Author Topic: Ducky One TKL RGB modded with Gateron Reds  (Read 1509 times)

Offline TheNamesTy45

Ducky One TKL RGB modded with Gateron Reds
« on: Sat, 11 February 2017, 23:19:52 »
So, last weekend I decided to desolder my MK Disco to install Zealios. I must say, that was an excellent decision. So excellent in fact that I decided to order some Gateron reds and try out a linear switch in my other keyboard - a white Ducky One TKL RGB with Cherry browns.

Because the LEDs on this board are soldered directly to the PCB, and it’s not a through hole LED with 4 pins like the LEDs on my Disco, this was a FAR easier project. In total, I think I spent about 3.5 - 4 hours on this mod from start to finish.

The Gateron Reds are a very nice switch and my first brush with linear switches. I have to say that I’m impressed with them, and I do enjoy the linear switches as a nice contrast to my Zealios when my hands are ever feeling sore (as mentioned earlier, I fractured or broke all of my fingers, the pain isn’t caused by the Zealios).

I still definitely prefer the Zealios because they feel like a magical switch to me, but these are a really cool alternative to mess around with.

Below are some pictures, and feel free to ask me anything about the Gateron Reds or the mod itself. Enjoy!

Offline Teacob

Re: Ducky One TKL RGB modded with Gateron Reds
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 14:04:58 »
Cool, nice job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro