Author Topic: Greetings & Hello Comrades!  (Read 1109 times)

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
Greetings & Hello Comrades!
« on: Thu, 04 April 2013, 16:48:30 »
I've been here for a while and never properly introduced myself.

I got started in keyboards late last year. Through trackballs.

I had a logitech M570 and used Reddit quite a bit, so naturally I subscribed to the trackballs subreddit. Now those who have seen this subreddit will know it's run by somebody quite infamous over here. Somebody who runs a keyboard related subreddit as well. This is how I was introduced to mechanical keyboards.

I got myself a Unicomp (Which is actually broken as of now, I've been too lazy to rma it) and figured that would be enough for forever. My second board was a MX Brown Quickfire Pro. Got it to keep the noise down. Then a MX Blue Pure (Fancy limited edition one with purple lights and black aluminum case) because it was nice and portable. This was my first smaller than full size board. I found I liked the layout more even at my desk. I then got a MX Black poker with o-rings and everything so I could take it to classes at uni. And for games. And because at this point I was already addicted. Just wait till you hear the excuse for my next board. I got a MX Green Quickfire Rapid to go with some IMSTO thick pbt caps I got off the classifieds. I'm actually typing this on said board. I plan to get two GH60s, a GH60 like board but with lights (even if I have to make it myself) and then call it done. Just like I said I would after every other board.

Now about me in general. I was born in 93 (If I said my age it would be wrong in a matter of months anyway) and am attending uni at Missouri S&T. Outside keyboards I like to mess around with electricity (I prefer large dangerous amounts of current, but small circuits are fine when I'm stuck in my dorm), duct tape, and very amateur metalwork (mostly welding). I also climb most weekends and boulder most Thursdays so that may partly explain my leaning to heavy switches.

I guess that's about it until I think of more stuff to say later.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 April 2013, 17:58:46 by CommunistWitchDr »

Offline aggiejy

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Greetings & Hello Comrades!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 06 April 2013, 22:26:28 »
Welcome to geekhack!

Offline zelo205

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 04:28:45 »
Hello and welcome to the forum... nice to meet you and good to see around you.

I am newbie here..hope to get help from you

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 April 2013, 10:34:11 »
Welcome to the forums!
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb