Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2708585 times)

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #7800 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:11:44 »
I just dug my SSK out of my closet in anticipation of the buckling spring bro. Can't wait to see what it looks like!

Tsk tsk, one does not put an IBM SSK in a closet . . . . .

Unless that SSK comes out of the closet to become faaaabbullllouuuuss with cosmic BS artisan unicorn dust.
I read fabulous in a voice I do not want to describe.. I have no idea what the cap will look like, hopefully the cap is faaaabbullllouuuuss though :p

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7801 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:24:31 »
I don't have any previous experience, so I don't really know this.

How long does it usually take for caps to arrive after they've been shipped in CONUS? Does Bro do priority mail?

I'm just insanely anticipating seeing all of these new caps from people lol.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #7802 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:27:26 »

How long does it usually take for caps to arrive after they've been shipped in CONUS? Does Bro do priority mail?

Typical ETA is 2-3 months

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #7803 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:34:39 »

Depends on where yo live. But he ships in a small flat rate box. Ships from NV so if you're on the west coast, a day or two. East coast then 3 days or so.

Or whatever the estimates of Priority Mail is :P

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7804 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:36:12 »

Typical ETA is 2-3 months

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #7805 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:38:16 »
I just dug my SSK out of my closet in anticipation of the buckling spring bro. Can't wait to see what it looks like!

Tsk tsk, one does not put an IBM SSK in a closet . . . . .

Unless that SSK comes out of the closet to become faaaabbullllouuuuss with cosmic BS artisan unicorn dust.
I read fabulous in a voice I do not want to describe.. I have no idea what the cap will look like, hopefully the cap is faaaabbullllouuuuss though :p

Because you have voiced your intent, it shall be deemed so. I cannot wait for pics of your SSK with the keycap. Congrats!  :thumb:

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #7806 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:38:55 »

Depends on where yo live. But he ships in a small flat rate box. Ships from NV so if you're on the west coast, a day or two. East coast then 3 days or so.

I'm pretty sure Priority mail is guaranteed 2 days CONUS. I could be wrong though..

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7807 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 00:41:37 »

I'm pretty sure Priority mail is guaranteed 2 days CONUS. I could be wrong though..

It is sometimes 3-Day. Weird, but it can be. I always thought it was 2.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #7808 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 03:14:11 »
Bro's post office kind of sucks too, so one/two/three days can turn into six or seven pretty easily.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7809 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 04:22:28 »
I thought it was 2-3 days. Possibly 3 if they drop it off at the end of the day

Either way, few days to receive your winnings once it's been shipped

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #7810 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 04:28:17 »
Yeah, that extra day would be KILLER... imagine having to wait a week or 2... -_-

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #7811 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 04:32:05 »
Yeah, that extra day would be KILLER... imagine having to wait a week or 2... -_-
Or forever

Because I didn't get anything

Cries ;-;
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #7812 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 04:36:08 »

Gosh I wonder how long it will take for my bros to reach me down in Australia... (I just got my sadsters today, for reference)

Slightly disheartened that by the time they reach me, the gallery thread would have seen pages and pages of cosmos bros already  :'( but I'm sure that on that day I will be too happy to care anyway.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #7813 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 04:40:24 »

Gosh I wonder how long it will take for my bros to reach me down in Australia... (I just got my sadsters today, for reference)

Slightly disheartened that by the time they reach me, the gallery thread would have seen pages and pages of cosmos bros already  :'( but I'm sure that on that day I will be too happy to care anyway.

dw m8 by the time I get mine I'll be in a similar boat (tho I've no idea what I'm getting), go to italy next week for two weeks so the earliest I'll see anything is going to be early August-ish

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #7814 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 04:43:51 »
I've taken up the policy of just ignoring when stuff ships and when it's supposed to get to me (unless it's something extremely expensive).  I get so happy when I see something randomly show up in my mailbox. :))

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7815 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 05:03:09 »
I've taken up the policy of just ignoring when stuff ships and when it's supposed to get to me (unless it's something extremely expensive).  I get so happy when I see something randomly show up in my mailbox. :))
+1
I hate how google automatically remind me of package tracking

First world technology problem hey
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7816 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 05:03:09 »

I wish I could do that, but I just love watching tracking update. No idea why. The tracking doesn't even have to be about a package for me but I still have to check it constantly

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7817 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 05:37:49 »

If you've just received your Sadsters, mine can't be too far behind.

Stuff from the US generally takes 2 to 3 weeks to arrive down here, although Bro's packages seem to arrive at the shorter end of the scale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #7818 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 05:39:03 »

Haha exactly and then imagine having to wait a month or 2....  -_-  (3rd world problems)  :))

I use the same policy now and only start checking after 2 months to make sure it's not just sitting at the post office or something.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #7819 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 05:57:10 »

Haha exactly and then imagine having to wait a month or 2....  -_-  (3rd world problems)  :))

#clackvent
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline zenless

« Reply #7820 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 15:00:29 »
Little late but with the last sale I kept hoping my email was broken.  Hopefully I'll be able to trade for a Brobot v2 when i (someday) get in on a buy! That last round was pretty sweet.

Offline bjb39

« Reply #7821 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 19:02:06 »
There should be a separate thread for people asking how long for their Brocaps to arrive. Some of us got NONE! This isn't shipping therapy!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #7822 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 19:07:05 »
There should be a separate thread for people asking how long for their Brocaps to arrive. Some of us got NONE! This isn't shipping therapy!
i need therapy for not having deep pockets for the recent auction!
i wish i was born with a silver spoon or I am a young startup with billion dollars company! :D

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #7823 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 19:09:28 »
i wish i was born with a silver spoon or I am a young startup with billion dollars company! :D

Or a depressed nutjob with nothing better to spend his money on?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7824 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 22:38:36 »

I'd go with Belfong's plan!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline dwk396

• asdf1234
« Reply #7825 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 22:48:35 »

or someone who enjoys spending money on something that he likes and supports....?
or...whatever you said..

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #7826 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 05:28:17 »
Brilliant news! A Reaper I had on the way and thought it had gotten lost in the post, and it's turned up! :D

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #7827 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 05:42:52 »
Brilliant news! A Reaper I had on the way and thought it had gotten lost in the post, and it's turned up! :D

Congrats, that must be a great feeling!

Is it too pretty for a potato pic or are you setting up a full photoshoot?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7828 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 05:48:07 »

cry more pls I didn't quite hear you

literally didn't even win. I'm waiting to see about trades thus, I'll ask about shipping times derp.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #7829 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 05:48:26 »

it's in Aus at the moment, I'll post pics when I get it :D

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7830 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 05:51:00 »

Wow your collection is growing rapidly

Need pic :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #7831 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 05:52:59 »

Dare I ask what it's doing on the wrong side of the world?  Even the worst doctor's handwriting couldn't make "United Kingdom" look anything like "Australia" :confused:  Still, you know where it is so things could be much worse :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #7832 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 05:55:52 »

Dare I ask what it's doing on the wrong side of the world?  Even the worst doctor's handwriting couldn't make "United Kingdom" look anything like "Australia" :confused:  Still, you know where it is so things could be much worse :)

Well, it got shipped to an old address that was on my paypal account, because I had forgotten to send him my current address, so it was my fault, and the people who live at that address now said I never lived there or something and so it got sent back to Aus before I even knew and could arrange a re-delivery lol

So tbf it was my fault, but still, took like 2-3 weeks I think to get back to Aus? scary

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #7833 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 06:04:38 »

Well, it got shipped to an old address that was on my paypal account, because I had forgotten to send him my current address, so it was my fault, and the people who live at that address now said I never lived there or something and so it got sent back to Aus before I even knew and could arrange a re-delivery lol

So tbf it was my fault, but still, took like 2-3 weeks I think to get back to Aus? scary
Ah that makes sense, hopefully it won't take that long to come back!  Looking forward to the pics :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #7834 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 06:13:27 »

I posted this a few days ago, it's the most recent photo of my collection as it stands:

Won't be able to take anymore till August now due to going away!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7835 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 06:20:28 »

Priority mail isn't guaranteed. :P

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #7836 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 07:33:25 »
Bro's post office kind of sucks too, so one/two/three days can turn into six or seven pretty easily.

Yeah, I've had it hold up a couple of my packages.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #7837 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 08:20:42 »

Priority mail isn't guaranteed. :P
I'm wrong then.  :p

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #7838 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 08:30:21 »
I am happy to know I am getting something, I can handle the wait   :D

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #7839 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 08:34:35 »
Same
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #7840 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 08:35:14 »
Same

Dido :D
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #7841 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 08:37:41 »
Same

Получить раздутыми

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #7842 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 08:53:21 »
Same

Получить раздутыми

Google told me this is what you said "Get hyped" is this true? Can I get HYPUUUUUU?

HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #7843 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 09:01:28 »
Same

Получить раздутыми

Google told me this is what you said "Get hyped" is this true? Can I get HYPUUUUUU?

Show Image

Offline nukec

• that rug really tied the room together
« Reply #7844 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 12:41:17 »
Me waiting for clackvent and bro caps:
HHKB Pro2, Poker2 Blue, KBPV60 Brown, DuckyShine3 Brown

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #7845 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 13:08:30 »

I posted this a few days ago, it's the most recent photo of my collection as it stands:

Show Image

Won't be able to take anymore till August now due to going away!

love reapers, reaper love
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline dwk396

• asdf1234
« Reply #7846 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 22:55:51 »
when I make a ticket, can I put just five? or can I put more than 5 but just I can win up to five?

Just curious...

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #7847 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 23:05:14 »
when I make a ticket, can I put just five? or can I put more than 5 but just I can win up to five?

Just curious...
You can put as many as you like on your ticket, but you can only win up to the maximum limit.

Offline dwk396

• asdf1234
« Reply #7848 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 23:06:37 »

Just curious...
You can put as many as you like on your ticket, but you can only win up to the maximum limit.

Thanks Air tree!
ahhhh I wanted dem reapers....and bro bots gahhh

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #7849 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 02:15:15 »
Same

Получить раздутыми

Show Image

Do you watch competitive LoL too?