Author Topic: Any Keycap Manufacturers in the USA? Of any size...?  (Read 2419 times)

Offline DonFolders

Any Keycap Manufacturers in the USA? Of any size...?
« on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 02:38:27 »
Other than Signature Plastics, is there any other manufacturer of keycaps that make their product here in the USA I might check with for a project? 

Besides Covid19 making anything overseas a no-go at the moment, I'd like to find someone here to work with if possible. 

I'm interested in having a custom set of keycaps made with a specific font, and I'm open to quantity, choosing from some of what they are already able to do, etc...  I don't need to do a group buy, I'm fine with purchasing the quantity myself, etc.

Is there anyone in the USA that I might check with?  Even if they do low number runs, with lesser machinery and tooling.  I'd appreciate any suggestions if anyone knows of anyone I should check with.

Thanks!

Offline diazel

Re: Any Keycap Manufacturers in the USA? Of any size...?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 16:17:39 »
Jumping on the train here because I'd like to know as well!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Any Keycap Manufacturers in the USA? Of any size...?
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 01:18:42 »
not unless you know someone with $150k and an injection molding machine
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90