Author Topic: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Complete)  (Read 228298 times)

Offline oatsbagotes

Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Sorting and Packing)
« Reply #450 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 20:10:05 »
When will shipping begin?
Shipping has already begun, look at the first page

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #451 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 20:19:56 »
Yeah, it is a nice set but I am trying to cut down my collection. Sold it for cost + shipping.

Yeah, it is a nice set but I am trying to cut down my collection. Sold it for cost + shipping.

yeah, you did let it go for a great price. not trying to accuse you of just flipping it, sorry! i've just seen a lot of your GMK on the market early

Wanted that set so bad, missed out to someone else over literally seconds lol. But yea good price on it

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #452 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 03:37:23 »
Got my goods today. I should build that TX boards that used living under my bed and put these on.

Thank you!

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #453 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 05:17:40 »
Hearing people are receiving packages is getting me excited. Can't wait to have this set in hand!
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline busgamer7394

« Reply #454 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 06:32:06 »
Manifex, I think I love you. This is exactly what I need in a keyset. You should do a GB for imperial modifiers :p

I can make some dye sub mods would these https://goo.gl/tLcYaD match?

Some of my work is attached

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #455 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 11:00:29 »
Got my goods today. I should build that TX boards that used living under my bed and put these on.

Thank you!

Wow, that was quick!  How was packaging?  Any recommendations?

Offline WolfTickets

Re: [GB] GMK Barebones Stormtrooper (Shipping)
« Reply #456 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 15:52:51 »
Got my set today.  Laid them out already.  All keys were there, no extras, none missing.  The lettering looks super crisp.  I felt the original planned schedule was more than reasonable, and for these to start being sent out ahead of schedule shows more than just due diligence on your part.  This has been a very well organized group buy, and mad props to Manifex.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #457 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 16:15:26 »
hey manny, got mine yesterday too! just been too busy to pull them out and inspect them. guess i need to finish the VE.A this weekend and deck it out for the rebels premier

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #458 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 17:39:37 »
Everything was fine and for me the packing was adequate. I built my TX-CP last night and put these keys on. The CP layout is a bit weird and had me scratching my head as to what keys to put on the top two rows of the numpad. I plan to take some photos tonight.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #459 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 18:18:10 »
Seeing a lot of people getting their sets that aren't marked as Shipped on the list so I assume it's not up to date (which is no big deal). MaNiFeX, any update on how far down the list you are for shipping?

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #460 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 18:36:26 »
Seeing a lot of people getting their sets that aren't marked as Shipped on the list so I assume it's not up to date (which is no big deal). MaNiFeX, any update on how far down the list you are for shipping?

I've got a busy month ahead of me.  My daughter's birthday, my mom is visiting for Christmas, and I've got the kids for Christmas.  I'll do my best to update the list.  I'm catching up with International orders, but I'll update the list ASAP.  Sorry, guys, I underestimated the effort it would take to ship these out.  I'm doing my best. 

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #461 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 20:16:24 »

I've got a busy month ahead of me.  My daughter's birthday, my mom is visiting for Christmas, and I've got the kids for Christmas.  I'll do my best to update the list.  I'm catching up with International orders, but I'll update the list ASAP.  Sorry, guys, I underestimated the effort it would take to ship these out.  I'm doing my best.

Man, you're doing great! I definitely wasn't complaining. If anything, it's the opposite. You're actually shipping within your scheduled shipping time and that's better than the majority of GBs!

I'm super eager to get my set but I'm not worried that you'll deliver and I'm in no real rush. Take time for yourself and we'll get things when we get them. :-)

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #462 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 08:16:10 »
You're already doing better than some just by taking time to say that you're on it, but it may take time. It goes a long way to reassure people.

Offline polentA

• Formerly withoutrulers
  • GMK plz
« Reply #463 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 16:26:33 »
Set received! Thanks for all your work MaNi. Temporarily have the set on my Filco MJ2 at work for a "white Christmas" board, but this set will eventually end up on a different board after the holidays. I was previously typing on GMK Cyan, but Stormtrooper feels so much better. Don't know what the difference is exactly, but I am thoroughly satisfied with everything! :thumb:

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #464 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 16:33:56 »
Set received! Thanks for all your work MaNi. Temporarily have the set on my Filco MJ2 at work for a "white Christmas" board, but this set will eventually end up on a different board after the holidays. I was previously typing on GMK Cyan, but Stormtrooper feels so much better. Don't know what the difference is exactly, but I am thoroughly satisfied with everything! :thumb:

It feels like the finish is almost like PBT...  a bit of texture.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #465 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 05:21:18 »
Right where they belong.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #466 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 09:12:38 »
For anyone that missed out on this the set is now up on 1upkeyboards.com . I already purchased mine in advance from them before it was listed, just letting the rest of you guys that ended up missing out know !

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #467 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 09:24:04 »
Woo, looking forward to shipping!

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #468 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 12:04:58 »
Pics are looking great... can't wait to get my set! Very impressive GB execution here, MaNiFeX!!

Offline honeynugget

• /u/honeynugget on reddit
« Reply #469 on: Fri, 02 December 2016, 20:32:32 »
My set arrived yesterday in pristine condition. Thanks for a smooth group buy, Manifex  :thumb:

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #470 on: Sat, 03 December 2016, 05:48:43 »
Right where they belong.
Show Image

Wow that board looks great. That purple looks made for Skeletor through.

Offline boo

« Reply #471 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 00:07:56 »
Checking what order number has been shipped so far. I'm in 140s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline axtran

« Reply #472 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 01:58:32 »
I'm still waiting too! :(
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #473 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 09:48:45 »
Ordered from 1upkeyboards and mine was estimed to arrive yesterday, got really excited, anddd now the delivery date is monday. Longest day waiting for these

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #474 on: Sun, 04 December 2016, 11:11:20 »
I love manifex's documentation of this GB: clean, concise, frequently updated. Very non-nonsense.

Cheers,

K.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #475 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 15:56:23 »
Right where they belong.
Show Image

Wow, love that this set fits the layout.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #476 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 15:58:02 »
I love manifex's documentation of this GB: clean, concise, frequently updated. Very non-nonsense.

Cheers,

K.

Thanks.  I've been trying.  Been a busy two weeks for me.  I'll be sending some more out tomorrow or Wednesday.  Doing my best to send out in order, but the international ones are way more labor intensive than domestic.  Bear with me as I get through the shipping.  Glad to hear that they are received unscathed.

MaNiFeX

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #477 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 16:14:15 »

It's been updated!  More to ship out soon!

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #478 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 16:18:14 »
Pics are looking great... can't wait to get my set! Very impressive GB execution here, MaNiFeX!!

Thank you.  I've been stressing about not getting these out quick enough.  I appreciate all of your support and patience as I get through this initial group of international orders. 

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #479 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 20:49:20 »
Got my set in from 1upkeyboards and it looks amazing! Will upload some pics tomorrow.  Just need to get my gmk white on black icon mod pack to arrive, and finish my custom cable and i'll be done with my stormtrooper board!

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #480 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 21:56:08 »
Got my set in from 1upkeyboards and it looks amazing! Will upload some pics tomorrow.  Just need to get my gmk white on black icon mod pack to arrive, and finish my custom cable and i'll be done with my stormtrooper board!

Glad you like it!  What would you call the white?  White, bone, off-white?

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #481 on: Mon, 05 December 2016, 23:29:33 »

Definitely white, as white as you could get i think. Doesn't seem to have any creamish color to it at all which im happy about. I have a high-gloss white desk and it matches that perfectly (except its not shiny obviously).  Someone mentioned some backlight bleed through on the F and J since theyre scooped but I think that might vary from person to person. I have no bleed through on my F, and very minimal bleedthrough on the J (i hate bleed through and its good for me and my rgb is on red and the highest brightness for the pok3r.)

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #482 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 12:46:37 »

Definitely white, as white as you could get i think. Doesn't seem to have any creamish color to it at all which im happy about. I have a high-gloss white desk and it matches that perfectly (except its not shiny obviously).  Someone mentioned some backlight bleed through on the F and J since theyre scooped but I think that might vary from person to person. I have no bleed through on my F, and very minimal bleedthrough on the J (i hate bleed through and its good for me and my rgb is on red and the highest brightness for the pok3r.)

Thanks for the feedback!  More shipping out today.

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #483 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 12:48:51 »
Can't wait the hype is real!!  :D
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #484 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 13:24:57 »

Wait until you feel the texture of a brand new GMK set.  OMG, much nicer than my Dolch set was for some reason. 

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #485 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 13:28:35 »

Wait until you feel the texture of a brand new GMK set.  OMG, much nicer than my Dolch set was for some reason.

WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS. IT'S MAKING ME SAD

Side note: this will be my first GMK set.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 December 2016, 13:37:36 by Fictiouz »

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #486 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 13:55:24 »

I concur, my recently received GMK Carbon feels completely different to the GMK Dolch set I own, even though they are both pretty much brand new. It seems GMK has tweaked their moulds recently or something, the caps have a much 'grippier' texture for lack of a better word.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #487 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 14:13:52 »

I concur, my recently received GMK Carbon feels completely different to the GMK Dolch set I own, even though they are both pretty much brand new. It seems GMK has tweaked their moulds recently or something, the caps have a much 'grippier' texture for lack of a better word.

OK, good.  Glad it wasn't just me.

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #488 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 16:56:47 »
Hi All,

I just sent out another group of packages, most international.  The international shipping is costing more than I anticipated.  I set a price and stand by it, so I'm going to go ahead and ship everyone's, but I'm following up with a request to help pay the difference, if possible. 

I should have charged $25 for international shipping instead of $15 because I'm sending it boxed overseas.  I hope this isn't an issue for anyone.

Thank You,

MaNiFeX

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #489 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 16:57:09 »
Manifex, I think I love you. This is exactly what I need in a keyset. You should do a GB for imperial modifiers :p

I can make some dye sub mods would these https://goo.gl/tLcYaD match?

Some of my work is attached

They appear that they will match!

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #490 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 17:51:23 »
Hi All,

I just sent out another group of packages, most international.  The international shipping is costing more than I anticipated.  I set a price and stand by it, so I'm going to go ahead and ship everyone's, but I'm following up with a request to help pay the difference, if possible. 

I should have charged $25 for international shipping instead of $15 because I'm sending it boxed overseas.  I hope this isn't an issue for anyone.

Thank You,

MaNiFeX

Send me the invoice fam  :-*

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #491 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 21:43:55 »
Hi All,

Thank You,

MaNiFeX

I'm in Canada, not overseas, but if it's going to cost more to ship here, I'm happy to pay the extra.

Offline jal

• I can't believe it's not gravy!
« Reply #492 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 22:07:59 »
Got mine today. They are so very white.

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #493 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 03:09:45 »
Hi All,

Thank You,

MaNiFeX

I'll pay the extra cost in a few days. What did you declare as customs value?
I like keyboards

Offline dsaf

« Reply #494 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 06:08:21 »
When I saw this http://1upkeyboards.com/product_info.php?products_id=349 I assumed that it really can be purchased - yet did not receive any reply to my email/PMs. Am I correct to understand that everyone is busy processing the group buy backlog of orders? So anyone buying from the site will have to pay extra to receive it after everyone else - way after Christmas? Maybe it's fair, but worth clarifying on the store page - to avoid misleading people...
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 December 2016, 06:17:03 by dsaf »

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #495 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 07:31:56 »
When I saw this http://1upkeyboards.com/product_info.php?products_id=349 I assumed that it really can be purchased - yet did not receive any reply to my email/PMs. Am I correct to understand that everyone is busy processing the group buy backlog of orders? So anyone buying from the site will have to pay extra to receive it after everyone else - way after Christmas? Maybe it's fair, but worth clarifying on the store page - to avoid misleading people...

Didn't completely understand what you wrote here but 1upkeyboards received 10 sets to sell aftermarket. It's a higher price because it's aftermarket prices and not group buy prices since you missed it. They are ready to ship though, I bought one last Thursday night, shipped Friday, and had it Monday

Offline dsaf

« Reply #496 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 07:52:00 »
They are ready to ship though, I bought one last Thursday night, shipped Friday, and had it Monday

The price is fine, I will wait for a reply then. Just assumed there is a lot of orders to go out hence no reply to my order email - not even an automatic acknowledgement response (other shops reply within few hours). Thanks.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 December 2016, 07:55:25 by dsaf »

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #497 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 07:54:31 »
MaNiFeX is the organizer of this group buy and is shipping all the group buy orders by himself. 1upkeyboards is a different entity that bought 10 or so sets, already received them, and is now selling/shipping their sets. The updates you see above from MaNiFeX about shipping times has nothing to do with them.

Offline dsaf

« Reply #498 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 09:48:04 »
MaNiFeX is the organizer of this group buy and is shipping all the group buy orders by himself. 1upkeyboards is a different entity that bought 10 or so sets, already received them, and is now selling/shipping their sets. The updates you see above from MaNiFeX about shipping times has nothing to do with them.

Makes sense, thanks.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #499 on: Wed, 07 December 2016, 10:14:56 »
They are ready to ship though, I bought one last Thursday night, shipped Friday, and had it Monday

The price is fine, I will wait for a reply then. Just assumed there is a lot of orders to go out hence no reply to my order email - not even an automatic acknowledgement response (other shops reply within few hours). Thanks.

Not sure what you're on about, Manifex has nothing to do with 1upkeyboard, that site is run by skiwithpete