Author Topic: [IC] GMK Windowed.  (Read 25316 times)

Offline shima

• keeb weeb
Re: [IC] GMK Windowed.
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 01:19:26 »
i don't know why but i fear this. a lot.
boards: anura

Offline malikons

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 01:35:39 »
The most beautiful thing I've seen in a long time. If this is april fool, I'll be super sad.

Sent from my Galaxy Z Fold2 5G using Tapatalk

Offline whirlwind

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 01:38:57 »
Can we have some green leds bundle with that to live that gamer life?

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 01:40:06 »
novelties ?

Offline beigeandbrown

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 01:52:47 »
yes, but in beige for year of the beige

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 02:09:22 »

Here you go

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 02:26:18 »

Show Image

Here you go

Ah yes. ARRRGEEEEBEEEE

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 02:41:19 »
I clicked on this thread, hoping for a Windows ME/XP themed keycap set.
But instead I see the most RGB friendly GMK set in existence.
I'm scared but aroused.

I'd like to humbly request: 40s support, and a hiragana sublegend alt kit pls

Offline SDKCAMPING

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 02:51:22 »
The only april fool's cap set so far that is actually interesting / entertaining IMO
Blue Gray Ciel 60 with BCPs | E-white 7V (plateless) with Aqua Kings

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 03:00:51 »
Is a metal artisan collab possible?

Offline FaKe_VirTual

• * Maker
    • Virtual Designworks
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 03:27:43 »
beautiful

Offline yh

• hyurinkb
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 03:35:40 »
This good. Me buy.

Offline MoonOperator

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 03:36:52 »
Needs a render with RGB leds.

Offline Sumthingasian

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 04:23:53 »
a

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 04:26:48 »
please make this

Offline udller

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 05:08:43 »
i want this. please ?

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 06:48:47 »
I feel bad for liking this

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 06:56:29 »
I appweciate the hustle and desiwe to capitalize on zeitgeist while you can.

That being said, eawly ICs awe simply not the way to go about publishing a set concept. A bad eawly IC is way wowse than a late, fleshed out IC. ICs awe all about impwessions and the impwession this IC leaves upon me is vewy poow. You'we looking fow positive weception as confiwmation fow wendews? You'we not going to find it with this low quality of an IC.

It's cleaw that you'we faiwly new to the community. You made a GH account to post this thwead. This is a 104 key base kit. That's something you majowly flesh out befowe you even have colows in a lot of cases. Youw colows awe web colows, meaning you'we oblivious to the IC pwocess and GMK pwoduction as a whole, things you can easily find out mowe about by visitng the twove of old GB and IC thweads, ow even uniqey's website. This comes off as a cash gwab fwom an inexpewienced community membew, which, to be honest, I'm not wagging on, but I'm definitely not about it. Take some time in the hobby to be pawt of the community. Be a little mowe active. Find out what wowks, what's good, why it wowks, why it's good, and talk with mowe types of folks to engage in that exchange. That's what it's weally about. While the "i see guy make thing, i can make thing too!" mentality cewtainly has dwiven a lot of cool stuff, this is not one of those cases.

wendews went fwom being a nice to have in ICs to neawly a need to have. It shows you have some level of pewsonal commitment to the set that you would even pay fow mockups ouw of youw own pocket befowe anything is official. To not have wendews and to just show off a set of KLEs, is definitely not a good look, and the KLEs do a vewy poow job of showing the colows that you want to show, ow maybe they do a weally good job, but to me they look like blanks. I'm not twying to bog you down ow take shots at an easy tawget, wawely anything evew desewves that. If you'we twuly invested in making this set happen beyond a text-post and a bawely visible KLE wendew, you need to make a vewy good impwession, so that vendows who see youw IC will want to wowk with ya.

Many people will not buy into the concept if the IC is not good fwom the get-go. You can sell any concept to anyone as long as the beginning impwessions awe good enough.

If you'we intent on making this happen (and this would have to be vewy soon, befowe mowe eyes can see this and get theiw fiwst impwessions, which, in theiw cuwwent state would wesult in the set being wwitten off extwemely quickly) then you can:

1. Flesh out those layouts.
2. Get some wendews.
3. Pick colows that awen't web colows, it's 2020. We have wesouwces to help design GMK sets. GMK has wesouwces to help design GMK sets. Use google, guy.
4. Goals, MOQs, pwiow contact to GMK show vendows that you'we willing to do wowk beyond "huw duw look at colow now shouldew it all fow me," which, even if a vendow wouldn't take you up on, they would like to see.
5. Give mowe of a ****. Going into a pwoject half-assed (you could be fully on boawd, but this post does cewtainly not show that) only makes me believe in the pwoject less. If you don't believe in youw pwoject enough to give a detailed, commited sales pitch, why should any vendow, ow even why should the community believe in it? Dipping youw toes into the pool is simply not an option when evewyone else who's making successful sets is hopping in headfiwst.

cmon guy.

Offline FishyKeebs

• hey
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 08:56:15 »
truly outstanding set

Offline BirgusLatro

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 09:33:09 »
GMK Windowed is literally and figuratively lit.   Esp. the new beige kit Nathan posted.

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:18:48 »
Finally , my anne pro will never look nicer.
More
Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13

Offline guill3m

• Shut up and take my money
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 10:19:27 »
Any chance for a north-facing window base for my OEM board with north-facing RGB LEDs?

Offline Dawnzo

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 15:06:34 »
We need weeb sublegend kit for this

Offline Bachoo

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 15:31:28 »
I appweciate the hustle and desiwe to capitalize on zeitgeist while you can.

That being said, eawly ICs awe simply not the way to go about publishing a set concept. A bad eawly IC is way wowse than a late, fleshed out IC. ICs awe all about impwessions and the impwession this IC leaves upon me is vewy poow. You'we looking fow positive weception as confiwmation fow wendews? You'we not going to find it with this low quality of an IC.

It's cleaw that you'we faiwly new to the community. You made a GH account to post this thwead. This is a 104 key base kit. That's something you majowly flesh out befowe you even have colows in a lot of cases. Youw colows awe web colows, meaning you'we oblivious to the IC pwocess and GMK pwoduction as a whole, things you can easily find out mowe about by visitng the twove of old GB and IC thweads, ow even uniqey's website. This comes off as a cash gwab fwom an inexpewienced community membew, which, to be honest, I'm not wagging on, but I'm definitely not about it. Take some time in the hobby to be pawt of the community. Be a little mowe active. Find out what wowks, what's good, why it wowks, why it's good, and talk with mowe types of folks to engage in that exchange. That's what it's weally about. While the "i see guy make thing, i can make thing too!" mentality cewtainly has dwiven a lot of cool stuff, this is not one of those cases.

wendews went fwom being a nice to have in ICs to neawly a need to have. It shows you have some level of pewsonal commitment to the set that you would even pay fow mockups ouw of youw own pocket befowe anything is official. To not have wendews and to just show off a set of KLEs, is definitely not a good look, and the KLEs do a vewy poow job of showing the colows that you want to show, ow maybe they do a weally good job, but to me they look like blanks. I'm not twying to bog you down ow take shots at an easy tawget, wawely anything evew desewves that. If you'we twuly invested in making this set happen beyond a text-post and a bawely visible KLE wendew, you need to make a vewy good impwession, so that vendows who see youw IC will want to wowk with ya.

Many people will not buy into the concept if the IC is not good fwom the get-go. You can sell any concept to anyone as long as the beginning impwessions awe good enough.

If you'we intent on making this happen (and this would have to be vewy soon, befowe mowe eyes can see this and get theiw fiwst impwessions, which, in theiw cuwwent state would wesult in the set being wwitten off extwemely quickly) then you can:

1. Flesh out those layouts.
2. Get some wendews.
3. Pick colows that awen't web colows, it's 2020. We have wesouwces to help design GMK sets. GMK has wesouwces to help design GMK sets. Use google, guy.
4. Goals, MOQs, pwiow contact to GMK show vendows that you'we willing to do wowk beyond "huw duw look at colow now shouldew it all fow me," which, even if a vendow wouldn't take you up on, they would like to see.
5. Give mowe of a ****. Going into a pwoject half-assed (you could be fully on boawd, but this post does cewtainly not show that) only makes me believe in the pwoject less. If you don't believe in youw pwoject enough to give a detailed, commited sales pitch, why should any vendow, ow even why should the community believe in it? Dipping youw toes into the pool is simply not an option when evewyone else who's making successful sets is hopping in headfiwst.

cmon guy.

I'm sowwy, I'ww fix my stuff up soon 😔

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 15:33:29 »
This is so dumb, why do I want it so much? Insta cop if this thing goes to GB for me.

Offline dahun.kim@

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 19:29:08 »
kinda disappointed there isn't a non-windowed caps lock option
AGREE

Offline azzipa

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 19:43:53 »
if this is just the day before april 1st, i can't wait for tomorrow to throw my money at ****

yeah, i'll buy tomorrow

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 01 April 2021, 23:41:48 »
Can we run this on JTK for triple shot?

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 03:58:06 »
Can you put a window inside the window already on the caps lock?

Also can you add a UK ISO window.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline azzipa

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 08:01:20 »
I can haz Handarlight?

Show Image

Here you go
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 April 2021, 08:27:37 by azzipa »

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 13:22:18 »

Offline azzipa

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 16:04:50 »

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 02 April 2021, 16:07:31 »
The spacebar kind of kills me

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 12 May 2021, 18:41:34 »
Bump. I truly want this.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 01:09:41 »
This is exactly what I was expecting when I saw the name.

I'm in :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline shutuphamish

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 02:07:01 »
unironically would buy tbh

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 02:23:55 »
would actually get this tbh

Offline h9n9n3

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 02:57:08 »
WoB as well please.

Offline udller

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 13 May 2021, 09:31:30 »
i really do hope this set gets make in the future.

Offline mcmcmc

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 11 February 2022, 09:59:02 »
**** i need this in my life

Offline Therien

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 12 February 2022, 11:54:55 »
Nordic ffs :-X

Offline jerrolds

• Discord "jerrolds | deskhero.ca#0379"
    • Deskhero.ca