Author Topic: [IC] GMK Urban Jungle (Fixed Renders)  (Read 15908 times)

Offline zeroisnothing

Re: [IC] GMK Urban Jungle (Fixed Renders)
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 24 April 2019, 14:41:42 »
finally a green set that I want!

Offline Blanki3

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 18:34:09 »
This looks really good! looking for a kit to match a m60a sage

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 23:40:08 »
Just found out about this set.

First, that alpha color selection is absolutely fantastic. Looks more true matcha to me than gmk green tea.

I can't say I like the mod pairing. While I don't have anything better in mind yet, it seems like the contrast is too high there. I don't think it's bad at all, but I do think it's not fulfilling its full potential. Maybe a lighter grey mod with the matcha alphas might be worth trying.

This set kinda reminds me of Nier Automata because the game does have an urban jungle setting to it. Looking at google images for ideas.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 23:43:59 »
I really like this set. The colors seem to go well together.

Offline Possumx

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 10:41:58 »
Interested. +1 for NorDeUK

Offline pngu

• send noots
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 23:25:40 »
I'll update this in the coming days, been pretty busy, sorry.

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 30 July 2019, 23:35:51 »
Don't let this die please  ;D

Offline yaya

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 09:04:49 »
Can the mono mods include the numpad modifiers too?

Offline GraffitiDecos

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 07:32:12 »
In love with this set. Like that you've split up the numpad as well.
I'm relatively new to mechanical keyboards but I'vee noticed a trend with this. I just don't understand it. I recognize that most mid-high end keyboards are focusing on the 60-80% keyboard. However, Ive seen a lot of people say they add a Numpad to their 60-80% for various work they do.

As someone who uses the Numpad daily (accountant over here) it's madening to have to pay 50$ for a Numpad kit on top of the base kit. I picked up GMK nines as my first set. I got it after GB closed as an extra for 140$ and it has Numpad and a crazy amount of layout support.
But hey, at least it has support. I feel bad for the norde users out there. As a French Canadian I fully understand the Legend issues. (I got back and forth between Canadian french and English. It's a daily struggle to find those special characters!)

That's being said, this is the first colored set that I really like! Can't wait.
Hopefully we can get enough num support to bring the cost down!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline chakkii

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 08:12:00 »
+1 for NORDE kit :) Im a ISO-DE user myself :)

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 07 August 2019, 09:07:43 »
In love with this set. Like that you've split up the numpad as well.
I'm relatively new to mechanical keyboards but I'vee noticed a trend with this. I just don't understand it. I recognize that most mid-high end keyboards are focusing on the 60-80% keyboard. However, Ive seen a lot of people say they add a Numpad to their 60-80% for various work they do.

As someone who uses the Numpad daily (accountant over here) it's madening to have to pay 50$ for a Numpad kit on top of the base kit. I picked up GMK nines as my first set. I got it after GB closed as an extra for 140$ and it has Numpad and a crazy amount of layout support.
But hey, at least it has support. I feel bad for the norde users out there. As a French Canadian I fully understand the Legend issues. (I got back and forth between Canadian french and English. It's a daily struggle to find those special characters!)
It's a symptom of a prevailing mindset that the majority of people shouldn't have to pay for a minority layout. As you say, ISO support has suffered even more than numpad users (there's usually enough numpad buyers in any given GB for it to hit MOQ).

The main cause of this change is GMK's high prices and high MOQ. Designers have to worry about getting enough support to get the set made, and if the base is too expensive some people won't join. With manus with lower MOQs, like Signature Plastics or Keyreative, kits are split even further.