Author Topic: [GB] RAMA WAVE ANODIZED BLACK CNC KEYCAP [SHIPPING]  (Read 18759 times)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
[GB] RAMA WAVE ANODIZED BLACK CNC KEYCAP [SHIPPING]
« on: Thu, 17 November 2016, 18:20:45 »
Hi everyone!! Round 3 of the Wave caps!

This time a BLACK ANODIZED finish :) I will be using my new manufacturer with this round, with a much higher bead blast finish in comparison to the last round!

ONCE SUFFICIENT ORDERS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED, WE WILL MOVE INTO PRODUCTION.

ESTIMATED SHIP DATE: DECEMBER 2016/JANUARY 2017

IF INSUFFICIENT ORDERS HAVE BEEN PLACED BY EARLY DECEMBER, FULL REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED.

ORDER HERE: https://rama.works/store/rama-al-w-black-anodized-kc-mx

Dimension:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Name:

RAMA WAVE 02

Part Number:

RKCO-C-R1-MX-W-BA-01

Edition:

Limited edition of 50 units.

Product Description:

An aluminium CNC machined key cap.

Top surface has a tangible wavy texture that gives a unique sensation when touched, along with the cold feel of aluminium.

Product Color:
Black

Finish:
Lightly Bead Blasted + Anodized

Stem Type:
Cherry MX

Profile:
OEM (R1)

Pricing:

Set / Price

1  /  $38.00 USD

« Last Edit: Mon, 02 January 2017, 17:47:46 by KingRama »
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
Re: [GB] RAMA WAVE ANODIZED BLACK CNC KEYCAP
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 12:41:17 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 09:03:01 by Khers »

Offline lifestronaut

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 17:45:28 »
That's me ordered.

When you get your hands on the x, be sure to hit me up so I can buy one of them too.

Offline MatchstickMan

• CAD Jockey - YOLO Enthusiast
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 18:31:09 »
Beautiful!

I was actually just working with a machinist yesterday on modeling up a CNC-able Cherry keycap. I'm curious how much engagement your cap has to the stem? Mine ended up being 0.1" as modeled. I'm worried that it's going to be too little engagement and it will slip off too easily.
Current Projects:
- SouthPad -- Left-handed Numpad
- Full Split (Currently on hold)

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 23:02:04 »
Would love a nice set of artisans I can use as actual keys and not place on unused keys. I notice these say oem R1, would it be okay to use these as wasd keys or do you think the higher profile would be annoying?

edit: did some checking of others listed and noticed it said to be used as escape key. Any plans in the future to make ones that can be used for higher use keys such as wasd or the arrow keys?
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 November 2016, 23:04:28 by breusch91 »

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 06:01:07 »
As I already have a couple of the R1 Wave, I think I'll only go in for one this time, interested to see the differences between your different suppliers.

Still waiting on those Cherry Profile wave caps  ;)
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 06:04:22 »
In for one!

Thanks heaps mate!

That's me ordered.

When you get your hands on the x, be sure to hit me up so I can buy one of them too.

Cheers bro! Will do regarding the X cap :)

Beautiful!

I was actually just working with a machinist yesterday on modeling up a CNC-able Cherry keycap. I'm curious how much engagement your cap has to the stem? Mine ended up being 0.1" as modeled. I'm worried that it's going to be too little engagement and it will slip off too easily.

Thanks man!
oh exciting! Would love to see what you do :) What are you referring to by "engagement"? :)

Would love a nice set of artisans I can use as actual keys and not place on unused keys. I notice these say oem R1, would it be okay to use these as wasd keys or do you think the higher profile would be annoying?

edit: did some checking of others listed and noticed it said to be used as escape key. Any plans in the future to make ones that can be used for higher use keys such as wasd or the arrow keys?

For me, I don't think it would be annoying if you're using it purely for gaming or something as the WASD keys would stand out from the rest. But maybe for typing it could be a little strange. Definitely suited best as an escape key :) Definitely plans in the future for dedicated keys (such as arrow/wasd) :) Cheers mate!

As I already have a couple of the R1 Wave, I think I'll only go in for one this time, interested to see the differences between your different suppliers.

Still waiting on those Cherry Profile wave caps  ;)

Yeah dude, you went ham with the R1 :P Yeah I'm interested to see the differences too, getting a much higher beadblast grit this time, it will be comparable to the grit used in Apple products :)

hahaha i know, I know. Still need to get my hands on a physical model :P
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 06:33:03 »

Yeah dude, you went ham with the R1 :P Yeah I'm interested to see the differences too, getting a much higher beadblast grit this time, it will be comparable to the grit used in Apple products :)

hahaha i know, I know. Still need to get my hands on a physical model :P

I can send you a spare Cherry keycap in top row profile if that helps :)

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 13:28:23 »

For me, I don't think it would be annoying if you're using it purely for gaming or something as the WASD keys would stand out from the rest. But maybe for typing it could be a little strange. Definitely suited best as an escape key :) Definitely plans in the future for dedicated keys (such as arrow/wasd) :) Cheers mate!

Awesome, I'm going to wait for the dedicated keys since I also use the board for typing a lot of the time and don't want to constantly switch out, would like them to be a mainstay of my board. Can't wait till you have a sale for those and hope im around to snag them!  These ones look great and glws!

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 16:29:24 »
Gah, you got me again! I love these caps  :D

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 19:00:33 »

Yeah dude, you went ham with the R1 :p Yeah I'm interested to see the differences too, getting a much higher beadblast grit this time, it will be comparable to the grit used in Apple products :)

hahaha i know, I know. Still need to get my hands on a physical model :p

I can send you a spare Cherry keycap in top row profile if that helps :)
Nawh mate, it's all good. Got some local guys here with sets - just need to get around to seeing them :P

Thanks though!

For me, I don't think it would be annoying if you're using it purely for gaming or something as the WASD keys would stand out from the rest. But maybe for typing it could be a little strange. Definitely suited best as an escape key :) Definitely plans in the future for dedicated keys (such as arrow/wasd) :)  Cheers mate!

Awesome, I'm going to wait for the dedicated keys since I also use the board for typing a lot of the time and don't want to constantly switch out, would like them to be a mainstay of my board. Can't wait till you have a sale for those and hope im around to snag them!  These ones look great and glws!

No worries mate! Yeah, wouldn't want to be swapping them out all the time - could get pretty annoying :P Will post a thread when I get around to doing it :) And cheers!

Gah, you got me again! I love these caps  :D

Oh man, always trust in the Nathan <3 Cheers bro! Really excited to see how these ones come out :)

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 19:53:55 »
Oh man, always trust in the Nathan <3 Cheers bro! Really excited to see how these ones come out :)

Yeeeee! These two are for sure going to go on the silver M4-A. I kinda regret not getting 2 space greys for my 2nd M4-A, but I have the silver to pair up with it  :D

Soon I'll have enough Rama kit to qualifiy me as obsessed  :-[

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 20:38:03 »

Yeeeee! These two are for sure going to go on the silver M4-A. I kinda regret not getting 2 space greys for my 2nd M4-A, but I have the silver to pair up with it  :D

I think I'm already there!  :p

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 21 November 2016, 19:37:34 »
Did I miss the "November is RAMA month" announcement? I'm in, of course. And when that keyboard you helped with comes up, of course.

Could you open a savings account for me? I seem to be incapable of sending money to mine; I'll just sign my paycheck over to you and it'll probably work better.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 00:43:51 »

You should getting the M4 this week, looks like they're starting to pop up around the US :D So Canada  soon I guess :)

I think I'm already there!  :p
Haha yeah you are! :P

Did I miss the "November is RAMA month" announcement? I'm in, of course. And when that keyboard you helped with comes up, of course.

Could you open a savings account for me? I seem to be incapable of sending money to mine; I'll just sign my paycheck over to you and it'll probably work better.

It's really looking that way isn't it? :P

Hahahaha good idea mate :P

ALSO UPDATE! I have changed the edition size to 50 units. There is 11 left :)

Offline paulforgione

Re: [GB] RAMA WAVE ANODIZED BLACK CNC KEYCAP [11 LEFT OF 50]
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 01:19:36 »
Alright, I only ordered two of the liquid black SS caps of yours, but I'm now receiving 3 different keyboards...  ;)

...so I'm in for 2 of these as well. Make that 9 of 50 left.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 November 2016, 01:21:58 by paulforgione »

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 02:35:23 »
Rama plz save one for me!! I can only made the order in Wednesday!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 03:51:38 »
Alright, I only ordered two of the liquid black SS caps of yours, but I'm now receiving 3 different keyboards...  ;)

...so I'm in for 2 of these as well. Make that 9 of 50 left.

Hahaha goddamn dude, you've gone crazy with the keyboards!! The SS caps are ALMOST done, posted an update on the page on where it's at, sorry with the delay with that one :( PVD supplier ran into issues.

Can't wait for you to get them all, gotta see some photos :D

Rama plz save one for me!! I can only made the order in Wednesday!

8 of 50 left :)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
Re: [GB] RAMA WAVE ANODIZED BLACK CNC KEYCAP [3 LEFT OF 50]
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 03:10:05 »
3 left! Putting the order in this week :)

Offline MatchstickMan

• CAD Jockey - YOLO Enthusiast
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 09:16:45 »
Beautiful!

Thanks man!
oh exciting! Would love to see what you do :) What are you referring to by "engagement"? :)

Engagement as in how far the stem of the Cherry Switch Stem slides into the cruciform. Rather, how deep is the cruciform from the bottom of the cap?
Current Projects:
- SouthPad -- Left-handed Numpad
- Full Split (Currently on hold)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 16:30:43 »
Beautiful!

Thanks man!

Engagement as in how far the stem of the Cherry Switch Stem slides into the cruciform. Rather, how deep is the cruciform from the bottom of the cap?

Oh right! The stem on the cap is 3.85 MM, on the switch slider it's around 3.5mm - so full engagement!

Hope that answers your question :)

ALSO 1 LEFT!

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 16:53:31 »
Beautiful!

Thanks man!

Oh right! The stem on the cap is 3.85 MM, on the switch slider it's around 3.5mm - so full engagement!

ALSO 1 LEFT!

Not anymore :thumb:

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 17:04:24 »
Beautiful!

Thanks man!

ALSO 1 LEFT!

Not anymore :thumb:

Assuming it was you? :P Congrats! Will be putting in the order ASAP! :D

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 17:07:37 »
Assuming it was you? :P Congrats! Will be putting in the order ASAP! :D

You would be correct. Now I just need to decide where it's going. Maybe on the M4-A when it comes in.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 18:01:16 »
Assuming it was you? :p Congrats! Will be putting in the order ASAP! :D

You would be correct. Now I just need to decide where it's going. Maybe on the M4-A when it comes in.

Thanks mate! lucky # 50!

Ooo, the M4 should be arriving this week for you - been showing up a lot in the US with all these posts on reddit I've been seeing :)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 18:02:01 »
Assuming it was you? :p Congrats! Will be putting in the order ASAP! :D

Thanks mate! lucky # 50!

Ooo, the M4 should be arriving this week for you - been showing up a lot in the US with all these posts on reddit I've been seeing :)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
Re: [GB] RAMA WAVE ANODIZED BLACK CNC KEYCAP [ORDER THROUGH TO MANUFACTURER]
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 07:56:35 »
Order has been put through to manufacturer!

Cheers, RAMA

Offline odd

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 14:25:23 »
Damn, aI can't believe I missed this  :( My M4 is gonna be nekidd because of this unless I swap out my solo Wave with another cap and move it to the M4 once  that arrives

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 18:22:15 »
I'm chuffed I managed to get in :D Can't wait for this (and any future Rama caps)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 18:26:24 »
Damn, aI can't believe I missed this  :( My M4 is gonna be nekidd because of this unless I swap out my solo Wave with another cap and move it to the M4 once  that arrives

Aww dw bro, it will return next year ! Which wave do you have currently? :)

I'm chuffed I managed to get in :D Can't wait for this (and any future Rama caps)

Lucky last! :D Thanks bro <3

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 16:16:32 »
Hi all!

All keycaps have been manufactured and have been sent of to anodising - I'm expecting it to arrive to me to ship out probably next week :)

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 20 December 2016, 16:41:07 »
Hi all!

All keycaps have been manufactured and have been sent of to anodising - I'm expecting it to arrive to me to ship out probably next week :)

PLZ PLZ PLZ SOON!!!!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 20:55:36 »
Hi all!

PLZ PLZ PLZ SOON!!!!

CRAPPY MANUFACTURER PHOTO:

ALL FINISHED! Should arrive to me next week to promptly ship out :)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 23:21:09 »
The caps will be arriving to me this week :)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 06:01:50 »
Caps have arrived!

Will be posting them out in the New Year :)

Red Waves for next year ;) Will be shipped to order rather than a group buy :)

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 18:03:35 »
Caps have arrived!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Red? :dogethink2:

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 21:23:30 »
Caps have arrived!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Red? :dogethink2:

Yup, red ;) :D

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 20:00:12 »

Feb 14th sale?!  :))

But seriously my wallet is fully booked for January keyboard spending  :p

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 02:23:00 »

Feb 14th sale?!  :))

But seriously my wallet is fully booked for January keyboard spending  :p

Hahah I love how you have a monthly keyboard budget :P

Hmm, got something special for Feb 14th ;)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
Re: [GB] RAMA WAVE ANODIZED BLACK CNC KEYCAP [PACKAGED]
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 03:30:07 »

US ORDERS ARE SHIPPING TOMORROW!
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 January 2017, 05:13:34 by KingRama »

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
Re: [GB] RAMA WAVE ANODIZED BLACK CNC KEYCAP [PACKAGED]
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 17:47:22 »
US ORDERS HAVE SHIPPED :)

All other countries are shipping tomorrow!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
Re: [GB] RAMA WAVE ANODIZED BLACK CNC KEYCAP [SHIPPING]
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 18:55:39 »
RED ANO IN STORE, IN STOCK 👀👀  https://rama.works/store/rama-al-w-red-anodized-kc-mx

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 20:17:25 »
Whoops, somehow just ended up buying a red one as well =S....

Seriously man all of your stuff is awesome, even your site haha. Can't wait for the Ramabae with Jchan

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 02 January 2017, 21:17:04 »

Seriously man all of your stuff is awesome, even your site haha. Can't wait for the Ramabae with Jchan

hahahaha, thanks Captain Buttmonkey  :)) :))

Seriously though, thanks so much for the support mate and for the kind words! Really appreciate it - and can't wait for you to get the caps :D

Word on the street is that Jchan wants to release it this week for his birthday:o

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 06:49:38 »

I 'acccidentally' ordered one as well, guess I tripped and fell on the 'Check Out' button  :p

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 17:08:47 »

Seriously though, thanks so much for the support mate and for the kind words! Really appreciate it - and can't wait for you to get the caps :D

Word on the street is that Jchan wants to release it this week for his birthday:o

No worries man, it's well deserved. I can't wait to get them either haha. Oooohh, I knew he said he wanted to do it for his birthday, but I didn't know what date that was. Even more to look forward to this week then =]

I 'acccidentally' ordered one as well, guess I tripped and fell on the 'Check Out' button  :p

Yeh it's funny how that happens isn't it =S, very strange....=P

May I ask out of curiosity which county you live in? Or which compass point of the midlands? Just surprised to see someone that close to me with the same niche interest haha.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 18:10:38 »

No worries man, it's well deserved. I can't wait to get them either haha. Oooohh, I knew he said he wanted to do it for his birthday, but I didn't know what date that was. Even more to look forward to this week then =]

May I ask out of curiosity which county you live in? Or which compass point of the midlands? Just surprised to see someone that close to me with the same niche interest haha.

Derbyshire  :thumb:

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 18:39:33 »

Ah nice, Warwickshire myself =]

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 18:51:40 »

Ah nice, Warwickshire myself =]

Aayy come to the next UK meetup!

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 18:55:07 »
For sure man, was going to go to the last one but couldn't make it at the last minute =[.