green colors and going with GMK. The leaf novelties with different colors to match other sets was a rad add on as well, but without them this set is still dank. I'd say changing the name up a bit and redesigning the novelties is the way to go, would love to see some of those aliens you were talking about.

Thanks for all these inputs. This is pretty much where I'm at with it as well. I want these colours from GMK so I'm going to look at reworking the theme. I doubt anything alluding to weed is going to be ok at all, even switching it to hemp/cbd, and tbh I don't want to turn it into a back and forth trying to find their limit of what's acceptable. That would suck the joy out of the whole thing. But I'm sure we can still have a fun theme on this... aliens maybe, hippy-ish stuff maybe... I'm gonna hit this vape and have a think.

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 03:50:57 »
I feel like a hippy theme could capture the soul of this set without pushing the boundaries with gmk. And I’m sure someone more creative than I am could come up with better novelty ideas; but I was thinking a peace sign, “make love, not war”, smiley face, and a sunflower would pair nicely with the hippy theme

Offline spoopycheezy

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 06:14:52 »
bro.... BRO...

i have an idea  for a novelty that will blow your mind my dude... *hits vape*

Offline noawan

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 07:49:44 »
If 40s kit happen, please include atleast one r2 1u leaf novelty key

Offline udller

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 08:02:24 »
this might not be easiest thing, but have the base set made with gmk how it was? then maybe get another company to colour match with the gmk with more druggy novelties?

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 10:07:19 »
Yikes some of these comments -

My two cents - Moving to another manufacturer also will not be easy especially if they are asia based, where anything to do with this stuff is taken strictly, and that more than in Germany (where it is pretty relaxed)

I would recommend moving totally away from the theme and getting a new one sorted out, but it is up to the majority of course since a meme is a meme.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline bliss

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 14:49:24 »
Teddy bears, to appease GMK.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 18:04:44 »

Quarantine protester spotted
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Midori

• Formerly loktrevor
  • c:
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 18:37:07 »

Quarantine protester spotted

My mans needs a haircut...

TGR Jane v2 | Vulcan Pro | Matrix 8X v2.0 | Bean | hbcp | froge | hype hen

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 05 May 2020, 19:00:45 »
What if you kept the color and the theme and leaned hard in the opposite direction? Full blown war on drugs style. Reagan cap. DEA parody design with the eagle logo. GMK cap, but with this font .