Author Topic: [IC] SA SNES  (Read 183876 times)

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
Re: [IC] MT3 SNES // Kits, feedback, etc.
« Reply #300 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 10:48:55 »
I like the idea of moving the R1 Del, R2 PgUp, R3 PgDn to the TKL kit as a 65% user myself.  At the very least I'd want them in the Specialty Kit because otherwise I'd have to buy Ortho/40s which would be more expensive for only a couple keys.  And I like that the Accent kit has both the F row and numrow.  Gamer kit is solid too.

Could we get a couple (at least 2) 1u R3 novelties somewhere, like in the Power Pack kits? I'm an ortho user and don't use escape or tab in R3 on the left side or ' or enter on the right.

Two 1u R3 novelties would be more flexible for people, e.g., some people use R3 for control, caps lock, FN, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to see some more 1u R3 novelties as well.

Also if possible a 1u R3 Ctrl key in the ortho kit :)

Noted. Will add R3 keys for ortho. @psxndc, what keys are you using on R3, if you don't mind me asking?

One thing I want to take advantage of is the reversible R2/R3 profile. Still thinking about a solution.

Also, I suppose blanks are okay but generic legends or novelties are preferred? That being said, Ergodox mod kit would be blank.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 March 2020, 10:00:51 by voodoo6k »

Offline psxndc

[IC] MT3 SNES
« Reply #301 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:30:13 »

Noted. Will add R3 keys for ortho. @psxndc, what keys are you using on R3, if you don't mind me asking?

One thing I want to take advantage of is the reversible R2/R3 profile. Still thinking about a solution.

Also, I suppose blanks are okay but generic legends or novelties are preferred? That being said, Ergodox mod kit would be blank.
Totally didn't even think/realize about the reversible R2/R3, but text would be upside down if it wasn't an icon/blank.

For me, I have backspace on both sides (with delete being up in R1), but I know that I'm a weirdo in that respect. It started because I use Colemak which moves backspace to capslock and then when I switched to ortho, I moved Enter down to R4, freeing up R3 on the right side. Because I suck at touch typing still and I make a lot of mistakes, I use two backspaces to even out the strain on my pinkies. But getting even a 1u backspace for Colemak would be an additional key that few use and a big ask already, so getting two would be out of the question and not useable for anyone else. So I just ask for novelties. Plus that allows folks to put whatever they want there. At some point I may move CTRL to there so I'm not cranking my hand at an angle to copy/paste (which I do all the time) on the left side. Or a third layer key.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 March 2020, 11:45:11 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [IC] MT3 SNES
« Reply #302 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 15:14:17 »
Great kitting choices! It looks like you considered pretty much every cool, obscure layout out there.

I would keep all of the red outlined keys as is :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 March 2020, 15:16:03 by constexpr »

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #303 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 16:28:23 »
Great kitting choices! It looks like you considered pretty much every cool, obscure layout out there.

I would keep all of the red outlined keys as is :)

Thank you. They will probably be moved and not removed. ;)

I just noticed that R1 Esc is missing from TKL... full sculpt is hard.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #304 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 16:37:22 »

Keeping them where they are would be preferential even to moving them, imo. I think the current setup strikes a great balance between versatility, layout coverage and kit size. :)

Speaking of the TKL mods, have you considered dropping or moving Menu (esp. the 1u)? Seems just a tad redundant, since Fn usually covers for that key quite well.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #305 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 17:42:37 »

Keeping them where they are would be preferential even to moving them, imo. I think the current setup strikes a great balance between versatility, layout coverage and kit size. :)

Speaking of the TKL mods, have you considered dropping or moving Menu (esp. the 1u)? Seems just a tad redundant, since Fn usually covers for that key quite well.

I like the idea of an all-in-one TKL kit (65~75% friendly), leaving Specialty for less common boards. It makes for an easier buy, imo.

As for the Fn/menu keys, the rationale was that if you include the R3 Control, then some people might want that extra 1.25u Fn on the bottom row. So why not include the 1u as well. Though we can always reconsider.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #306 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 13:25:32 »
I've been thinking... the ABXY kit isn't really doing it for me. I think (4) blank kits would be more versatile and cheaper than novelties:

Buttons (replacing ABXY)

Old ABXY

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 March 2020, 16:11:53 by voodoo6k »

Offline psxndc

[IC] MT3 SNES
« Reply #307 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 14:13:08 »
Certainly works for me. And to be fair, the buttons on the SNES controller aren't themselves labeled like the PS and Xbox controller buttons are.

I like the R3 additions to the ortho/40s in the power pack btw. Thanks for that!
Ortho. Always.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #308 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 14:23:38 »
Certainly works for me. And to be fair, the buttons on the SNES controller aren't themselves labeled like the PS and Xbox controller buttons are.

Exactly!
--

I updated all the kits.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #309 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 21:25:33 »
Added ergo mods and buttons.

*** Drop poll: https://drop.com/vote/MT3-SNES-Keycap-Group-Buy ***

Please vote to help generate interest :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 March 2020, 21:37:37 by voodoo6k »

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #310 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 22:58:04 »
Thanks for adding the Power Pack kit specifically for 40's/ortho.

One thing I'd like to know from others is if they prefer start and select on the same row. That way it can match the SNES controller. Also, if not start and select on r5, I'd like to see some novelty text on r5, esp. for ortho considering it has at least 10, 1u r5 mods. Staggered 40's does not have as many r5 mods, but it'd be nice to put some novelty text caps there as well.

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #311 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 03:52:07 »
I love this, but I just checked, I want 7(!) of the kits, this would be hella expensive... still, I might join this, maybe with less decoration. I'd like to get the 4 coloured arrow keys like in the new banner render but the OG gamer kit is otherwise useless and looks like it's going to be super expensive... Anyway this is my second most favourite set in IC rn, looking forward to the ABS MT3 reviews. (If it turns out something with ABS MT3 is really wrong, would you consider switching to KAT?)

Offline catbus

« Reply #312 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 06:53:25 »
Love the Ortho/40% and the Power Pack changes.

Are the alphas white or a light grey?

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #313 on: Mon, 23 March 2020, 11:37:29 »

One thing I'd like to know from others is if they prefer start and select on the same row. That way it can match the SNES controller. Also, if not start and select on r5, I'd like to see some novelty text on r5, esp. for ortho considering it has at least 10, 1u r5 mods. Staggered 40's does not have as many r5 mods, but it'd be nice to put some novelty text caps there as well.

I agree. Start/Select were originally on the bottom row. I removed them because the kits were getting too large. But I see your point...

I love this, but I just checked, I want 7(!) of the kits, this would be hella expensive... still, I might join this, maybe with less decoration. I'd like to get the 4 coloured arrow keys like in the new banner render but the OG gamer kit is otherwise useless and looks like it's going to be super expensive... Anyway this is my second most favourite set in IC rn, looking forward to the ABS MT3 reviews. (If it turns out something with ABS MT3 is really wrong, would you consider switching to KAT?)

Some kits may slim down or get split up. Don't worry, it will all fall into place once I get more feedback.

The colour I am using for the alphas is currently: https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/PQ-14-4103TCX

For which you can get a plastic chip. I only have chips for the purple colours at this moment (they are expensive).

It's similar to SP's GTL but a tad lighter (like GSL): https://pimpmykeyboard.com/template/images/absgray.jpg (I have samples for both)

TL;DR: Not as dark as the PAL version nor as purple-grey as the NA version, but it provides good contrast with the dark purple legends without being too white.

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #314 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 02:06:00 »

I agree. Start/Select were originally on the bottom row. I removed them because the kits were getting too large. But I see your point...

Some kits may slim down or get split up. Don't worry, it will all fall into place once I get more feedback.

The colour I am using for the alphas is currently: https://www.pantone.com/color-finder/PQ-14-4103TCX

For which you can get a plastic chip. I only have chips for the purple colours at this moment (they are expensive).

It's similar to SP's GTL but a tad lighter (like GSL): https://pimpmykeyboard.com/template/images/absgray.jpg (I have samples for both)

TL;DR: Not as dark as the PAL version nor as purple-grey as the NA version, but it provides good contrast with the dark purple legends without being too white.
Looking forward to this, looks interesting.
Alphas, tkl, gamer kit, accent and spacebars!

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline catbus

« Reply #315 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 04:06:44 »

Thank you for the clarification!
Can't wait for this set!  :thumb:

Offline DrivenKeys

• portfolio
« Reply #316 on: Tue, 24 March 2020, 18:46:15 »
Voted. Excited. Grateful.

Purple/lavender numpad keys would be incredible.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 March 2020, 19:05:13 by DrivenKeys »
1994 Lexmark Model M, Unicomp EnduraPro, EP84/KC84 (Box Navies with gpl107) Leopold FC900R (MX Clears), Ducky One (MX Whites), Das X50q

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #317 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 10:10:15 »
It was brought up by @cijanzen on keebtalk that the alphas may look monochrome on certain devices, in the renders.

To be clear, the alphas legends are dark purple. Was anyone expecting grey on grey alphas? Otherwise, a monochrome options could be nice.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #318 on: Wed, 25 March 2020, 11:21:22 »
Just checking in to say I saw the new tkl mod kit render and it looks hawt  :thumb:

Offline amarotea

« Reply #319 on: Thu, 26 March 2020, 01:06:39 »
So many nostalgic feels looking at this—exciting.

Offline Xerpocalypse

• (◡ ‿ ◡ )
« Reply #320 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 16:50:58 »
Yes please. I love how this looks in MT3 Profile.

Offline Exemplar

« Reply #321 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 17:00:23 »
Very VERY excited for this. Looks great in a spherical profile. Keep up the great work. I could have missed it, but have you released any potential vendors?
Da pacem, Domine, in diebus nostris
Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #322 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 17:34:34 »
Very VERY excited for this. Looks great in a spherical profile. Keep up the great work. I could have missed it, but have you released any potential vendors?

It's MT3, so Drop will be the vendor.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 21:30:12 »
It was brought up by @cijanzen on keebtalk that the alphas may look monochrome on certain devices, in the renders.

To be clear, the alphas legends are dark purple. Was anyone expecting grey on grey alphas? Otherwise, a monochrome options could be nice.
Would appreciate if accent kit was moved to alphas and the the current number and F row moved to monochrome alphas.

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #324 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 04:12:50 »

Would appreciate if accent kit was moved to alphas and the the current number and F row moved to monochrome alphas.

This sounds like it comes from a 60s user, having both rows purple would look awful. But for the F-keys, I agree those could be in base, I'd guess the majority of people using this set with F keys would want these accents as they're pretty central to the theme. I don't think the same is true for the majority of users with a number row, though

Offline gminso

« Reply #325 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 09:49:35 »
i have an idea, how about a kit consists of w,a,s,d,x as dark gray, v,g,n,j also as dark gray and l,p,/,' as purple? so that we can visualize an snes controller on the keyboard?  :D :D  ( will look perfect for ortho owners but staggered would good too)

Another opinion is that I prefer to see as much purple as we can see on snes controller. Full F row of purple seems too extreme.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 March 2020, 09:52:28 by gminso »

Offline psxndc

[IC] MT3 SNES // Kits, feedback, etc.
« Reply #326 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 11:45:33 »
I believe the OG Gamer Pack and using the R2/R3 purple blanks will give you the look you're looking for, no?
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 March 2020, 11:49:16 by psxndc »
Ortho. Always.

Offline abbabon

• I’ve got 99 Zilents and a THOCK ain’t one
    • I make “video games” with all these keyboards
« Reply #327 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 15:11:59 »
I'm tottally in. This needs an ergo kit!

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #328 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 18:02:19 »

It's MT3, so Drop will be the vendor.

Correct

This sounds like it comes from a 60s user, having both rows purple would look awful. But for the F-keys, I agree those could be in base, I'd guess the majority of people using this set with F keys would want these accents as they're pretty central to the theme. I don't think the same is true for the majority of users with a number row, though

The accent f-row was originally in the TKL kit but some people asked for the normal f-row. If we add the monochrome alphas, then we have to split the f-row anyway.

I'm tottally in. This needs an ergo kit!

i have an idea, how about a kit consists of w,a,s,d,x as dark gray, v,g,n,j also as dark gray and l,p,/,' as purple? so that we can visualize an snes controller on the keyboard?  :D :D  ( will look perfect for ortho owners but staggered would good too)

Another opinion is that I prefer to see as much purple as we can see on snes controller. Full F row of purple seems too extreme.

Because this is full-sculpt, what you're suggesting is more difficult. The best you can do, as mentioned by @psxndc, is get some button kits; there are some for each row. Unfortunately, we can't offer every possibility. :(

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #329 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 11:36:28 »
I posted the IC on reddit:

Jesus christ I just posted on April fools... UNDO!!! :eek:
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 April 2020, 16:20:41 by voodoo6k »

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #330 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 04:18:08 »

The accent f-row was originally in the TKL kit but some people asked for the normal f-row. If we add the monochrome alphas, then we have to split the f-row anyway.

I first saw this IC over at Keebtalk so didn't realize this was the case. Call me different but I actually like the purple F-row in the base better. I get people love monochrome but come on, if every set is monochrome what is the fun in that? My preference would be purple F-row in base kit, monochrome F-row as a separate kit, similar to how Oblivion has an entire Monochrome mod kit for people who love it that way. But the base has to stay true to the vision and inspiration of the set.

And last but not least, super homing kit please! (another reminder)

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #331 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 09:37:45 »

I first saw this IC over at Keebtalk so didn't realize this was the case. Call me different but I actually like the purple F-row in the base better. I get people love monochrome but come on, if every set is monochrome what is the fun in that? My preference would be purple F-row in base kit, monochrome F-row as a separate kit, similar to how Oblivion has an entire Monochrome mod kit for people who love it that way. But the base has to stay true to the vision and inspiration of the set.

And last but not least, super homing kit please! (another reminder)

Thanks for your comment.

To clarify, when I mentioned "monochrome", I referred to the alpha's legend colour. They are purple; and I am considering a monochrome option.

The monochrome option would not be a replacement for the current alphas. This way, people who don't particularly care for SNES and want a lighter MT3 set with R5 bottom row, can still join. Further, European & global buyers may prefer a PAL/Famicom themed set.

Depending on whether we offer the monochrome alphas or not, your suggestion could make sense. As is, I agree that moving the accent f-row back into the TKL kit, while having the normal f-row as an option, would be smart. If we decide to offer the monochrome alphas, then... I would have to think about it.

But yeah, I think swapping the normal f-row for the accent f-row is a good idea.

Offline stoffelduss

« Reply #332 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 10:07:51 »
I would only buy an alpha set if it also comes with a compatible colevrak+ kit, and I did not expect the legends to be black from the renders. I think I'd buy the purple one if there was an option between 2 otherwise equal legend colors, but black legends would probably also look good.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #333 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 10:11:16 »
I would only buy an alpha set if it also comes with a compatible colevrak+ kit, and I did not expect the legends to be black from the renders. I think I'd buy the purple one if there was an option between 2 otherwise equal legend colors, but black legends would probably also look good.

The monochrome legends would be dark grey (like the Enter and Esc keys).

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #334 on: Thu, 02 April 2020, 12:00:58 »
But yeah, I think swapping the normal f-row for the accent f-row is a good idea.

yes, can never have enough purple! :thumb:

btw the POWER pack TKL kit has different font to the TKL kit and also different to Susuwatari font. so new molds?

Offline Narf

• Krado Industries
Re: [IC] SA SNES
« Reply #335 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 16:52:25 »
Can you throw in 2 1.5u R2 keys to cover Ergos and boardwalk?
That's a tough one. If we were to look into an Ergo kit, what is the consensus on blanks versus legends?
I’m just saying all you need is 2 1.5u R2 keys and you will cover boardwalk. I’m contingent on that. I mean 2 keys is like 2$

I would also like to see two more R5 1.5u keys to cover the bottom corners. Might be cool to add them in different colors like the purple or dark gray. Might also be nice to get additional 1u keys for inside mods for boards like the Boardwalk or RGBKB's Mun and Sol2 where you can replace the vertical 1.5u keys with 1u. I guess I could just get the Button's kit and live with them not matching the alpha's row profile. Speaking of the Buttons kit, how difficult would it be to add colored buttons in more than one profile? Like Blue R1, Green R2, Red R3, Yellow R4; or Blue R2 Green and Red R3, Yellow R4; or Blue R2 Green Red Yellow R3.? That way people could also use them for the extra mods on 65% boards, and people who are on boards that don't have a  [;'/ cluster on their boards could have the right buttons as well. I know adding a bunch of keys jacks up the price though. Just a thought.

+1 for ergo. i'd prefer blank or non-specific legends (L, R, A, B, X, Y, start, select, power, reset, etc.) for the 1.5 modifiers, if possible.

+1 on this. Normally I do not like blank mods because it makes it look like a cheap aftermarket thing, but I think in this case it matches the blank controller buttons. Having SNES themed legends would be really neat. I always have to skip ergo kits that have specific legends because they are so far off of the mod layout I use on Ergo. I like non-specific legends for the aesthetics. I am not sure it would be cost prohibitive, or maybe just time consuming, but having extra 1.5u colored mods would be awesome. Like right side mods would be BGRY or light purple x2 + Dark Purple x2, and the left mods could be all dark gray. I don't mean to be difficult by adding all of these suggestions, but I feel like ergo is a great opportunity to mimic SNES controllers because of the symmetrical design. The thing that is kind of a must-change for me is the addition of the 1.5u keys for the bottom corners on the Ergo kits.
The 40s kit and Power Pack kits look very nice as well. 

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #336 on: Fri, 03 April 2020, 23:35:23 »
That's a tough one. If we were to look into an Ergo kit, what is the consensus on blanks versus legends?
I’m just saying all you need is 2 1.5u R2 keys and you will cover boardwalk. I’m contingent on that. I mean 2 keys is like 2$

I would also like to see two more R5 1.5u keys to cover the bottom corners. Might be cool to add them in different colors like the purple or dark gray. Might also be nice to get additional 1u keys for inside mods for boards like the Boardwalk or RGBKB's Mun and Sol2 where you can replace the vertical 1.5u keys with 1u. I guess I could just get the Button's kit and live with them not matching the alpha's row profile. Speaking of the Buttons kit, how difficult would it be to add colored buttons in more than one profile? Like Blue R1, Green R2, Red R3, Yellow R4; or Blue R2 Green and Red R3, Yellow R4; or Blue R2 Green Red Yellow R3.? That way people could also use them for the extra mods on 65% boards, and people who are on boards that don't have a  [;'/ cluster on their boards could have the right buttons as well. I know adding a bunch of keys jacks up the price though. Just a thought.

+1 for ergo. i'd prefer blank or non-specific legends (L, R, A, B, X, Y, start, select, power, reset, etc.) for the 1.5 modifiers, if possible.

+1 on this. Normally I do not like blank mods because it makes it look like a cheap aftermarket thing, but I think in this case it matches the blank controller buttons. Having SNES themed legends would be really neat. I always have to skip ergo kits that have specific legends because they are so far off of the mod layout I use on Ergo. I like non-specific legends for the aesthetics. I am not sure it would be cost prohibitive, or maybe just time consuming, but having extra 1.5u colored mods would be awesome. Like right side mods would be BGRY or light purple x2 + Dark Purple x2, and the left mods could be all dark gray. I don't mean to be difficult by adding all of these suggestions, but I feel like ergo is a great opportunity to mimic SNES controllers because of the symmetrical design. The thing that is kind of a must-change for me is the addition of the 1.5u keys for the bottom corners on the Ergo kits.

There's a lot of information here to visualize. I'll get back to you.

yes, can never have enough purple! :thumb:

btw the POWER pack TKL kit has different font to the TKL kit and also different to Susuwatari font. so new molds?

Yes, it's a novelties kit and the font is based on the Super Nintendo font. Otherwise Susu and SNES have the same legends and font to keep the tooling minimal.

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #337 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 00:02:10 »

Yes, it's a novelties kit and the font is based on the Super Nintendo font. Otherwise Susu and SNES have the same legends and font to keep the tooling minimal.

hmm can you make a render of the novelties kit with the alphas and TKL mods then? My concern is the different fonts will clash visually for me. cheers!  :thumb:

Offline Module

« Reply #338 on: Sat, 04 April 2020, 09:44:30 »
Nice.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
Re: [IC] SA SNES
« Reply #339 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 12:28:53 »

Thanks for your suggestions. I am not really well versed in Ergo layouts, but the missing R5 1.5u's were brought up before, so I will add them.

RE: Buttons (also applies to 1.5u mods). The problem is that there are sooo many possibilities. You may like BGRY, but I like GBYR, someone else may prefer RGBY... and since this is fully sculpted, it's impossible to please everyone. This is the first draft (of buttons). My concern is not overlapping with OG Gamer pack; which is meant to not look like a cheap knock off, as you said, by offering the most 'universal' options.

I will say that an Ergo kit with generic doubleshot legends (eg. Start, Select, A, B, X, Y, etc.) would be monumentally expensive; so out of the question.

To summarize, the Ergo kit and buttons need adjustment. The challenge with this theme is that everyone has their own vision and MT3 imposes a lot of restrictions.

Offline nettoxx7

« Reply #340 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 12:50:52 »
Just gotten my first mt3 profile which was Serika, enjoying it and will definitely be looking to get this too ! GL

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #341 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 14:13:18 »
I wish this wasn't being made...because it's such a must-buy.

Offline PenguinMoe

« Reply #342 on: Fri, 10 April 2020, 14:14:01 »
I plan to build an Iris soon and just wanted to say that I really like the ortho part of the Ortho + 40% kit.  A lot of the keysets that I have been looking at give you limited options for ortho, especially R3, and your kit checks all of my boxes.  Offering the buttons kit makes it even better because you can just get blanks if you want to.

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #343 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 06:41:39 »
Why abs mt3 and not pbt mt3? Do people forget that for some reason abs is acceptable on GMK even though it shouldn’t. I mean it still boggles my mind that the most popular manufacturer is the most expensive, least adaptive, worst options for kits, and thanks to being ABS has a shelf life based on use. I own a few GMK sets.... for show. Shine literally is disgusting. If I sat down at a keyboard with shine I’d feel like I needed gloves to touch those nasty greasy chips and I’m far from a germaphobe. Lesss bring this back to PBT as is proper for a keyset you want to type on and last more than a few months.

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #344 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 12:09:38 »
Why abs mt3 and not pbt mt3? Do people forget that for some reason abs is acceptable on GMK even though it shouldn’t. I mean it still boggles my mind that the most popular manufacturer is the most expensive, least adaptive, worst options for kits, and thanks to being ABS has a shelf life based on use. I own a few GMK sets.... for show. Shine literally is disgusting. If I sat down at a keyboard with shine I’d feel like I needed gloves to touch those nasty greasy chips and I’m far from a germaphobe. Lesss bring this back to PBT as is proper for a keyset you want to type on and last more than a few months.

classic mdotm post

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #345 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 12:24:07 »

LOL shine is love, shine is life hahahaha

Offline mode

« Reply #346 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 16:13:04 »

I like shine and bright colours.

Deal with it.

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #347 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 09:05:09 »
Hey man, this set keeps getting better and better!

Love the 40's kit, but noticed something on both that and the mini bars kit. Only one 2u spacebar, any chance we can get 2 in these kits? 2x2u ortho is amazing, would hate not to have that support with this set being as comprehensive as it is!

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #348 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 09:59:29 »
Hey man, this set keeps getting better and better!

Love the 40's kit, but noticed something on both that and the mini bars kit. Only one 2u spacebar, any chance we can get 2 in these kits? 2x2u ortho is amazing, would hate not to have that support with this set being as comprehensive as it is!

You would have to either get the Specialty or Minibars kit.

Ortho + Specialty for your special ortho board. ;)

Offline hnaeht

« Reply #349 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 10:29:16 »
is there any plan for a GB soon? this looks awesome.