Author Topic: [IC] GMK Pedestrian | Canceled  (Read 22733 times)

Offline Bregoli

[IC] GMK Pedestrian | Canceled
« on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 06:47:02 »

GMK PEDESTRIAN CANCELED

Due to lack of interest I decided to Cancel this set! With GMK's Timeline and the high price I cannot imagine meeting the MOQ without forcing it with a ton of extras. I'm looking into running only the desk mats but I'd still need to Iron out the details!

IC Form & Discord
So you don't have to scroll!

Kits

Colors

Board Renders

Fieldtrip by Aeternus Decorum

J-02 by ProtoTypist

U80 by Rama & V4N4G0N by Trashman

Whiskey & Swiss by Bregoli (me)

Deskmats

Updates
15/04
More
- Moved End and Pg Dn to Number Pad kit
- Slimmed NorDeUk kit (Removed tertiary legends and added UK ISO to base
- Added red enter key to the number pad
- Renamed Spacebar to Compatibility
- Changed alpha colored arrows to accent color
27/05
More
- Added Vendors
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 July 2021, 05:52:16 by Bregoli »

Offline Father

Re: [IC] GMK Caution | Yellow & Black
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 06:59:27 »
very nice sir

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 07:03:50 »
Preserved.

Offline AshF

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 07:04:29 »
This is a decent set

Sent from my ASUS_I003D using Tapatalk

Offline dimo

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 07:10:55 »
I think the gray could be darker but otherwise very well thought out, novelties are great.

Offline Escabrera

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 07:16:12 »

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 07:17:14 »
very nice sir

This is a decent set

Sent from my ASUS_I003D using Tapatalk

I think the gray could be darker but otherwise very well thought out, novelties are great.

Thank you, I'm happy you like the novelties

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 07:46:31 »
kits don't feel very organized, unaccented 40s, minor ortho, and extra enters in bars while base has proper legend compatibility for most keys?

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 07:53:21 »
kits don't feel very organized, unaccented 40s, minor ortho, and extra enters in bars while base has proper legend compatibility for most keys?
I've been told colors add price/ moq or something so i kept red out of non base kits.
Major ortho and 40s is in base while correct legends for lesser used layouts and non accented options.
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 March 2021, 11:46:05 by Bregoli »

Offline $W4GK!NG

• Keyboard/Car/Audio Enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 07:58:45 »
I feel like the color is a bit washed out, grey could be darker and yellow and red could be deeper, also i think you should include the numpad into the base kit since the trade off wouldnt be worth it

Also is it just me or this set remind me of the GMK Drift Legend from last month KEKW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fruitykeeb

• Storefront
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 08:30:43 »
my body is ready. my wallet? not so much

Offline dimo

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 09:06:26 »
I feel like the color is a bit washed out, grey could be darker and yellow and red could be deeper, also i think you should include the numpad into the base kit since the trade off wouldnt be worth it

Also is it just me or this set remind me of the GMK Drift Legend from last month KEKW

yeah I agree, look up any caution signage and it uses deeper blacks and all around less grayed colors

Offline dimo

[IC] GMK Caution | Yellow & Black
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 09:06:26 »

yeah I agree, look up any caution signage and it uses deeper blacks and all around less grayed colors

I know this is a deviation from the reference but I think the reference here is doing a better job with colors

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 09:17:01 »

The colors were actually inspired by the CAT vehicles. The stickmen came after and the name was decided 20 minutes before IC. I believe it doensn't matter. What matters is how it looks, not how it resembles the inspiration.

Offline dimo

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 09:20:11 »

The colors were actually inspired by the CAT vehicles. The stickmen came after and the name was decided 20 minutes before IC. I believe it doensn't matter. What matters is how it looks, not how it resembles the inspiration.
I mean if you quoted the rest of the comment it would have answered what you say at the end.

i personally think the title of a set and it’s references do matter especially when the signage of the novelties very specifically make us think of less grayed out colors

anyways i think the kit renders just literally look hazy and faded and it could be tweaked
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 March 2021, 09:22:24 by dimo »

Offline AASH

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 10:04:25 »
Very excellent set but gmk bad you know the drill.
/j keep up the good work bregoli I keep this in my "good sets" bookmark
40s, with love

Offline pdpete

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 10:59:26 »
Great set but imo yellow and red is too faded. Doesnt really reflect the bright colours of caution signs

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 11:11:44 »
If "Caution" is supposed to be based off of traffic signs then I would suggest upping the intensity of the colors. As people have mentioned above they look washed out in the renders.

Offline WaynaPawiasek

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 11:12:42 »
all colors need more saturation, otherwise a great set. Novelties look good, there could be  a diagonally striped black & yellow spacebar (like a caution tape)!

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 11:45:40 »
If "Caution" is supposed to be based off of traffic signs then I would suggest upping the intensity of the colors. As people have mentioned above they look washed out in the renders.

Great set but imo yellow and red is too faded. Doesnt really reflect the bright colours of caution signs

all colors need more saturation, otherwise a great set. Novelties look good, there could be  a diagonally striped black & yellow spacebar (like a caution tape)!

Inspiration =/= colors for this set, Colors were first, Novelties came after. I find Saturated colors don't work as well as the more muted colors I currently have, even if they fit the theme more.
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 March 2021, 16:22:36 by Bregoli »

Offline pdpete

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 11:51:01 »
Make no mistake its an amazing set. But when i look at it "caution" is probably the last thing that comes to mind

In the end it's just my opinion

« Last Edit: Wed, 31 March 2021, 11:54:13 by pdpete »

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 13:57:59 »
Personally I think the colors are a bit too close to GMK PITP.

I think this is the true danger of posting colors in an IC and you are a fool if you don’t see that.

Have you reached out to the designer of GMK PITP to see if they are ok with you riding the coat tails of their successful IC?

Anyway GLWIC I guess........

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 15:49:53 »
Personally I think the colors are a bit too close to GMK PITP.

I think this is the true danger of posting colors in an IC and you are a fool if you don’t see that.

Have you reached out to the designer of GMK PITP to see if they are ok with you riding the coat tails of their successful IC?

Anyway GLWIC I guess........

I'm glad you brought this up. This was one of my biggest fears when posting this IC. Shown below I have a side by side comparison of the 2 Sets and while I do agree that they bear a resemblance, I think they differ from eachother slightly. As you can see, GMK PITP uses brown text while I use grey text.

Also I have contacted Sir SlipperyPeteED to work out any problems that might arise with him (shown below). He is currently talking with his legal team and will write back within 48 hours. Until I get a response, this set will be on hold!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 17:21:45 »
echoing what everyone else has said, this really doesn't remind me much of "Caution", I think alternating black/yellow stripes across the set would be a much better fit for the theme

Inspiration =/= colors for this set, Colors were first, Novelties came after. I find Saturated colors don't work as well as the more muted colors I currently have, even if they fit the theme more.

then why not change the theme/name? just pick something that better represents the colors you've chosen

I mean if you quoted the rest of the comment it would have answered what you say at the end.

you double posted and only the second comment had your last point

honestly I feel like this whole thread is just trolling and ive taken the bait here get baited nerd

i think i have brain damage now
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 March 2021, 17:58:14 by hwood34 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Skok

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 17:33:07 »
honestly I feel like this whole thread is just trolling and ive taken the bait here

hook, line, and sinker

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 17:45:21 »
honestly I feel like this whole thread is just trolling and ive taken the bait here

hook, line, and sinker

i just haven't stayed up to date with the new trolls and their cohorts

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 17:54:41 »

hook, line, and sinker

Welcome to the joke my friend. Glad to have you onboard

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 17:56:59 »

hook, line, and sinker

Welcome to the joke my friend. Glad to have you onboard

lfg we poop jokes now boys. i guess this is what it feels like to not understand young people jokes
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 March 2021, 17:59:08 by hwood34 »

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 18:13:12 »
echoing what everyone else has said, this really doesn't remind me much of "Caution", I think alternating black/yellow stripes across the set would be a much better fit for the theme

then why not change the theme/name? just pick something that better represents the colors you've chosen

Caution signs are yellow and black, the novelties have stickmen like in the caution signs, The set is Yellow and black.
Who cares if the shade of yellow isn't the same? I don't look at GMK striker and think "This reminds me of football".
Name doesn't matter as much as people think it does, and the name for this set fits enough. I don't see a name change suddenly making this a "better" set.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 18:18:26 »

Caution signs are yellow and black, the novelties have stickmen like in the caution signs, The set is Yellow and black.
Who cares if the shade of yellow isn't the same? I don't look at GMK striker and think "This reminds me of football".
Name doesn't matter as much as people think it does, and the name for this set fits enough. I don't see a name change suddenly making this a "better" set.

I mean if you're going to be this defensive about it, why even have an IC? just go straight to GB if you feel so confident.

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 18:22:02 »

I mean if you're going to be this defensive about it, why even have an IC? just go straight to GB if you feel so confident.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as defensive, I like feedback, but mostly when it regards the set itself. What I'm trying to understand is why people are picky about the name instead of the looks of the set.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 18:27:06 »

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as defensive, I like feedback, but mostly when it regards the set itself. What I'm trying to understand is why people are picky about the name instead of the looks of the set.

you're fine lol. but I think you're misunderstanding if you assume people are focused solely on the name. more that you presented a theme that people were into, and they're just disappointed that the actual set doesn't mesh with those expectations. it's a fine set by itself, but better aligning with the theme would make it a more unique and distinctive thing.

Offline dimo

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 18:30:00 »
dozens of comments later and you’re still severely underestimating the power of a title and why it’s such a blaring weirdness to open an IC and have a set not match your expectations

if you say it’s based off CAT vehicles why doesn’t the title just reference that

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 18:37:26 »
unrelated to the theme discussion

yellow alpha kit?

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 18:47:39 »
Ok, I give in, I think i understand what y'all are saying! Ill change the name to something else.  ;D

Offline kiwoli

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 20:28:20 »
Novelties are fun.
In danger of beating a dead horse, but caution is pantone 809 or bust ;D

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 20:33:09 »
Swiss board made gray made me lol.

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 02:30:20 »
unrelated to the theme discussion

yellow alpha kit?

It's something I was eyeing but I didn't want to add it since its another kit and there are already 5. Might be difficult to make moq!

Offline Bregoli

Re: [IC] GMK Pedestrian | Yellow & Black
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 03:11:18 »
Changed the name to fit the Theme more, I hope this fixes any issues some people had with this set name!

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 11:56:42 »
The treeleaf is watching out and paying attention
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 06:11:04 »
also i think you should include the numpad into the base kit since the trade off wouldnt be worth it

Numbpad in base would make it too expensive/big. The way it is now it supports most >=TKL's including orthos & Alice with proper legend compatibility for most. I think adding ortho and 40s into base makes it compatible with more boards than if I were to remove ortho & 40s support and add numbpad (Although I do not have any statistics, just a mere guess :D)

Offline cugloo

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 16:43:48 »
I love the colors man. I'm in!

Offline honorless

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 21:00:29 »
intriguing kitting idea and hilarious novelties.

I'm warming up to the colorway. If it was less muted that'd definitely be a hard no, but this I might be into. Have you considered using GMK 2B for your gray? (Maybe it's too light...)
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 April 2021, 21:19:44 by honorless »

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 13:39:55 »
intriguing kitting idea and hilarious novelties.

I'm warming up to the colorway. If it was less muted that'd definitely be a hard no, but this I might be into. Have you considered using GMK 2B for your gray? (Maybe it's too light...)

Thank you! Yes, 2b is too light. I tried to substitute a color with a GMK color but none fit.

Offline cugloo

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 05:06:29 »
Just noticed the Swiss render. :cool:

Offline LaserCrafter

• reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 19:45:08 »
truck-chan
Keyboard Collection: Unikorn, Orion v2.5, Orion v3, Realforce 87u, Viper v3, NMB RT8756CGR, Unicorn x Legend, Das II, TC-V3, Jetfire, Wang 325-3770, Lightpad v2

Keyset Collection: OG Doubleshots, CRP 2551 R4, Muted 2, Cyan R1, WoB, DCS Wyse, ISO OG POM, ePBT Blanks, BSP Blanks, BoW + Gigachild

Offline robalees

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 13:17:17 »
Does the Discord link work for anyone else? Wanted to join and keep an eye on the status, but I keep getting an error saying messages won't load...  :(

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 16:21:58 »
Does the Discord link work for anyone else? Wanted to join and keep an eye on the status, but I keep getting an error saying messages won't load...  :(

Works for me, Odd.
Try this: https://discord.gg/8JDrgXvxQc

Offline robalees

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 21:09:43 »
That one worked!

Thanks

Offline mrkyle

« Reply #49 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 00:01:51 »
100 percent for me