Author Topic: Cherry Viola Switches  (Read 1532 times)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Cherry Viola Switches
« on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 19:54:27 »
I know this is not old news, but cherry announced a while back that they would be manufacturing mechanical switches for the sub 100 dollar range.

I've been browsing the deskthority forum and they were supposed to be a revive of cherry MY, and you all know how Cherry MY feel.

Has anybody tried these switches out at CES? Do they feel better than the dreaded Cherry MY?

Offline Findecanor

Re: Cherry Viola Switches
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 04:29:30 »
The should feel better than Cherry MY, judged by specs alone. Cherry's published force curve was closer to that of a Cherry MX Red, whereas Cherry MY's force curve is very steep.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 06:11:06 »
The should feel better than Cherry MY, judged by specs alone. Cherry's published force curve was closer to that of a Cherry MX Red, whereas Cherry MY's force curve is very steep.

Oh i see thank you

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 10:13:58 »
It is old news this was already discussed weeks ago. Please stop making useless posts to just get your post count up thank you.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 11:01:26 »
It is old news this was already discussed weeks ago. Please stop making useless posts to just get your post count up thank you.

Just wanted to know peoples opinions that's all.