Author Topic: [GB] SA By the Sea - Shipping Now!  (Read 60169 times)

Offline THRILLHOIAF

[GB] SA By the Sea - Shipping Now!
« on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 11:33:14 »

Updates Hub

07/06/18 - Second Round of Color Samples!

More
Hey guys, exciting stuff! I got a second round of color samples for the set and I'm REALLY stoked on them.

with the original colors I was pretty stoked and happy! However I wanted to see some them pop a bit more, a little bit lighter and not so flat/muted. We definitely got that 100% with the latest batch

Inside lighting conditions:

Natural lighting conditions:

E-mail sent to Melissa to confirm selections
Materials ordered for manufacturing

05/25/18 - Colors samples arrived

More

Hey guys I just received color chip samples in from SP!

I'll let you all peep the album, I tried to cover as many different lighting scenarios throughout the day to best capture how each color changes in different settings. Will add more when I get home so everyone can see what the colors look like in a mildly bright computer/gaming room.

https://imgur.com/a/6jeh3Ia

Overall I think these are a good start! In bright light all the colors are near bang on with the pantone guide and are quite accurate to the render! That being said, I noticed throughout the day as lighting changed, that the color samples also varied quite heavily from being near-bang-on to "that doesnt seem right?"

Fortunately with a production slot of Q4 this year, we've got plenty of time to nail down the colors, and while this was a good start, I think I'm going to do my due diligence and see if I can refine these to be more accurate

To be more specific, I'm going to request chip samples in a couple near-identical pantones to see how they compare, and ask to see if they can provide  the current pantones  but with their bases (magenta/cyan) a bit brighter, just so we have something to compare to!

But yah like I said, I still think the colors look great, really captures the palette of the film and really look great together!

Cheers!

EDIT:

^Picture in my comp dungeon - SA Camping for color scale (Camping also uses WCK alphas)

4/15/18 - Updates, final numbers, production schedule, novelties
More
Hey everyone sorry for the lack of update since our GB ended, been busy fine tuning the details with SP, but I wanted to give everyone an update on where we're at!

Final Kit Numbers
Base Kits: 108
Novelties: 82
Numpads: 53
Non-Standard Adapters: 56

We sold quite well with our basekits and fortunately JUST cracked the 50 MOQ for the numpads and NSAdapter kits! Thank god too, because if we didn't crack the 50MOQ for the 2, then we'd have probably had to refund the entire groupbuy, so hooray for making it everybody!

Production Schedule
Payment was submitted officially to Signature Plastics on 04/10/18 so we've secured our spot on the production schedule

With Pulse R2 and a crapton of other SA set orders coming in just prior to ours, our spot on the production schedule got bumped down to Q4 of this year 2018

Artwork/Novelty Tweaks
and finally, just minor tweaks to some of the novelties had to be made due to SP's tooling restrictions

mainly, parts of the sisters and boat novelties being too thing

I've submitted revised artwork for SP to work with, so I'll hear back soon enough whether the revised works or not!

-so in the original, the mouth on the sisters was too thin and thus became a block outline, I also smoothed out the eyes a bit so she's less derpy lookin
-then the boats rudder handle was too close to the boat so it had to be raised, but raising it goofed with the scale of the boat itself, so I had to raise the cabin up, and make it look a little rounder to balance it out! kind of what I wanted it to look like in the first place, the original was a bit too thin which wasnt really keeping with the movie
-artwork was also split on the boat novelty, so for the 1u boat novelty, the rudder handle will not have a hand-hole on it for the 1u novelty

again these are tentative changes, for all I know these revisions might not be good enough and more will have to come, but I thought I'd keep everyone up to date with any revisions that need to be made since we got a ways until we enter production stages :)

Thanks for bearing with me guys! Apologies for the lack of updates the past couple weeks, hopefully this one answers enough questions :)

TLDR

• Payment submitted to SP 04/10/18
  • Production tentatively scheduled for Q4 2018
  • Artwork needed updating on Sisters and Boat novelties
  • Kit numbers were good!

here's an incredibly rushed/lazy render of the set on the upcoming Espectro for your patience!

More

03/26/18 - Groupbuy purchase phase concluded!

More
I'm stoked guys we made it through the groupbuy phase! Looks like we've met MOQ for our most important kits. I hope to provide total kits sold counts and other details about how the buy went asap, just bare with me while i sort numbers and other details out with Dave from Mechkeys.ca.

Again big thanks to all those who supported this set from the very beginning and every person who joined the gb. I hope we can get this bad boy in everybody's hands as soon as possible

March 26th Update Continued

Attention all those who purchased the Blanks and 40s kit...

I sadly regret to inform you that we unfortunately undersold on the 40s kit, and after careful evaluation of our numbers, couldn't find a justifiable way to get the 40s set made :(

An e-mail will be sent out from Mechkeys later tonight asking those who bought the 40s set if they wish to refund JUST their 40s set, or their entire order

I'm really sorry guys, I really tried my hardest to sell the 40s kit to prospective buyers (I think 50% of my reddit posts highlighted BTS on a 40%) and I truly believed that the great coverage would be enticing enough to get the MOQ met, but unfortunately it was just not in the stars for us on this run!

Believe me when I say we evaluated our options of buying up the remainder of the sets at the bare minimum MOQ, however we found that it would mean the groupbuy taking on a huge loss, and would leave us with a handful of 40s kits that would have to be sold at nearly double the original sell price in order to break even :(

And to the few who bought blanks kits, thank you so much for believing in the sets color scheme enough to get blanks! I honestly wasnt sure there would be a single set sold, but to you who believed in the set that much, much love you're my heroes!

All this being said, I'm ecstatic we made it with the rest of the kits, and as the recent owner of a beautiful silver Pearl, and the equally unique CONTRA, I was really crossing my fingers that the 40s kit made it, but my mama always told me to never give up on something you believe in, so maybe not today but in the future, us 40s freaks can figure something out :)

Again sorry for the inconvenience everyone, and I hope you understand that we did everything we could to try make it happen :)

Cheers
Cody

03/20/18 - Update

More
Forgot to update this one, but due to losing a couple days off the kit-revamp we decided to extend the GB finish date to the 24th!

03/14/18 - Update

More
Hey everyone sorry I've been stingy with the updates! Have been waiting on kit sales from our proxies before I provided an idea on how we doing! But can't wait forever since theres only 6 DAYS LEFT!!! wooooooah time flies!

Current numbers of our NA groupbuy can be found here

These numbers dont include our vendor purchases or personal purchases! Hopefully we'll get up to date numbers from our EU proxy and we'll be able to give a more comprehensive look into how we're doing!

Right now I'm hopeful that we'll meet MOQ on a few of the kits! I'm prepped to do whatever I can to make sure the other sets get made as well, for now I'll just do what I can to promote the set and try to get as many last minute buyers as possible in on this beauty!

Thanks everyone for your patience!
2/20/1 - Kit Revamp Update

TL;DR - Refunds issued on original kits across all proxies, so don't be alarmed if you see a refund on your account - it's so you can purchase the set at even cheaper price than before!

Sale Concluded March.24th

NA: Mechkeys.ca
EU:Mykeyboard.eu
CHINA only:zFrontier

Kits
sold @ MECHKEYS.CA in CANADIAN DOLLARS

Base Kit - $129.95 CAD

40% - $94.95 CAD
Did not Meet MOQ
More

Non Standard Adapter - $59.95 CAD

Novelties - $54.95 CAD

Numpad - $49.95 CAD

Blanks - $79.95 CAD
Did not Meet MOQ
More

KIT ALBUM

USD Prices
More
I know theres a lot of confusion because we are selling from a Canadian website in Canadian dollars, here are the prices in USD for all you folks wondering how much our Canadian dollar is worth (spoiler, not much)

• Base kit - $102.78 USD
  • 40% kit - $75.10 USD
  • Non Standard Adapter Kit - $47.10 USD
  • Novelties Kit - $43.46 USD
  • Numpad kit - $39.50 USD
  • Blanks Kit - $63.23 USD

Details

SA By the Sea is a set inspired by Hayao Miyazaki's Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea. I absolutely love this movie and wanted to design a set that captures the light hearted happy go lucky spirit of the movies titular character Ponyo.

• Designed by THRILLHOIAF/The1THRILLHOUSE/Cody
  • SA Sculpted with semi-matte/matte finishing
  • Rows: 1-1-2-3-4-4
  • 4 sets
  • ABS Doubleshot
  • MX Compatible
  • Manufactured by Signature Plastics
  • GB Duration: 30 days - possibility of extension depending how we do
  • Estimated production start date: July 2018 - will update estimate throughout GB duration

Renders

Special thanks go to Dave from Mechkeys.ca, Koobaczech and Oblotzky for all the help finalizing sets, the gorgeous renders, and all his helpful advice on how to maximize SA By the Sea's appeal!

Thanks again for everybodies patience and understanding! I'm still learning, but I am dedicated to bringing this community a brand new sculpted SA set they can be proud to wear on their keebs :)

« Last Edit: Thu, 31 January 2019, 10:00:25 by THRILLHOIAF »

Offline Perfex

Re: [GB] SA By the Sea
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 16:12:21 »
HAM!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 16:51:51 »
My daughter loves Ponyo, may have to pick this up for her first mech some day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 18:51:39 »
GL! Looking forward to end of the year

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 18:59:26 »
Is....the price going to drop as people order?

Offline derre

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 19:32:03 »
i got a pok3r, and dont know which set to get,
Alphas+Novelties does not have a tab key cap, is that true...?

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 19:36:09 »
My daughter loves Ponyo, may have to pick this up for her first mech some day.

cute!

Is....the price going to drop as people order?

Unfortunately, no...this is looking to be a VERY small groupbuy, so the likelihood of us hitting ALL MOQ's and being able to offer tiered pricing unlikely.

To cover a poker would require the Alphas+Novelties and Modifiers kits!

If you scroll up we have images of each kit that shows which keys are included! :)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 19:36:10 »
Alpha+novelties doesn't come with mods.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 19:36:41 »
$210 USD for an SA set... and people say GMK is pricy

GLWGB, i like this colorway

nope
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 February 2018, 19:49:20 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 19:45:56 »
As much as I like this set I can't drop that coin for a childs first keyboard set. Since this is already a group buy the decision has been made so I imagine other avenues of sale were passed over. Maybe a round two will be able to get better numbers. I'll keep watching in case prices drop.

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 20:02:11 »
Dang even when converted to USD, this will cost a pretty penny. Doesn't look like I can afford this set atm GLWB though, I really want to see this set in person.

Offline buzzking00

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 20:16:03 »
I was super interested until I saw the prices that I could not afford =(

Offline lovetree

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 20:20:52 »
What's the MOQ for each kit?

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 20:33:32 »
What's the MOQ for each kit?

100 for each kit!

Offline zFrontier

• * Vendor
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 20:51:50 »
Lets do this :thumb:
Chinese Website: https://www.zFrontier.com/
English Website: https://en.zFrontier.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/zFrontier/
Email: support@zFrontier.com

Offline Morgan3Wheeler

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 21:30:49 »

I can not find this set  in your en.zfrontier.com
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 February 2018, 21:32:28 by Morgan3Wheeler »
KMAC Happy red HHKB / KMAC Mini red / KMAC 2 86 / 45-ATS cerakote white / Matrix Noah avocado green / Matrix2.0 WKL yellow / Matrix2.0 WKL red / Matrix2.0 add WKL / Matrix Abel X RX-78 / Matrix Abel X Eva / Matrix1.2 OG WKL purple blue / Percent BOOSTER yellow /  Percent CANOE yellow / Percent Canoe2 casio / Percent SKOG mao / TGR 910 CE pink / TGR Jane CE WKL olive green/ TGR Jane V2 WKL blue gray/ TGR Jane V2 CE WKL / TGR Alice red / Keycult No. 2 Rev. 1 / EXENT65 black / GRAYCOD 67 mao / CA66 e-white / Think6.5 V2 LE / Think6.5 V2 robocop / Think6.5 V2 snow white / SPACE 65 R1 black / Typewriter68 e-white/ E6.5 pc / E7-V1 mao white/ E8.5 WKL e-white/ Voclano660 e-white / Moon by EVE WKL carbon / JER-Mini gray / JER80S NCR WKL geekhack / JER80S NCR WKL Korean / Dolumina65 black / Elephant S7 R2 e-white / Bear 65 ergo e-white, black, blue, pink, PC / Fox key65 e-white / Cyberboard purple / Saturn-60 moondust / Saturn-60 supernova / Infinitum / Rama M65a e-white / Rama Jules navy / Rama Zenith ouro / Rama U80-A Seq2 soya / Primus75 / 7V blue / / Cajal gray / Cajal e-white / SQUARE.X 6ea / Time 80 Reforged WKL e-white / J-01 rev1 Black / J-02 LE Poker e-white / OTD 356 Mini R1 red / LZ-CE red / LZ-CE gray / LZ-CLSms silver/ LZ-PhysiX gray / LZ-SQ SE titan gray / LZ-EX titan gray /  LZ-ST silver / LZ-FE WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL black / LZ-MP gray / LZ-MX SE titan gray / LZ-CP black-blue / LZ-CP red-red SE / LZ-RV gray / Light Pad silver / Light Pad gray / Octagon V2 gray / Orion V2 WKL silver-red / Orion V2.5 WKL gray / Dol Pad dolch / Dolinger 2017 dolch / Dolinger RE yellow/ Dolinger RE PC / Whale-Fe / Dolphin V3 dolch / Montage PC WKL / F1-8X WKL gray / F1-8X WKL navy / F1-8X WKL burgandy / AL.BOK WKL silver

Offline Sylvestyeo

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 23:14:47 »
Where is the Asia proxy? Don't see it on en.zfrontier as well.

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 23:44:30 »

The actual groupbuy page for those WITHIHN China is found here

If you are in SEA/Korea/Japan/Singapore regions, it would be best to send zfrontier a message directly from here as I believe they cannot offer their usual  free shipping outside of China,
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 February 2018, 00:51:51 by THRILLHOIAF »

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 08:42:56 »
Great job on all of the work and putting all this together fellas. Even better that its being made by Signature Plastics. Maxkey sort of invaded the market and people are used to lower quality, lower priced sets, but you get what you pay for! Maxkey has inconsistent mixes, lacks kit support, scratches easily and doesn't have the gloss that SP sets have. Hope you meet MOQ and this gets made. I'd really love to add another high quality SA set to my collection!

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 08:53:27 »
Great job on all of the work and putting all this together fellas. Even better that its being made by Signature Plastics. Maxkey sort of invaded the market and people are used to lower quality, lower priced sets, but you get what you pay for! Maxkey has inconsistent mixes, lacks kit support, scratches easily and doesn't have the gloss that SP sets have. Hope you meet MOQ and this gets made. I'd really love to add another high quality SA set to my collection!

Amen, Koob!  :thumb:

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 12:33:50 »

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 17:57:49 »

I'm probably being dumb here and missing something obvious, but is it not most likely to be a case of:

Alphas/Novelties + Mods - $109.95 + $154.95 = $264.90

Alphas/Novelties + 40% - $109.95 + $119.95 = $229.90

?

Not my cup of tea personally but really nice set that you've clearly put some effort into. I think it's a bit of a shame that SP have given you seemingly crazy prices (I realise it's for a low MOQ but still =S). Also I can't see a lot of EU people buying it even with a proxy as there is no ISO support. I hope it goes well and I am entirely wrong however =].

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 20:18:15 »

I'm probably being dumb here and missing something obvious, but is it not most likely to be a case of:

?

Not my cup of tea personally but really nice set that you've clearly put some effort into. I think it's a bit of a shame that SP have given you seemingly crazy prices (I realise it's for a low MOQ but still =S). Also I can't see a lot of EU people buying it even with a proxy as there is no ISO support. I hope it goes well and I am entirely wrong however =].

prices on mechkeys are in CAD not USD
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 20:55:07 »

?

Ahhh, so I am indeed being dumb and missing something obvious

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 21:17:35 »

?

Ahhh, so I am indeed being dumb and missing something obvious

i missed it at first too, someone messaged me and i edited my comment

Offline tommyonsn

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 00:51:36 »
no massdrop, very good!buy buy buy!

Offline Sylvestyeo

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 08:32:51 »

If you are in SEA/Korea/Japan/Singapore regions, it would be best to send zfrontier a message directly from here as I believe they cannot offer their usual  free shipping outside of China,

Has anyone been able to message zf? Kindly share the process please. I can't create an account since I don't have a Chinese number unfortunately

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 09:09:21 »
So glad mykeyboard.eu is the proxy for this. Having met them, I know this'll go smooth.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 17:55:02 »

Has anyone been able to message zf? Kindly share the process please. I can't create an account since I don't have a Chinese number unfortunately

you can send a message to their "contact us" on their site

it's chinese new year now though, so you've got 2 weeks before they'll reply at least

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 15:50:24 »
Hey everyone, major update regarding SA By the Sea here,

We've read and listened to all of the communities feedback regarding the set, the tl;dr end result being, we are issuing refunds on everyone's existing purchases of their SA By the Sea kits, but that does not mean this set is dead, no no no! We are immediately going to re-launch, with the set split apart into smaller kits for better pricing and accessibility

As mentioned, we read and saw all of the concerns with the set, the main ones regarding
  • the cost
  • the kit sizes

These two were the biggest issues to tackle for our potential SA By the Sea users who may have been put off by the price of the original kits, so we sat down Tuesday and re-designed each kit to

• increase accessibility to buyers
  • lower the gat damn price!

There isn't much that can be done about SP's price increases over the past couple years, especially for smaller vendors trying to get a smaller MOQ custom set completed! That being said, by "Massdrop-ifying" our sets into smaller, more accessible kits, Signature Plastics was able to provide us with new pricing that make this a MUCH better deal for buyers!

When I first designed SA By the Sea, I truly believed that offering a comprehensive kit that offered an insane amount of coverage would be THE selling point to potential buyers...chock this up to me still being QUITE green when it comes to designing a custom set for a very passionate community! Truth be told this set wouldn't be where it is right now if it wasn't for guys like Dave from Mechkeys.ca, Oblotzky, or Koobaczech, its members of this community that helped refine SA By the Sea into what it is today! I was a bit stubborn in my ways, and ignored the advice I received to break the kits down, so I apologize whole-heartedly for offering something to the community that didn't reflect the norm of custom keyset purchasing!

All that being said I present to you the brand new SA By the Sea sets WITH revised pricing

PRICING AT MECHKEYS.CA BASED IN CANADIAN DOLLARS

• Base - $129.95 CAD
  • 40% - $94.95
  • Non Standard Adapter - $59.95
  • Novelties - $54.95
  • Numpad - $49.95
  • Blanks - $79.95
[/b]

With our redesigned BASE kit, we wont be forcing novelties, numpad, or a non standard adapter kit onto purchasers; Buyers now wont have to buy 3 kits just to fill a non-standard bottom 40%,

You can purchase/re-purchase SA By the Sea from your respective proxies starting February 21st!

• NA: mechkeys.ca
  • EU: Mykeyboard.eu
  • China:zfrontier - (users purchasing from KR/SEA/TW etc. should contact Zfrontier direct about arranging purchase to your region - something to do with shipping costs)

Thank you everyone for all the feedback and the kind words throughout this process,

We promise to deliver you a great SA set in 2018!

Offline mudcakehoney

Re: [GB] SA By the Sea - RE-LAUNCHING ASAP WITH SMALLER KITS FOR CHEAPER PRICES
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 16:03:19 »
This is great news thanks for listening to the community

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 16:10:36 »
GL with the relaunch! Still looking great

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 20 February 2018, 16:39:37 »
Awesome news!

Offline lemur

• personal text
any updates on how things are going with MOQ?
keyboards

Offline THRILLHOIAF

Base, non standard and novelties are at 25% moq.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/81u8lf/20_days_left_to_get_in_on_sa_by_the_sea_from/dv57880?utm_source=reddit-android

any updates on how things are going with MOQ?

Correct! That number might be a bit higher too as we havent counted proxies towards the Gb! Will post a more formal update once we get all current numbers in! Thanks for your patience!

Offline Sylvestyeo

Just FYI, those in Asia ex China won't be getting theirs from Zfrontier, (if any at all).

https://imgur.com/a/2UMFj

Offline THRILLHOIAF

Just FYI, those in Asia ex China won't be getting theirs from Zfrontier, (if any at all).

https://imgur.com/a/2UMFj

Yeah they are China only, if there is enough people from a certain region going in on the GB then arrangements might be made... for now, SEA/KR/TW can order through mechkeys.ca! 

Offline Darknight00z

Almost time people. Are we near MOQ? shame to see such a pretty set not make it.

Offline THRILLHOIAF

Almost time people. Are we near MOQ? shame to see such a pretty set not make it.

Hey man thanks for the kind words! I’m curently waiting on updated numbers from our proxies,

IIRC, were looking good on base kits, novelties and non standard adapters! Some of the less popular kits like the numpad and 40s kits will need some assistance/personal investment to make happen which we’ve already prepared for!

We will do everything we can  to make sure each kit gets produced (except probably blanks, those might be doa)

A much more formal update will come once we hear back from our EU proxy, so we can better inform our purchasers :)

Offline donut_sauce

the mechkeys link is going to a 404 page for me fyi

Offline THRILLHOIAF

the mechkeys link is going to a 404 page for me fyi

shoot, that was the old GB link, apologies - you can find the revised GB link here

EDIT: thanks for bringing this up actually, none of the links had been updated properly and were dead...fml.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 March 2018, 10:05:39 by THRILLHOIAF »

Offline Oblotzky

Hey man thanks for the kind words! I’m curently waiting on updated numbers from our proxies,

IIRC, were looking good on base kits, novelties and non standard adapters! Some of the less popular kits like the numpad and 40s kits will need some assistance/personal investment to make happen which we’ve already prepared for!

We will do everything we can  to make sure each kit gets produced (except probably blanks, those might be doa)

A much more formal update will come once we hear back from our EU proxy, so we can better inform our purchasers :)

« Last Edit: Mon, 12 March 2018, 11:06:40 by Oblotzky »

Offline THRILLHOIAF

Re: [GB] SA By the Sea - 1 week left!!
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 16:53:31 »

03/14/18 - Update

Hey everyone sorry I've been stingy with the updates! Have been waiting on kit sales from our proxies before I provided an idea on how we doing! But can't wait forever since theres only 6 DAYS LEFT!!! wooooooah time flies!

These numbers dont include our vendor purchases or personal purchases! Hopefully we'll get up to date numbers from our EU proxy and we'll be able to give a more comprehensive look into how we're doing!

Right now I'm hopeful that we'll meet MOQ on a few of the kits! I'm prepped to do whatever I can to make sure the other sets get made as well, for now I'll just do what I can to promote the set and try to get as many last minute buyers as possible in on this beauty!

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 19:17:28 »

03/14/18 - Update

What was moq for base kit? 50 or 100?

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 20:10:30 »

03/14/18 - Update

What was moq for base kit? 50 or 100?

We set a MOQ of 100 for each kit!

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 02:24:44 »
Aww man, we're pretty far off 100 for anything. I hope you can sort something out if moq is not reached. Reality is, there is always demand when a keycap set ships.

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 11:12:03 »
Aww man, we're pretty far off 100 for anything. I hope you can sort something out if moq is not reached. Reality is, there is always demand when a keycap set ships.

Dont worry, including zfrontiers sales we're at about 50% MOQ for Base kits and novelties

we're currently looking into purchasing at a lower MOQs to ensure we get made :)

Offline UnbornApple

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 16:55:35 »
I unfortunately need to cancel my order. I sent an email to mechkeysdotca@gmail.com with the order number requesting to cancel.

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 20:20:48 »
Beautiful set. I really want to get in on this buy. My only holdup is having been burned before by GON for 600+ I notice that they are not due to ship out until September, which is scarily close to PayPals 6 month limit. Can you offer any reassuring words for someone who is hesitant such as myself?