geekhack Community > Input Devices

What Pointing Device Are You Using Now?

<< < (3/118) > >>

SpAmRaY:
Logitech G700s

Elrick:

--- Quote from: samwisekoi on Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:10:53 ---Since I use a Model M with that true-age yellow tint, for a mouse I bought an ancient Microsoft mouse on eBay, and then replaced the insides with those from a brand-new Microsoft Laser Mouse.

Looks old, works new.  Matches the Model M plastic perfectly!  Was way easier to do than I expected.

- Ron | samwisekoi

--- End quote ---

YES, that's the way to do it.  Re-use the shell for something better and keep on using it.  A shame no company makes shells to accept mouse internals like Razer's, Logitech's and Microsoft mice.  It means you can choose what type of internals to use yourself.

I'm sure some Chinese company would love to start a business selling universal shells to accept almost any internal sensor and switch from other manufacturers.

suby4me:
Also using a logitech G700s. I was using a rat mmo 7 before, but decided to give the 700s a whirl.

Pacifist:

--- Quote from: samwisekoi on Wed, 05 March 2014, 15:10:53 ---Since I use a Model M with that true-age yellow tint, for a mouse I bought an ancient Microsoft mouse on eBay, and then replaced the insides with those from a brand-new Microsoft Laser Mouse.

Looks old, works new.  Matches the Model M plastic perfectly!  Was way easier to do than I expected.

- Ron | samwisekoi

--- End quote ---

Do you have pictures? I'd love to see it

Elrick:

--- Quote from: Pacifist on Wed, 05 March 2014, 21:40:30 ---

- Ron | samwisekoi

--- End quote ---

Do you have pictures? I'd love to see it

--- End quote ---

Did you have to dremel the bottom of the older mouse to fit the new internals?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version