Author Topic: A new addict  (Read 3392 times)

Offline theultrazord

A new addict
« on: Wed, 18 July 2012, 23:49:07 »
Hello all,
I'd like to start off saying that I've very recently gotten into the mechanical keyboard craze. It started off on OCN but everyone had been referencing geekhack at the place to be and having the best user base. Hoping to meet some knowledgeable people and see some cool projects!

If possible one project I'd like to do is build my own keyboard but I will definitely need the guidance of some of the gurus. I've noticed that many people are getting into backlit keyboards and keyboards for gaming and I'd like to develop something with multi color LEDs that is both stylish and functional for gaming (so probably a tenkeyless keyboard that looks semi plain like a ducky).

Other than that I hope to feed the addiction!

Offline therecorder

Re: A new addict
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 July 2012, 05:10:31 »
Welcome!  I'm sure that there are people here who can help you get started.  Give it time.  At the moment, things are a little slow (because of new infrastructure).  And, remember, addictions should be fun.

Offline ZioExcalibur

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 July 2012, 15:46:53 »
Welcome! Yeah I am quite new also. Been a lurker for some time now but yeah... im loving my new addiction!  :D

Offline mynt

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 July 2012, 17:49:56 »
Hi. I have always enjoyed the awesome mods and customs people make at GH so I can't wait to see what you come up with.