Author Topic: Hello you'all  (Read 3180 times)

Offline wngmv

• Praise the sun!
Hello you'all
« on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 13:16:25 »
Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a while I guess the market finally lured me into registering :)

Right now I have a Das Model S (that I am trying to sell), a Pok3r backlit, and newly acquired a RF 87U for work. Also bought a White Fox barebone from MassDrop today so I'm super excited :)

Picture of RF before I took it to work

The only picture of Pok3r I can find while at work was the one I took when I assembled my PC last December.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
Re: Hello you'all
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 July 2016, 19:06:22 »
Welcome :)

Have you used the RF enough to find an opinion on it?

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 02:41:57 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

An interesting range of keyboards.  Which switches have you got in each one, and have you found a favourite switch yet?

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline wngmv

• Praise the sun!
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 10:07:13 »
Welcome :)

Have you used the RF enough to find an opinion on it?

Thank you :)

I like the feel of it a lot. Though I found it on the heavy side and definitely not for gaming. That's why it's at work now :)

Welcome to Geekhack!

An interesting range of keyboards.  Which switches have you got in each one, and have you found a favourite switch yet?

Thank you!

It's a Brown Das, my first mech. Pok3r is MX Red, I got that since I game a lot at home. Initially I wasn't a fan of it, but after half a year I really like it now. I do miss the dedicated arrow keys though. That's why I decided to jump in the White Fox hype. Only go the RF for a few weeks, I like typing on it a lot, and I have to say 80% is my favorite layout since I don't really use the numpad. Still getting used to how heavy it is though.

Definitely looking forward to get my hands on some Zealios and decide from there what to put on the White Fox. If the last drop was any indicator I'll have plenty time to decide.  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 26 July 2016, 05:47:43 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Thank you!

It's a Brown Das, my first mech. Pok3r is MX Red, I got that since I game a lot at home. Initially I wasn't a fan of it, but after half a year I really like it now. I do miss the dedicated arrow keys though. That's why I decided to jump in the White Fox hype. Only go the RF for a few weeks, I like typing on it a lot, and I have to say 80% is my favorite layout since I don't really use the numpad. Still getting used to how heavy it is though.

Definitely looking forward to get my hands on some Zealios and decide from there what to put on the White Fox. If the last drop was any indicator I'll have plenty time to decide.  ;D

Is the RealForce 45g or 55g?  45g should be about the same weight as reds/browns, although with a different force curve.  55g would definitely feel noticeably heavier.

The good thing about a TKL or 60% keyboard is that you can get a separate numpad and have the best of both worlds!

Also there is the Leopold FC660M, which is basically a 60% with dedicated arrow keys.  There's a Topre version of that too (the FC660C).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline wngmv

• Praise the sun!
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 21:49:50 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Thank you!

Is the RealForce 45g or 55g?  45g should be about the same weight as reds/browns, although with a different force curve.  55g would definitely feel noticeably heavier.

The good thing about a TKL or 60% keyboard is that you can get a separate numpad and have the best of both worlds!

Also there is the Leopold FC660M, which is basically a 60% with dedicated arrow keys.  There's a Topre version of that too (the FC660C).

It's the 55g, yep.

I can live without the keypad easily. Though I do miss the dedicated arrow keys. I ordered a White Fox from mass drop when it opened again, and got a grab bag the same Friday. From there I got enough granite to fill a pok3r, which is really exciting :)

looking forward to get some zealios on that Fox :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 01:29:58 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Thank you!

It's the 55g, yep.

I can live without the keypad easily. Though I do miss the dedicated arrow keys. I ordered a White Fox from mass drop when it opened again, and got a grab bag the same Friday. From there I got enough granite to fill a pok3r, which is really exciting :)

Grab bags (or crap bags, as they were called for a while) must have gotten better.  In the two I got, I didn't get a full set of any type of keycaps :))

Offline wngmv

• Praise the sun!
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 09:35:37 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Thank you!

It's the 55g, yep.

Grab bags (or crap bags, as they were called for a while) must have gotten better.  In the two I got, I didn't get a full set of any type of keycaps :))

:<< That's some luck. Or they just got massively better. Someone got more than 2 full sets of mixed pulse, and I ended up with less than 3 1.25u keys T_T

well RNG will RNG. But I had so much fun sorting them out, and learning about different profiles.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 21:37:26 »
Awesome, welcome :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 05:52:56 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Thank you!

It's the 55g, yep.

:<< That's some luck. Or they just got massively better. Someone got more than 2 full sets of mixed pulse, and I ended up with less than 3 1.25u keys T_T

well RNG will RNG. But I had so much fun sorting them out, and learning about different profiles.

One thing they are great for is making keycaps.  If you're sculpting, or need the stems, or just want to experiment with something, a couple of handfuls of crap bag keycaps are just the thing!