Author Topic: Kensington trackball : new driver 1.1 beta not working for me (win7 64)...  (Read 2427 times)

Offline mb93

Hi All
I have two kensington trackballs. An expert trackball at work for many years ago on xp 32.
And for my dell laptop x64 win7 , i'm using slimblade trackball since more than one year ago.
On my x64, only the old version driver 1.03 works...
The 1.04 has never worked and the web hotline is inefficient : they say always the problem comes from my PC but i read in many forums that many people experience the same symptoms like me.
When i saw the new beta driver, i'have some hope but finally it doesn't work yet. Perhaps, a solution may appear soon ?...
Meanwhile, i'm using the 1.03 driver version. It works well but it not possible to customize the 4 buttons.
About slimblade mouse, it's confortable trackball and the "new ring" system becomes addictive.
The cord material is "beautiful" but it's annoying because it become twisted and it not easy to de-twist it...

Philippe
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 June 2011, 17:30:52 by mb93 »

Offline mb93

Hi ripster,
I forget to introduce myself. I'm french and i live in Paris area.
In fact, i have become a trackball user due to "mouse elbow pain". It was really painful but it totally disseapears with trackball.
A colleage, had the same problem some years ago but I thought he was kidding. Unfornatuly he was not.
When i saw all this children using mice so intensively, i think trackball will be  the futur therapy device ?

So at beginning, it was for therapy reason but when you used to a trackball, it's difficult to come back to a mouse ;)

Best regards
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 June 2011, 03:34:44 by mb93 »

woody

Just remove the fancy driver and try whether it suits you. It's a standard pointing device, the worst could be some button surprise. No Windows with me to tell you more details.