Author Topic: Halifax, Nova Scotia Meet-up 27/11  (Read 13339 times)

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
Halifax, Nova Scotia Meet-up 27/11
« on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 11:14:50 »
Pictures Incoming...

Hey guys,

Everything is finalized!
The meetup will be held at Dalhousie University Computer Science Building, Floor 2, Learning Centre and will take place Sunday, November 27th, 6:00-9:00PM. There will NOT be any charges for rental space and bring any snacks you would like.
Can't wait to see all the different keyboards and meet you guys!

Cheers,
Fictiouz

More
(22.09.16)

Hey guys,

I know that there are some mechanical keyboard enthusiasts here, but it is pretty sparse.

So my objective is trying to find anyone in the city to have a meet-up, but lets not limit it to just members of the community. Bring any friends that may show some interest in the field; maybe video gamers, maybe typists. Anyone and everyone is welcome and I want to try and organize something for us all to do.

I was most likely thinking the Board Room Café on Barrington would be an awesome choice but may be a bit pricey. Another option could be Dalhousie University as they have various facilities and rooms that aren't being used after hours. I am open to any suggestions!

Let me know what you guys think and help me find some more MK users in this barren city of rubber domes.

If we get enough interest I will definitely try to contact some vendors to see if they will donate some things to be given away at the meet-up. Maybe I will even give away some of my artisans!

Also posted to reddit: https://redd.it/53yddh

IC Form: https://goo.gl/forms/Szx450OeuhEQDjUI3

(01.10.16)

Current IC Replies:

Looks like the weekend of the 21st is winning by a hair and the Boardroom is unanimous. We have 7 forms filled with a potential of 4 guests and one other member of the community who may also be interested. Who knew there were 12 people of the keyboard community roaming these streets. :p

I currently need to contact the Boardroom and am working on some items for giveaways; these will most likely be some artisans or other items donated by me. May try contacting some vendors to see if they would like to help with the gift of giving. Would love to see everyone leave with something.

Please contact me if there are any concerns or questions regarding the meetup! :)

reddit update: https://redd.it/55g1vb

(24.10.16)

So guys I'm back at it again with another update!

IC Form Replies

The final date has been set to be the weekend of November 25, 2016. I am now in the process of contacting the Boardroom to see if we can use them as a venue. Once finalized I will post another update. Remember this is a 19+ venue and you may require an ID to enter. This include any potential guests.

The IC form now has 10 forms filled with two other attendees and a wopping 8 potential guests. Round of applause Halifax. I didn't think you had it in you.

Mobbo and Drevyek will be working fairly closely with me and helping when they can, but if there are any questions please contact me.

We are looking at doing a kind of open marketplace as well. We want to give people the chance to make trades and transactions in person. The more interaction the better. Offer your skills and services to one another and make friends. :)

We also have some fun announcements I would like to share in regards to donations:
  • On the artisan side of things eat_the_food of NightCaps, zorberema of ZorbCaps and baddy126 of BadMojo Keycaps will be doing some custom stuff to be given away at the meetup for you lucky folks.
  • Vendors such as jchan94 of KeyClack and Zeal of ZealPC have also agreed to donate some small items to be given away as well.

(07.11.2016)
So I'm back with more news on venue pricing and am here to get you guys opinion.

ADDED 08.11.2016: Any friends that you will be bringing will be required to pay as well. They have an equal chance at winning the raffles and will be entitled to a meal and beverage. Please get them to fill out the form with a method of contact in the username area if they do not use reddit/slack/geekhack. I want to have a gauge of exactly how many people will be coming so I can determine if any additional funds need to be raised to cover the cost of the venue.

If The Boardroom Cafe is selected the date of the meet-up will be Sunday, November 27th, 2016.

Current IC Replies:

The total cost of the rental would be $575CAD. This would be an unlimited amount of time in the backroom of The Boardroom Cafe. This Fee would include a meal and beverage for everyone up to 25 people. Every person after 25 people would be an additional $25CAD.

In order to cover this cost we would require 23 people if charged $25CAD/person. This seems like the most logical price point due to the current turn out on the original IC Form (14 + 12 potential guests).

Primary food options are grilled sandwiches and pizzas, with snack bowls (candy, chocolate, pretzels, etc) also available. Beverages include coffee, tea, beer, wine, cider, milkshakes, and soda.

If the decision is yes and there isn't enough turn out I will front the remainder of the cash and probably sell a cap or two to reimburse myself the money. Anyone may feel free to donate extra cash to go towards venue cost but there would be a $25CAD minimum fee.

Food and Beverage Option IC

If there are enough objections another venue will be located.

On another note meetup donations are arriving and being shipped.

• ETF's Custom Fugu's have arrived:
  • Zorb has casted some new sculpts which will be premiering at this meetup.
  • Baddy126 is shipping next week or the week after.
  • Jchan94 has sent 4 DIY Cable Kits that are in transit.
  • Zeal is awaiting receipt of R4 Zeals to provide the switch sampler.

In the event any package does not make it in time for the meetup the item will be raffled, a note will be taken and the prize will be provided to the winner upon receipt of the package.

If the Boardroom is selected I will be providing my PayPal to collect the $25 dollars from each individual. This will ensure that the payment for the venue. Whether people can attend or not.
IF PAYMENT IS SUBMITTED AND YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND YOU WILL STILL BE ENTERED TO WIN IN ANY GIVEAWAYS THAT WILL BE HAPPENING AT THE MEETUP.

IC Form for new potential attendees.

(23.11.2016)

Donations are still arriving and in transit.

• ETF's Custom Fugu's have arrived:
  • Jchan94's 4 DIY Cable Kits have arrived:
  • Baddy126 Pyros have arrived:
  • Zorb has casted some of his new sculpt for the meetup. In transit.
  • Zeal is awaiting receipt of R4 Zeals to provide the switch sampler.

Reddit Mirror
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 November 2016, 07:47:20 by Fictiouz »
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
Re: [IC] Halifax, Nova Scotia Meet-up
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 13:46:08 »
PHOTODUMP

« Last Edit: Sat, 21 January 2017, 10:52:32 by Fictiouz »
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline Gajible

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 14:21:44 »
Best of luck! I know your pain..

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 22 September 2016, 14:24:05 »
Best of luck! I know your pain..

The reddit post actually showed a bit of a turn out. So this might actual end up happening :D

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 01 October 2016, 19:42:54 »
UPDATED OP

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 20:43:27 »
UPDATED OP

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 19:26:00 »
BUMP

Offline drevyek

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 20:22:22 »
HA LI FAX

HA LI FAX

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 20:23:32 »

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 09:29:08 »
mini bump. minor update added to OP

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 09:57:08 »
What is the projected  Female ratio..
Show Image

I've had two of my really good female friends threaten to show up with rubber domes and iPad keyboards. :confused:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 10:00:22 »
26 people estimate on that list

All youses gotta do to beat the Gekhack ratio is haz more than 1 female.. 

//Clutch 

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
Re: [IC] Halifax, Nova Scotia Meet-up 27/11
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 13:49:37 »
ITS HAPPENING

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
Re: Halifax, Nova Scotia Meet-up 27/11
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 13:55:57 »
ITS HAPPENING

take lots of fotos.

Mobbo is going to be my designated camera man  :thumb:

Offline drevyek

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 15:12:07 »
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 15:16:56 »
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

BE THERE BE THERE BE THERE

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 16:59:49 »
More stuff arrived for give aways!