Author Topic: [IC] DSA Dolch MOD YBP ISO ESC & NOR caps (Production finished)  (Read 9578 times)

Offline mangaeva

[IC] DSA Dolch MOD YBP ISO ESC & NOR caps (Production finished)
« on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 05:59:38 »
UPDATE: Sales are Closed on this thread since this isn't considered an Interest Check any more! I will create a proper thread for this in the forum sometime soon and will be back with a link.

Dear all!

I am going to copy paste the description from my post on Deskthority, so you don't have to go there necessarily to get some idea of the project. :)

------insert-----

They say third time is the charm and this seems to be the case here.
After I have been properly enlightened about the price of the set which I wanted to make before, I had to make some changes to keep myself in the price bracket I set up for myself. First I went down to 5 keycaps but I really liked the Broken circle arrow key so I asked SP to give me a price that included this keycap as well.

This resulted in the following doubleshot keycaps to be included in the MOD:

-YBP color ESC key
-YBP color ~` key
-YBP color Broken circle arrow key
-GE color Å (Norwegian / Danish)
-GE color Ø (Norwegian / Danish)
-GE color Æ (Norwegian / Danish)

(I am really sorry my Swedish comrades)

PRICE AND SHIPPING

Even though production per set costs 18.3 USD, I am selling the sets with a 14.5 USD/set price.

I have asked SP if shipping to individual addresses would be possible, but sadly it's not an option.
The produced keycaps are going to be sent to Hungary (my parents are helping out in this. Love'em!) as shipping worldwide is cheaper from there.

Shipping cost for everyone, all around world, is 3,5 USD. It's going to be priority mail.

THE DEAL

My goal with this thread is to promote the set, gain potential buyers who are interested in hopping on the wagon with me, thus lightening the blow on my own wallet since the difference to other usual group buys is that I am paying for the full production upfront. No-one has to wait for the 23 people to be gathered for the set to be realized/go under production.

So incase you are interested, please let me know via a comment or PM and I am going to include you in the list below.
I am grateful for anyone who is willing to join. :) I would be happy if I could get together 8 people this time around as well.

1. romevi (deskthority) (paid)(sent)
2. nobodyknowsmyname (deskthority) (paid)(sent)
3. t8c (deskthority)
4. esteban (geekhack) (paid)(sent)
5. bluesoul (deskthority) (paid)(sent)
6. rrrsss (deskthority)
7. lifeinvader (deskthority) (paid)(sent)
8. orcinus (paid)(sent)
9. bosper (deskthority) (paid)(sent)
10. jsxo (deskthority) (paid)(sent)
11. ocodo (deskthority) (paid)(sent)
12. kasajack (reddit) (paid)(sent)
13. xondat (reddit) (paid)(sent)
14. nicholasferber (reddit) (paid)(sent)
(and so on and so on :) )

PRODUCTION AND SHIPPING OF YOUR ORDER

Production is finished (Photo of the 6 keys is added below) and the caps are being shipped to Hungary on the 26th of October. Going to take ca. 1-2 weeks to arrive to my parents house and then my Mom (I love her to bits) going to help me to ship out the keycaps to you all.

Current status: Under Customs in Hungary

FUN FACTS

As it turns out even though Scandinavian legends and the Broken circle arrow symbol has been used on other sets before, Those were produced via another method so the molds for these characters are nonexistent right now. Hence the higher price per keycap. I found this interesting as one would have thought at least the Scandinavian keycaps molds exist.

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST
http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/dsa-dolch-mod-yellow-esc-keycaps-and-norwegian-keycaps-looking-for-8-t11604.html#p254577

Everyone is welcome who wishes to join :)

Thank you~

« Last Edit: Thu, 03 December 2015, 10:47:40 by mangaeva »

Offline blastoid

Re: [IC] DSA Dolch MOD Yellow ESC, ~`, Broken circle arrow keycaps and NO keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 09:49:49 »
Is this finalized? I would love HUNT dishes in GE for Dvor/mak. My DSA Dolch set is configured for Qwerty ATM, and that saddens me.

Offline mangaeva

Re: [IC] DSA Dolch MOD Yellow ESC, ~`, Broken circle arrow keycaps and NO keycaps
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 10:02:20 »
Is this finalized? I would love HUNT dishes in GE for Dvor/mak. My DSA Dolch set is configured for Qwerty ATM, and that saddens me.

Hei blastoid. It is finalized. I am afraid I don't get this part: "HUNT dishes in GE for Dvor/mak". I am curious, could you explain it to me? :)

Offline ika

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 10:14:23 »

Hei blastoid. It is finalized. I am afraid I don't get this part: "HUNT dishes in GE for Dvor/mak". I am curious, could you explain it to me? :)

He wants deep-dish H/U/N/T letters in GE color for DVORAK/COLEMAK layout, and is asking if your set is finalized or if it was possible to add these keys to it.

Offline blastoid

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 10:48:03 »

He wants deep-dish H/U/N/T letters in GE color for DVORAK/COLEMAK layout, and is asking if your set is finalized or if it was possible to add these keys to it.
Correct. Part of what is great about DSA is the ability to use any layout you want, but the only homing keys provided are F and J. If you use any other layout, good luck finding the right spot without looking.

Dvorak uses U/H and Colemak uses T/N, so they're usually lumped together as "HUNT."

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 12:11:55 »

Correct. Part of what is great about DSA is the ability to use any layout you want, but the only homing keys provided are F and J. If you use any other layout, good luck finding the right spot without looking.

Dvorak uses U/H and Colemak uses T/N, so they're usually lumped together as "HUNT."

Ahh, thank you very much for the explanation :) very informative. I am sad that I have to say that I can't help you there. SP misinformed me about the price for my original set in January, so I had more buttons in that one, but once it turned out that I cannot fit more keys than six into what I have planned, the set is pretty much full.

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 01:32:54 »
GOOD NEWS AND UPDATES

Good News everyone! The production has been paid for. Expected lead time 6 weeks.
The keycaps has to be shipped to Hungary first as individual shipping is not possible to everyone from SP, however since shipping is cheaper from Hungary than Norway, the shipping cost for everyone all around the World is 3,5 USD.

I have updated the "PRICE AND SHIPPING" and "PRODUCTION AND SHIPPING OF YOUR ORDER" sections at the beginning of the thread. You can find more information there.

If you have any questions, don't hold yourself back. :)

Offline mangaeva

Added to the title the date when production is expected to be finished. :)

Offline t8c

Re: [IC] DSA Dolch MOD YBP ISO ESC & NOR caps (Looking for 5)(prod:02.11.2015)
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 04:24:01 »
If everything works out right I hope to combine this with Ivans GMK dolch!

Offline dutC4

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 04:58:17 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 16:07:50 by dutC4 »

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 05:32:29 »

I also would like to point out as dutC4 said, this set is DSA form design.  Did you take that into consideration?

It's quite different from the one used for the Ivans GMK Dolch. (At least the images I could find of it)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 11:07:07 »

...What?

Offline t8c

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 11:32:42 »
DSA and Cherry together?

hehe I forgot to think that one through. Ivans set has the best icons, but I am addicted to spherical. So many choices.

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 12:05:14 »

hehe I forgot to think that one through. Ivans set has the best icons, but I am addicted to spherical. So many choices.

I am just glad it came to surface before you got your package, opened it up and got confused~ :) When ever you are ready just let me know what you want and I can remove your name from the list any time, might you decide not to hopp onto my wagon.

Offline t8c

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 13:47:44 »

I am just glad it came to surface before you got your package, opened it up and got confused~ :) When ever you are ready just let me know what you want and I can remove your name from the list any time, might you decide not to hopp onto my wagon.
I definitely am still in. Still on the fence on the Ivan dolch, but I'd rather just wait for a icon pack like his in DSA profile!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 13:55:38 »

I definitely am still in. Still on the fence on the Ivan dolch, but I'd rather just wait for a icon pack like his in DSA profile!

Definitely get Ivan's set. All.

Did Ivan ever make a DSA set?

Offline mangaeva

Re: [IC] DSA Dolch MOD YBP ISO ESC & NOR caps (Looking for 4)(prod:02.11.2015)
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 14:54:02 »
Looking for 4 more people to reach my personal goal~ :)

Offline mangaeva

Re: [IC] DSA Dolch MOD YBP ISO ESC & NOR caps (Looking for 3)(prod:02.11.2015)
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 04 October 2015, 05:18:00 »
Looking for 3 more people to reach my personal goal~

Offline mangaeva

Re: [IC] DSA Dolch MOD YBP ISO ESC & NOR caps (Looking for 2)(prod:02.11.2015)
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 07:29:13 »
Looking for 2 more to reach my personal goal~ :)

Offline mangaeva

Re: [IC] DSA Dolch MOD YBP ISO ESC & NOR caps (Looking for 1)(prod:02.11.2015)
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 21 October 2015, 16:20:39 »
Looking for 1 more to reach my personal goal~ :D

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 14:36:54 »
Good News everyone!
I just received the info from SP that the keycaps are expected to be shipped to Hungary on Monday (26.10.2015), that's a whole week earlier than previously calculated. This is great because it will take 1-2 weeks for it to arrive to Hungary so we can start shipping out the sets to all of you sooner thanks to this. :)

Also I am going to receive some photos of the keycaps from SP when they are shipped, which I am going to add to this thread.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 15:02:50 »
Good News everyone!
I just received the info from SP that the keycaps are expected to be shipped to Hungary on Monday (26.10.2015), that's a whole week earlier than previously calculated. This is great because it will take 1-2 weeks for it to arrive to Hungary so we can start shipping out the sets to all of you sooner thanks to this. :)

Also I am going to receive some photos of the keycaps from SP when they are shipped, which I am going to add to this thread.

Great!
I am hungry for this set.

*wah wah*

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 22 October 2015, 15:09:48 »
Great!
I am hungry for this set.

*wah wah*

I see what you did there. ;D

Offline mangaeva

Re: [IC] DSA Dolch MOD YBP ISO ESC & NOR caps (Looking for 1)(prod:26.10.2015)
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 14:37:33 »
The keys are being shipped to Hungary today! SP was nice to send me a photo of the set, even if the lighting isn't really ideal~

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: [IC] DSA Dolch MOD YBP ISO ESC & NOR caps (Looking for 1)(prod:26.10.2015)
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 14:47:22 »
The keys are being shipped to Hungary today! SP was nice to send me a photo of the set, even if the lighting isn't really ideal~
Show Image

Yay!

Offline mangaeva

Re: [IC] DSA Dolch MOD YBP ISO ESC & NOR caps (Looking for 1)(ship:26.10.2015)
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 03:42:39 »
Added a screenshot of the tracking info of the package to the end of the post. I think it just left the US soil yesterday :)

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 09:34:45 »
The package departed from Amsterdam today, so it's definitely in Europe~ I am hoping it reaches Hungary this week so it can go under the Toll procedures and that it can finally arrive at my parent's house next week :)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 04 November 2015, 09:36:23 »
The package departed from Amsterdam today, so it's definitely in Europe~ I am hoping it reaches Hungary this week so it can go under the Toll procedures and that it can finally arrive at my parent's house next week :)

Sweet...

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 04:17:00 »
Package is under customs in Hungary! Have updated the screenshot.

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 02:08:33 »
I added the Screenshot of the Hungarian post office tracking site. The last information suggests that the letter has been sent out to me parents about the package (The Hungarian customs system is a bit silly, we have to declare that we intend to pay the toll and get the package. Of course we want to, duh!). They should be getting the letter today or tomorrow, so once we send the reply to the customs department, the package should be finally in my parents hands after some days afterwards :) Thank you for the patience from all of you~

Offline mangaeva

Re: [IC] DSA Dolch MOD YBP ISO ESC & NOR caps (Produced! Come and BUY!)
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 02:57:39 »
I updated the title so that maybe it's more obvious this way that there are still sets available to people who want to buy :)

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 14:17:22 »
We have finally got the letter from customs, I had to fill in some data, signed it and sent a scanned version to their e-mail address (Thank the gods I didn't have to send it back via mail) So next week I really cross my fingers that the package is finally going to be delivered to my parents house :D

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 13 November 2015, 14:21:54 »
We have finally got the letter from customs, I had to fill in some data, signed it and sent a scanned version to their e-mail address (Thank the gods I didn't have to send it back via mail) So next week I really cross my fingers that the package is finally going to be delivered to my parents house :D

:thumb:

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 01:18:40 »
I forgot to update the shipping info on Monday. I have updated the screenshot now :)
They have got the info I needed to send and it has been forwarded to NAV (the authority handling these things) on the same day. I am expecting some movement today :) will let you guys know when things finally start rolling.

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 06:06:44 »
The keycaps have arrived to the post office! My parents are picking it up today! I am going to upload a photo of the goodies and then we are getting onto packing them for you guys. :)

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 10:25:42 »
Added a photo of the sets :D (Finally) Tonight I discuss the next step with my parents and that is to send them out. Stay tuned~

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 11:59:46 »
Added a photo of the sets :D (Finally) Tonight I discuss the next step with my parents and that is to send them out. Stay tuned~

What a tease. I'm setting them aside for Christmas with my full Dolch set but this makes me excited.

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 14:34:28 »
Hei guys! Sorry it's been a really busy day today. Have some time writing before heading to bed. I talked with my parents and they asked for the weekend to prepare everything so the sets to all of you, who have paid so far, are finally going to be sent out on Monday. Depending on where you live I would hope that in 1-2 weeks most of you going to receive theirs. It's really up to the snail mail to make that happen~ :) Thank you so much for the patience and support from all of you which I have received so far. I am just as excited as you guys, as I have to wait for the keycaps to arrive to me as well :p Goodnight!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 14:45:41 »
 :thumb:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 06:57:46 »
Just thinking, shouldn't you have a GB thread? Thanks for the update, lets hope snail mail is good in the coming weeks :p

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 12:11:53 »
Hey guys! All envelops have been labeled and filled. All ready for shipping on Monday~ Did a double check on things while we put them together (All hail Skype for helping me out in that)

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 12:13:22 »
Just thinking, shouldn't you have a GB thread? Thanks for the update, lets hope snail mail is good in the coming weeks :p

I should but one can't just open one :) so I went with IC back then. However once I have received my set I am making some new photos and going to appear on the Market pages where maybe more people get to stumble upon them~

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 01:24:49 »
Good morning everyone! I apologize I couldn't write yesterday. I wanted to but then I feel asleep xp. The sets have been finally sent yesterday to everyone who have paid :). I really hope they going to reach all of you in the upcoming weeks. They have been sent as priority mail so at least that is going to help a bit with the speed. (No tracking number. Would have had to send it as a package then, which would have been way more expensive). Now the nerve wrecking wait begins :D I am going to check my mail box every day that's for sure.

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 28 November 2015, 06:35:52 »
Finally got my package! Added some photos to the front page :D

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 07:24:15 »
I think it's here! Not opening any of my packages until Christmas, but it's a small package from Hungary. The pictures look great, only 24 sleeps! :thumb:

Offline mangaeva

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 10:18:29 »
I think it's here! Not opening any of my packages until Christmas, but it's a small package from Hungary. The pictures look great, only 24 sleeps! :thumb:
I admire your patience! Hope you going to like them :D

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [IC] DSA Dolch MOD YBP ISO ESC & NOR caps (Production finished)
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 26 December 2015, 16:43:39 »

Finally got them, and they're great. Thanks for running this.