Author Topic: [HELP] Unable to flash bootloader on mysterium - tried AVRISP and Arduino  (Read 1600 times)

Offline joscope

Hello everyone. I am building a mysterium keyboard: https://github.com/coseyfannitutti/mysterium and it uses DIY components. I purchased them directly from the manufacturer, but I was not able to flash a bootloader onto it. I somehow managed to do this once for a controller, but have not been able to replicate it since (this is probably the mots frustrating part). Here's what i have done:

1. downloaded the custom bootloader for the keyboard here: https://github.com/coseyfannitutti/mysterium/tree/master/doc/bootloader
2. Programmed my arduino as ISP and uploaded the sketch
3. connected the pins from the arduino to the ISP header of my keyboard
4. ran make, make flash and make fuse commands after i had cd'ed into the directory on mac

I have repeated this with an AVRISP controller purchased off the internet, i updated the avrdude software to the latest version as well.

Somehow, I was not able to get it working and there were many repeated error messages. I have attached the error message when I try make flash. using the command make is fine and does not yield any errors. I do not think it is a hardware issue, as i have 2 PCBs and when i switched the working controller to the other PCBs they worked fine.

Thank you for the help in advance!

Mod edit: fixed link
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 August 2021, 10:09:22 by suicidal_orange »

Offline Tactile

...I have attached the error message when I try make flash. using the command make is fine and does not yield any errors...

Your MAKE command yielded no errors because it did nothing - nothing happened. That's what "Nothing to be done" means.

You need to read and/or modify your make file or add parameters to the make command. Example: "make firmware" or "make keyboard"

Also, did you do "make clean" first?
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 August 2021, 10:29:03 by Tactile »
REΛLFORCE