Author Topic: [IC]ePBT Simple Hangul - A simple colorway set - GB Live - waiting for GB page  (Read 26623 times)

Offline Swishy

ePBT Simple Hangul

GB page

This is a colorway set that I came up with about 5 months ago, its uses Hangul as a visual accent.
Colors are P3, 2B, L9(CP depending on samples)

Please fill out IC Form

Board renders:

Onyx

TGR JANE

Titled40(Protos/IC coming soon)

Frog

Kit Renders(in construction due to changes):

Pricing
Base kit: $90 USD
Accent kit: $30 USD
Alphas kits (each): $25 USD
40s Mods kit: $30 USD
40s Accent kit: $30 USD
Numpad: $20 USD
Spacebar: $15 USD
KBD67 Lite V3: $119 USD (will get a render soon will be L9 color and will have custom design on it)

Small tip: If you buy the base, 40s kits, spacebars, accent, and what ever alphas you want you can pretty much cover 2-4 boards, meaning you shouldn’t need to buy 3-4 base kits. All those kits come out to be 165+ 25A < 90B

A= alphas kits assuming you dont buy over 4 alpha kits
B= base kit in your case you said 3-4

So for you, you were either willing to pay 270 or 360 if you only buy base kits plus the cost of the alphas kits, which you can get all 4 alphas can still cover 4 boards and use all the different alphas if you go my route and save 5 dollars because it would at max getting all the alphas cost 265

Note this was based off of a comment later in the thread

When: Sept 1st

Vendors:
KBDFans (Worldwide)
DeskHero (CA)
Swagkeys (KR)
CandyKeys (EU)
Ilumkb (SEA)
Rocket Keyboard (USA) (Rocket Cables)
Customkbd (AUS)
Rheset.mx (Mexico)

Changes:
More
Changes Made:
- extra b added to all the alpha kits kinda pepega on my part
- was threaten by the 40s community so I made them an accent kits and took out 40s coverage from accent kit for normies
- made the space bar kit that much more goated by adding type K support 3u bars
- added the godforsaken F13 to base and accents

Possible upcoming changes:
- Taking 40s out of regular accent kit or atleast staggered
- Kinda close to confirming L9 the odds are in its favor and I do really like it
- thinking about doing two possible things for my EU/UK folks adding support to the Latin alphas since it would only make sense there orrrr... making a small kit I kinda wanted to limit this set to 10 kits after the whole KAM 80s too many kits scenario (I learned a lot of the community doesn't understand kitting and struggle with too many choices)

Old render (not that different but the changes are there)
More

Extra alphas (PLEASE CLICK MORE TO SEE THE REST)

More

Accessories:

Deskmats:
To be honest, I really want to do minimalist mats like polkadots and simple shapes, but... I fear that if I do what I want, certain fans will react in a certain way. Until the person I reached out to contacts me back or I just get tired of waiting this section will remain empty.

Collabs:
RocketCables

More
Note: Currently I am debating with going with CP or L9, so I have order samples, but until those get here I only have renders and GMK color ring. I will ask that you please fill out the IC to help me choose they both are really awesome so no real loss.
visual aids to help you see the difference

L9

CP

Currently I am leaning toward L9 which is why the IC is done in L9 but I already have all the renders ready incase.

Please fill out IC Form

Cultural Check, although this set isn’t based or inspired by Korean culture nor does it try to depict it in anyway possible. If there is anything offensive please let me know, I have already made sure to ask around, but we can all miss things.

Special thanks
Koha gave advice on Korean legends
Ulliam: hangul legends
40s community
Funderburker: Onyx
Geon: Birthed the Frog
TGR: Jane
Me: Tilted 40 IC coming soon once I get the protos
Friend who helped me get these renders done when my Computer died RIP
And you
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 September 2021, 15:28:07 by Swishy »

Offline Swishy

Re: [IC]ePBT Racing Hangul - A simple colorway set
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 14:00:56 »
To speak on norde coverage, currently i am limiting this set to 10 kits
Reasons
- the US vendor will be some what new ( they have sold a product before and have fulfilled GBs, but I rather make it easier than harder)

- I know norde would be possible but the only real important coverage for this set is hangul given its in the name and from my research on localization they dont really have iso other than what is covered.

- ISO doesnt really fit hangul and would be messy and before i hear but you have latin alphas, yes i did include because i knew if i didnt people would complain, kind of picking the the lesser of two evils

- Lastly i give physical coverage

Now if enough EU/ISO lovers come out and request i will take the time and try to make a kit and do the proper research, but until the other thing i have thought of is add the most requested type of ISO to latin alphas (and french ISO has a very very very very far lead relative) so given this. Its now on you

Thank you for your time
Swishy

« Last Edit: Sun, 25 July 2021, 21:34:56 by Swishy »

Offline of_sam

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 14:03:46 »
Wheel spinning enthusiast back at it again.
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 14:13:12 »
Dont like the fact that you need to buy two kits to get red alert look

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 14:14:25 »
HARD.

IM a sucker for red sets and this is way too clean to pass up. Cleaner than GMK red alert ngl

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 14:15:10 »
Dont like the fact that you need to buy two kits to get red alert look

didn't you also need to buy 2 kits for Red alert?

Edit: plus the base kit already has the hangul mods so having the red numrow and f row will be a little much imo
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 July 2021, 14:24:24 by jabe8i »

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 14:45:48 »
Why racing?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline Swishy

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 15:02:31 »
Why racing?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Well, to be blunt it rolls off the tongue and all the simple names i wanted were used. I know typing races are a thing soooooo I put two and two together. Sorry if its not a triple layered explanation.

Offline hali

• hali.studio
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 15:08:28 »
mm - doesn't cut it for me, extra alphas are interesting but every other kit feels kinda bloated and the set itself looks too similar to ra

Offline anto_nym

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 16:27:34 »
Set looks great. Just wanted to mention that in Korea (and some other countries too I believe), writing someone’s name in red means they have passed away or that you wish them harm, so many ppl avoid writing in red. Not sure how that would translate to keycap legends though.

Offline GoldenBoy

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 16:31:22 »
Set looks great. Just wanted to mention that in Korea (and some other countries too I believe), writing someone’s name in red means they have passed away or that you wish them harm, so many ppl avoid writing in red. Not sure how that would translate to keycap legends though.

Can confirm for Chinese culture

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 17:11:02 »
I quickly searched "Korean Writing" and "Hangul" in google images and a handful of them used red font color (so I assume it's not a big deal when its random words or just the individual characters). I believe the superstition only applies to names, not really sure about letters or the individual characters.

Also... I too am Chinese (half) and I'm pretty sure this superstition is only for names.

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 19:35:11 »
F13 plz?

Offline Swishy

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 22:53:47 »
F13 plz?
ok I already have some changes to make so f13 will be added
Some other changes will be 40s kitting will get 1.5u backspace for q row, an extra 1u shift, and 2x 3u spacebars
For the space bar kit 2x3u spacebars

I will try to do more research regarding this and ask around to gather some opinions. Thank you both for bringing it to my attention!

Offline tngpq

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 23:53:31 »
I quickly searched "Korean Writing" and "Hangul" in google images and a handful of them used red font color (so I assume it's not a big deal when its random words or just the individual characters). I believe the superstition only applies to names, not really sure about letters or the individual characters.

Yeah, it's only names that we avoid writing in red.

Set looks clean but the naming is really random.

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 06:37:37 »

I will try to do more research regarding this and ask around to gather some opinions. Thank you both for bringing it to my attention!
I hope you end up keeping the red sub legends. They are sick asf

Offline GforGolf

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 06:38:55 »
I dont need another white or beige keycaps, but this will go perfectly with Frog tkl so….I’m in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 11:17:42 »
Another set that I'm interested in. will probably end up saving / car money / instead of buying keycap though

Good      job    .
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Oggi

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 15:08:13 »
racing

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip

Offline Oggi

Offline Skok

« Last Edit: Thu, 15 July 2021, 12:05:15 by Skok »

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip

Offline Oggi

Offline yuutsu

• Consumer of Brioche Loaf
    • Desktop Designs
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 16:20:17 »
HARD.

IM a sucker for red sets and this is way too clean to pass up. Cleaner than GMK red alert ngl

Just saying GMK Red alert was going after the look of the OG Red alert, which is not something this replicates. Not a fair comparison TBH.

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 16:36:01 »
HARD.
I am totally boring so I do like the plain base but agree this is more interesting.

mm - doesn't cut it for me, extra alphas are interesting but every other kit feels kinda bloated and the set itself looks too similar to ra
Possibly so that people can pick up the 40s kit and extra alphas and skip the base? The kits do feel bloated -- good call.
Big fan of the Extra Alpha kit - this is the star of the show. Never seen one with a Tab before ... :|

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This does looks incredibly similar to / inspired by Red Alert. The kitting here needs some work - the accent kit here is big.

Possibly consider:
• Moving the windowed Esc keys to 1 accent kit and with the rest of the non red keys
• Have all of the red keys included in a second kit. The Esc key in the base will have the red colorway covered
• There are a total of 9 Esc keys in your kitting. Most i've ever seen in any IC - consider cutting some?
• Consider removing "- A simple colorway set" from your IC. Racing stripes are fancy.

If the Alphas kit was around 18$ it would be an easy pickup for me.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 July 2021, 16:40:40 by HappyB0T »

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 16:38:30 »
There’s a fine line between simple and boring and this definitely falls into the simple but tasteful category. I don’t know how I feel about the child kits but I without judgement until you get quotes for them because epbt child kits are always surprising cheap imo

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 17:18:41 »
HARD.

Just saying GMK Red alert was going after the look of the OG Red alert, which is not something this replicates. Not a fair comparison TBH.

yes im aware that the gmk run was replicating the original red alert. But with the accents kit, you can't deny that it's quite similar.
Pretty sure red alert used P3 as well so I think its a fair comparison. I dont hate any of these sets if thats what it looked like lol
I literally joined gmk red alert (might even buy some extras lmao), and now I'm probably going to buy this one too. that red numrow just too nice :P

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 17:39:22 »

Possibly so that people can pick up the 40s kit and extra alphas and skip the base? The kits do feel bloated -- good call.
Big fan of the Extra Alpha kit - this is the star of the show. Never seen one with a Tab before ... :|

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This does looks incredibly similar to / inspired by Red Alert. The kitting here needs some work - the accent kit here is big.

Possibly consider:
• Moving the windowed Esc keys to 1 accent kit and with the rest of the non red keys
• Have all of the red keys included in a second kit. The Esc key in the base will have the red colorway covered
• There are a total of 9 Esc keys in your kitting. Most i've ever seen in any IC - consider cutting some?
• Consider removing "- A simple colorway set" from your IC. Racing stripes are fancy.

If the Alphas kit was around 18$ it would be an easy pickup for me.
Lots of sets with "extra alpha/alt alpha" kits have extra tabs, its generally for filling up 2 boards when bought along side the base kit, since most base kits come with 2-3 enters, 2 caplocks, 2-3 esc keys, a handful of shift keys, and support for standard and tsangan bottom row.

ePBT is relatively cheap compared to gmk so I wouldn't really be worried about cost when a kit is a little "bloated" (edit: epbt less but better had a really big novelty kit and it was only about $35). The main thing that makes the accent kit big is that both the accents for the 40s and "standard" kits are in it (its got 16 enter keys lol). I do agree with moving some of the accent keys around, I suggest moving the standard sized grey accent keys to the base, and separating the 40s accent to another kit or make it a part of the 40s kit.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 July 2021, 17:52:57 by jabe8i »

Offline Quilay

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 14 July 2021, 18:33:49 »
vroom vroom

431st member of the oranje theme

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 06:53:50 »
Love the simplicity and the colour way.  Would love to see UK ISO added to the Latin alphas please.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline Swishy

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 17:18:09 »
vroom vroom

Show Image

Vroom Vroom indeed! :D

Offline Swishy

Re: [IC]ePBT Racing Hangul - A simple colorway set - kitting changes made
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 18:39:57 »
Kitting update bump

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 19:00:23 »
Kitting update bump
since there's already a 40s accent kit, shouldn't the small enters on the "regular" accent kit be removed?

edit: thumbs up for the f13 on base tho.
Also forgive my ignorance here, but what was the reason for adding another 2.25 u shift?
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 July 2021, 19:04:59 by jabe8i »

Offline Swishy

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 19:01:03 »
Kitting update bump
since there's already a 40s accent kit, shouldn't the small enters on the "regular" accent kit be removed?
I have listed that in the possible kitting changes list

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 20:32:53 »
Kitting update bump
I have listed that in the possible kitting changes list
oh, I didnt see that lol. apologies

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 09:36:46 »
Any chance of you adding x2 R1 1.5u Super/Code keys to the base kit to cover HHKB layout (1u Alt / 1.5u Code / 7u Spacebar / 1.5u Code / 1u Alt) please?

Offline jabe8i

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 07:56:15 »

Also forgive my ignorance here, but what was the reason for adding another 2.25 u shift?

also just realized that there are 2 images for the Latin alpha kit.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 03:21:13 »

also just realized that there are 2 images for the Latin alpha kit.
updated it, and the extra 2.25 is for 661 I believe.

Offline thestrayed

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 09:07:21 »
Yes

Offline tofulo

Re: [IC]ePBT Simple Hangul - A simple colorway set - kitting changes made
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 22:59:43 »
I love how the hangul is a different color

Offline Arcoril

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 02:17:52 »
I love windowed keys but the windowed Num Lock is missing. Would it be possible to get one of them in either the Accents kit or the Numpad kit?

Offline Swishy

« Reply #43 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 06:41:51 »
I love windowed keys but the windowed Num Lock is missing. Would it be possible to get one of them in either the Accents kit or the Numpad kit?
I will go add this now will update tomorrow

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 09:37:24 »
Any chance of you adding x2 R1 1.5u Super/Code keys to the base kit to cover HHKB layout (1u Alt / 1.5u Code / 7u Spacebar / 1.5u Code / 1u Alt) please?

Nothing on this, Swishy?

Offline Swishy

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 12:52:29 »

Nothing on this, Swishy?
sorry, missed this the first time will add

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 14:15:25 »

No worries! Thanks for adding this : )

If I may also add, there seems to be missing a red 1u pipe key for split backspace in the accent kit.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 July 2021, 14:18:34 by _PixelNinja »

Offline Swishy

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 18:02:20 »

No worries! Thanks for adding this : )

If I may also add, there seems to be missing a red 1u pipe key for split backspace in the accent kit.
oh great catch I had completely forgotten split backspace as its inferior will add now./s

Offline thestrayed

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 11:00:35 »
Yeap Hangul, Yeap L9, Yeap

Offline gloomycloud

• me enjoy 60s
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 04:37:55 »
Great set, looking forward to it. Can you consider N9 lettering? 2B seems a little bit too faded for me.
HHKB Pro 2 || Polaris || Kei || Meridian || X60 V2