Author Topic: KBDMania start english board  (Read 11056 times)

Offline djhan

KBDMania start english board
« on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 06:26:27 »
Hello, My name is DJ.HAN.
I'm master of korean keyboard community, KBDMania. yeap, not jedi master.

Anyway..... KBDMania was renewalled a few days ago. Also, we made english board!

english board address: http://kbdmania.net/xe/english

If you wanna talking with korean keyboard geeks, please come into our site. :biggrin: Thanks, Good luck!

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 07:15:01 »
Very cool!  Welcome to GeekHack!  This is really a truly awesome thing.  Thanks so much, djhan! :)  We can start something like a United Nations of Keyboards.  I am signing up now.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 08:55:49 »
The first post I read on that site APPEARS to be some keyboard community smack talk aimed towards the geekhack membership.

I don't think the users from this web site [geekhack] are as knowledgeable as the users in kbdmania, but this web site is pretty active, too.
If you are curious to know about US or Europe keyboard mania, I think this is the best to place to monitor.

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 09:07:02 »
Quote from: iMav;90409
The first post I read on that site APPEARS to be some keyboard community smack talk aimed towards the geekhack membership.
Maybe the author noticed that Chloe and sandy have stopped posting... :smile:

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 09:11:49 »

I don't think so.  I am not saying we aren't knowledgeable or that KBMania is, but when looking at other sites (like Sandy's), I do think there is a lot of information out there that we don't have.  I think this gap is closing, however.  As we learn more, our user base grows and the wiki improves, the community gets better everyday.  KBMania has been around longer than we have, and they are based in an area where it is much easier to get your hands on the more exotic keyboards, so they certainly have an advantage, if not a head start, over us.  I think this could be a great opportunity to share knowledge between the communities and make us both better.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 09:12:42 »
Quote from: lowpoly;90410
Maybe the author noticed that Chloe and sandy have stopped posting... :smile:

LOL.  Fortunately, they have done some marvelous work, as have others, with our wiki.

Offline Ulysses31

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 09:28:10 »
Maybe they'd know someone who could hook us up with Korea-only keyboards.  As for us "lacking knowledge", I personally wouldn't go around boasting about how much I knew about  keyboards - let's just say it probably wouldn't help me "make friends and influence people".  Besides, the members here know plenty, certainly enough to make informed decisions when buying these things.

I don't have the disposable income or the neurons to devote to being obsessed with collecting keyboards but based on the information I picked up here, I managed to purchase a quality device that I enjoy using, and that's just fine for me.  Besides, there are so many great watches out there, and I MUST have them!

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 09:45:27 »
Another board doesn't hurt :) I love scouring sandys old posts...chockfull of information.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 10:53:25 »
Quote from: webwit;90441
Ours are bigger than theirs.

Well, I don't know.  I am sure they have full-size keyboa...

Oh.

Offline pmyshkin

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 14:10:27 »

You misquoted that post and left out the double negation, which confused me quite a bit:

I DON'T think the users from this web site are NOT as knowledgeable as the users in kbdmania

Is that a typo, or is he saying geekhack is as knowledgeable as as kbdmania?

Offline iMav

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 14:36:34 »
I don't mind the first point all that much.  But the insinuation of the second point that the newly-launched KBDMania english forums is a better place for US and Europe keyboard knowledge is ridiculous.  IMHO.

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 14:36:38 »
With the double negation, the following "but" doesn't make any sense. It's confusing in any case.

Anyway, it does seem like the folks down there in Southeast Asia are a little ahead in terms of keyboard geekery. You have to wonder why that is, leaving aside the availability of fancy 'boards (though I do think it's not an unimportant factor).
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 14:39:46 »
Quote from: iMav;90470
I don't mind the first point all that much. But the insinuation of the second point that the newly-launched KBDMania english forums is a better place for US and Europe keyboard knowledge is ridiculous. IMHO.

This I would agree with, but I don't think it is the case. Actually, I think it is a shout out to GeekHack. I think what the poster meant was that GH is the place to watch for "Western" keyboard mania.

Offline iMav

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 14:52:39 »
Quote from: itlnstln;90472
This I would agree with, but I don't think it is the case. Actually, I think it is a shout out to GeekHack. I think what the poster meant was that GH is the place to watch for "Western" keyboard mania.
While that makes more sense, it isn't nearly as dramatic and fun.  :)

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 14:55:23 »
Quote from: iMav;90477
While that makes more sense, it isn't nearly as dramatic and fun. :)

True.  I don't think DJ.HAN would have been trying to recruit from here, either, if they thought that poorly of us.  Unless there was some weird intentions of philanthropy on his part by "blessing" us with their site, but I doubt it.

Offline huha

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 15:57:36 »
It can't hurt to have several 'boards, can it?

-huha
Unicomp Endurapro 105 (blank keycaps, BS) // Cherry G80-3000LSCDE-2 (blues, modded to green MX) // Cherry G80-3000LAMDE-0 (blacks, 2x) // Cherry G80-11900LTMDE-0 (blacks, 2x) // Compaq G80-11801 (browns) // Epson Q203A (Fujitsu Peerless) // IBM Model M2 (BS) // Boscom AS400 Terminal Emulator (OEM\'d Unicomp, BS, 2x) // Dell AT102DW (black Alps) // Mechanical Touch (chinese BS) Acer 6312-KW (Acer mechanics on membrane) // Cherry G84-4100 (ML) // Cherry G80-1000HAD (NKRO, blacks)

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 15:59:19 »
Quote from: huha;90488
It can't hurt to have several 'boards, can it?

-huha

Definitely not.  I think it's great.

Offline o2dazone

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 16:15:14 »
Wercome to Geekhack ^___________^ Please to be enjoy our successfur keyboalds

Offline jjinjjin

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 19:49:04 »
Nice to meet you, guys. I came from KBDMania in Korea. I am just a normal member in there. My site began an english board just a few days ago. Then an english contents are less than here. Even thoush less information, I am proud of my site and members that we have a lot of information of  keyboard.

We and i try to make a lot of english contents since now. ;-)
Please visit my site and leave your message in english board.

I am sorry that My english is poor. Have a nice day....
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 May 2009, 01:15:20 by jjinjjin »

Offline jjinjjin

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 12 May 2009, 22:07:32 »
Thanks ripster.
356X keyboard is handmade keyboard wich was made by the one of member of KBDmania.
It has 3 series. 356N, 356L and 356CL. It has different cherry switch in each types.

It you want to know it, please visit here..
1. 356CL gun metal : http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/?mid=photo&search_target=title&search_keyword=356&document_srl=602673
2. 356N acrylic : http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/?mid=photo&search_target=title&search_keyword=356&document_srl=585909
3. 356N nude : http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/?mid=photo&search_target=title&search_keyword=356&document_srl=585875

* search url : http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/?mid=photo&category=&search_target=title&search_keyword=356
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 May 2009, 22:16:52 by jjinjjin »

Offline pmyshkin

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 13 May 2009, 00:04:37 »
Quote from: jjinjjin;90520
356X keyboard is handmade keyboard wich was made by the one of member of KBDmania.
It has 3 series. 356N, 356L and 356CL. It has different cherry switch in each types.

The aluminum one looks awesome. It seems like the case is machined out of a single chunk of aluminum.

Offline msiegel

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 13 May 2009, 00:12:20 »
Wow. The only way we're gonna compete with those guys is to make a mini HHKB-style  board out of an IBM Model F
:D

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 13 May 2009, 00:23:41 »
Great.  We can add another thing America is losing to Korea in.

Is it bad enough they have faster broadband, better vampire-themed comics, cars which can last 100,000 miles without falling apart, and light, crisp onion-style snacks.  

Evidently now they have better exotic keyboards too.

When did we lose the game?
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline ohdh2003

« Last Edit: Wed, 13 May 2009, 00:35:49 by ohdh2003 »
How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver! [Proverbs 16:16]

Offline lowpoly

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 13 May 2009, 05:27:41 »
I'm under the impression that Asian geekhack members don't hang around here for very long. So it's good to have another channel of communication.

And welcome, ohdh2003.

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today