Author Topic: [IC] Pizza Keyboards Pizza65 | Minimal Top-Mount 65%, Made in Italy  (Read 50800 times)

Offline raptorex1212

Re: [IC] Pizza Keyboards Pizza65 | Minimal Top-Mount 65%, Made in Italy
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 03:20:01 »
It is a very promising project, I wait for the gb good luck!

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 10:01:01 »
We are happy to announce that our website is now online. Pizza65 Group Buy will be hosted here October 26, 2020.
You can see an exclusive preview at all the features and the prices but you have to solve a small riddle to find out the password: What’s the most hated pizza topping?
Pizza65, PizzaPCB and all the accessories will ship worldwide and you will be able to order through our shop with many payment options. See you at the GB!
Website link: https://keyboards.pizza
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 October 2020, 10:26:19 by PizzaKeyboards »

Offline davisthegreat

• 3DKeebs
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 10:21:28 »
Nov. 2nd or 10/26 - ig says 10/26

Offline andtar2

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 10:22:41 »
What’s the most hated pizza topping?

hehe, I must been lucky to get that on first try :)

Is there a chance for aluminium ISO plate as well?
Anodized would be nice, but if not, plain brushed aluminium would be also awesome.

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 10:26:53 »
Nov. 2nd or 10/26 - ig says 10/26
my mistake i just corrected

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 11:32:43 »
What’s the most hated pizza topping?

hehe, I must been lucky to get that on first try :)

Is there a chance for aluminium ISO plate as well?
Anodized would be nice, but if not, plain brushed aluminium would be also awesome.
Good job!
For practical reasons the plate with the ISO layout will be available only in brass

Offline acaban

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 12:40:53 »
Good work!
some questions:

- do you have any other video of the keyboard, maybe with a different plate or switch?

- will the alu plate be also available in ISO? (here I'm really fussy because it is specified only for the brass plate)

- everyone around here is trending with gasket mounts, except contained prices, does the top mount offer something you prefer?

Offline Jo_hannes

• You can never learn less. You can only learn more.
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 14:48:32 »
I have a question with respect to pricing. When buying extras or the kit without PCB, the premium for brass (or ISO, as this forces me to but brass) is 35 EUR, but in the kit with PCB, the brass premium is 40 EUR. Would be nice if you correct this before this goes to GB. :)

Best
Johannes

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 16:01:06 »
I have a question with respect to pricing. When buying extras or the kit without PCB, the premium for brass (or ISO, as this forces me to but brass) is 35 EUR, but in the kit with PCB, the brass premium is 40 EUR. Would be nice if you correct this before this goes to GB. :)

Best
Johannes
Yes we are aware of this error should be already corrected, if you don’t see it on the website just wait a couple of minutes.
Thanks for reporting this to us  ;D

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 18:28:32 »
How can you not love pizza? Even if pizza is bad, it's still pizza.

Solid, simple design! I like it!

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
[IC] Pizza Keyboards Pizza65 | Minimal Top-Mount 65%, Made in Italy
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 18:36:14 »
Good work!
some questions:

- do you have any other video of the keyboard, maybe with a different plate or switch?

- will the alu plate be also available in ISO? (here I'm really fussy because it is specified only for the brass plate)

- everyone around here is trending with gasket mounts, except contained prices, does the top mount offer something you prefer?
Some more videos are work in progress, with both different switches and plates (mainly brass), they will come in a few days!
We are sorry but as you already imagined aluminum plate is ANSI only for now... and we choosed top-mount because we wanted to mantain decent prices while still producing in Germany. We are very pleased on how sound turned out after some tweaking  and we really think top-mount rapresents a solid choice, should be more considered by case maker in our opinion

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 00:00:43 »
The website mentions a ~2.5 month lead time; I'm curious how it's possible to get an unlimited group buy of a kit like this turned around so quickly?

Especially with it being an unlimited group buy, since most limited quantity in-stock sales of keyboards can often see schedule overages from experienced runners.

Offline tngpq

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 00:31:21 »
The website mentions a ~2.5 month lead time; I'm curious how it's possible to get an unlimited group buy of a kit like this turned around so quickly?

Especially with it being an unlimited group buy, since most limited quantity in-stock sales of keyboards can often see schedule overages from experienced runners.

Not sure where you saw that. The website says limited first run:

GROUP BUY STARTS 26/10/2020 AT 18:00 GMT
First Limited Run Shipping in Mid-December (2020)

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 03:40:23 »

We are still discussing GB limits with our production partners. What's sure for now is that we will be able to ship a limited first run of Pizza65 and PizzaPCB before 2021, having it made in Europe allow us to have much better delivery times and to work in close contact with our suppliers. The second, bigger Pizza65 batch will still come pretty soon in january/february. All the important things to know like quantities and eventually limitations will be specified on the preorder page. We basicallly had everything ready before publishing the IC, in the latest month we used our time to build our own group buy platform and  fix the last things in the prototypes, so we are more than ready for production, even if the growing interest in Pizza65 surprised us all and we really thank you for that. The only major issue about our fast production and shipping expectation could be COVID-19 limitations in Europe.

Offline Jo_hannes

• You can never learn less. You can only learn more.
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 04:34:08 »
We are still discussing GB limits with our production partners.

Thanks for the clarification. Really excited for this one, and probably smart to give yourselves a bit of headroom and not overpromise, because regardless of having everything signed up, the three colors and matching top and bottom still sound like quite a bit of QC work. I will try to be in for round 1, but if it only comes a bit later next year (I mean, we see what’s happening with Covid right now), then I’ll still be happy with it. Better to it well than do it quick. I guess, for those that need a board tomorrow, there are lots available on Amazon. ;)

Offline ainet

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 02:17:21 »
Only 5 days at the start of the group buy?
Finally a project with human waiting times!
Don't let me down

Offline dstaar

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 21 October 2020, 14:02:45 »
is this going to be compatible with dz65rgb v1/v2 pcb?
looks not as in the photos the bottom row always has blocker on the left of the 3 arrow keys.

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 02:08:29 »
Only 5 days at the start of the group buy?
Finally a project with human waiting times!
Don't let me down
Thanks, we'll do our best!

is this going to be compatible with dz65rgb v1/v2 pcb?
looks not as in the photos the bottom row always has blocker on the left of the 3 arrow keys.
Unfortunately the DZ65 having a fixed layout is not supported by our Pizza65, We are and we have tried some 65% pcb to be able to directly guarantee us the full compatibility, like the kbd67 Rev. 2 that works perfectly.
A general rule of thumb to see if the pcb you are going to get can work is that it must have the usb on the left side and it have to supports our same layout.

Offline Drako

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 03:35:48 »
I'm 13, and i'm a keyboard fan but do not have a custom mech. Anyway, i'm also italian, and this is the first Italian keyboard manufacturing company that i've come across! Buona fortuna!

Offline andtar2

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 03:55:40 »
We are and we have tried some 65% pcb to be able to directly guarantee us the full compatibility, like the kbd67 Rev. 2 that works perfectly.

https://kbdfans.com/collections/65/products/kbd65-65-custom-mechanical-keyboard-pcb

Just to make sure, this is KBD67 rev2 PCB you have tested?
Would like to make sure as Pizza65 PCB has a USB-C port standing out more like KBD67 MKII PCB and not KBD67 rev2.

254233-0

Offline dstaar

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 04:39:55 »
we'd better be 100% sure about this, there are "KBD67 rev2" and "KBD67 v2 MKII RGB PCB" that cannot both be compatible. 

the picture andtar2 posted above is "KBD67 rev2" (soldered pcb, no standing out usb-c, and it can be soldered exactly same layout as DZ65RGB which has no bottom row blocker)

the picture below is "KBD67 v2 MKII RGB PCB" (how-swap pcb, yes standing out usb-c, and it assumes the bottom row blocker),
it seems this one is compatible with Pizza65, while the "KBD67 rev2" does not.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 October 2020, 04:49:21 by dstaar »

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 04:59:33 »
We are and we have tried some 65% pcb to be able to directly guarantee us the full compatibility, like the kbd67 Rev. 2 that works perfectly.

https://kbdfans.com/collections/65/products/kbd65-65-custom-mechanical-keyboard-pcb

Just to make sure, this is KBD67 rev2 PCB you have tested?
Would like to make sure as Pizza65 PCB has a USB-C port standing out more like KBD67 MKII PCB and not KBD67 rev2.

(Attachment Link)

we'd better be 100% sure about this, there are "KBD67 rev2" and "KBD67 v2 MKII RGB PCB" that cannot both be compatible. 

the picture andtar2 posted above is "KBD67 rev2" (soldered pcb, no standing out usb-c, and it can be soldered exactly same layout as DZ65RGB which has no bottom row blocker)

the picture below is "KBD67 v2 MKII RGB PCB" (how-swap pcb, yes standing out usb-c, and it assumes the bottom row blocker),
it seems this one is compatible with Pizza65, while the "KBD67 rev2" does not.
The pcb we already tested and which is 100% compatible with our Pizza65 is the Kbd67 Rev.2, even if the USB port will be a bit more hidden inside the keeb than our custom PizzaPCB we designed the USB hole on the case to be compatible and let the cable pass through, and we are pretty sure Kbd67 V.2, wich is supporting the same layout, is compatible too, we are gonna test it in the future. Thank you for the questions, I hope I was as clear as possible.

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 05:01:00 »
I'm 13, and i'm a keyboard fan but do not have a custom mech. Anyway, i'm also italian, and this is the first Italian keyboard manufacturing company that i've come across! Buona fortuna!
Grazie Mille!  ;D

Offline dstaar

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 05:06:31 »
The pcb we already tested and which is 100% compatible with our Pizza65 is the Kbd67 Rev.2, even if the USB port will be a bit more hidden inside the keeb than our custom PizzaPCB we designed the USB hole on the case to be compatible and let the cable pass through, and we are pretty sure Kbd67 V.2, wich is supporting the same layout, is compatible too, we are gonna test it in the future. Thank you for the questions, I hope I was as clear as possible.
this is very clear now, thank you for the photo and the fast response!

Offline santela

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 12:18:37 »
I think I already know the answer, but would the kbd67 plate work with the pizza board?

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #125 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 19:01:20 »
I think I already know the answer, but would the kbd67 plate work with the pizza board?
No I'm sorry the plate of the kbd67 is not compatible with our Pizza65 unlike the pcb

Offline 1am_Icy

• Clickity Clackity
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 06:12:17 »
Are there any available images of the sides and bottom?

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 12:35:12 »
Are there any available images of the sides and bottom?
Yes, we uploaded it both on our instagram and on our site, I post some images below as well, hoping to do something pleasing  ;D

Offline acaban

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 12:37:22 »
hopping the picture train with this:

usually the red ano is really hard to get it right (not striped etc), do you have any real picture of a prototype of that color?
thanks!

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 12:49:56 »
hopping the picture train with this:

usually the red ano is really hard to get it right (not striped etc), do you have any real picture of a prototype of that color?
thanks!
At the moment we have not made any red prototypes  because as we decided at the beginning of the IC the colors we will produce are the first 3 classified colors of the interest check and recently the red was fighting with the green.
Of course we will make another prototype in red and post some photos as soon as we receive it

Offline acaban

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 18:43:50 »
ok thanks, one last thing, does the pcb you offer support ISO enter and split left shift?

Offline Kenny20x2

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 02:30:32 »
is the gb unlimited?

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 02:36:07 »
ok thanks, one last thing, does the pcb you offer support ISO enter and split left shift?
No im sorry our brass plate in the ISO layout offer only the support for the stepped capslock and double backspace.

is the gb unlimited?
Yes.  :cool:

Offline Drako

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 02:44:52 »
9 hours till groupbuy starts  :D

Offline acaban

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 03:08:10 »
No im sorry our brass plate in the ISO layout offer only the support for the stepped capslock and double backspace.

so even italians don't offer proper ISO for themselves  :'(

maybe I'll go with the ansi vesion and map <> somewhere else.

Offline cpt-nic

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 05:33:07 »

Hi, can you clarify again if your PCB supports full ISO? And can you release a plate file with full ISO support?

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 06:16:07 »

Hi, can you clarify again if your PCB supports full ISO? And can you release a plate file with full ISO support?
Our pcb supports split shift (1.25, 1u), ISO Enter, Split Backspace and Stepped Capslock.
As we announced on the website we will share .stl and .step files of both the plates, giving everyone the possibility to make his very own version

Offline cpt-nic

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 06:23:17 »
As we announced on the website we will share .stl and .step files of both the plates, giving everyone the possibility to make his very own version
So like with a pizza where I can choose my topping  :)
Sorry, Is missed that on the web page. Thanks for clarifying.

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 06:24:27 »
You just gave us the best marketing ispiration ever

Offline Omarpixel9

• I like keyboards and pixels
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 06:52:15 »
do I get a pizza with the keyboard
60% gasket mount

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 07:41:53 »

so even italians don't offer proper ISO for themselves  :'(

maybe I'll go with the ansi vesion and map <> somewhere else.
Maybe I misunderstood your question and gave you an incomplete answer.
I leave you below the two layouts available for the ISO layout and the ANSI layout
Thank you

Offline acaban

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 07:48:26 »
oh, yes we misunderstoo each other I think, if those layout are for both the plate and the pcb then in the ISO configuration the left shift is split (< to the right of the left shift in the italian keymap) , so the full ISO layout is supported! if that image was available somewhere I completely missed it, but it is really useful.
thanks.

Offline andtar2

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 08:48:15 »
I'm lost now ;) So PizzaPCB will support both ANSI and ISO layouts now?

Could you please post any mock-up/render/image of the PCB with ISO-support?
All images of the PCB on your website are with ANSI support only. 

Offline PizzaKeyboards

• Pizza Keyboards
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 09:17:08 »
I'm lost now ;) So PizzaPCB will support both ANSI and ISO layouts now?

Could you please post any mock-up/render/image of the PCB with ISO-support?
All images of the PCB on your website are with ANSI support only.
Sure, both ANSI and ISO! We are updating the website right now. This is our final PCB supporting both layouts

Offline cpt-nic

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 12:16:24 »
You just gave us the best marketing ispiration ever
I take a free board and we are square (Had to try that) ;)

Offline vrapan

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 13:14:54 »

We are still discussing GB limits with our production partners. What's sure for now is that we will be able to ship a limited first run of Pizza65 and PizzaPCB before 2021, having it made in Europe allow us to have much better delivery times and to work in close contact with our suppliers. The second, bigger Pizza65 batch will still come pretty soon in january/february. All the important things to know like quantities and eventually limitations will be specified on the preorder page. We basicallly had everything ready before publishing the IC, in the latest month we used our time to build our own group buy platform and  fix the last things in the prototypes, so we are more than ready for production, even if the growing interest in Pizza65 surprised us all and we really thank you for that. The only major issue about our fast production and shipping expectation could be COVID-19 limitations in Europe.

Mid december? Xmas gift then? :) I need to get me that KBD Rev 2 asap

Offline GrimMyth

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 14:33:39 »
Are there any hotswap PCBs that will fit this case?

Offline vrapan

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 14:48:07 »
Thre were a few mentioned further up but the one I am getting is the KBD67 Rev 2 which according to the creator has been tested for compatibility

Offline Guvnor

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 14:56:45 »
Mid december? Xmas gift then? :) I need to get me that KBD Rev 2 asap

The site says:
"Please note that this is a preorder ending the 26 november. Shipments are managed with a first come first served priority and starts soon in mid-january. "

Earlier message was
"GROUP BUY STARTS 26/10/2020 AT 18:00 GMT
First Limited Run Shipping in Mid-December (2020)"

So I conclude that I missed the first limited run.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2020, 15:00:05 by Guvnor »

Offline vrapan

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 15:18:53 »
I bought it in the first 5 mins so here is to hoping :)