Author Topic: hyperx alloy fps pro broken spacebar  (Read 3650 times)

Offline lilnodi

hyperx alloy fps pro broken spacebar
« on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 03:34:32 »
hi! so i bought a used gaming keyboard form a friend for a low low price....and everything is fine except the spacebar... i took it off and saw that the metal string was missing and one of the hooks that the string goes thru... so im wondering if theres any sets or sth. i could buy... like a new spacebar with all the attachements... pls help as my old keyboard is starting to die of age lol

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: hyperx alloy fps pro broken spacebar
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 04:31:44 »
Thire are two types of stabilisers - Cherry and Costar.  Costar have small pieces that stick in the keycap, Cherry are bigger and stay attached to the board.  If Cherry they could be attached to the plate or the PCB.  You can buy them all but only you know what you're looking at.  If in doubt which you need post a picture :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline lilnodi

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 06:20:38 »
they are those plastic pieces that the wire clips onto https://www.tech-critter.com/review-hyperx-alloy-fps/

Offline Riverman

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 04:57:34 »
Is this what you need?

https://www.wasdkeyboards.com/cherry-mx-keycap-stabilizer-insert-2pcs.html

Those are Costar, the review says 'Costar style'... If you swap both ends and use the original wire they would probably work :thumb:

Unfortunately it looks like this board has a 6u spacebar so the standard wire probably won't fit, need to measure the distance between the two stab holes on the keycap.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod