Author Topic: GMK 85|15 groupbuy (CANCELLED)  (Read 124846 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: GMK 85|15 groupbuy (orders open)
« Reply #550 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 00:46:49 »
If people would give up the base set and pour half of those orders into the modpack, then we can make it happen!

Perhaps some of them need a reminder that this group buy is still going on? Cause I know myself, sometimes I don't really check the progress of a group buy until it's over.

Asking people that needs a full set to buy a modifiers set instead, does not make sense, some may have some use for a mod one, but not all. No matter how much we would like to get the mod set to reach MoQ.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #551 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 10:08:15 »
Most people that order full set order a mod pack too anyway. I don't know... unlikely if it happen but if we can get to 200 mod pack I might be able to cover most the rest of the 50 left.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #552 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 10:15:44 »
Added a mod pack to my order.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #553 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 10:20:52 »
Yeah I think we should let this go, it's clearly not gonna happen.
I think it was a really bad timing :( Too many GMK GB's lately not enough money for all of them :(

I don't think that was the main reason.

This set is just too extravagant for the masses. I mean look at the discussion about the win key in the Triumph Adler Interest Check. Such details costs orders!

This set just has too many of those details:  The F-Keys, text only legends, etc.

I think most people want a standard ANSI set with Icon + Text legends in a nice color scheme. That's why Hyperfuse is a huge success and that's why the Classic Beige and the Triumph Adler sets will most likely make it.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #554 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 11:15:31 »
Yeah I think we should let this go, it's clearly not gonna happen.
I think it was a really bad timing :( Too many GMK GB's lately not enough money for all of them :(

I don't think that was the main reason.

This set is just too extravagant for the masses. I mean look at the discussion about the win key in the Triumph Adler Interest Check. Such details costs orders!

This set just has too many of those details:  The F-Keys, text only legends, etc.

I think most people want a standard ANSI set with Icon + Text legends in a nice color scheme. That's why Hyperfuse is a huge success and that's why the Classic Beige and the Triumph Adler sets will most likely make it.

Understandable but if I remember correctly, Ivan was trying to do something a little out of the box and never seen before. Unfortunately it didn't work  :(

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #555 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 11:39:10 »
Indeed, I wanted to do stuff that probably hasn't been made in 25-30 years that is really hard to find. Unfortunately not enough people seem to appreciate it. Next time will be back to standard US layout based set with same key count and price as this one.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 March 2015, 11:40:42 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #556 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 12:17:18 »
Yes. Hope we go to CMYK.

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #557 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 13:49:06 »
I was really looking forward to this. But thanks a bunch for giving it a shot Ivan!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #558 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 15:21:01 »
Indeed, I wanted to do stuff that probably hasn't been made in 25-30 years that is really hard to find. Unfortunately not enough people seem to appreciate it. Next time will be back to standard US layout based set with same key count and price as this one.

Your drive to look for some unique examples of fine key sets is admirable. However, the market rules on what could be actually done. And the market demands common standard layouts.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #559 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 21:59:06 »
I'm ready for the RGBY with Black letters :)

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #560 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 22:32:09 »

It was RGBY legends on black key caps.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #561 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 01:33:18 »

It was RGBY legends on black key caps.

Oh? That might be interesting as well! I'd definitely be 100% down for RGBY with Black legends, since we haven't had a set of those (to pair up with BoW sets), although RGBY legends on Black would pair up nicely with WoB.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #562 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 11:18:22 »
Sorry, but it will be CMY legends on black keycaps next no RGB.
Since this one is likely to die, I will be starting new in the next weeks. I know I previously said anything that is above MOQ will go... but I don't want to do spacebar only now and then offer spacebar again next time (specific colors black, cyan, magenta, yellow) so... if nothing else makes it like the MODs pack then this whole thing will be cancelled.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #563 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 11:21:07 »
Since this one is likely to die, I will be starting new in the next weeks. I know I previously said anything that is above MOQ will go... but I don't want to do spacebar only now and then offer spacebar again next time (specific colors black, cyan, magenta, yellow) so... if nothing else makes it like the MODs pack then this whole thing will be cancelled.

Those are great colors as well.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #564 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 11:29:42 »
I know I previously said anything that is above MOQ will go... but I don't want to do spacebar only now and then offer spacebar again next time (specific colors black, cyan, magenta, yellow) so... if nothing else makes it like the MODs pack then this whole thing will be cancelled.

Fair enough  :(

As always I will order one of everything from your next GMK GB  :thumb:

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #565 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 12:17:33 »

Fair enough.

Primed to add my order for CMYonK.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #566 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 12:45:32 »
We might want to space these out more. When are photekq and bill planning their GMK buys?
Hi :)

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #567 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 12:58:22 »
That's a shame but completely understandable. And it might give you some breathing room with the other GBs that are still running.
Looking forward to seeing mockups of CMY on blacK. :thumb:
... and new colours for the spacebars of course. ;)

If those mods have similar keys as the last few CMY mod packs (CMYK and CMYW) they should be very interesting additions for people that have Cherry WoB G81 sets that lack usable keys for the bottom rows.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 March 2015, 13:05:20 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline SL89

« Reply #568 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 13:01:55 »
Order placed, if only to help numbers. And i bumped the thread on DT. I'm really keen on this set and Photekq's similar one. I hope one of them hits MOQ.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #569 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 13:12:30 »
Order placed, if only to help numbers. And i bumped the thread on DT. I'm really keen on this set and Photekq's similar one. I hope one of them hits MOQ.
Sorry man:

|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline SL89

« Reply #570 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 13:38:18 »
Gah, the perils of mobile  :'(

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: GMK 85|15 groupbuy (CANCELLED)
« Reply #571 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 10:58:22 »
Since it doesn't look like any of the kits are going to make the MOQ, I will be cancelling this whole thing. Since I will be turning around to start a new different buy in the next weeks I will wait to do the spacebars too along with the new offerings.
Thanks for your support on trying to make this happen. I hope you will support the next one as well which will be cyan/magenta on black keys full set US layout, Spanish sub layout side printed. CMYKv2 color legends on black keys. White/black bare essentials patch kit for making compatible existing common sets from MY7000/MY8000/11900/1800/etc. Spacebars in black, cyan, magenta and yellow.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #572 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 11:07:44 »
Since it doesn't look like any of the kits are going to make the MOQ, I will be cancelling this whole thing. Since I will be turning around to start a new different buy in the next weeks I will wait to do the spacebars too along with the new offerings.
Thanks for your support on trying to make this happen. I hope you will support the next one as well which will be cyan/magenta on black keys full set US layout, Spanish sub layout side printed. CMYKv2 color legends on black keys. White/black bare essentials patch kit for making compatible existing common sets from MY7000/MY8000/11900/1800/etc. Spacebars in black, cyan, magenta and yellow.

Sounds good  :thumb:

I will definitely participate again :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #573 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 11:08:34 »

How we could not support your ideas Ivan. All the way with you.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #574 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 11:25:37 »

Can you add  White spacebar?

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #575 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 11:32:45 »
Thanks everyone for ruining 2015.