Author Topic: Post your key caps thread  (Read 696967 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: Post your key caps thread
« Reply #2250 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 15:50:07 »
GMK RGB set. The red is a little more orange than I had hoped. Need a red Esc now but not sure if EK's will match.
(Attachment Link)

EK's is the darker original GMK red color. I wonder why this GB came with a different red.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2251 on: Sun, 01 June 2014, 17:14:09 »
GMK RGB set. The red is a little more orange than I had hoped. Need a red Esc now but not sure if EK's will match.
(Attachment Link)

EK's is the darker original GMK red color. I wonder why this GB came with a different red.

Are you sure GMK has two reds. Someone said they only have one. My RGB set is from Sherry. (originative)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2252 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 23:27:11 »
I got some Alps Dolch-alike keycaps the other day. Took some comparison shots against actual GMK Dolch. They're quite nice, and in perfect condition.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The caps look darker in this one than they actually are.
Show Image

Is it weird that I prefer the replica to the original? Haha!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2253 on: Wed, 04 June 2014, 23:41:04 »
I got some Alps Dolch-alike keycaps the other day. Took some comparison shots against actual GMK Dolch. They're quite nice, and in perfect condition.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The caps look darker in this one than they actually are.
Show Image

Is it weird that I prefer the replica to the original? Haha!

Almost looks like the Grainte set in the current Tai Hao GB, in contradistinction to the Dolch set in the same GB.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2254 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 00:54:46 »
What board did those Alps caps come from? They are beautiful.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2255 on: Thu, 05 June 2014, 01:37:59 »
What board did those Alps caps come from? They are beautiful.

Likely a Toshiba laptop.  It's where I got mine.

Personally, I'm more interested in those half Alps on that board.  You could make a pretty awesome smaller layout with all your keys with those half Alps.

Offline TotallydubbedHD

• Reviewer
    • Totallydubbed.net
« Reply #2256 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 06:14:43 »
Attached are my caps and covers on my G710+ :)

Going to be modding my G710+ with a nice coat of paint!
Currently own a Logitech G710+ (Brown) at home and a CM Quick Fire XT (Brown) at work!
I've owned the Perixx PX-5000 (Black).
I have a QWER8 V2 Switch testing kit that I fiddle with :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2257 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 20:04:49 »
Post my keycaps?  Here are some of them ...

67343-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #2258 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 20:07:36 »
You never know how important ziploc bags are until you get into keyboards, I swear.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #2259 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 20:34:51 »

(Attachment Link)

seriously rowdy...step up your collection..not even a lot...JK JK  :))

I see a GMK bag  :cool:

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
Post your key caps thread
« Reply #2260 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 20:57:37 »

(Attachment Link)

Is it wrong that my eyes are fixed on that trampoline? :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 June 2014, 21:00:05 by CK Briefs »
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2261 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 21:12:26 »

(Attachment Link)

My daughter is not well at the moment - the only reason I was able to get to it - she would bounce all day and most of the night if she could!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2262 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 21:17:49 »

(Attachment Link)

My daughter is not well at the moment - the only reason I was able to get to it - she would bounce all day and most of the night if she could!

Hope she feels better!

I figured you  were going to say she'd try to swipe your caps. ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2263 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 22:21:55 »

(Attachment Link)

Hope she feels better!

I figured you  were going to say she'd try to swipe your caps. ;)

She is in the middle stages of a cold - occasional bursts of energy, interspersed with periods of inactivity.  Thank you for your kind thoughts :)

She has her own keycap collection, including a full Tai Hao yellow set, and three individual keycaps that I do not have.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #2264 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 10:56:19 »
You never know how important ziploc bags are until you get into keyboards, I swear.

LOL THIS IS SO TRUE
c h e r

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3
« Reply #2265 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 04:52:15 »

Offline donfrenchiano

« Reply #2266 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 06:26:34 »
Wu Tang!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2267 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 06:54:10 »
Wu Tang!

Show Image

Show Image

Welcome to Geekhack!

Where did the red Tux key come from?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2268 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 06:54:44 »
Looks like WASD lasered.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2269 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 06:55:51 »
Looks like WASD lasered.

The WAS and D keys look like WASD, you could be right ...

Offline donfrenchiano

« Reply #2270 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 17:24:09 »
Wu Tang!

Show Image

Show Image

Welcome to Geekhack!

They all came from wasd keyboards. You can buy different OS keys from them. The wu tang key i just uploaded a pic and they made it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2271 on: Fri, 13 June 2014, 21:47:59 »
Wu Tang!

Show Image

Show Image

Welcome to Geekhack!

They all came from wasd keyboards. You can buy different OS keys from them. The wu tang key i just uploaded a pic and they made it.

Fair enough, thanks!

I wondered because that red looks more vibrant than the one in my Sampler Kit.

Offline TophatGent

« Reply #2272 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 16:52:52 »
I am looking to order a new 104 ISO set from WASD.
The idea behind the design is "black space cadet keyboard".
What do you guys think?

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #2273 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 16:54:28 »
This is one of my favorite pictures I've taken, such a gorgeous cap.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2274 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 19:19:08 »

Show Image

+1

Such detail.

Many shadow.

So lighting.

Wow!

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #2275 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 19:31:04 »

Show Image

Great pic!  Is there some purple in there, or is that a reflection?
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #2276 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 19:32:51 »

Show Image

Great pic!  Is there some purple in there, or is that a reflection?
I'm not sure, I never noticed that.

I think it might be reflection from a monitor or something.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2277 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 15:52:54 »

My EVA (keycap only) collection, will only continue to grow as I prepare for the HolyOops versions.
I love Elzy

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2278 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 22:25:28 »
Show Image

My EVA (keycap only) collection, will only continue to grow as I prepare for the HolyOops versions.

I remember a friend of mine and you battling out to buy those puppies. Wasn't it from one of Feng's auctions?

Still the best looking EVA set out there.

Offline Vaii

• wat
« Reply #2279 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 12:42:23 »

These two are probably my favourite keycaps, sadly though I recently switched to topre so I won't be using them that much anymore :(
wtb dark plushberry (mx) bbv2 / starcluster (mx) bbv2

Offline Darwin

« Reply #2280 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:03:09 »
Show Image

Show Image

These two are probably my favourite keycaps, sadly though I recently switched to topre so I won't be using them that much anymore :(

Seriously, the gas mask key cap looks ok, but the second one looks like a pile of dog sh*t..

That's just how I see it, as a keyboard n00b.. Sorry.  ;D

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #2281 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:08:15 »
Show Image

Show Image

Seriously, the gas mask key cap looks ok, but the second one looks like a pile of dog sh*t..

Kek.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2282 on: Wed, 09 July 2014, 17:11:27 »
Show Image

Show Image

Not a lot of people would say that, but I am sure a lot of people would agree that some caps are for people that really like a certain style.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #2283 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 16:02:01 »
some modest additions to my 6Gv1  :thumb:

2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Zephitos

« Reply #2284 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 17:18:07 »
Wow what a awesome guys
Inventory
22mini brown, twosome mini, fc300r mx red,

WTB/WTS : [WTB] IMSTO PBT R2

To do
Make LZ's B series, LZ-FE,
-----------------------------------------------------------
And Fuxxing  DrugER

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #2285 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 18:04:42 »

Show Image

gorgeous shot, I love it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2286 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 03:53:38 »
some modest additions to my 6Gv1  :thumb:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice bright green :)

Offline Zephitos

« Reply #2287 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 04:44:33 »
some noveltys

72493-0
Inventory

To do
And Fuxxing  DrugER

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2288 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 04:50:23 »
some noveltys

(Attachment Link)

Is that a Gummyrot Green Skull on top right?  Or something else?

Offline Zephitos

« Reply #2289 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 13:47:57 »
some noveltys

(Attachment Link)

you're right
CC Skull gummyrot with white light
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 July 2014, 09:15:43 by Zephitos »
Inventory

To do
And Fuxxing  DrugER

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2290 on: Sun, 27 July 2014, 20:01:55 »
some noveltys

(Attachment Link)

you're right
CC Skull gummyrot

Thanks!

So difficult to photographs under different lights :)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2291 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:05:33 »

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2292 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:34:34 »
RGBY fun =)

Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2293 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:35:46 »
RGBY fun =)

Show Image

Show Image

It's almost like there should be an hhkb under there...   :rolleyes:

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #2294 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 11:36:43 »
RGBY fun =)

Show Image

Show Image

It's almost like there should be an hhkb under there...   :rolleyes:

I don't have the rest of the numrow with me =( I'll take some on the HHKB when I get home though =D
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Zephitos

« Reply #2295 on: Mon, 28 July 2014, 23:07:57 »
RGBY fun =)

Show Image

Show Image

cooool concept and keycaps
Inventory

To do
And Fuxxing  DrugER

Offline Danny356

« Reply #2296 on: Sat, 09 August 2014, 01:26:29 »

^ x100

Offline saxman

« Reply #2297 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 20:11:24 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2298 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 22:14:37 »
RGBY fun =)

Show Image

Show Image

That's awesome :)

Offline r4r00t

« Reply #2299 on: Thu, 09 October 2014, 18:04:03 »
Hi, newbie here!

Here's my Corsair K60 + Ducky ABS Gray Keycaps + CM Storm QuickFire Stealth WASD Keys on arrows.