Author Topic: Post your BS boards here!  (Read 431702 times)

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Post your BS boards here!
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 22:08:44 »
Low light picture.

Show Image

Very nice! It has a very bold and heavy look to it. The lighting really was a good choice. Between the brushed look and that check key it makes it more convincing of being metal.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 22:13:05 »
Low light picture.

Show Image

Very nice! It has a very bold and heavy look to it. The lighting really was a good choice. Between the brushed look and that check key it makes it more convincing of being metal.

It's more than just a heavy and brushed look.  The case on the 4704's are cast aluminum so they are in fact very heavy for their size.  I believe the 107 key version is well over 8 pounds.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 22:18:53 »
Low light picture.

Show Image

It's more than just a heavy and brushed look.  The case on the 4704's are cast aluminum so they are in fact very heavy for their size.  I believe the 107 key version is well over 8 pounds.

I had no idea. I thought it was a plastic shell painted to look like AL. Thanks for the info!
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 22:21:41 »
Low light picture.

Show Image

I had no idea. I thought it was a plastic shell painted to look like AL. Thanks for the info!

Nope, that is one of the few buckling springs with a 60% form factor, aka the Kishsaver.  There was a lot of 50 discovered a few years ago and this is one of them.  The top and bottom half of the case are cast aluminum with a lot of stiffening ribs through them. 
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 22:28:05 »
Low light picture.

Show Image

that looks amazing sleepy! that brushed aluminum look is choice man, bravo. Great to see some love for the checkeys they are high up on my list of CC favs  :thumb:

Thanks Punk! Yes the checkeys are great, just gives it that little touch of awesome.

Are you guys actually using your Checkeys?  I would really like to, but I'm afraid the shiny coating will rub off.  I have no problems using the normal plastic CCs, but I'm worried about these metallic coated ones.

Beautiful board by the way.  Love the brushed metal look. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline mougrim

« Reply #155 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 00:28:40 »
Low light picture.

Show Image

Super! You are one of the lucky lot :)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 21:19:45 »
Low light picture.

Show Image

that looks amazing sleepy! that brushed aluminum look is choice man, bravo. Great to see some love for the checkeys they are high up on my list of CC favs  :thumb:

Thanks Punk! Yes the checkeys are great, just gives it that little touch of awesome.

Are you guys actually using your Checkeys?  I would really like to, but I'm afraid the shiny coating will rub off.  I have no problems using the normal plastic CCs, but I'm worried about these metallic coated ones.

Thanks! I like it because it doesn't have to look perfect to look good. Yeah I never use any of my CCs, I just take a picture and back it goes into the abyss!  :)

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #157 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 21:22:08 »
Low light picture.

Show Image

yummers. very nice, sleepy :)
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 21:23:46 »
Low light picture.

Show Image

HHNNNGGG~ Absolutely splendid, mang.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 21:29:24 »
Low light picture.

Show Image

I use mine as winkeys.  They're relatively low-use keys, so if there is a risk of the shine wearing off I'm not worried.   :thumb:

This is what mine looked* like during regular use.  ;)

BroCaps Kishsaver by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

*only change now is fewer BroBots across the top.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 21:32:24 »
I use mine as winkeys.  They're relatively low-use keys, so if there is a risk of the shine wearing off I'm not worried.   :thumb:

Show Image

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 21:33:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

:thumb:

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 21:55:45 »
Low light picture.

Show Image

Show Image

I had no idea bro made so many BS v2s already  :D
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 22:07:04 »

Show Image

I had no idea bro made so many BS v2s already  :D

Hehehe.  He sent 'em all to me!   >:D

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 22:09:47 »

Low light picture.

Show Image

It tops 10 lbs.  it feels twice that.  These are the very definition of solid.  Makes Ms feel like a play toy.  I'm jealous your brushed look is better than mine.  Did you clear cost it?

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 22:26:35 »

Low light picture.

Show Image

It tops 10 lbs.  it feels twice that.  These are the very definition of solid.  Makes Ms feel like a play toy.  I'm jealous your brushed look is better than mine.  Did you clear cost it?

Yeah I clear coated it. It is not as silver looking as before.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 00:06:55 »
Low light picture.

Show Image

Show Image

I will still come to your place and steal them all  :blank: :blank: one day...
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline mougrim

« Reply #167 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 00:57:56 »
All you people with Kishsavers make me green with envy :)
IBM AT Model F, Vortexgear Race 3, AEKII (Alps Cream Damped), Metoo Zero (modded to Kailh Box Navy)

Offline Glenn315

• Hey
« Reply #168 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 12:47:30 »
Finally got one!  :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #169 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 22:49:43 »
^ Congratulations on your SSK acquisition :)

A very nice keyboard.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #170 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 01:15:24 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice grab, one of they board I love so much :)
now go hunt some novelties
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Glenn315

• Hey
« Reply #171 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 21:14:56 »
What's funny is that I didn't even pay for it. It is the current daily driver over my Filco and Ducky.  :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 03:13:46 »
What's funny is that I didn't even pay for it. It is the current daily driver over my Filco and Ducky.  :p

Didn't pay for it :eek:

Living the dream!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #173 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 03:28:02 »

Nice! Is that the condition it came in?! I got mine for the price of nothing as well but the condition of mine I more than paid for it in replacement parts and labor to save it. So worth it though.
Keyboards
More

Offline MessyCaps

• Stressed out cap maker taking a break :S
« Reply #174 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 03:58:25 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice! Congratz, hopefully one day I have enough savings to splash on one of these boards. Doubt I would find one second hand with my luck.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #175 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 06:59:05 »
Just two boring boards from me, but I finally got my ISO M completed. JUST WANT AN ARTISAN FOR IT GODDAMMIT

I have a terminal M which is missing a few keys, and has two keys on the numpad where the plus should be, but other than that it's pretty non-descript.

Some interesting keys on it though. Might swap in my ISO M soon to use it daily.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Glenn315

• Hey
« Reply #176 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 18:50:54 »
Nice! Is that the condition it came in?! I got mine for the price of nothing as well but the condition of mine I more than paid for it in replacement parts and labor to save it. So worth it though.
It was in pretty good condition when I received it, but I cleaned it up a little!

Didn't pay for it :eek:

Living the dream!
Haha, yeah!

Nice! Congratz, hopefully one day I have enough savings to splash on one of these boards. Doubt I would find one second hand with my luck.
I believe that you'll find one some day. I waited years to get my hands on this!

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 00:22:15 »
1393464 Sabre.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:58:41 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #178 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 00:34:14 »
Lexmark 1398601.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:59:01 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 00:44:48 »
IBM 13H6705.

« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:59:31 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #180 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 01:04:48 »
Well I was going to post a shot of mine, but I ripped the micro USB port of the back of the controller.  Teach me to not use any sort of strain relief.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #181 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 01:06:51 »
IBM 1370477
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 08:59:55 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #182 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 01:14:05 »
IBM 1392595
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 09:00:12 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #183 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 01:24:23 »
 Lexmark 1397961
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 09:00:28 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #184 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 05:03:32 »
IBM 1391401
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 09:01:12 by Snowdog993 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #185 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 05:05:59 »
Lexmark 1397961 10-03-94

Of course my SSK.  Just a glimpse for now.  More to come later, I promise. 

New avatar pic?

Nice :)

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 05:18:37 »
Unicomp UNI0446

« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 09:01:54 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 05:23:11 »
Lexmark 1397961 10-03-94

Of course my SSK.  Just a glimpse for now.  More to come later, I promise. 

New avatar pic?

Nice :)

For now Rowdy.  I will probably revert or change it later.....

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 10 March 2015, 11:01:13 »
IBM 51G8572
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 09:02:16 by Snowdog993 »

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #189 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 01:21:54 »
IBM 1394204

« Last Edit: Thu, 12 March 2015, 09:02:52 by Snowdog993 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #190 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 01:56:24 »
I guess all my stuff has been seen before....
Oh well.  I'm still getting things done...
I need to find some blank keycaps. Or I need to find a Down Arrow with Fwd printed on the front.
Crud.  There is always something missing.

IBM 1394204 terminal keyboard.  Work in progress.  Not too sure but it seems to be leaning toward the APL keyset.
A
More
can be useful for condensing 11 consecutive posts into 1
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 02:16:35 »
This doesn't need to be here.  And yes hwood, I agree with you completely! 
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 March 2015, 13:08:05 by Snowdog993 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 02:32:29 »

A
More

I didn't post them all at the same time hwood.  I haven't done anything like that with my posts.  Is there something wrong with my posts?  Am I just a spam **** or something?  LOL!  I don't know how to do that anyway.  I just posted the way a regular user will.

I thought maybe some people might be interested in what I do.  Some more than others.

Would you rather I just take every picture out of every single post because I have no idea HOW to do that?
no problem really, it just looks a little cleaner is all. You can upload the pics to imgur or some other site, then list the boards, and put the images and relevant info into
More
like this[/more[

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 02:38:22 »
This doesn't need to be here.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 March 2015, 13:02:38 by Snowdog993 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 02:41:03 »

A
More

I didn't post them all at the same time hwood.  I haven't done anything like that with my posts.  Is there something wrong with my posts?  Am I just a spam **** or something?  LOL!  I don't know how to do that anyway.  I just posted the way a regular user will.

I thought maybe some people might be interested in what I do.  Some more than others.

Would you rather I just take every picture out of every single post because I have no idea HOW to do that?
no problem really, it just looks a little cleaner is all. You can upload the pics to imgur or some other site, then list the boards, and put the images and relevant info into
More
like this[/more[
I've never done that, and I am super dang tired.  I posted in the right thread.  I didn't post this in "Show me your CC's" or HHKB's or Cherry's.  Please bear with me, I was trying to share some information and show some things that people can actually do with their BS keyboards.
It's a love and a hobby we all share here.  I just don't seem to do things the way everyone assumes I would know how to do.  I'm sorry but I do feel a bit offended because all I was trying to do was share what I know with other people.
It seems everyone here knows and does a hell of a lot more than I can do BTW.
I guess that's what it is all about.  After all, it's just the internet.
Well, now you know :thumb:

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 02:44:42 »
This doesn't need to be here.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 March 2015, 13:02:56 by Snowdog993 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 11:21:25 »
Well, now you know :thumb:

I wish I did know hwood.  I know what you're saying, it's just something I have never done.  I don't think throwing this thread off topic is good either.  There is no argument.

No matter what I do, it's not correct.  What is correct?  I am beginning to not like it here at all.
sorry for trying to help you?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 11:27:10 »
IBM 1370477 2-13-95.
This is also a full bolt-modded board done by Phosphorglow. Blue Label, Blue Underlay.  It is sweet!

I *really* need to do this to my SSK. Paint the plate and then add some LEDs like Phosphorglow does. It looks so cool.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 11:40:39 »

A
More

Why are you being so upset with the guy?
Did he ever say that you were a spammer?
Did he ever say he wasn't interested in what you did?
Where in that suggestion did he ever patronize or condescend on you?
All he was doing was giving you a little bit of advice to help you and then you responded in the most poor manner that one could have.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 11:44:19 »
Everyone just calm the **** down  >:D