Author Topic: [GB] SA Oblivion - CONCLUDED  (Read 280102 times)

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (Renders and dedicated project page added, 05.12.2016)
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 02:20:31 »
is there any chance we can get minila compatibility ? :3

oooh, that'd be sweet... I second this

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #251 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 03:24:57 »
#3 ALT GR has been removed from both UK and International sets in favor of change #4.
You lost me there. Is there any international (European) layout that will work without AltGr key?

Edit: Ah, wait, there are of course the Git keys, Meta and a few more. That'll do I suppose.

Or you could just use the regular Alt key, I didn't think the missing two letters would be a big deal, is it? International keys lack tertiary legends as well so it's already incomplete lettering  ;)

AFAIK it's the last thing left on my list of things to support, I'll have to look into it again what's needed to support it. I think it was a 3U R3 for space and two 1U keys if added to the 40bit set.

I know this is complex set for ISO, but is there any chance of an ISO enter and shift key with the grey text?

I contemplated doing this and only leaving out Git as that still works with the colors going, just the legends being off a bit. Maybe I'll get pricing for those two variations then, with and without 2 gray keys, and decide then. Godspeed had 2 enter keys as well and it worked out.

Offline fax668

• Shaken, not stirred
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 03:32:38 »
Or you could just use the regular Alt key, I didn't think the missing two letters would be a big deal, is it? International keys lack tertiary legends as well so it's already incomplete lettering  ;)
Yes, never mind.

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #253 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 03:45:10 »

AFAIK it's the last thing left on my list of things to support, I'll have to look into it again what's needed to support it. I think it was a 3U R3 for space and two 1U keys if added to the 40bit set.

its
r4 1u - shift (1)
r4 1u - del (1)
r4 2u - shift (1)
r3 1.75u - ctrl (1)
r3 3u - spacebar (1)
r3 1.25u - Fn (2)
r3 1u - app (1)

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #254 on: Thu, 15 December 2016, 18:19:07 »

its
r4 1u - shift (1)
r4 1u - del (1)
r4 2u - shift (1)
r3 1.75u - ctrl (1)
r3 3u - spacebar (1)
r3 1.25u - Fn (2)
r3 1u - app (1)

Thanks.

If I added 2u Shift and 3u Spacebar to the SDK, it would be supported by key sizes, but not legends, and the color balance might be off, would need to visualize that to say for sure

r4 1u - shift > would be yellow FN instead
r4 1u - del > covered
r4 2u - shift > covered if added
r3 1.75u - ctrl > covered, CONTROL from Oblivion modifier kit
r3 3u - spacebar > covered if added
r3 1.25u - Fn > would be the two META keys from Oblivion modifier kit
r3 1u - app > would be SYS

it's really hard to say how many Minila fans are out there that would get in on this, adding those two keys would be fine I think, but also adding 1u shift, 2x 1.25u FN and 1u APP is too much for just a handful of buyers

I could also do it properly as it's own kit, so a minila user would need to buy alphas, oblivion and minila kit. I swore not to add any more kits, but I don't see how this would have any negative impact of the rest of the set. if 25 buyers are found for that small kit its more sales on the alphas&oblivion modifiers, if not, it comes out at zero as it would have been without them in the first place. maybe due to the lack of support in other keycap sets, it would be reached quickly when this is one of the few chances to get non-OEM keys

« Last Edit: Thu, 15 December 2016, 18:29:08 by Oblotzky »

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #255 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 13:25:49 »
#4 Let's do Colemak&Dvorak and International in both Quarry and Hagoromo. I believe in you guys!

I support this idea 100%, but I'd like to make a suggestion. I'm one of those peeps that wants a full set of Quarry and Hagoromo with all the mod combos. Any chance you'd consider splitting this into two GBs/drops so my wallet has time to recharge? Based on the pricing of Dasher, a full SA set is going to cost the better part of $200. Almost $400 at one time may be a bit tough for some... I know it would be for me. :)

Offline Saiph

« Reply #256 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 13:29:14 »

I support this idea 100%, but I'd like to make a suggestion. I'm one of those peeps that wants a full set of Quarry and Hagoromo with all the mod combos. Any chance you'd consider splitting this into two GBs/drops so my wallet has time to recharge? Based on the pricing of Dasher, a full SA set is going to cost the better part of $200. Almost $400 at one time may be a bit tough for some... I know it would be for me. :)
Though I understand your pain, that would really draw out the production schedule for one of the colorways. Based on the current SA set estimated date this set is already loooking like late next year. It would also mean hitting lower quantities on the modifiers since you would split up the buying base.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 December 2016, 14:19:23 by Saiph »

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #257 on: Fri, 16 December 2016, 14:00:41 »

Though I understand your pain, that would really draw out the production schedule for one of the colorways. Based on the current SA set estimated date this set is already loooking like late next year. It would also mean hitting lower quantities on the modifiers since you would split of the buying base.

Pretty much sums it up, sorry mate! But I appreciate your commitment  :thumb:

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #258 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 09:24:23 »
Damn I just checked on this thread after a while and just saw the renders... too many keys too little money but the renders really look good

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #259 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 15:33:23 »
Dig the coding colors, I'm interested. Voted.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #260 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 15:43:47 »
Also, I finally got around to sending that email regarding the Git logo permission.

I'm out of the office on family leave and am not able to respond to my email.
Please contact Karen Sandler (karen@sfconservancy.org) with any urgent items.

I wouldn't say this is urgent so I'll update whenever something comes back.

Just got word back, my request fell under Sec. 2.5 of Git's trademark policy and therefore did indeed require written permission. He (Tony Sebro of the Software Freedom Conservancy) "consulted with leadership of the Git project" and provided me written permission with that email to use the logo as it is currently depicted on the project website. It's a green light for the Git logo! So if anyone wants to use the Git logo in their keyset as well, you should shoot them an email for permission.

In other news, I'll be doing pictures for the color chips tomorrow at high noon light, and have decided on the final codes I think. Also I will switch one of the additional Git 1.25u keys to Orange/Red to allow for a bottom row with unique legends on each key. All changes will get updated renders in January when I am at my workstation again.

Offline bullfiniche

• I wanna be your STD!
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 21 December 2016, 22:40:17 »
Could we get some mac keys mainly, option and command?

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #262 on: Thu, 22 December 2016, 20:29:56 »

Same question

Offline milchek

« Reply #263 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 18:08:46 »
F me. I applaud your commitment in the face of all these edge case requests. Reading through this all just shows how much work it is to satisfy the needs of the majority. Forget the fact that the majority here is really the vocal minority in the grand scheme of things (especially if these go to a marketplace like Massdrop, where 'most' users wouldn't have set foot in here)

Looking forward to when this set one day comes to life though, but I don't envy your position right now.

Anyway, keep up the good work  :thumb:

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #264 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 18:29:45 »
Will be buying a large portion of the stuff offered. A little worried about cost with the number of keys I don't need in some of these kits but I also believe if this is on MD, it will probably be maxed out in terms of MOQ discounts. I do agree, no more keys.

Offline _BMW_M3_

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 26 December 2016, 21:49:53 »
I wish SA Oblivion was GMK Oblivion... I want this so bad! I'll still end up buying the set, but I despise SA profile :(
Dolphin v1 LE | TGR Jane | LZ Ergo

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #266 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 08:36:16 »
I wish SA Oblivion was GMK Oblivion... I want this so bad! I'll still end up buying the set, but I despise SA profile :(
Have a look at GMK Honeywell on Originative, looks similar.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #267 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 19:18:03 »
F me. I applaud your commitment in the face of all these edge case requests. Reading through this all just shows how much work it is to satisfy the needs of the majority. Forget the fact that the majority here is really the vocal minority in the grand scheme of things (especially if these go to a marketplace like Massdrop, where 'most' users wouldn't have set foot in here)

Looking forward to when this set one day comes to life though, but I don't envy your position right now.

Anyway, keep up the good work  :thumb:

Thanks, it is quite fun at the end of the day despite the issues.

Same question

Gonna work these out in the next couple of days, though I'm not sure yet what exactly I need and if I want to go text or symbols. Probably rather text since the set is 99% text already.

Have a look at GMK Honeywell on Originative, looks similar.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

As mentioned before, while I will entirely focus on SA for now, I have no objections to running it as GMK some day. I do love that profile very much. If demand is there, why should it not happen.

I'm back home from vacation now and have started making the changes I came up with over the past two weeks and will redo all the renders. I also have thought a lot about the colors, and the two changes I have made are: BFN is the new blue. That color is just superb and makes me want to create a set around just that tone. Its marvelous and exactly what I was looking for, BBJ was definitely too blue while BFJ is not saturated enough. OAV is the new orange/red. I would say its a tad less red in real life, I find it is a perfect match with the other colors.

Reason for OAV instead of ON is that I want a touch more red in that color, ON is very orange and I felt there was a little heat missing in the lineup. Here is a comparison of the color chips to GMK Carbon, which is based on the OBC color and was matched very close by GMK.

They also hit GQM very much spot on

All chips (the keys are OBC), OAV and ON seem very close in this pic, I'm sadly no expert photographer, just a monkey with a DSLR

« Last Edit: Sun, 01 January 2017, 19:21:28 by Oblotzky »

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #268 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 20:56:32 »
Like the new color choices.  I'll be very interested in this when the time comes.

Offline Oblotzky

Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (Coming to Massdrop this year)
« Reply #269 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 12:53:52 »

I have just talked with Yanbo from Massdrop again and can now confirm that MD intends to run this set! I do not have a hard date yet as this year's schedule for keycaps is still being worked out, but will let you know once I have one to share.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 January 2017, 12:59:53 by Oblotzky »

Offline Saiph

« Reply #270 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 13:41:18 »

I have just talked with Yanbo from Massdrop again and can now confirm that MD intends to run this set! I do not have a hard date yet as this year's schedule for keycaps is still being worked out, but will let you know once I have one to share.
Awesome!

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #271 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 14:52:03 »
What a nice little new years gift to hear that!

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #272 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 16:07:56 »
That's fantastic to hear

Sent from my microwave oven using alternating current

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #273 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 16:52:28 »
Show Image

Congrats on getting on the Massdrop queue! I pray for massive success for this set!

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 17:04:06 »
Show Image

Great news!

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #275 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 20:02:21 »
Great news on getting things setup with MD. Now I'm going to have to decide which alphas to get with this set....

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #276 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 00:32:42 »
Great news on getting things setup with MD. Now I'm going to have to decide which alphas to get with this set....

Not even in the sphere of difficulty, GET them ALL  :thumb: .

Offline JackieOReally

« Reply #277 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 02:02:29 »
Thanks for making this happen, this set looks perfect. This year I want this set and penumbra for my filcos.

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #278 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 02:15:50 »
Finally it's happening! i'd assume mid 2017 launch ?
My comfort food is instant ramen

Offline Axiomatik

« Reply #279 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 02:16:44 »
Looks very nice! Will there be any novelty kets?
-Axiomatik

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #280 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 02:32:42 »

I really wish I could say, but I have no confirmed date yet, so I try to be very careful with that and will not say anything specific other than 2017. Hope you can understand!

Looks very nice! Will there be any novelty kets?

Nope, the set is inspired by programming, and that is pretty much just text. There are 17 kits already now, 18 when I add Mac. We have two alpha colors and monochrome modifiers, and Assembly/40bit/Ergodox feature brand new assembly instructions as text legends. I think this set has more than enough extras  ;)

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #281 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 02:40:53 »

I really wish I could say, but I have no confirmed date yet, so I try to be very careful with that and will not say anything specific other than 2017. Hope you can understand!

dont worry i completely understand  :thumb:. This set has been on top of my list since the first time i saw it so a couple more months wait is still okay with me  :)
My comfort food is instant ramen

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #282 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 10:51:12 »

LOL. If only I had unlimited funds...this is just one of a couple promising sets that look like they will launch in 2017.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #283 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 11:06:36 »

LOL. If only I had unlimited funds...this is just one of a couple promising sets that look like they will launch in 2017.

Well, alphas are usually around the 30-35$ mark, and they can be very useful for mixing up other sets, e.g. Jukebox Alphas + Nantucket modifiers looks sick. Not trying to be a salesman here but... you know you want both  ;)

Offline lootbag

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 00:49:26 »
Monotonous with a touch of colour, perfect.
This will prob be my first SA set!

Offline Potatoes

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 01:23:35 »
Marking to remember. Looks great.

Offline caveymon

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 13:32:57 »
Ever since seeing the dasher/dancer SA set, and then finding out about round 4 and 5 SA sets and the space cadets, honeywell etc schemes, I was sad to see I just missed out on the dasher/dancer set by a mere minute due to some paypal #$%!#^@, I'm glad to have found this one :)

Voted in the polls over at massdrop, and waiting for it to drop. Now just need to save up a bit.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 13:57:58 »
Ever since seeing the dasher/dancer SA set, and then finding out about round 4 and 5 SA sets and the space cadets, honeywell etc schemes, I was sad to see I just missed out on the dasher/dancer set by a mere minute due to some paypal #$%!#^@, I'm glad to have found this one :)

Voted in the polls over at massdrop, and waiting for it to drop. Now just need to save up a bit.
FYI, >Terminal_ is supposed to drop in 2 days... https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=85838

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #288 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 23:39:31 »
In for updates.
keyboards.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #289 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 08:09:50 »
SA Penumbra and SA Hyperfuse - a moment of silence for our wallets - are back (for preorder at OCo). What's going to be of SA Oblivion? Is it still in the running for this year?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #290 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 08:14:31 »
SA Penumbra and SA Hyperfuse - a moment of silence for our wallets - are back (for preorder at OCo). What's going to be of SA Oblivion? Is it still in the running for this year?

I share your pain, but both sets have limited compatibility and limited numbers.

SA Oblivion is happening this year, I will have a date for the Massdrop groupbuy soonish.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #291 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 08:34:01 »
Could you please look into adding a 6u (ideally center-stem compatible) space bar?  SP has done 6u before with the Danger Zone set, and it'd make those of us with novatouched topre boards very, very happy (also if more sets start having the 6u bar then hopefully it'll eventually be a norm like you see with GMK sets so I can stop annoying people with this  :) ).

Offline SyFromSpace

« Reply #292 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 12:39:08 »
Hey!!

Maybe it might be a lot to ask for, but would it be possible for the international pack to have keys for an ISO azerty layout? It is not so much because of the special character, but more because for instance A and Q are on different rows in azerty as compared to qwerty, so sculpting will be odd. Now I know it might be too much to ask for too few user.

Thanks!

Offline Maybee

« Reply #293 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 15:38:09 »

Welp.... Nice knowing you $210..

Gotta put money away again for this set again. Good thing I have time!
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 January 2017, 20:27:08 by Maybee »
Build In progress. B.face X2-67g R4 Zeals-SA HyperFuse

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #294 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 16:56:29 »
I mean don't get me wrong, I love the look of SA Penumbra.  But Oblivion has my heart.  :thumb:
SA Hyperfuse, though, separated ~$230 from my wallet REAL quick.

Offline kdash4

« Reply #295 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 18:52:16 »
I'm gonna pass on the Penumbra and Hyperfuse.
I was about to pull the trigger on the Hyperfuse but decided to save my money and wait for this.
The price is just too high imo although I realize there is the market for it.
Hopefully, Oblivion's price won't be as ridiculous.

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #296 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 05:22:14 »
I'm gonna pass on the Penumbra and Hyperfuse.
I was about to pull the trigger on the Hyperfuse but decided to save my money and wait for this.
The price is just too high imo although I realize there is the market for it.
Hopefully, Oblivion's price won't be as ridiculous.

Same, Penumbra has not enough customizability for me.. and Oblivion is prettier ;)
I like keyboards

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #297 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 05:50:10 »
Count on me if there would be monochrome modifiers available.
« Last Edit: Fri, 13 January 2017, 22:51:34 by ricyuyc »

Offline solemnP

« Reply #298 on: Fri, 13 January 2017, 21:19:14 »
Count on e if there would be monochrome modifiers available.

I'm also looking forward to the monochrome mods

Offline Dadrophenia

« Reply #299 on: Sat, 14 January 2017, 05:35:35 »
Would definitely be in for this! Also just switched to the Oblivion theme on Visual Studio, thanks for introducing that to me as well, it's a perfect theme for me!