Author Topic: Post Your Phantom Pictures Here!  (Read 126959 times)

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
Re: Post Your Phantom Pictures Here!
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 11:16:11 »
This belongs here:

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #351 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 11:34:24 »
This belongs here:

Show Image

Love it.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Slavfot

« Reply #352 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 11:42:23 »
Here is my phantom keybaord.
Keeping it ultralow and clean with only rubberfeets glued on to the PCB.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #353 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 22:38:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice..DE Skidata + DE WoB + SP?

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #354 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 22:51:26 »
I should just get a phantom PCB and plate just for the hell of it.... :-X

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #355 on: Mon, 19 May 2014, 23:54:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

That looks amazing, does it move a lot? Do you play games with it?

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline Slavfot

« Reply #356 on: Tue, 20 May 2014, 09:28:44 »

Show Image

Show Image

That looks amazing, does it move a lot? Do you play games with it?

It doesn't move at all, the rubberfeets are perfect sticky.
I play some starcraft and WoW, it has been great for that.

Very nice..DE Skidata + DE WoB + SP?

It's actually NO+DE Skidata to create SE layout, and the WoB is from a brand new DK, and SP Tsangan.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #357 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 07:30:38 »
71189-0

freshly built with 'older' mx clears  8)

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #358 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 14:26:09 »
This is my third Phantom build and favorite. It has MX gray linear switches with 62g Korean springs, OFR case with removable usb, refinished in metallic black. It took me while to find a set of GMK purple mods to go with the WoB cherry doubleshot alphas. Its my favorite MX switch keyboard.

Offline pasph

« Reply #359 on: Thu, 17 July 2014, 16:23:37 »
 :rolleyes: :mad: :'(
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #360 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 10:43:36 »
Finished my Phantom build on Saturday (also my first full keyboard build!), so time for some pictures!

It has a stainless steel plate in a winkeyless layout, and it's inside of a Vortex aluminum TKL case, using Leslieann's awesome adapters to fit it in the case. White Filco-style LEDs, RainDrop R2 keyset, Ionospheric Blue Skull CC.

The case doesn't quite fully close, because of the Teensy on the bottom of the Phantom. It's open a hair, but it's pretty unnoticeable.

The switches are buttery smooth vintage blacks from an old Wyse board, with 50g gold-plated springs, soon to be lubed with thick Geekhackers formula and stickered with sky blue stickers (waiting for stuff still). Clipped Cherry stabilizers all around. I will be installing an MX lock switch in the scroll lock position, but I'm still waiting for the switch to arrive. I'm also REALLY on the lookout for 4 or 5 Nixdorf blacks for the WASD and Esc keys, but they seem impossible to find so I'm kind of giving up hope there.

I still need to pick a nice cable from Zeal, but other than that and the other stuff I am waiting on, it's complete. I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with RainDrop or use my set of Miami Odessa R2 when it arrives.

These pictures are crappy quality, so I'm going to see if I can get some better pictures later on.

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #361 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 11:36:59 »
Nice one meow! That's a really clean board.  :thumb:

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #362 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 12:02:16 »
Nice one meow! That's a really clean board.  :thumb:

Thanks Hoff!  ;D It must really be nice, because I know you have good taste.  :thumb:

I'm rather proud of it, fitting it into the case was a bit tricky to figure out but totally worth it.

I'm looking forward to many more builds and modded boards, but I don't think my wallet is.  :))

Super jealous of your Skeldon Phantom by the way, crazy sick board.  :-*

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 12:04:10 »
Finished my Phantom build on Saturday (also my first full keyboard build!), so time for some pictures!

It has a stainless steel plate in a winkeyless layout, and it's inside of a Vortex aluminum TKL case, using Leslieann's awesome adapters to fit it in the case. White Filco-style LEDs, RainDrop R2 keyset, Ionospheric Blue Skull CC.

The case doesn't quite fully close, because of the Teensy on the bottom of the Phantom. It's open a hair, but it's pretty unnoticeable.

The switches are buttery smooth vintage blacks from an old Wyse board, with 50g gold-plated springs, soon to be lubed with thick Geekhackers formula and stickered with sky blue stickers (waiting for stuff still). Clipped Cherry stabilizers all around. I will be installing an MX lock switch in the scroll lock position, but I'm still waiting for the switch to arrive. I'm also REALLY on the lookout for 4 or 5 Nixdorf blacks for the WASD and Esc keys, but they seem impossible to find so I'm kind of giving up hope there.

I still need to pick a nice cable from Zeal, but other than that and the other stuff I am waiting on, it's complete. I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with RainDrop or use my set of Miami Odessa R2 when it arrives.

These pictures are crappy quality, so I'm going to see if I can get some better pictures later on.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very, very nice build! It looks very similar to an LZ-S I once owned. I approve of the 86-key Phantom layout! ;)

I'm really glad those vintage blacks went to good use. I feel bad for hoarding them for so long and not using them. Great work, meow!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Johan

« Reply #364 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 12:07:41 »
Wow, that looks stupid good!
Uh, stuff.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
« Reply #365 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 13:47:57 »
Very, very nice build! It looks very similar to an LZ-S I once owned. I approve of the 86-key Phantom layout! ;)

I'm really glad those vintage blacks went to good use. I feel bad for hoarding them for so long and not using them. Great work, meow!

Hoarding WYSE parts, who would even do that...?

Don't look in my basement.
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 18:53:38 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice theme, nice board, nice build, nice story :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #367 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 09:42:57 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thank you JD! I love the board, it's everything I wanted it to be! The only thing irking me is the spacebar stabilizer, it rattles a lot on the way back up.. not sure how to fix it besides greasing it.

I think the next board on my list is a winkeyless KMAC (one day!), but I'd love to own an LZ TKL. Do you have any pictures of that board? I'd love to take a look at it.

The 86 key layout of the Phantom is great. The 1.5x bottom row is just so nice to look at! And I've never used the menu key anyway.  :))

The switches feel great, there were a few chattering duds, but I had more than enough spares to replace them. Thanks again for hooking me up with them! This board definitely deserved them.

Wow, that looks stupid good!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice theme, nice board, nice build, nice story :D

Thanks Johan, Rowdy. I appreciate the kind words!  ;D

Boards:

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #368 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 12:49:32 »
litster case Phantom with Jailhouse Blues https://instagram.com/p/9grwgaHGZS/

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #369 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 02:09:53 »
litster case Phantom with Jailhouse Blues https://instagram.com/p/9grwgaHGZS/

Show Image

That's a really nice combo!
You've such awesome collection :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #370 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 21:31:21 »
Picture spam incoming! Recently did some work on my existing White PCB Phantom and finally found a good enough reason to assemble my black PCB Phantom.

First up is the black PCB Phantom. It's setup as ANSI150 with Costar stabs (it took me a very long time to find a 7u costar wire). I chose to install the diodes facing the plate to give the back of the PCB a cleaner look. I also took the time to flush cut both the diodes and switch legs to give the cleanest look possible. Switches are lubed (thick) 67g Zealios. Installed SIP sockets on the LED's. Placed into a Filco Ninja case with some pitch black PBT dye-subs on top.

A while back I swapped Gateron clears into my white PCB phantom after lubing (thin) and changing to 78g #gold springs. I cant help but to love the look of the all white switches with the white PCB as a backdrop.

« Last Edit: Sun, 01 November 2015, 21:41:31 by strict »

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #371 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 14:06:13 »
Picture spam incoming! Recently did some work on my existing White PCB Phantom and finally found a good enough reason to assemble my black PCB Phantom.

First up is the black PCB Phantom. It's setup as ANSI150 with Costar stabs (it took me a very long time to find a 7u costar wire). I chose to install the diodes facing the plate to give the back of the PCB a cleaner look. I also took the time to flush cut both the diodes and switch legs to give the cleanest look possible. Switches are lubed (thick) 67g Zealios. Installed SIP sockets on the LED's. Placed into a Filco Ninja case with some pitch black PBT dye-subs on top.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

A while back I swapped Gateron clears into my white PCB phantom after lubing (thin) and changing to 78g #gold springs. I cant help but to love the look of the all white switches with the white PCB as a backdrop.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow, looking great strict.  :) 

Where did you find the 7x Costar stab wire?  :3

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #372 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 12:50:42 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow, looking great strict.  :) 

Where did you find the 7x Costar stab wire?  :3

Thanks! I can't thank you enough for parting with that black PCB, this thing is my pride and joy right now!

I traded my Beast Ti switch tools to a Canadian member here who I believe got the 7u wire from WFD quite a while ago.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #373 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 21:18:17 »
i miss mine
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #374 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 18:52:01 »
to the top! BLACK OUT

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #375 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 21:19:57 »
to the top! BLACK OUT
Show Image

Nice!

I'm slowly warming up to the thought of building one of these, but both locating a case and Teensy programming are holding me back at this point.  I would have thought the lack of soldering skills would have made me hesitate, but the controller and case seem bigger obstacles.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline Data

« Reply #376 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 09:57:40 »
to the top! BLACK OUT
Show Image

Nice!

I'm slowly warming up to the thought of building one of these, but both locating a case and Teensy programming are holding me back at this point.  I would have thought the lack of soldering skills would have made me hesitate, but the controller and case seem bigger obstacles.

Teensy programming is the easy part.  Phantom is supported in EasyAVR, then you just flash the .HEX with PJRC's Teensy loader.  It will take you longer to setup your keymap in the GUI than it will to flash the controller.  It's stupid easy.  :P

As far as cases go, you could always make your own.  :D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #377 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 10:17:06 »
after many moons...

it is a reality.

Show Image

phantom x fake alert x 420 in an odd place

Miss mine :(

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #378 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 10:23:11 »
after many moons...

it is a reality.

Show Image

phantom x fake alert x 420 in an odd place

Miss mine :(

You miss a Cherry board?  I don't believe it.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #379 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 10:33:21 »
It's gh history!

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #380 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 10:53:26 »
It's gh history!

What'd you do with it?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #381 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 10:57:18 »
Sold it to somebody. No idea who tho.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #382 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 11:04:57 »
Sold it to somebody. No idea who tho.

RIP Phantom :(

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #383 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 11:07:56 »
I just want that damn red filco case.

Wonder if jd would sell me one.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #384 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 15:06:33 »
to the top! BLACK OUT
Show Image

Nice!

Teensy programming is the easy part.  Phantom is supported in EasyAVR, then you just flash the .HEX with PJRC's Teensy loader.  It will take you longer to setup your keymap in the GUI than it will to flash the controller.  It's stupid easy.  :P

Show Image

Not going to be making my own case.  It is a lot for me to even entertain light industrial activities (such as soldering) without even thinking about things like machine work.

Good to hear about the Teensy.  EasyAVR seems a lot simpler than the other alternatives I have seen.

Are Filco cases sold separately?  I saw a lot of talk in phantom related posts circa 2013 that the cases were sold separately, jus twondering if that was still a thing.  If I wanted to go all out (which I might), I see that mechanicalkeyboards has an aluminum case that's stated to be phantom + plate compatible.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline duq

• Connoisseur
« Reply #385 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 15:08:46 »
to the top! BLACK OUT
Show Image

Nice!

+1

A person at any experience will be able to program easily!

Check this thread:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51252.0

The GUI is super easy to use! All you need to is program the initial time by pressing the teensy button and then you can have a bootable button on a keyboard layer to go back whenever you need to program(WITHOUT OPENING THE CASE :))

Hopefully see you on this thread with your build soon :)

Offline Data

« Reply #386 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 07:05:12 »
More
to the top! BLACK OUT
Show Image

Nice!

Show Image

Not going to be making my own case.  It is a lot for me to even entertain light industrial activities (such as soldering) without even thinking about things like machine work.

Good to hear about the Teensy.  EasyAVR seems a lot simpler than the other alternatives I have seen.

Are Filco cases sold separately?  I saw a lot of talk in phantom related posts circa 2013 that the cases were sold separately, jus twondering if that was still a thing.  If I wanted to go all out (which I might), I see that mechanicalkeyboards has an aluminum case that's stated to be phantom + plate compatible.

I didn't cut those plates myself, I had them done at a local shop.  It was about $65 for bottom and switch plate together including material.  The other parts are just from a hardware store.

The MK.com Filco case fits a Filco, which the Phantom was designed around, so it'll fit a Phantom too by default.  If you get one I would also get a plate that was designed to fit the Filco case so you don't run into any fitment issues.  MK sells those too.  :)

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #387 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 01:13:12 »
More
to the top! BLACK OUT
Show Image

Nice!

Show Image

I didn't cut those plates myself, I had them done at a local shop.  It was about $65 for bottom and switch plate together including material.  The other parts are just from a hardware store.

The MK.com Filco case fits a Filco, which the Phantom was designed around, so it'll fit a Phantom too by default.  If you get one I would also get a plate that was designed to fit the Filco case so you don't run into any fitment issues.  MK sells those too.  :)

mk.com seems to have both a case and plate that will fit a phantom build.  Not cheap, but I don't mind as an ongoing project assuming everything actually fits.  I'm still interested to see if Filco TKL cases are available so I bring the costs down, but it all seems to exist and are available once I have the cash.

I'm intrigued by the possibilities of plate mounting switches.  If I understand things properly, once I get everything soldered down, I can switch cherry types but just pulling the tops and swapping stems and springs.  Sure beats the alternative of having to de-solder everything to make a change.